#MakeUp2Mud

kaptkaos
2/24/2019 3:40pm
Well at least now youre communicating as a normal person and not a vitard so progress has been made.

Youre much easier to listen to when you use grown up words so thank you for that.

My work is here is done.

Peace.
kaptkaos
2/25/2019 6:48am
Sucks you had to resort to being a vitard again...didnt last long.

The OP represented his opinion and his experience with his daughter. I represented my opinion and my experience with "THREE" women and my experience in over 50 years on this planet, 30 shared with the same woman.

Now, you tell me what you bring to the table other than being rude. Sounds like you are the peanut gallery. Someone who likes telling women what they should be doing because its what us men do.

Maybe, just maybe most women do not want to ride dirt bikes because they are different than us dudes, and maybe, just maybe most women are okay with it. They have other interests and motivations and they know they have the freedom and ability to whatever they choose and dont feel they have to prove themselves equal on a dirt bike. Not that there is anything wrong with it, its just a fact, MOST women dont want to ride dirt bikes and trying to grow that market with a fluff piece is just another checkbox for Toyota to check off their good deeds list. Look at it this way, more women would buy a Camry or Fusion, and the amount of women attending and watching a Nascar race is monumental compared to SX, it would make more sense to advertise there, but it probably costs 100X more than the segment on SX. When in doubt, follow the money. How many women have already tried to make the night show in SX and failed? Its just not something very likely to happen, not impossible, just not very likely. Why isnt there a WMX league on prime time TV? Not enough participation or viewer interest. Plain and simple.

kaptkaos
2/25/2019 9:26am
Never tried to paint you as anti-female, if you could kindly point out where that was written or inferred anywhere except your imagination, I would like to see it. I pointed out that that Makeup2Mud is not effective for growing the SX viewing audience, bike sales, or even encouraging women to ride. I see it for what it is, a fluff marketing piece for Toyota to spend some spare change on. I provided good examples for each statement, some of them factual personal experience and some good examples which are not proven factual but can mostly be inferred. Lets stick to the argument regarding the usefulness of Makeup2Mud to further grow the motorcycle racing segment because you have not provided any factual or viable first hand evidence to further your claims. Being a 50 year old man that has cited real world experience about living, being married 30 years to a woman and raising two college aged daughters in Florida, I will put that up against whatever you bring to the table.

I dont think you have anything to stand on so lets just stick to the topic and you tell us, why YOU believe Makeup2Mud will help grow the sport of SX and fuel bike sales. Keep in mind, this is aired on a SX Race broadcast, this is not Housewives of LA or The Bachelor. Fact is the women watching SX have already been exposed and 9/10 their partner or kids ride and these women have had plenty of opportunity to ride. Answer this, how many women do you think just stumbled on the SX race while channel surfing and stayed on long enough to watch the segment? How many women (never exposed to the sport) heard there was a race on TV or in their town via a radio, print or tv ad and actually decided to go to the race or watch it live or even DVR it?

Thats a really small demographic, I venture the number is zero.

If I had ad dollars to invest in growing the sport and wanted to somehow get women involved, I would not come up with Makeup2Mud. I would show families, friends or couples riding together outdoors and travelling and camping outdoors and riding all kinds of OHV vehicles (which all the manufactures sell). This is the entry point, the kids that want to take it tot he next level become racers. Most people start in the hills, or woods riding a mini with their Dad.

Get Keystone Raptor and Coleman Products, even Bass Pro involved to sponsor it. Toyotas pulling Toy Haulers full of toys and people riding and having fun. People meaning, men, women, friends, children couples, etc. Theres destination places like Durhamtown, Ride Blue, Florida Tracks and Trails, even some places in your neck of the woods if the activists havent closed everything down in California yet.

I see lots of women and children at these places.

So do I think Makeup2Mud belongs on the SX broadcast, hell no. Am I happy Toyota pays for the ad time and helps us get on TV, hell yeah. Do I instead wish it was a really good pit segment with Daniel Blair asking a relevant question to Chrise Blose, Tyler Bowers or Eli Tomac, or any of their crew chiefs, HELL YES.

I would even like to see mid week reports about the Factory guys training, and the Privateers struggles and how the women in their lives help them live the dream. I have seen every single Makeup2Mud segment and dont mind them at all, I just accept it for what it is, ineffective ad ploys to fulfill corporate initiatives. 2 years ago it was Wounded Warrior, which was a great cause but now they have mmoved on to Makeup2Mud, which just further proves what it is, for Toyota. I am okay with it if it helps get us on the air, wish we had many other sponsors fighting for the ad time though.

The Shop

uk125250
2/25/2019 9:29am
mxer15 wrote:
Agreed half these girls ride foo foo bikes and do the real riders a disservice
Your mentality towards other riders is so ignorant.
Hudd_421
2/25/2019 9:44am
You're both dumb because you both have taken a large amount of time and effort to try and name call and argue on the internet...
kaptkaos
2/25/2019 9:46am
Hudd_421 wrote:
You're both dumb because you both have taken a large amount of time and effort to try and name call and argue on the internet...
No argument there, Vitalmx is a trap!
kaptkaos
2/25/2019 9:52am Edited Date/Time 2/25/2019 10:04am
Yeah, I know you didnt read it.

You got nothing to bring to the table to further your points or disprove mine. Thats okay man. You have the right to believe whatever you want, and I support your right to your opinion although I would have preferred a productive exchange of opinions and ideas which is the true purpose of a "FORUM" but it seems Forums are for bashing each others opinions nowadays. I tried to coax you into a productive exchange. I hope you DVR the race and share M2Mud with everyone you know.

https://www.supercrosslive.com/toyota

Theres a form to join the movement. You should get involved because they need your passion.

Heres one I enjoyed- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lapO8mxoGFU&rel=0

Not about proving or competing against men, its about enjoying the experience as a woman.

HusqFan3
2/25/2019 4:42pm
I think it's stupid. Would much rather they show the KTM jr's race. Or have a segment on the standout youngsters to watch for. Get fans...
I think it's stupid. Would much rather they show the KTM jr's race. Or have a segment on the standout youngsters to watch for. Get fans interested in certain riders early in their career.
Tarz483 wrote:
I never really thought about before but now that you say it why wouldn't they show the Junior race or as much of it as possible...
I never really thought about before but now that you say it why wouldn't they show the Junior race or as much of it as possible it seems that would do a lot to get young kids interested imo
What, that’s crazy. And risk missing the super exciting wide angle shots of the stadium during the 10min commercial breaks? No thank you!

Btw, i couldn’t help but notice we NBC Gold subscribers still got to enjoy the long wide angle “commercial break in progress” last weekend despite the fact the race aired on tape delay...
RichieW13
Fantasy
2889th
2/25/2019 5:23pm
Tarz483 wrote:
I like everything dirt bike related and i like the Makeup2mud segments personally, but as far as growing to sport i think there are things that...
I like everything dirt bike related and i like the Makeup2mud segments personally, but as far as growing to sport i think there are things that could be more beneficial, but i wasnt thinking specifically about selling Toyotas, if i was just trying to sell Toyota trucks i would do a segment every week where i haul a couple bikes in the back of a Toyota Pickup and go to a local track in the state we are in each week and show the truck pulling in and out of the track
And have it in the background everytime they are talking etc etc.
Yeah, it doesn't seem like Toyota is getting a ton of exposure for the series. It's just "Toyota presents Makeup 2 Mud", but they don't show the ladies driving a Toyota to go ride.

Two years ago when they had the wounded vets building a truck, that was more Toyota focus.

I would think most viewers couldn't even tell you who sponsored the segment if you asked them after the broadcast ended.
JordansDad
5/21/2019 2:20pm
Let me shed some light on this topic. This entire year of M2M was based on women, riders that work with or help others. It was not intended to showcase racers in particular. I think there was a lot of confusion on this all season. The M2M is a great thing, and currently the only thing for the women in motocross right now. We need to keep this positive and hope it continues and or someone else picks it up and does something for women. The future for women in any motosport is tough if you dont already come from money, Lets all find ways to make it better, not worse. my .02c

Post a reply to: #MakeUp2Mud

The Latest