Main Event Mookie?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/5/2018 6:58 AM

The interview with Vince Friese was very interesting. Matthes brought up 'Heat Race Mookie', and Vince said he could be 'Main Event Mookie' this year. He said Malcolm has shed some pounds and has improved his fitness significantly. Vince said Malcolm does not get tired now in a 20 lap race. It would be great to see Malcolm do well this year. He is 26 yrs old now.

|

12/5/2018 7:17 AM

Agreed. It would be awesome to see him fighting for main event wins. I think it's quite clear he has the raw speed to get the job done. With him being actually prepared and on a team headed into A1, I think it's possible.

Regardless if you're a fan or not, he is a great personality for the sport and is a large draw for fans. With him fighting for wins it will only draw more attention. He could very well be the dark horse heading into this season.

|

12/5/2018 7:25 AM

He does look better this year but there's always something happening to Mookie. I expect to see him more often in the top 10 this year though and possibly even top 5 on occasion. Him fighting for wins is a bit delusional though

|

12/5/2018 7:37 AM

Is he on a 450 this year?

|

Go Dungey!

12/5/2018 7:44 AM

Ill believe it when i see it

|

12/5/2018 8:02 AM

He looks comfortable.

|

12/5/2018 8:15 AM

i think a win might be possible late in the season. but i do think he will be fighting for top 5's... i though the interview was great as well.

|

12/5/2018 8:23 AM

isn't this like his 28th chance to compete. Same shit every year.

|

12/5/2018 8:29 AM

fourfourone wrote:

He won a lites title like 2 or 3 years ago. Chill.

|

12/5/2018 9:28 AM

A professional has finally addressed that he has to have the stamina to get 20 laps?

Great........ I'll believe it when I see it.

PS -- I am a mookie fan.

|

12/5/2018 9:47 AM

426Hemi wrote:

I get thumbs down for simply asking a question?

|

Go Dungey!

12/5/2018 9:52 AM

shaffstall721 wrote:

A professional has finally addressed that he has to have the stamina to get 20 laps?

PS -- I am a mookie fan.

Have you seen any of the off season races or listened to anyone speak of his current physical condition? I too was surprised that he never got in shape the first two years, but at least he woke up and took this more seriously. I suspect he will be a top seven guy with top fives mixed in.

|

12/5/2018 9:52 AM

Why does he crash so much? Every time you look at the dude he's flying off the bike. He seems to have that "trying too hard" syndrome (Canard, Townley, etc.)

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

12/5/2018 9:53 AM

fourfourone wrote:

observeroffacts wrote:

What does winning a 250 title have to do with anything? Plenty of guys have won 250 titles and did nothing in the 450 class.

In case you haven't noticed Malcolm hasn't done all that much on the big bike.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

12/5/2018 10:20 AM

fourfourone wrote:

observeroffacts wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

What does winning a 250 title have to do with anything? Plenty of guys have won 250 titles and did nothing in the 450 class.

He has done more than you!!

|

12/5/2018 10:34 AM

fourfourone wrote:

observeroffacts wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Come on Maverick, you know that a 250SX championship is a pretty good indicator that a person should do well in the 450s. All of the current top 450 riders have lights championships and I can’t think of a guy who doesn’t have a lights championship other than JB10 in the top 10.

|

12/5/2018 10:36 AM

shaffstall721 wrote:

PS -- I am a mookie fan.

rdrurypi wrote:

Have you seen any of the off season races or listened to anyone speak of his current physical condition? I too was surprised that he never got in shape the first two years, but at least he woke up and took this more seriously. I suspect he will be a top seven guy with top fives mixed in.

All I heard was he fell in race 1 and couldn't start race 2 at the most recent event.

His results have been what other than that? sorry I do not know.

|

12/5/2018 10:36 AM

All that Mookie can do right now is not to be lapped in every god dam race

|

12/5/2018 10:38 AM

426Hemi wrote:

No, you get six or more. He's been on a 450 for the last couple years.

|

12/5/2018 10:42 AM

keinz wrote:

All that Mookie can do right now is not to be lapped in every god dam race

|

12/5/2018 10:48 AM

shaffstall721 wrote:

PS -- I am a mookie fan.

rdrurypi wrote:

shaffstall721 wrote:

All I heard was he fell in race 1 and couldn't start race 2 at the most recent event.

His results have been what other than that? sorry I do not know.

Just from his off season results this year, he took 5th at Monster Cup, won all three Motos in Montreal, plowed into lappers in Spain when he was the fastest guy there. Last week he was passing some Euro and got taken out and his bike DNFed two races and they (Honda techs) couldn’t fix it.

|

12/5/2018 10:53 AM

I'm not going to bet on him for a win, but it sure sounds like we may see a little different Mookie this year. I'm guessing some top 5's are probably in the cards, and maybe even some podium finishes on the right night when the cards fall just right for him.

|

12/5/2018 11:12 AM

I’m expecting the 2nd coming of James

|

12/5/2018 11:21 AM

MotoMo165 wrote:

I’m expecting the 2nd coming of James

He's not James. He's Mookie.

|

12/5/2018 11:29 AM

I think he’s gonna be a real threat this season. Probably top 5 or better, pulling for mookie

|

12/5/2018 11:39 AM

observeroffacts wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

2WheelsForTheMasses wrote:

Irrelevant.

You Stewtards are something else.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

12/5/2018 11:41 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Irrelevant.

Stewtards... Excellent!
|

12/5/2018 11:43 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Irrelevant.

Nice, don’t let something like FACTS get in the way of your feelings.

|

12/5/2018 11:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/5/2018 11:50 AM

fourfourone wrote:

observeroffacts wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

It has everything to do with a post that says “same shit every year”. He won a title very recently. Did you read the post I replied to or just Tom Cruise your way into a conversation without reading it chronologically?

|

12/5/2018 12:02 PM

fourfourone wrote:

observeroffacts wrote:

Exactly !!! He's never been in this situation with his preparation and having a full on ride. Talk shit after this season but right now we can't judge him based on anything because he's never came in prepared and fit.

|