Malcolm?

qwkdiesel87
11/4/2017 3:43am
Alot of people in here saying Malcolm needs to put in the effort on his own and race...............Hmmmm Im guessing everyone forgot what Malcolm did last year? He did it for an entire sx season.
philG
11/4/2017 4:32am
mingham97 wrote:
lets boycott seven mx gear until we get some answers LaughingLaughing
no shortage of people doing that ..
flatout111
11/4/2017 4:55am Edited Date/Time 11/4/2017 4:57am
Malcolm forked out a lot of dough to go racing nearly all rounds last year. That should show teams he wants to be there but enough is enough when it comes out of your own pocket.

There are several riders with factory or factory supported rides that I just don't get why you would choose over a talent like Malcolm. Bloss? Even a soon to be retiring and oft injured Milsaps? ( Now hurt).

Malcolm needs to be in better shape for sure but his talent, his potential and his marketability is off the charts better than any of those 2. In my opinion.

But Malcolm needs to forget James...as much as I hate to say it...get in shape and ride outdoors as well if can get any support.
flatout111
11/4/2017 5:47am
Unfortunately, 2 of the 6 bike's on track are influenced by Roger, who I love, but it's well known he won't hire a Stewart. He says he's ok with Malcolm but who knows. The baggage, I guess.

So right off the bat your scope is narrowed. Plus too many people out of favor with James Jr. and Sr. Really seems to hurt Malcolm.

The Shop

js451
11/4/2017 8:46am
There's around 5 riders (450) that I don't understand how they have a job over Malcolm. I understand that some ppl may not like james sr but someone really needs to help Malcolm out, he needs to be managed.
DYE
11/4/2017 9:53am
To the people saying he deserves a ride over people because he went racing last year with litttle support. Here’s my view on that....yeah he showed up, but that’s about it. He skipped the outdoors to prepare for sx and was obviously out of shape still. That’s not how you land a ride. I like Malcom, he’s talented for sure and I wish he had a ride. But to say he’s been putting in the effort? Come on now.
flatout111
11/4/2017 10:09am
If I was a team I would put it in contract that he meets specified training regimen and does both Supercross and Outdoors. If he agrees to that I would give him jobs over the likes of Bloss, Milsaps, Grant and Friese...which would be SX only with MCR.

Again, the contract would depend upon him being with a specified trainer and doing both series. If he did that, you would get more value all around in results plus marketability wise than any of those riders I mentioned. I think.
tek14
11/4/2017 10:15am
How about KTM/Husky ride and Aldon Baker training pack included. Is it fitness or mental stamina Aldon will fix it and best bike no excuses.
DYE
11/4/2017 10:17am
flatout111 wrote:
If I was a team I would put it in contract that he meets specified training regimen and does both Supercross and Outdoors. If he agrees...
If I was a team I would put it in contract that he meets specified training regimen and does both Supercross and Outdoors. If he agrees to that I would give him jobs over the likes of Bloss, Milsaps, Grant and Friese...which would be SX only with MCR.

Again, the contract would depend upon him being with a specified trainer and doing both series. If he did that, you would get more value all around in results plus marketability wise than any of those riders I mentioned. I think.
Now that I can agree with. He does have a lot of marketability and talent. Putting in those requirements would get you the value a teams looking for imo
flatout111
11/4/2017 10:17am
Michael, did you say that he turned down an offer to ride factory Yamaha at MEC? Or was that you? And if so, what the? James, ok, whatever...but why does Malcolm keep turning rides down? MCR, SR ride, possible MEC ride?
philG
11/4/2017 10:23am
js451 wrote:
There's around 5 riders (450) that I don't understand how they have a job over Malcolm. I understand that some ppl may not like james sr...
There's around 5 riders (450) that I don't understand how they have a job over Malcolm. I understand that some ppl may not like james sr but someone really needs to help Malcolm out, he needs to be managed.
There is more to a rider than what we get to see.. who would you give the flick off current teams... nobody off KTM , nobody at Husky, no-one at Kawi.. or Yam , or Suzuki.that leaves MCR... they tried and failed .

I would not hire him over anyone currently racing , while guys like Weimer, and and Grant are still racing, they are by far a better bet, far less baggage and grief.
Johnny Depp
11/4/2017 10:24am
Feld doesn't have a clue if they miss this elephant in the room. Stewarts fill seats and raise click counts. So do 2 strokes and e bikes.

Those saying he MUST ride outdoors are entitled to their opinion, we can agree to disagree there.
Flatliner
11/4/2017 10:34am
flatout111 wrote:
Malcolm forked out a lot of dough to go racing nearly all rounds last year. That should show teams he wants to be there but enough...
Malcolm forked out a lot of dough to go racing nearly all rounds last year. That should show teams he wants to be there but enough is enough when it comes out of your own pocket.

There are several riders with factory or factory supported rides that I just don't get why you would choose over a talent like Malcolm. Bloss? Even a soon to be retiring and oft injured Milsaps? ( Now hurt).

Malcolm needs to be in better shape for sure but his talent, his potential and his marketability is off the charts better than any of those 2. In my opinion.

But Malcolm needs to forget James...as much as I hate to say it...get in shape and ride outdoors as well if can get any support.
He paid out of his pocket, with help, and factory suspension on his bike.... and he had about 8 laps in him before he dropped anchor. It's not like every team manager didn't see that. Being in shape has nothing to do with having a factory ride. Its just a matter of getting off your ass, and maybe not just fishing all summer when your 25-26 years old.

This year, he had MCR interested in him, and they couldn't be bothered to return a phone call. MCR puts a good bike on the track....... enough said?

Dean wilson has more sx wins than him, and a national title. He rode a yamaha out of a van....... a matter of perspective.
DYE
11/4/2017 10:50am
Feld doesn't have a clue if they miss this elephant in the room. Stewarts fill seats and raise click counts. So do 2 strokes and e...
Feld doesn't have a clue if they miss this elephant in the room. Stewarts fill seats and raise click counts. So do 2 strokes and e bikes.

Those saying he MUST ride outdoors are entitled to their opinion, we can agree to disagree there.
What does Feld have to do with a team hiring Malcom? I’m not trying to argue, but please explain...Also if I were a team owner I would give him the option to do outdoors and if he didn’t want to then I wouldn’t pay as much, simple as that. You can’t do half the work you are paid to do and expect a full paycheck. The team would actually benefit from this as there is more exposure in sx and you could justify not paying him as much.
motokiwi
Fantasy
235th
11/4/2017 10:51am
tek14 wrote:
How about KTM/Husky ride and Aldon Baker training pack included. Is it fitness or mental stamina Aldon will fix it and best bike no excuses.
Malcolm wouldn't last 1 minute at the Baker factory. He doesnt want it enough. Marvin Musquin wants it 11/10, Broc Tickle wants it 9.99/10 Mookie wants it about 3/10.
mauidex
11/4/2017 10:55am
Flatliner wrote:
He paid out of his pocket, with help, and factory suspension on his bike.... and he had about 8 laps in him before he dropped anchor...
He paid out of his pocket, with help, and factory suspension on his bike.... and he had about 8 laps in him before he dropped anchor. It's not like every team manager didn't see that. Being in shape has nothing to do with having a factory ride. Its just a matter of getting off your ass, and maybe not just fishing all summer when your 25-26 years old.

This year, he had MCR interested in him, and they couldn't be bothered to return a phone call. MCR puts a good bike on the track....... enough said?

Dean wilson has more sx wins than him, and a national title. He rode a yamaha out of a van....... a matter of perspective.
exactly..............guess no one on the malcolm train read Genovas Q & A thread?!??!?! factory honda support...........dont get much better.........and not to even give the guy professional courtesy to make a call.......for all of you questioning why he is not racing the answer is right here..........he doesn't want toWoohooWoohoo
js451
11/4/2017 11:02am
js451 wrote:
There's around 5 riders (450) that I don't understand how they have a job over Malcolm. I understand that some ppl may not like james sr...
philG wrote:
There is more to a rider than what we get to see.. who would you give the flick off current teams... nobody off KTM , nobody...
There is more to a rider than what we get to see.. who would you give the flick off current teams... nobody off KTM , nobody at Husky, no-one at Kawi.. or Yam , or Suzuki.that leaves MCR... they tried and failed .

I would not hire him over anyone currently racing , while guys like Weimer, and and Grant are still racing, they are by far a better bet, far less baggage and grief.
Malcolm rode a suzuki(arguably the worst bike) he got for free from a dealer friend with a yoshi motor put in by his mate mechanic and some suspension with next to zero test time. He left Geico as they were not running a 450 team and he wanted to be ready the second the phone rang to get started. Its not like he didnt ride, he rode europe sx races beating brayton and barcia consistently and finishing runner up to musquin.

I would genuinely take malcolm over Bloss, Freise, Millsaps, Barcia, Bogle, Peick, Nicoletti, Craig and Grant.
js451
11/4/2017 11:06am
He definitely should of taken MCR but its obvious him and James had something lined up and it fell through. Another bad decision, he needs a manager
mxb2
11/4/2017 11:12am
js451 wrote:
philG wrote:
There is more to a rider than what we get to see.. who would you give the flick off current teams... nobody off KTM , nobody...

js451 wrote:
Malcolm rode a suzuki(arguably the worst bike) he got for free from a dealer friend with a yoshi motor put in by his mate mechanic and...
Malcolm rode a suzuki(arguably the worst bike) he got for free from a dealer friend with a yoshi motor put in by his mate mechanic and some suspension with next to zero test time. He left Geico as they were not running a 450 team and he wanted to be ready the second the phone rang to get started. Its not like he didnt ride, he rode europe sx races beating brayton and barcia consistently and finishing runner up to musquin.

I would genuinely take malcolm over Bloss, Freise, Millsaps, Barcia, Bogle, Peick, Nicoletti, Craig and Grant.
Kroc won a title on that shitty rmz.
js451
11/4/2017 11:18am
mxb2 wrote:
On a 2017? Highest suzuki was Tickle in 11th overall.
mxb2
11/4/2017 11:22am
mxb2 wrote:
js451 wrote:
The bikes not holding malcom back. Put Marvin on that Suzuki. Top 3 and wins races.
plowboy
11/4/2017 11:40am
I like the Stewart's...there, that's out of the way. Truthfully, if either brother wanted to race they would be on the line. That's the simple truth of it fellas. If you want big buck contracts and full factory support....you gotta be on it. Hope they decide to stay in the sport but if not....good luck to them. But it really is time to shit or get off the pot.
js451
11/4/2017 11:53am
Here watch this, In this 15 lap main event he beats webb, a-mart, osborne,plessinger ,hill , nelson, mcelwrath, bowers. I think hes not that strong mentally in races but under the right setup he could really thrive.
Johnny Depp
11/4/2017 12:17pm
Feld doesn't have a clue if they miss this elephant in the room. Stewarts fill seats and raise click counts. So do 2 strokes and e...

DYE wrote:
What does Feld have to do with a team hiring Malcom? I’m not trying to argue, but please explain...Also if I were a team owner I...
What does Feld have to do with a team hiring Malcom? I’m not trying to argue, but please explain...Also if I were a team owner I would give him the option to do outdoors and if he didn’t want to then I wouldn’t pay as much, simple as that. You can’t do half the work you are paid to do and expect a full paycheck. The team would actually benefit from this as there is more exposure in sx and you could justify not paying him as much.
Feld is a promoter. Rider's are not much different than elephants and lions. If people come to your show to see elephants, and you take them out of the show, then the show dies. (Just as the Ringling Bros. Circus owned by Feld did).

You can argue that Feld doesn't hire the rider's, the teams do. Maybe the major stakeholder's in this BUSINESS have no influence over each other, perhaps they should think about cooperating for the good of the bottom line.

flatout111
11/4/2017 12:18pm
I wonder why so many false starts for the Stewart's. Its like they seem to have major sponsorship to go racing several times but it always pulled out from under them.
11/4/2017 12:22pm
js451 wrote:
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxygPhE2Jtc]Here watch this[/url], In this 15 lap main event he beats webb, a-mart, osborne,plessinger ,hill , nelson, mcelwrath, bowers. I think hes not that strong mentally...
Here watch this, In this 15 lap main event he beats webb, a-mart, osborne,plessinger ,hill , nelson, mcelwrath, bowers. I think hes not that strong mentally in races but under the right setup he could really thrive.
You can also go back and watch nearly any race from 2017 and see where he clearly isn't in race shape and isn't able to do the whole 20 minutes. He was able to get away with it in the 250 class but even at races like Daytona 2016 it was apparent his fitness wasn't where it needed to be.

Malcolm has no one but himself to blame for not having a job, in my opinion not racing outdoors the past few years have hurt him. If you're a team manager why would you sign someone who is willingly not going to be there for half the year? As far as I'm concerned any privateer who decided to contest the nationals on their own dime deserves a ride over Malcolm, it might sound a little harsh but it's obvious Malcolm isn't willing to put in the effort.
mxb2
11/4/2017 12:25pm
mxb2 wrote:
js451 wrote:
Did you see Bogle win on the rmz?
Shawn142
11/4/2017 12:55pm
flatout111 wrote:
If I was a team I would put it in contract that he meets specified training regimen and does both Supercross and Outdoors. If he agrees...

DYE wrote:
Now that I can agree with. He does have a lot of marketability and talent. Putting in those requirements would get you the value a teams...
Now that I can agree with. He does have a lot of marketability and talent. Putting in those requirements would get you the value a teams looking for imo
People seem to forget that just a few weeks ago Genova admitted they went after Mookie in the off-season and he turned them down.

I wasn't amazed by his 450 results. He had an entire outdoor national and off-season to pull something together. When it didn't materialize he should be commended for pulling his own program together but he was obviously not ready to race. That's not a good thing when you've had upwards of 7 months to prep no matter what bike you might end up riding.
DYE
11/4/2017 1:34pm Edited Date/Time 11/4/2017 1:36pm

DYE wrote:
What does Feld have to do with a team hiring Malcom? I’m not trying to argue, but please explain...Also if I were a team owner I...
Feld is a promoter. Rider's are not much different than elephants and lions. If people come to your show to see elephants, and you take them...
Feld is a promoter. Rider's are not much different than elephants and lions. If people come to your show to see elephants, and you take them out of the show, then the show dies. (Just as the Ringling Bros. Circus owned by Feld did).

You can argue that Feld doesn't hire the rider's, the teams do. Maybe the major stakeholder's in this BUSINESS have no influence over each other, perhaps they should think about cooperating for the good of the bottom line.

Lol dude I’ve read a lot of the stuff you’ve posted. Some I agree with, some not, but this takes the cake...”riders are not much different than elephants and lions”... lmao. What would be your plan if you were Feld? Order teams to allow Malcom on their team so he can be in the “show”. People have a choice, elephants do not...
11/4/2017 2:10pm
Mookie has a great personality incredible skills. James the same. Trust me teams are sick of the bullshit that comes not with James and Mookie but the entourage. For them to get any ride they need to ditch the nut huggers number 1 on the list is big James, and listen and JUST work with the team. The teams don’t think it’s worth the investment anymore. James will still want a seven figure salary and i bet any money he’s around a 8-12 on any night. Mookie has more to offer in results than James. Teams are wanting results more than anything these days. With KTM ruling the roost all the Japanese want is to beat them. Insta posts do nothing for the competitive minds of the Japanese.

Post a reply to: Malcolm?

The Latest