Make Yamaha Blue Again

Related:
Create New Tag

5/10/2019 8:45 AM

Can we? Did the metal mulisha win the 250 west title this year?

|

5/10/2019 8:52 AM

Better yet, make Yamaha yellow and black again!

|

5/10/2019 8:55 AM

outerlimits wrote:

Better yet, make Yamaha yellow and black again!

Emigs bike in 95 would do.

|

5/10/2019 8:59 AM

They look blue to me.

Photo
Photo

Factory teams have title sponsors that have a say in the teams look. They're the one's footing a big portion of the bill.

In order for Yamaha to be blue and white again they'd have to abandon title sponsors and start footing the bill again.

Why would they want to do that? Go racing on someone else's dime or yours? Pretty easy decision if you ask me.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

5/10/2019 9:36 AM

I was kidding on that. And I get it they do what monster wants. But the black front fender and shrouds looks so bad. Yamaha used to have awesome looking bikes and now I’m not stoked.

|

5/10/2019 9:37 AM

Black Yamahas land somewhere between ex-girlfriends and Osama Bin Laden on the hate scale.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

5/10/2019 9:38 AM

All blue looks much cleaner than the black.

Photo

Photo

|

5/10/2019 9:41 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

They look blue to me.

Photo
Photo

Factory teams have title sponsors that have a say in the teams look. They're the one's footing a big portion of the bill.

In order for Yamaha to be blue and white again they'd have to abandon title sponsors and start footing the bill again.

Why would they want to do that? Go racing on someone else's dime or yours? Pretty easy decision if you ask me.

Yeah. That’s true and all but that still doesn’t make the Monster bikes any less ugly.

|

5/10/2019 9:42 AM

Yep, Monster is missing the mark here but Yamaha does what they want $$

|

5/10/2019 9:43 AM

Money for the sport is good for the sport. Make them pink and tampax can sponsor the team for all I care I guess if it keeps the sport alive.

|

5/10/2019 9:46 AM

lcgordon711 wrote:

Money for the sport is good for the sport. Make them pink and tampax can sponsor the team for all I care I guess if it keeps the sport alive.

Well I hope this never happens, but I see your point.

|

5/10/2019 9:48 AM

aeffertz wrote:

Yeah. That’s true and all but that still doesn’t make the Monster bikes any less ugly.

Lol. Got that right. Early-mid 2000's they had the cleanest looking bikes in my opinion.

I'd love nothing more than seeing clean looking factory bikes again but unfortunately I think that ship has sailed.

|

5/10/2019 9:48 AM

Photo

This was much better.
|

5/10/2019 9:50 AM

The all white doesn't look bad either but I am a yellow fan myself

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

5/10/2019 9:50 AM

lcgordon711 wrote:

devindavisphoto wrote:

Well I hope this never happens, but I see your point.

Hey man, pink isn't bad if you ask me.

Photo
Photo

|

5/10/2019 9:51 AM

What would happen if they were sponsored by Trojan condoms? How would you feel then?

Photo

|

-MAVERICK- wrote:

They look blue to me.

Photo
Photo

Ok be honest, if Yamaha wedged a 450 motor into that 250 two stroke frame and engineered it to all work, wouldn't it put them ahead of their current design??

I like both but look at those pictures, YZ250 > YZ450 in looks and ergonomics in my opinion.

|

Totally agree. Those bikes look terrible.

|

5/10/2019 9:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/10/2019 10:30 AM

By the time they’re coated in dirt and roost at the end of a moto, they sort of look like every other bike out there. It’s not that big a deal.

Besides, I’d take any factory team with sponsorship (no matter the look) vs. a team sitting on the sidelines without sponsorship.

|

5/10/2019 10:24 AM

GuyB wrote:

By the time they’re coated in dirt and roost at the end of a moto, they sort of look like every other bike out there. It’s not that big a deal.

Besides, I’d take any factory team with sponsorship (no matter the look) vs. a team sitting on the sidelines without sponsorship.

I bet they love getting “coasted” with dirt.??✊?

|

5/10/2019 10:30 AM

clemsonsc wrote:

Thanks for keeping me on my toes. smile

|

5/10/2019 10:37 AM

GuyB wrote:

clemsonsc wrote:

GuyB wrote:

Thanks for keeping me on my toes. smile

Yes sir. Lol

|

5/10/2019 11:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/10/2019 11:03 AM

Though I'm certain Monster wanted the black on the majority of the bike, what I've noticed over the years with Yamaha is that when their factory bikes do a massive color swing, the production bikes follow suit within a year or two. I hope this isn't the case this time..... Remember yellow to white? Then white with red, pink, purple, then the factory rides turned up mostly dark blue....... I see a pattern here. But, then again, I'm not very swift.....

|

5/10/2019 11:45 AM

I don't care what color they are as long as Bam Bam rocks on one outdoors!

|

5/10/2019 12:21 PM

I’m a Yamaha guy and it kills me to look at those ugly ass things. They went from having the best looking factory bikes (reed era, super clean and damn near stock looking) to a bro’d out mess with that stupid claw just stuck on the side. I don’t know of you could ever pay me enough to make my bike look like that.sick

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

5/10/2019 12:59 PM

I’ve always liked the blue. I wish they would just bring back the 09 chassis and start again from there. This backasswards fat pig idea needs to die already.

|

5/10/2019 2:19 PM

Flip109 wrote:

I’ve always liked the blue. I wish they would just bring back the 09 chassis and start again from there. This backasswards fat pig idea needs to die already.

Have you actually ridden the bike, or do you just read Vital?

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

5/10/2019 2:29 PM

Flip109 wrote:

JM485 wrote:

It only wins shoot outs

|

5/10/2019 8:41 PM

Fuck this-the white Yamahas of the 70's from Canada and Europe were the nicest Yammies of all.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

5/10/2019 8:50 PM

Flip109 wrote:

JM485 wrote:

Rode the 16 model at a ride day years back and the 19 last weekend. It’s a great bike but I can’t stand the wide feeling. To each his own. I post my personal opinion/experience with the bike. I could give a shit about lying about riding a bike on here to a bunch of people who don’t know me and vice versa. I owned an 07 450 and 250 and they were great bikes. I’m not a fan of the wide version it became. My best friend loves them. I don’t. Different strokes for different folks.

|