Main Event Moto

shortcourse
Just listened to Main Event Moto #122, listen to it from 21:35 to 23:05. Make your own judgement of what was said.
|
Subotai
6/9/2019 11:45pm
A guest was suggesting the factory riders do cocaine and was asking Blair how much he thought they snorted in a given season. it was weird.
Premixed112
6/10/2019 12:07am
Thought for sure this thread was going to be about how Hobo Nick was surprised how people (and especially dudes on vital) could prefer outdoors to supercross.
6/10/2019 3:08am
Subotai wrote:
A guest was suggesting the factory riders do cocaine and was asking Blair how much he thought they snorted in a given season. it was weird.
Fair enough. I like daniel blair except when hes with those guys on main event. I feel like they drag him down to their level of stupidity/immaturity.

The Shop

Bramlett321
6/10/2019 4:40am
Subotai wrote:
LOL!! Hobo is just out there a little bit with a twisted reality style sense of humor. I'm sure Blair was like , make this question go away before I lose my job.
Jasper125
6/10/2019 4:56am
Subotai wrote:
Fair enough. I like daniel blair except when hes with those guys on main event. I feel like they drag him down to their level of...
Fair enough. I like daniel blair except when hes with those guys on main event. I feel like they drag him down to their level of stupidity/immaturity.
He wants to be seen as a professional track announcer and i think he does a great job at that but if he really wants to go up in the ranks he should quit that podcast. I also don't get why racerx wants this to be a part of their brand. Like the Hangtown podcast discussing the racing live while drinking and shit talking (don't get me wrong i liked it) but i don't think it fits racerx as a serious media outlet...
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1924th
6/10/2019 5:37am
Subotai wrote:
Fair enough. I like daniel blair except when hes with those guys on main event. I feel like they drag him down to their level of...
Jasper125 wrote:
He wants to be seen as a professional track announcer and i think he does a great job at that but if he really wants to...
He wants to be seen as a professional track announcer and i think he does a great job at that but if he really wants to go up in the ranks he should quit that podcast. I also don't get why racerx wants this to be a part of their brand. Like the Hangtown podcast discussing the racing live while drinking and shit talking (don't get me wrong i liked it) but i don't think it fits racerx as a serious media outlet...
Stop being so serious bro Laughing
6/10/2019 6:59am
Listened on my way to work this morning...

The cocaine thing was a joke; but a really lame one. I get there wasn't a race this weekend; but between the basketball playoffs talk, lame cocaine joke, and the not even mildly humorous poop jokes (and trust me, I can appreciate a good poop joke) - I couldn't turn that episode off any faster.

I get RacerX is letting DB and gang "do their thing" with the MEM show even though it's on the RacerX podcast network now - but holy shit, if you're going to do low brow humor, at least actually be funny about it. That was painful to listen to.

This post, and that episode, belong in the dumbgeon - ASAP
6/10/2019 7:03am
Bingo. Exactly. Spot on. The recent Main Event Moto with Cooksey was fantastic. I thought maybe they actually were raising their standards just a smidgen from the overly immature stuff. (nope)
Casting
6/10/2019 7:22am Edited Date/Time 6/10/2019 7:23am
I enjoy the humor of the Main Event Moto show. It's a different style of humor compared to Pulp. Not for everyone, sure, but entertaining and Daniel does a good job balancing a professional podcast with fun and laughs.

My rankings:

1. Race review w/ Jason, JT, and Steve.
2. Pulp MX Show
3. Main Event Moto

My pet peeve with one of the other podcasts is that the host talks like William Shatner... random pauses between words, stuttering, and his rate of speech fluctuates randomly.
ob
6/10/2019 7:38am
I like thier style of fucked up comedy, it's like I'm at home with my fucked up buddies sitting around bullshitting. That Hangtown show when they were just drinking beers as they announced the race was so hilarious. Maybe the Pulp show is getting to serious and Main Event is the other side of the spectrum.
Hudd_421
6/10/2019 7:45am
All Pod Casts have hits and misses. I'm a die hard for all Moto content and truly appreciate everyone who puts something out. As a Pulp fan since day 1, I didn't really enjoy last week's episode with ML (I like ML and have enjoyed every other episode he's co-hosted on, so no disrespect)

With that said, yeah MEM was a little off the rails but I didn't mind it. Got me through my commute this morning like any other episode!
Casting
6/10/2019 7:57am
Hudd_421 wrote:
All Pod Casts have hits and misses. I'm a die hard for all Moto content and truly appreciate everyone who puts something out. As a Pulp...
All Pod Casts have hits and misses. I'm a die hard for all Moto content and truly appreciate everyone who puts something out. As a Pulp fan since day 1, I didn't really enjoy last week's episode with ML (I like ML and have enjoyed every other episode he's co-hosted on, so no disrespect)

With that said, yeah MEM was a little off the rails but I didn't mind it. Got me through my commute this morning like any other episode!
Was it me or was ML a bit more reserved on this episode compared to others where he was co-host?

Pay no mind to the vocal minority, ML, you're a quality co-host.

Weston seemed to not want to be on the show... maybe it was just agitation due to what he is going through, but then again he never seemed like he was in a good mood during previous pulp shows.
Hudd_421
6/10/2019 8:17am
Hudd_421 wrote:
All Pod Casts have hits and misses. I'm a die hard for all Moto content and truly appreciate everyone who puts something out. As a Pulp...

Casting wrote:
Was it me or was ML a bit more reserved on this episode compared to others where he was co-host? Pay no mind to the vocal...
Was it me or was ML a bit more reserved on this episode compared to others where he was co-host?

Weston seemed to not want to be on the show... maybe it was just agitation due to what he is going through, but then again he never seemed like he was in a good mood during previous pulp shows.
I feel like ML tries to make it known he's an industry insider (which is totally is, and often provides insight on here or on twitter that no one else knows or wants to reveal.)

Last episode he was on, it felt like he didn't try too hard, didn't try and be "in" on the joke and was great. Seemed like he was nervous and had a lot to say, but it all kinda just fell out of him. But like any co-host. It takes time to get good and we need to let these guys have an off-night every once in a while (which they all do). So keep up the good work ML!

In my opinion, Pulp is best when we get one guest that did something noteworthy that weekend (race winner, or good ride) and then another "regular guest" like Phil, A-mart, Wey, AC...Where it goes straight into bullshitting and world-class shit talking.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
6/10/2019 8:26am
Hudd_421 wrote:

Casting wrote:
Was it me or was ML a bit more reserved on this episode compared to others where he was co-host? Pay no mind to the vocal...

Hudd_421 wrote:
I feel like ML tries to make it known he's an industry insider (which is totally is, and often provides insight on here or on twitter...
I feel like ML tries to make it known he's an industry insider (which is totally is, and often provides insight on here or on twitter that no one else knows or wants to reveal.)

Last episode he was on, it felt like he didn't try too hard, didn't try and be "in" on the joke and was great. Seemed like he was nervous and had a lot to say, but it all kinda just fell out of him. But like any co-host. It takes time to get good and we need to let these guys have an off-night every once in a while (which they all do). So keep up the good work ML!

In my opinion, Pulp is best when we get one guest that did something noteworthy that weekend (race winner, or good ride) and then another "regular guest" like Phil, A-mart, Wey, AC...Where it goes straight into bullshitting and world-class shit talking.
I had someone tell me that I agreed with Steve too much this show, point noted Laughing
WDSRCR
6/10/2019 8:27am
I have been giving Main event a shot lately and while its not my favorite show, it's not the worst thing. I don't like some of the drug talk but it is what it is. These kids, while they are world class athletes, do go out and party and I wouldn't be surprised if they dabbled...
ML512
Fantasy
45th
6/10/2019 8:31am
Hudd_421 wrote:

Casting wrote:

Usually I come in when it’s more bike testing season or early in SX when there’s more bike tech to talk about, I think I was missing a bit of my usual subject there.
hamncheeze
6/10/2019 8:35am
I've listened to Main Event Moto since Episode 1. Like Hudd_421 said, there are hits and misses but in a sport that often takes itself far too seriously, I like the lighthearted takes on Main Event.
Premix
6/10/2019 10:35am
Welcome to 2019, where everyone is offended by everything.
6/10/2019 10:45am
hamncheeze wrote:
I've listened to Main Event Moto since Episode 1. Like Hudd_421 said, there are hits and misses but in a sport that often takes itself far...
I've listened to Main Event Moto since Episode 1. Like Hudd_421 said, there are hits and misses but in a sport that often takes itself far too seriously, I like the lighthearted takes on Main Event.
For such a niche sport I'm consistently flabbergasted by how many media folk treat every day on a dirt bike like they're reporting on the Supreme Court

It's why I like ML, Matthew, Keef, etc
MXD
6/10/2019 10:46am Edited Date/Time 6/10/2019 10:46am
It was just a joke that wasn't that funny. It happens, no big deal. It wouldn't have even stuck out to me if not for this thread.

I think DB and Producer Joe are great together. My favorite episodes are when VB is in studio.
MELTON139
Fantasy
3627th
6/10/2019 12:19pm
Damn, yall are some harsh critics. Not once did the thought of I need to vent about this on Vital cross my mind when I heard them say that. Obviously he wasn't being serious, and it wasn't even funny, but it didn't bother me. I've listened to every episode since it started and think they do a great job.They really remind me of my moto group bench racing on the way to the tracks. Instead of blasting them on vital just unsubscribe and listen to a golf podcast. I'm just glad to have all of the moto podcast we do these days, it makes the dreaded week between races bearable. Stop nit picking every word on every podcast, and every word the announcers say!

Oh and ML you do a great job when you're on the pulp show, don't have a clue what you are talking about when it comes to the bike setup, but I still enjoy hearing it lol Also really enjoy your rider shadows and youtube page, keep those coming!
SteezGeez
Fantasy
476th
6/10/2019 12:31pm Edited Date/Time 6/10/2019 12:31pm
Honestly I think the Main Event Moto show is absolutely hilarious. They're just joking around and never really being serious. There show is great for people to get an understanding of your average listener. My friends that aren't really into the moto scene would way rather listen to MEM than pulp because it's less insider and serious. Pulp is great comedy but you need background on the sport and show. MEM can take everyone except you guys with super tight buttholes laugh appearently.
Moto520
6/10/2019 1:24pm
Casting wrote:
I enjoy the humor of the Main Event Moto show. It's a different style of humor compared to Pulp. Not for everyone, sure, but entertaining and...
I enjoy the humor of the Main Event Moto show. It's a different style of humor compared to Pulp. Not for everyone, sure, but entertaining and Daniel does a good job balancing a professional podcast with fun and laughs.

My rankings:

1. Race review w/ Jason, JT, and Steve.
2. Pulp MX Show
3. Main Event Moto

My pet peeve with one of the other podcasts is that the host talks like William Shatner... random pauses between words, stuttering, and his rate of speech fluctuates randomly.
Don't forget the Whiskey Throttle Show!
77Moto
6/10/2019 5:23pm Edited Date/Time 6/10/2019 5:25pm
Daniel is too PC, doesn't want to ruffle feathers. Show basically died when DB went to work for the industry. It changed instantly. Lots of Shusshes and "can't talk about that"
Vincent doesn't have to care if people get butt hurt. Thats the problem with Moto podcasts compared to other sports, everyone with one needs the industry money and buddy buddy factor.. Other sports podcasts need ZERO of the sports money to run. Lets them talk freely without inhibition and talk truth.
6/10/2019 5:32pm
Not a big fan of Main Event Moto, I listen sometimes but not very much. Personally I just find that the people on the show are generally extremely biased towards one rider or manufacturer. Also seems like some of the guests hardly even watch the racing so they provide absolutely nothing to the show. I'm not sure about this year since they are now with Racer X but in years past they pretty much tune out of the sport during the outdoors which really put me off the show.

To each their own, though.
oldblood
6/10/2019 5:48pm
Not a big fan of Main Event Moto, I listen sometimes but not very much. Personally I just find that the people on the show are...
Not a big fan of Main Event Moto, I listen sometimes but not very much. Personally I just find that the people on the show are generally extremely biased towards one rider or manufacturer. Also seems like some of the guests hardly even watch the racing so they provide absolutely nothing to the show. I'm not sure about this year since they are now with Racer X but in years past they pretty much tune out of the sport during the outdoors which really put me off the show.

To each their own, though.
I'm sure they will be heartbroken to hear this.

Post a reply to: Main Event Moto

The Latest