Malcolm Post Race hint

jeffro503
4/23/2018 6:08pm
Right GuyB, if youre gonna play with old heads bored at work might as well give one hint
GuyB wrote:
I gave a few hints already. Why do I not drop the story behind every rumor? If I do, and it ends up not happening, I...
I gave a few hints already.

Why do I not drop the story behind every rumor?

If I do, and it ends up not happening, I catch crap from everyone here for being "wrong".

I don't want to screw up someone's potential deal.
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Kaven Benoit?
Now THAT......would be cool!! I think that dude deserves a real shot , on a real team here in the states.
Renner153
Fantasy
3583rd
4/23/2018 6:31pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Is that you Beth is giving a shout out to on her Facebook?
It was
ML512
Fantasy
54th
4/23/2018 6:36pm
Benoit or Gibbs would make me scratch my head, unless KTM wants to give either a one shot thing then send them back. Cause neither Gibbs or Benoit would be someone they would keep the following year (Supercross skills...or lack of per se), I would think it would be someone that has more upside to test for possible future use. Unless KTM has their eyes set on next year and wants to give one of those guys a shot, but it gives up their chances of a title in those regions...and doesn't give them any extra chance at one here...
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
4/23/2018 6:42pm
I dropped a hint over a week ago.

The Shop

Racer111
4/23/2018 6:45pm
avidchimp wrote:
What hint did you drop?? It’s not like everyone reads or sees every post you make.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
4/23/2018 6:47pm
avidchimp wrote:
Racer111 wrote:
What hint did you drop?? It’s not like everyone reads or sees every post you make.
Dungey if the planets align.
ga_pike
4/23/2018 6:50pm
I notice GuyB hasn't said "no" to Dungey... yet. LOL
Helder
4/23/2018 7:26pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2018 7:27pm
He wont because its Dungey rumour is $5m for for MX 2018 SX/MX 2019, $175k a win in SX, $50k a moto win and $100k for the overall.
Sully
4/23/2018 7:37pm
Helder wrote:
He wont because its Dungey rumour is $5m for for MX 2018 SX/MX 2019, $175k a win in SX, $50k a moto win and $100k for...
He wont because its Dungey rumour is $5m for for MX 2018 SX/MX 2019, $175k a win in SX, $50k a moto win and $100k for the overall.
I won't sit here and say it's not Dungey (because I honestly don't know), but I thought that he retired because his head wasn't in it anymore?
Helder
4/23/2018 7:43pm
Word on the street is Lindsy has a mad shopping addiction so he has to go back to work.... but you didn't hear it from me...
berno929
Fantasy
2519th
4/23/2018 7:50pm
ML512 wrote:
Benoit or Gibbs would make me scratch my head, unless KTM wants to give either a one shot thing then send them back. Cause neither Gibbs...
Benoit or Gibbs would make me scratch my head, unless KTM wants to give either a one shot thing then send them back. Cause neither Gibbs or Benoit would be someone they would keep the following year (Supercross skills...or lack of per se), I would think it would be someone that has more upside to test for possible future use. Unless KTM has their eyes set on next year and wants to give one of those guys a shot, but it gives up their chances of a title in those regions...and doesn't give them any extra chance at one here...
Tickle wasn't gonna win... Benoit can be a top 10 guy outdoors.
This would free up a space on the Red Bull KTM team in Canada for Tickle. Tickle would be the favorite for the title in Canada. Both teams have worked together in the past for Millsaps...

Benoit wont ride SX so he'd be happpy with an outdoor only ride. I don't see Red Bull KTM hiring/branding a new guy for 4 months. Benoit is already a Red Bull KTM athlete and he'd give them the same results outdoors as a Nicoletti or Stewart.
agn5009
4/23/2018 8:30pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2018 8:35pm
ML512 wrote:
Benoit or Gibbs would make me scratch my head, unless KTM wants to give either a one shot thing then send them back. Cause neither Gibbs...
berno929 wrote:
Tickle wasn't gonna win... Benoit can be a top 10 guy outdoors. This would free up a space on the Red Bull KTM team in Canada...
This would free up a space on the Red Bull KTM team in Canada for Tickle. Tickle would be the favorite for the title in Canada. Both teams have worked together in the past for Millsaps...

Benoit wont ride SX so he'd be happpy with an outdoor only ride. I don't see Red Bull KTM hiring/branding a new guy for 4 months. Benoit is already a Red Bull KTM athlete and he'd give them the same results outdoors as a Nicoletti or Stewart.
Tickle may not be a threat to win but he's a threat to podium motos and can be a consistent top 5. That's a huge step up from Kaven, who may have one or two great motos and sneak into the top 10.

I don't see Kaven being able to run with tomac, musquin, Anderson, Webb, Barcia, peick, roczen, Brayton, Baggett, Wilson, Craig, grant, Bogle?, Osborne?, and Bloss. Tickle has proven time and time again he can.
jeffro503
4/23/2018 8:39pm
ML512 wrote:
Well I was speaking nationals only. Can't doubt the speed Benoit can carry outdoors.

KTM.....is looking to fill that spot for the outdoors right? Or is that bike sitting until SX 2019?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
4/23/2018 8:41pm
ML512 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Well I was speaking nationals only. Can't doubt the speed Benoit can carry outdoors. KTM.....is looking to fill that spot for the outdoors right? Or is...
Well I was speaking nationals only. Can't doubt the speed Benoit can carry outdoors.

KTM.....is looking to fill that spot for the outdoors right? Or is that bike sitting until SX 2019?
Definitely not sitting until SX 2019. Someone will be on that bike for Hangtown and the rest of the MX season.
jeffro503
4/23/2018 8:42pm
Helder wrote:
He wont because its Dungey rumour is $5m for for MX 2018 SX/MX 2019, $175k a win in SX, $50k a moto win and $100k for...
So you know the full contract deal between RD and KTM? Ok there bud. Haha. Laughing
jeffro503
4/23/2018 8:44pm
ML512 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Well I was speaking nationals only. Can't doubt the speed Benoit can carry outdoors. KTM.....is looking to fill that spot for the outdoors right? Or is...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Definitely not sitting until SX 2019. Someone will be on that bike for Hangtown and the rest of the MX season.
Who though? Any idea Mav?
Lightning78
4/23/2018 8:45pm
Weston on the pulp show just now mentioned Phil might get the Fill in ride Grinning
jeffro503
4/23/2018 8:46pm
ML512 wrote:
berno929 wrote:
Tickle wasn't gonna win... Benoit can be a top 10 guy outdoors. This would free up a space on the Red Bull KTM team in Canada...

agn5009 wrote:
Tickle may not be a threat to win but he's a threat to podium motos and can be a consistent top 5. That's a huge step...
Tickle may not be a threat to win but he's a threat to podium motos and can be a consistent top 5. That's a huge step up from Kaven, who may have one or two great motos and sneak into the top 10.

I don't see Kaven being able to run with tomac, musquin, Anderson, Webb, Barcia, peick, roczen, Brayton, Baggett, Wilson, Craig, grant, Bogle?, Osborne?, and Bloss. Tickle has proven time and time again he can.
Kaven may be quicker then you think. Putting him on a full factory bike , with a point to prove.....I could see him pulling off some moto's like Ferris did.
jeffro503
4/23/2018 8:48pm
Weston on the pulp show just now mentioned Phil might get the Fill in ride Grinning
Think this thread kind of morphed into who is going to be riding Tickle's bike now. Weird turn.
TymeMoto
4/23/2018 8:49pm
Is Bowers signed on with Kawi through outdoors? Total dark horse.

What about Brayton? Has JB10 signed an extension with MCR yet? I personally think he’d be crazy to leave after having the best supercross season of his career, I’m just having trouble thinking of a rider worthy of a spot at Red Bull KTM who doesn’t already have a deal for outdoors.
agn5009
4/23/2018 8:49pm
berno929 wrote:

agn5009 wrote:
Tickle may not be a threat to win but he's a threat to podium motos and can be a consistent top 5. That's a huge step...

jeffro503 wrote:
Kaven may be quicker then you think. Putting him on a full factory bike , with a point to prove.....I could see him pulling off some...
Kaven may be quicker then you think. Putting him on a full factory bike , with a point to prove.....I could see him pulling off some moto's like Ferris did.
I hope he proves me wrong. I would love to see another guy fight for podiums. I just gotta see it to believe it first. My opinion is Kaven will be a 15th place guy with an occasional great Moto finishing inside the top 10.
jeffro503
4/23/2018 8:58pm
agn5009 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
Kaven may be quicker then you think. Putting him on a full factory bike , with a point to prove.....I could see him pulling off some...
agn5009 wrote:
I hope he proves me wrong. I would love to see another guy fight for podiums. I just gotta see it to believe it first. My...
I hope he proves me wrong. I would love to see another guy fight for podiums. I just gotta see it to believe it first. My opinion is Kaven will be a 15th place guy with an occasional great Moto finishing inside the top 10.
Yeah I have no idea if and when he'll even have a shot down here for outdoors. But from what I've seen he's a solid top 5 - 10th place dude with the potential to get on the box. That guy is the real deal I think.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
4/23/2018 9:14pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2018 9:27pm
jeffro503 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Who though? Any idea Mav?
I'll admit I didn't see the Benoit thing as an option since he's our top guy up here for KTM but after thinking about it, it sort of makes sense. Tickle has a 1 year deal with KTM so if they want to honor the rest of his contract, shipping him up here and moving Benoit stateside sort of makes sense.

Here's why.

-It ups the chances of KTM grabbing another title up here just like they did with Davi.
-Red Bull signed on as a sponsor for the Canadian team this year so Benoit is already part of the Red Bull KTM family.
-They only need to fill the seat for the summer until contracts expire on October 1st. This makes Benoit a good choice as he has no interests in SX.
-Buying out another riders contract from another team isn't cheap even if they do sign him to a 2 or 3 year deal. It wouldn't make financial sense to buy out a contract when they just need to wait for the summer to pass, contracts to expire before riders are on the open market.
-In my opinion, capable of some top 10's
-Even with a pay increase he'll still be more affordable than a GP rider or one of their current 250 riders being promoted.

I originally thought it would be someone that currently doesn't ride orange but after really thinking about it (as stated above), Benoit could be a legit choice.

Edit: Personally, I'd like to see it happen as I'm a fan of his and would love to see what he can do on a full factory bike for a full MX season down South. I believe he expressed that he'd like to do a season or two down there before so this would be a great opportunity for him.
tempura
4/23/2018 9:20pm
Thought I'd just come on to say I know who it will be.. But can't tell you just incase it doesn't happen... Feel free to continue discussing it, and racking up the buzz posts on vital...lol
BS12
4/23/2018 9:26pm
BT101 just picked up KTM support for his riding tours in NZ...

I was going to suggest Todd Waters as he's in Cali at the moment, but he's all about thanking American Honda for the support.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
4/23/2018 9:31pm
tempura wrote:
Thought I'd just come on to say I know who it will be.. But can't tell you just incase it doesn't happen... Feel free to continue...
Thought I'd just come on to say I know who it will be.. But can't tell you just incase it doesn't happen... Feel free to continue discussing it, and racking up the buzz posts on vital...lol
So go ahead and say it. Just phrase it so that if it doesn't happen that it's no big deal and people won't bag on you for being wrong. I heard that...

Simple really.
js451
4/23/2018 9:47pm
For me everything points to dungey. Guyb said "a big commitment" like coming out of retirement. Everyone else is still riding.

And I think Mookie will be with JGR for outdoors and I'm pretty excited for that.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
4/23/2018 10:32pm
Christophe Pourcel

Post a reply to: Malcolm Post Race hint

The Latest