Make A Wish Ride with Austin Coleman & Justin Barcia

PR
8/11/2015 11:30am Edited Date/Time 8/11/2015 5:16pm
ELLENTON, Fla. (August 10, 2015) - When Feld Motor Sports® and the Autotrader/Toyota/Yamaha/JGRMX race team teamed up with Make-A-Wish to give 5-year-old supercross fan Austin Coleman his wish of riding his dirt bike with a professional racers, it was Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, racer Justin Barcia that over delivered. Click the video below to check out the day's activities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvGY55ODMkY&feature=youtu.be

Austin, diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis, loves riding dirt bikes. He began riding at age three, and even has a track in his backyard. When asked what he wanted for his wish, he had only one thing in mind, to ride with a professional rider.

Austin spent the day with Barcia, receiving a tour of the Joe Gibbs Racing Sprint Cup and supercross shops before heading out to the private JGRMX supercross test facility where he had a chance to ride with Barcia. In addition to having a day with the team, the Autotrader/Toyota/Yamaha/JGRMX team in conjunction with FLY Racing and Factory Effex outfitted Austin in custom riding gear and team graphics to round out the once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Click here for copyright-free images: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n056gfh47xqbmn6/AACCMDtYTGlkJfhT4wjsqNNka?dl…
|
8/11/2015 11:43am
Was just listening to the DMXS show with Albrecht the other day about this. Props to Make-A-Wish, Barcia, and the JGR crew for doing this, super cool!
Wildeye511
8/11/2015 12:41pm
So Awesome, great to see when the industry gets involved in things like this.....
8/11/2015 1:10pm
Really liked that, well done guys, made the little mans day. Big respect too all involved in making it happen.

The Shop

cjmx
Fantasy
1180th
8/11/2015 1:47pm
very cool!
Mini Elsinore
8/11/2015 2:03pm
I thought Barca was an unwashed bearded hobo with daggers for elbows and a deaf ear (can't hear the Rev limiter according to some). That's what I learned on Vital....

Now, I find out that he is a compassionate guy who takes time out for kids with debilitating illnesses? WTF! I suppose next we will learn that JH100 is a real hands on Dad and likes to hang around the house as opposed to strip clubs. But how can that be?----all the pussies on the board that have never met him will swear otherwise....

End times, I tell ya, end times.... Cool
h&m_cycle
8/11/2015 2:29pm

Can't see Barcia shaving or growing his hair long, you have to stay with a streak... That's "nice", riders take the time to
do things like this...
ledger
8/11/2015 5:10pm
Best post of the day and good on everyone that helped that little guy.
8/11/2015 5:16pm Edited Date/Time 8/11/2015 5:17pm
It takes a mental toll on a person to interact with a child with a devastating illness. Helping a child forget his problems for a day is a noble endeavor. I respect JGR and Barcia a lot for doing this. I dont care how assholish Barcia is on the track- hes good people in my eyes.

Post a reply to: Make A Wish Ride with Austin Coleman & Justin Barcia

The Latest