Makeup 2 Mud rant

akillerwombat
1/22/2019 9:51am Edited Date/Time 1/22/2019 9:56am
Tarz483 wrote:
I Dont think there is anything wrong with it personally But for arguments sake , what do you think the desired outcome from it is...
I Dont think there is anything wrong with it personally
But for arguments sake , what do you think the desired outcome from it is ?
To get more females to participate in riding ?
To get more females to watch the show?
Do you guys think it will accomplish those goals?
Assuming those are the goals.
I can't speak on behalf of Toyota intensions, everyone here, or all of the women watching "Makeup to Mud" but you have to assume that the goal of the segment is to both get more women into riding and to get them to watch more of the show. Good message + good constructions = more interest from potential customers.

Based off my own experience my fiance enjoys the segment, some more than others (she loved the teacher segment), and it did peak my nieces interest in bikes. She doesn't give a shit about the racing but after the segment she wanted to go sit on my bike... so there's that.

I'd be curious to see the creatives behind the project.
akillerwombat
1/22/2019 9:54am Edited Date/Time 1/22/2019 9:56am
newmann wrote:
That’s some deep shit right there.

Weak, but deep.
It's a perfect analogy...

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
neverwas
Fantasy
784th
1/22/2019 10:13am
The wife likes the segment,I don't care either way. I usually go grab a beer or food during commercials or other non racing segments.
fanger
1/22/2019 11:01am
I don’t enjoy the segment. But if my daughter sees it and thinks to herself I can do this, it’s fine it’s job. That’s the purpose I suppose.

The Shop

1/22/2019 1:29pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2019 1:29pm
Most woman I know really like the segments - since woman are from venus and men are from mars - I can't begin to understand what/why woman like stuff.

But I think those involved realized that you have to win womans hearts to get them to be invested or engaged.
I think that happens with stories - woman relate to people and stories men relate to things and stuff....

So you see that in these segments - this year it's been a clear shift away from just one female rider to a concept of woman interacting with other woman in groups.

I'd have to think if I were a woman - and werent sure about riding but had interest - seeing that more than one woman might ride at the same location in a group setting while hanging out and having fun with one another sounds a lot more appealing than going to a track by yourself surrounded by men who yell at you and tell you you suck or are in their way or ask you want to bang (masked by whats your name, cool bike, wanna hang)

I don't think ANY man in our sport on this forum cares much about anything but the racing. So with that perspective...let's just assume these huge multi million dollar entities - toyota and feld - actually know a lot more about non core fans than we do.

VetMX.com
1/22/2019 5:33pm
OK, so it is still 80% lose it and almost 20% to keep it, since day 1.

Looks like "Toxic Masculinity" wins.

FTR, I am married with a daughter, so not a sexist or misogynist. I think some of the ideas given on this thread were pretty good (125 race especially) but the male bashing Marxist mentality needs to cease and as men, we should say enough.

The numbers are in so hopefully Toyota is watching and let's stick to the racing, not the "message".
Wiff3
1/22/2019 6:05pm
I guess I don't understand what is wrong with them showing women learning and enjoying the sport. There are a thousand other things they could be doing, but they are doing what we all like to do, and they're getting a little spotlight for doing it. I don't see it being a bad thing.

Post a reply to: Makeup 2 Mud rant

The Latest