Malcolm Post Race hint

Related:
Create New Tag

4/23/2018 9:52 AM

Just heard his post race interview, sounds like hes racing outdoors, interesting part is that its not locked in for JGR but is 100% happening.

Maybe Kawi, Yam, or KTM?

Fill in for Smartop? Actually a lot of options now

|

Justin Cooper is the future.

4/23/2018 9:54 AM

Smartop doesn't race outdoors.

If he's doing outdoors it'll be with JGR or on his own.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

4/23/2018 10:00 AM

NYmotocross wrote:

Just heard his post race interview, sounds like hes racing outdoors, interesting part is that its not locked in for JGR but is 100% happening.

Maybe Kawi, Yam, or KTM?

Fill in for Smartop? Actually a lot of options now

Kawi will have Grant back by then.

Bullfrog Spas/Smartop MCR doesn't race outdoors...

Webb won't be out very long, Yamaha unlikely.

Bogle hasn't been cleared to ride yet, so maybe with JGR but they also could use Phil Nicoletti...

|

4/23/2018 10:08 AM

JGR is bringing up an amateur on the 250, Phil will take the 450 if KTM does not call him. I think JGR is not an option for Mookie

|

4/23/2018 10:12 AM

I’ll bet anything he isn’t there. Of course he LOVES outdoors but just can’t find a ride every year. Some tragic reason will prevent him last minute.
Take into consideration he complains every week that sx races are too long but he cant wait to ride 2 35min motos in 90 degrees.

|

4/23/2018 10:26 AM

Nesc39 wrote:

I’ll bet anything he isn’t there. Of course he LOVES outdoors but just can’t find a ride every year. Some tragic reason will prevent him last minute.
Take into consideration he complains every week that sx races are too long but he cant wait to ride 2 35min motos in 90 degrees.

Its not a fitness issue, its the fact they are doing 27 laps on a depleted track with supercross settings. Imagine being at the end of a 30+2 at hangtown with stiff suspension, its just not safe

|

4/23/2018 10:33 AM

You would think that KTM may be interested? They have a permanent open spot there right now. That position is open until they find another rider I would think. Either way.....sure would like to see Malcolm back out there again. Results have gotten better , and he would get some TV coverage.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

4/23/2018 10:33 AM

Side note : I'd like to see him stick with JGR though......

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

4/23/2018 10:35 AM

Nesc39 wrote:

NYmotocross wrote:

Its not a fitness issue, its the fact they are doing 27 laps on a depleted track with supercross settings. Imagine being at the end of a 30+2 at hangtown with stiff suspension, its just not safe

I dont understand your comment ..... not being a dick i really dont understand what you mean

|

4/23/2018 10:41 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

You would think that KTM may be interested? They have a permanent open spot there right now. That position is open until they find another rider I would think. Either way.....sure would like to see Malcolm back out there again. Results have gotten better , and he would get some TV coverage.

Roger wants someone who works hard and can finish. I'm a huge fan of Malcolm, but I don't think people see him as a hard worker.

That said, how amazing would it be to see Malcolm jump on board and train with Aldon. I'm curious what he could do with Malcolm.

Husky has Zach and Anderson for 450s next year, right? Where does that leave Dean Wilson? Could he jump back over to KTM?

|

4/23/2018 10:57 AM

Nesc39 wrote:

NYmotocross wrote:

Lightning78 wrote:

I dont understand your comment ..... not being a dick i really dont understand what you mean

I feel like that setting up a supercross bike for 27 laps on a track that will turn into an outdoor track because it cannot with stand the beating is dangerous that's really it, hes not complaining about being tired its the fact that 2 riders do the entire the track by the end of the event, so I said imagine navigating that with SX suspension setup for a track that should stay together and remain safe, for the outdoors we more or less know what happens to the track and it doesn't reach a point where people stop making the obstacles unless it pours, that being said I hope Malcolm ends up on a kawi, something about the stewart style gels with that bike

|

4/23/2018 10:59 AM

NYmotocross wrote:

Lightning78 wrote:

NYmotocross wrote:

I feel like that setting up a supercross bike for 27 laps on a track that will turn into an outdoor track because it cannot with stand the beating is dangerous that's really it, hes not complaining about being tired its the fact that 2 riders do the entire the track by the end of the event, so I said imagine navigating that with SX suspension setup for a track that should stay together and remain safe, for the outdoors we more or less know what happens to the track and it doesn't reach a point where people stop making the obstacles unless it pours, that being said I hope Malcolm ends up on a kawi, something about the stewart style gels with that bike

What???

|

4/23/2018 11:05 AM

NYmotocross wrote:

JGR is bringing up an amateur on the 250, Phil will take the 450 if KTM does not call him. I think JGR is not an option for Mookie

Depends on what happens with Bogle.

|

4/23/2018 11:07 AM

tprice07 wrote:

Roger wants someone who works hard and can finish. I'm a huge fan of Malcolm, but I don't think people see him as a hard worker.

That said, how amazing would it be to see Malcolm jump on board and train with Aldon. I'm curious what he could do with Malcolm.

Husky has Zach and Anderson for 450s next year, right? Where does that leave Dean Wilson? Could he jump back over to KTM?

I heard a rumor of a fill-in. There's a long way to go yet, but it'd be a surprise to everyone...and a big commitment for the rider.

No, it's not James. Just stop.

|

4/23/2018 11:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/23/2018 11:16 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

tprice07 wrote:

GuyB wrote:

I heard a rumor of a fill-in. There's a long way to go yet, but it'd be a surprise to everyone...and a big commitment for the rider.

Could it be someone from the GP's?? Also, it's a damn shame Tickle most likely won't be out there.

|

4/23/2018 11:16 AM

JS7 in for outdoors is what i will take from this thread.

|

4/23/2018 11:20 AM

tprice07 wrote:

GuyB wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

Could it be someone from the GP's?? Also, it's a damn shame Tickle most likely won't be out there.

why do people say this and cant type a name? its like your whole vital creditability is on the line, who cares

|

4/23/2018 11:20 AM

NYmotocross wrote:

Lightning78 wrote:

NYmotocross wrote:

Everyone has to ride the same track. If he can’t ride The track better than the other guys then he will lose. Sounds like racing to me.

|

4/23/2018 11:22 AM

GuyB wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

NYmotocross wrote:

why do people say this and cant type a name? its like your whole vital creditability is on the line, who cares

I don't know why you're quoting me. I obviously have no idea who the fill in rider might be.

|

4/23/2018 11:25 AM

NYmotocross wrote:

Because it's far from a done deal.

|

4/23/2018 11:28 AM

GuyB wrote:

To me that sounds like someone like Canard.

|

4/23/2018 11:29 AM

devindavisphoto wrote:

Nope.

|

4/23/2018 11:31 AM

tprice07 wrote:

GuyB wrote:

devindavisphoto wrote:

Or Glenn Coldenhoff. That would be sweet. (Pipe dream, I know tongue )

|

4/23/2018 11:51 AM

Nope.

|

4/23/2018 11:53 AM

GuyB wrote:

Malcolm? Phill?

And everyone has accepted that James is done, right?

|

4/23/2018 11:57 AM

Dungey

|

4/23/2018 12:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/23/2018 12:02 PM

GuyB wrote:

Nope.

No doubt J Law to Red Bull Ktm. ?

|

4/23/2018 12:29 PM

GuyB wrote:

OK - since you are saying no you obviously (!) know, let's let the braintrust at Vital figure it out?
Assuming it's an active rider, is it US or Europe based?

|

4/23/2018 12:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/23/2018 12:33 PM

GuyB wrote:

Nope.

Mcelrath, or Covington?

|

Might order a pizza, take a nap, doesn't really matter.

4/23/2018 12:39 PM

Mookie will team with Baker factory and break Js7 records. You heard it first here.
If you havent notice Mookie been last weeks just pace of front guys even final results doenst show it.

There are many MXGP riders that could do outdoors only fill in if they have Webb for next year.

After boring SX would be great to hear new things for outdoors soon.

|