Malcolm Post Race hint

Edited Date/Time 4/25/2018 3:25pm
Just heard his post race interview, sounds like hes racing outdoors, interesting part is that its not locked in for JGR but is 100% happening.

Maybe Kawi, Yam, or KTM?

Fill in for Smartop? Actually a lot of options now
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
4/23/2018 9:54am
Smartop doesn't race outdoors.

If he's doing outdoors it'll be with JGR or on his own.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
4/23/2018 10:00am
Just heard his post race interview, sounds like hes racing outdoors, interesting part is that its not locked in for JGR but is 100% happening. Maybe...
Just heard his post race interview, sounds like hes racing outdoors, interesting part is that its not locked in for JGR but is 100% happening.

Maybe Kawi, Yam, or KTM?

Fill in for Smartop? Actually a lot of options now
Kawi will have Grant back by then.

Bullfrog Spas/Smartop MCR doesn't race outdoors...

Webb won't be out very long, Yamaha unlikely.

Bogle hasn't been cleared to ride yet, so maybe with JGR but they also could use Phil Nicoletti...

4/23/2018 10:08am
JGR is bringing up an amateur on the 250, Phil will take the 450 if KTM does not call him. I think JGR is not an option for Mookie
Nesc39
4/23/2018 10:12am
I’ll bet anything he isn’t there. Of course he LOVES outdoors but just can’t find a ride every year. Some tragic reason will prevent him last minute.
Take into consideration he complains every week that sx races are too long but he cant wait to ride 2 35min motos in 90 degrees.

The Shop

4/23/2018 10:26am
Nesc39 wrote:
I’ll bet anything he isn’t there. Of course he LOVES outdoors but just can’t find a ride every year. Some tragic reason will prevent him last...
I’ll bet anything he isn’t there. Of course he LOVES outdoors but just can’t find a ride every year. Some tragic reason will prevent him last minute.
Take into consideration he complains every week that sx races are too long but he cant wait to ride 2 35min motos in 90 degrees.
Its not a fitness issue, its the fact they are doing 27 laps on a depleted track with supercross settings. Imagine being at the end of a 30+2 at hangtown with stiff suspension, its just not safe
jeffro503
4/23/2018 10:33am
You would think that KTM may be interested? They have a permanent open spot there right now. That position is open until they find another rider I would think. Either way.....sure would like to see Malcolm back out there again. Results have gotten better , and he would get some TV coverage.
jeffro503
4/23/2018 10:33am
Side note : I'd like to see him stick with JGR though......
Lightning78
4/23/2018 10:35am
Nesc39 wrote:
I’ll bet anything he isn’t there. Of course he LOVES outdoors but just can’t find a ride every year. Some tragic reason will prevent him last...
Its not a fitness issue, its the fact they are doing 27 laps on a depleted track with supercross settings. Imagine being at the end of...
Its not a fitness issue, its the fact they are doing 27 laps on a depleted track with supercross settings. Imagine being at the end of a 30+2 at hangtown with stiff suspension, its just not safe
I dont understand your comment ..... not being a dick i really dont understand what you mean
tprice07
4/23/2018 10:41am
jeffro503 wrote:
You would think that KTM may be interested? They have a permanent open spot there right now. That position is open until they find another rider...
You would think that KTM may be interested? They have a permanent open spot there right now. That position is open until they find another rider I would think. Either way.....sure would like to see Malcolm back out there again. Results have gotten better , and he would get some TV coverage.
Roger wants someone who works hard and can finish. I'm a huge fan of Malcolm, but I don't think people see him as a hard worker.

That said, how amazing would it be to see Malcolm jump on board and train with Aldon. I'm curious what he could do with Malcolm.

Husky has Zach and Anderson for 450s next year, right? Where does that leave Dean Wilson? Could he jump back over to KTM?
4/23/2018 10:57am
Nesc39 wrote:
Its not a fitness issue, its the fact they are doing 27 laps on a depleted track with supercross settings. Imagine being at the end of...
I dont understand your comment ..... not being a dick i really dont understand what you mean
I feel like that setting up a supercross bike for 27 laps on a track that will turn into an outdoor track because it cannot with stand the beating is dangerous that's really it, hes not complaining about being tired its the fact that 2 riders do the entire the track by the end of the event, so I said imagine navigating that with SX suspension setup for a track that should stay together and remain safe, for the outdoors we more or less know what happens to the track and it doesn't reach a point where people stop making the obstacles unless it pours, that being said I hope Malcolm ends up on a kawi, something about the stewart style gels with that bike
coastie44
4/23/2018 10:59am
I feel like that setting up a supercross bike for 27 laps on a track that will turn into an outdoor track because it cannot with...
I feel like that setting up a supercross bike for 27 laps on a track that will turn into an outdoor track because it cannot with stand the beating is dangerous that's really it, hes not complaining about being tired its the fact that 2 riders do the entire the track by the end of the event, so I said imagine navigating that with SX suspension setup for a track that should stay together and remain safe, for the outdoors we more or less know what happens to the track and it doesn't reach a point where people stop making the obstacles unless it pours, that being said I hope Malcolm ends up on a kawi, something about the stewart style gels with that bike
What???
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/23/2018 11:05am
JGR is bringing up an amateur on the 250, Phil will take the 450 if KTM does not call him. I think JGR is not an...
JGR is bringing up an amateur on the 250, Phil will take the 450 if KTM does not call him. I think JGR is not an option for Mookie
Depends on what happens with Bogle.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/23/2018 11:07am
tprice07 wrote:
Roger wants someone who works hard and can finish. I'm a huge fan of Malcolm, but I don't think people see him as a hard worker...
Roger wants someone who works hard and can finish. I'm a huge fan of Malcolm, but I don't think people see him as a hard worker.

That said, how amazing would it be to see Malcolm jump on board and train with Aldon. I'm curious what he could do with Malcolm.

Husky has Zach and Anderson for 450s next year, right? Where does that leave Dean Wilson? Could he jump back over to KTM?
I heard a rumor of a fill-in. There's a long way to go yet, but it'd be a surprise to everyone...and a big commitment for the rider.

No, it's not James. Just stop.
agn5009
4/23/2018 11:15am Edited Date/Time 4/23/2018 11:16am
tprice07 wrote:
Roger wants someone who works hard and can finish. I'm a huge fan of Malcolm, but I don't think people see him as a hard worker...

GuyB wrote:
I heard a rumor of a fill-in. There's a long way to go yet, but it'd be a surprise to everyone...and a big commitment for the...
I heard a rumor of a fill-in. There's a long way to go yet, but it'd be a surprise to everyone...and a big commitment for the rider.

Could it be someone from the GP's?? Also, it's a damn shame Tickle most likely won't be out there.
JMR1976
4/23/2018 11:16am
JS7 in for outdoors is what i will take from this thread.
4/23/2018 11:20am
tprice07 wrote:

GuyB wrote:
I heard a rumor of a fill-in. There's a long way to go yet, but it'd be a surprise to everyone...and a big commitment for the...

agn5009 wrote:
Could it be someone from the GP's?? Also, it's a damn shame Tickle most likely won't be out there.
why do people say this and cant type a name? its like your whole vital creditability is on the line, who cares
Villo2fan
4/23/2018 11:20am
I feel like that setting up a supercross bike for 27 laps on a track that will turn into an outdoor track because it cannot with...
Everyone has to ride the same track. If he can’t ride The track better than the other guys then he will lose. Sounds like racing to me.
agn5009
4/23/2018 11:22am
GuyB wrote:

agn5009 wrote:
why do people say this and cant type a name? its like your whole vital creditability is on the line, who cares
I don't know why you're quoting me. I obviously have no idea who the fill in rider might be.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/23/2018 11:25am
Because it's far from a done deal.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
4/23/2018 11:28am
GuyB wrote:

To me that sounds like someone like Canard.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/23/2018 11:29am
Nope.
agn5009
4/23/2018 11:31am
GuyB wrote:

Or Glenn Coldenhoff. That would be sweet. (Pipe dream, I know Tongue )
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/23/2018 11:51am
Nope.
tprice07
4/23/2018 11:53am
GuyB wrote:

Malcolm? Phill?

And everyone has accepted that James is done, right?
mb60
4/23/2018 12:01pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2018 12:02pm
GuyB wrote:
Nope.
No doubt J Law to Red Bull Ktm. ?
KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
4/23/2018 12:29pm
GuyB wrote:

OK - since you are saying no you obviously (!) know, let's let the braintrust at Vital figure it out?
Assuming it's an active rider, is it US or Europe based?
SKlein
4/23/2018 12:33pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2018 12:33pm
GuyB wrote:
Nope.
Mcelrath, or Covington?
tek14
4/23/2018 12:39pm
Mookie will team with Baker factory and break Js7 records. You heard it first here.
If you havent notice Mookie been last weeks just pace of front guys even final results doenst show it.

There are many MXGP riders that could do outdoors only fill in if they have Webb for next year.

After boring SX would be great to hear new things for outdoors soon.
gt80rider
4/23/2018 12:57pm
JMR1976 wrote:
JS7 in for outdoors is what i will take from this thread.
Lol.. thanks, spit out some red bull on that one

Post a reply to: Malcolm Post Race hint

The Latest