Major Bias

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/26/2018 6:00am
Titan1 wrote:
The point is you aren’t the customer...you’re the commodity. You are the cereal...does the cereal bring value to Walmart? Yes. But there are lots of brands...
The point is you aren’t the customer...you’re the commodity.

You are the cereal...does the cereal bring value to Walmart? Yes. But there are lots of brands of cereal on the shelves at Walmart, and lots and lots more brands of cereal that want to be there-who might bring a few extra dollars to walmart they were on the shelf-but don’t get to be there because other brands bring more dollars to Walmart. If a cereal brand wants to be on the shelves at Walmart it’s there job to prove they can provide enough value. It’s a privileged be on Walmart’s shelves.

GuyB (Walmart) can pick and choose which members (cereal) he allows to post here (be on the shelves)...it is your job to prove you have enough value (abide by the rules, not piss people off, etc) to post and posting is a privilege. GuyB clicking someone-no matter the reason-won’t hurt his bottom line any more than Walmart dropping or not signing a particular brand of cereal because their shelves are full and there is always another cereal brand ready to take their place on the shelf. The only way a cereal company-a commodity-could hurt Walmart is if ALL cereal companies left walmart.

As the commodity, even though you being some value-clicks-you are replaceable and at the bottom of the totem pole. It’s just the way it is. Your eyeballs aren’t as valuable as you think they are.
Walmart already has enough carbs. ?
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
6/26/2018 7:49am
There's an adult solution to this; if the place doesn't suit you, find another that does.
Actually, that's not a solution! That's someone being a blowhard and defending a childish mentality, while displaying one of their own.
No, it's a solution. Simple and without grandstanding.
billyp330
6/26/2018 8:20am Edited Date/Time 6/26/2018 8:22am
Titan1 wrote:
What a few people here seem to get confused on is that "we" (the posters, the page views, the clicks, the eyeballs) aren't the "customer" of...
What a few people here seem to get confused on is that "we" (the posters, the page views, the clicks, the eyeballs) aren't the "customer" of this page...we are the "product"...the "customers" are the advertisers.

GuyB banning one of us, is the equivalent of Walmart no longer selling General Mills cereals...not the equivalent of Walmart banning one of the people who shop there.

Get it?

I think once people realize that we aren't the customer, it changes the perspective with which they interact with the mods here.
I appreciate that view. However, without the eyeballs, clicks and page views there is no funding! We GENERATE the revenue by coming here, it's why advertisers...
I appreciate that view. However, without the eyeballs, clicks and page views there is no funding! We GENERATE the revenue by coming here, it's why advertisers spend money here, to attract us! If all the page views, clicks, etc disappeared would advertisers still pay. I don't see why they would..

No other site does what Vital does and that effort SPECIFICALLY is what really makes the wheel go round. It's why I come here, the content Vital delivers is outstanding. I would just like the forum to match it as well.
Titan1 wrote:
The point is you aren’t the customer...you’re the commodity. You are the cereal...does the cereal bring value to Walmart? Yes. But there are lots of brands...
The point is you aren’t the customer...you’re the commodity.

You are the cereal...does the cereal bring value to Walmart? Yes. But there are lots of brands of cereal on the shelves at Walmart, and lots and lots more brands of cereal that want to be there-who might bring a few extra dollars to walmart they were on the shelf-but don’t get to be there because other brands bring more dollars to Walmart. If a cereal brand wants to be on the shelves at Walmart it’s there job to prove they can provide enough value. It’s a privileged be on Walmart’s shelves.

GuyB (Walmart) can pick and choose which members (cereal) he allows to post here (be on the shelves)...it is your job to prove you have enough value (abide by the rules, not piss people off, etc) to post and posting is a privilege. GuyB clicking someone-no matter the reason-won’t hurt his bottom line any more than Walmart dropping or not signing a particular brand of cereal because their shelves are full and there is always another cereal brand ready to take their place on the shelf. The only way a cereal company-a commodity-could hurt Walmart is if ALL cereal companies left walmart.

As the commodity, even though you being some value-clicks-you are replaceable and at the bottom of the totem pole. It’s just the way it is. Your eyeballs aren’t as valuable as you think they are.
I want to add to this little cereal analogy. You are forgetting that Walmart makes money on re selling these different brands of cereal and that losing a brand means losing customers whom prefer that brand. A new brand sitting on the shelf does not automatically translate to the same sales, especially in a small, niche market where brand loyalty still seems relevant.

I do agree with your opinion of not using the customer argument for the censorship of the forum though, just not your logic behind your opinion, as it is flawed.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Major Bias

The Latest