Yes to triple crown .big nooooo to the chase

|

3/3/2018 9:28 PM

Yes no

|

3/3/2018 9:30 PM

Absolutely. Triple Crown Format Rocks Ass

|

“Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood.” – John Adams, 1765

3/3/2018 9:49 PM

Oh dear God no. Did none of you see the way everyone just settled in for the last race? Ando pretty much gave up and just cruised. Last race of the night should be most exciting, not when you get out early to beat the traffic.

|

3/3/2018 9:51 PM

Why do people want the chase? So we can punish ando for being consistent and solid? Imagine if you were points leader then points reset and you got taken out and your down 25 points already...

|

3/3/2018 9:53 PM

No 3 motos is too confusing. Just use the outdoor format. 2 motos. KISS: Keep it simple, stupid.

|

3/3/2018 9:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/3/2018 10:00 PM

Photo

|

3/3/2018 9:55 PM

mx617 wrote:

Oh dear God no. Did none of you see the way everyone just settled in for the last race? Ando pretty much gave up and just ...more

I’m kinda with you. I don’t seem to get as excited with three mains. Seems like I should be pumped but it just doesn’t do it for me and I don’t know why

|

3/3/2018 9:56 PM

Triple crown format at all races so we can lose the dumb name triple crown. And definitely no to chase format, no matter what form of racing, the "chase" format is a big crock of, well ya know, the first S in the morning.

|

3/3/2018 9:59 PM

Listen to this very detailed blueprint for a "chase". Seems pretty foolproof to me. The only issue I have with his idea is: what motivation do the guys out of the top 7 have to race hard after the points reset?

|

3/3/2018 10:04 PM

mx617 wrote:

Oh dear God no. Did none of you see the way everyone just settled in for the last race? Ando pretty much gave up and just ...more

I agree.

|

3/3/2018 10:04 PM

No to the triple crown:
We get so little of this sport a week, there is absolutely no need to come into a night of racing this hard, it needs to build as the night goes on... like every other sport. Heats are exciting enough as is but chill enough for the riders (and viewers) to ease into the night before the big "main event of the night" moment. There was no real drama tonight – just that manufactured.

Yes to the chase
I will fully admit that that the triple crown was "more exciting" but it wasn't "as rewarding" as it didn't provide enough time for the true racing to develop – puts way too much emphasis on the first 300 feet of the race. Now, if you could take that excitement of this "anyone can win (but really we know the top guys will win)", stretch it out into five twenty-minute mains at the end of the season I am 100% in. Yes, there is a piece of manufactured drama, but it's not "you have 8 minutes to fix this problem" drama.
|

3/3/2018 10:13 PM

Premixed112 wrote:

And then Supercross will be perfect

3 crown kicked ass again, better racing better everything.

|

3/3/2018 10:15 PM

2 kinds of no- Hell No and Fuck No!

|

3/3/2018 10:21 PM

Rhody wrote:

Thank you for your well thought out and detailed response.

|

3/3/2018 10:23 PM

If they want multable mains in one nitght they should do 2 - 15min plus 1 mains. The tripple crown makes the last race a manage points race, it ruins the effect of the race.

|

3/3/2018 10:25 PM

mx617 wrote:

Correct. Final mains were uneventful.

|

Instagram - @MxCulture

3/3/2018 10:25 PM

Mit12 wrote:

If they want multable mains in one nitght they should do 2 - 15min plus 1 mains. The tripple crown makes the last race a ...more

I would be ok with a two moto format also

|

3/3/2018 10:31 PM

People think Osborne's extremely aggressive style is ok and it's Forkners fault for not pulling over for him? No Osborne is out of control most of the time and it caught up to him.

|

3/3/2018 10:36 PM

I don't want to watch a race, see a guy cross the finish line first, then have to grab a calculator and do math to figure out who actually won.

Outdoors gets a pass due to tradition.

|

3/3/2018 10:36 PM

Triple Crown, no turning back. It’s all about immediate attention and return on your time and money.

Chase format, I don’t follow NASCAR so I don’t know all the rules.

Lots of crazy starts, so need a bit of a runoff on the starts if they become the norm.

|

In my 60’s and still loving dirt scoots up here in the frozen north.

2021 Husky 501s

3/3/2018 10:39 PM

gnarwhip wrote:

No 3 motos is too confusing. Just use the outdoor format. 2 motos. KISS: Keep it simple, stupid.

Did you run out of fingers?

|

3/3/2018 10:40 PM

gnarwhip wrote:

People think Osborne's extremely aggressive style is ok and it's Forkners fault for not pulling over for him? No Osborne is ...more

Wrong thread brahh

|

3/3/2018 10:40 PM

Go watch arenacross or nitro circus or something.

|

3/3/2018 10:47 PM

Definitely mixes things up. Baggett brings home 16 pts (7th overall) with a 3-4-18. Not bad after crashing out on the 3rd lap of the 3rd Main.

|

3/3/2018 10:55 PM

Love the triple crown format. And god.....please NO on the chase. Screw that gimmick bullshit!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

3/3/2018 10:57 PM

gnarwhip wrote:

People think Osborne's extremely aggressive style is ok and it's Forkners fault for not pulling over for him? No Osborne is ...more

What?

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

3/3/2018 10:59 PM

Rhody wrote:

X2

|

3/3/2018 11:06 PM

Ebs wrote:

I don't want to watch a race, see a guy cross the finish line first, then have to grab a calculator and do math to figure out ...more

And it gets a pass since the overall is actually completely meaningless. Points are paid per moto, so it really doesn't matter who wins the overall so no one does the math.

The fact the racing was amazing tonight (except the last two mains) had absolutely nothing to do with the 3 main format. It was due to Craig getting out front and bunching the pack. It was due to Osborne going down early and burning through the pack. Etc.

|