Maggiora GP Canceled

JMX82
http://mxvice.com/64866/ottobiano-host-italian-mxgp

Anyone know why the race is moved to another track? Maggiora track was amazing at last years MXDN and it's real downer that they changed location

Ottobiano looks just an another man made track on flat ground

|
ayearinmx
3/23/2017 4:17am
they had problems with the local authority due to building regulations and planning permission .... something like that
RG1
3/23/2017 4:28am
They didn't really have a choice to cancel the GP at Maggiora. As was mentioned before Maggiora has some kind of issues with the authorities and can't host it. Ottobiano will be fine, it's a sand track, so the fact that it doesn't have much elevation doesn't really matter. They've done an unbelievable job there too, I was there 3-4 years ago and if you saw the MX track that was there then compared to the one that is there now, there's no way you'd ever believe it was the same place
Bearuno
3/23/2017 4:49am

Apparently a section of protected vegetation was cleared for last years MXDN ( or even perhaps for the previous GPs?) that the local Government gave the OK for, but Greenies then had a fit over. Now, I'm all for protecting the environment, but I seriously doubt a few square meters of brush / some trees being cleared really could ruin an ecosystem at Maggiora. I've been lucky enough to get to it in 2015, and, it's a lovely place, but not a pristine environment that supports the last of any species that I've been able to ascertain.

Basically, the 'Fun Police' flexing their muscles, and f**king over a Sport that they tend to hate.

Ottobiano will be fine, as RG1 said - though, Maggiora would be better. Let's hope that the owners / organizers of Maggiora can overcome this BS.
RG1
3/23/2017 4:57am
Bearuno wrote:
Apparently a section of protected vegetation was cleared for last years MXDN ( or even perhaps for the previous GPs?) that the local Government gave the...

Apparently a section of protected vegetation was cleared for last years MXDN ( or even perhaps for the previous GPs?) that the local Government gave the OK for, but Greenies then had a fit over. Now, I'm all for protecting the environment, but I seriously doubt a few square meters of brush / some trees being cleared really could ruin an ecosystem at Maggiora. I've been lucky enough to get to it in 2015, and, it's a lovely place, but not a pristine environment that supports the last of any species that I've been able to ascertain.

Basically, the 'Fun Police' flexing their muscles, and f**king over a Sport that they tend to hate.

Ottobiano will be fine, as RG1 said - though, Maggiora would be better. Let's hope that the owners / organizers of Maggiora can overcome this BS.
Agree with every word. Would much rather see the GP at Maggiora, but as a kind of last minute replacement, Ottobiano ain't too bad

The Shop

JMX82
3/23/2017 5:03am
That is ridiculous. It's not like they cut down 100 year old forest to clear the the track...
rancor19
3/23/2017 5:14am
ayearinmx wrote:
they had problems with the local authority due to building regulations and planning permission .... something like that
It's just a dirt bike race for pete's sake. Time to nuke the 'local authority'.

Crush
3/23/2017 5:40am
Bearuno wrote:
Apparently a section of protected vegetation was cleared for last years MXDN ( or even perhaps for the previous GPs?) that the local Government gave the...

RG1 wrote:
Agree with every word. Would much rather see the GP at Maggiora, but as a kind of last minute replacement, Ottobiano ain't too bad
Crazy that the local authorities can't see past the money that the GP would bring to town... Seems like it's been super well attended...
mac3-d
3/23/2017 5:49am
From the photo it looks like the track is elevated with very little space for spectators, being Italy it will be well attended
Bearuno
3/23/2017 5:55am
rancor19 and Crush, it's not the 'local authorities' that are the problem, it's the Greenies / non local authorities, from all I've read.
Question
3/23/2017 6:49am
Bearuno wrote:
rancor19 and Crush, it's not the 'local authorities' that are the problem, it's the Greenies / non local authorities, from all I've read.
I thought it was about a building permission. Italian fans should give them visit after the race or create a garden party/bbq. I am highly in favor of ecology but these greenies should open a book or use Internet for something else than instagram. I am 95% positive these guys do more than 20.000km by car each year and less than a 100 by bicycle for work (whereas they could get closer to their job), eat meat and fish without checking the sources, put a third of their spending power on Chinese stuffs by upgrading regularly their latest technology, have more than 1000 emails on their mail box (datacenters consume a LOT), live in a non passive house, go on holidays abroad etc; and they want to give us any lesson? The track should call their boss at the party for some explanation regarding the ignorance of their members. The complete global business model has to be redesigned in the next 50 years and mx is by far a non factor.
rancor19
3/23/2017 7:49am
Bearuno wrote:
K. So if the 'local authorities' cave to the 'greenies', doesn't that make the 'greenies' the 'local authorities'?
I mean(assuming you have some form of representative government over there), isn't this really some chicken shit government council using a non-representative body as a scapegoat?
Gnome sayin'? Your 'local authority' would have no trouble shoving in deep up in any individual or small group but get tens of thousands together and suddenly...."The Greens Have SPOKEN". And you have no recourse.
See what they did there?

Nuke em' all Angry
3/23/2017 8:18am
remember when they said "they are making the tracks to suit villopoto" maybe the are doing the same for Herlings GrinningGrinning

Post a reply to: Maggiora GP Canceled

The Latest