Made in China...

Chance1216
9/14/2019 9:10pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2019 9:20pm
That's pretty crazy. 4 percent. Create a work force in another country and basically for lack of better words sell out? I remember in 1998 as a first year plumbing apprentice making $8 hr, thinking of how great it would be to finally get my license after four years. Starting wages for journey level was $25 hr in Portland Oregon at the time. Now there is no way I could support my family on that wage, yet alone enjoy my hobbies. It just seems that every time a financial goal is reached, it's never enough. I'll have to check that documentary out.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
9/14/2019 9:11pm
You really aren't observant are you?
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2067th
9/15/2019 1:40am
colintrax wrote:
Haha I mean yeah I’m sure most of the conditions are much shitter in China. My point is that with deregulation as the method used to spur on business in the states, American factories are heading that direction. And in this particular factory that was once a GM factory the condition werent that different... and the government couldn’t care less... so the workers tried to unionize to be able to have a voice because a single voice in 5000 is irrelevant, but the company spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to run compulsory anti union brainwashing seminars.

The more deregulation the less right the workers have, the lower the wages, the worse the working conditions, the more like China America becomes.

Watch the doco and report back please. It’s fascinating.

The Shop

Zacka 161
Fantasy
2067th
9/15/2019 3:56am
Chance1216 wrote:
That's pretty crazy. 4 percent. Create a work force in another country and basically for lack of better words sell out? I remember in 1998 as...
That's pretty crazy. 4 percent. Create a work force in another country and basically for lack of better words sell out? I remember in 1998 as a first year plumbing apprentice making $8 hr, thinking of how great it would be to finally get my license after four years. Starting wages for journey level was $25 hr in Portland Oregon at the time. Now there is no way I could support my family on that wage, yet alone enjoy my hobbies. It just seems that every time a financial goal is reached, it's never enough. I'll have to check that documentary out.
It’s a Chinese company setting up shop in an abandoned GM plant and the workers were glad to get employment back but when working for GM they made $27 an hour and now they make $12 an hour.

I’ve seen it in some third world countries I’ve been too. Bassically bring thousands of minimum wage jobs to a town and the government is like ‘fuck yeah awesome’. And it somewhat is, but what it inevitable does is that the workers are pay so little that it’s impossible for them to leave or revolt or do anything because one week without work and they can’t live... this then puts the power squarely in the hands of the corporations... especially when they spend millions on anti union advocacy to ensure that the workers can’t unite.

It’s not about being paid what you are worth, it’s ensuring that the supply of workers outweighs the supply of jobs. This means that the job suppliers hold the power
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
609th
9/15/2019 4:21am
colintrax wrote:
Zacka 161 wrote:
Haha I mean yeah I’m sure most of the conditions are much shitter in China. My point is that with deregulation as the method used to...
Haha I mean yeah I’m sure most of the conditions are much shitter in China. My point is that with deregulation as the method used to spur on business in the states, American factories are heading that direction. And in this particular factory that was once a GM factory the condition werent that different... and the government couldn’t care less... so the workers tried to unionize to be able to have a voice because a single voice in 5000 is irrelevant, but the company spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to run compulsory anti union brainwashing seminars.

The more deregulation the less right the workers have, the lower the wages, the worse the working conditions, the more like China America becomes.

yeah, you're pretty lost bud. you watched a documentary and you now think you know what's going on in the u.s. labor force.... please. globalization is to blame for a lot of the rust belt job losses, deregulation is an attempt to counter that, not sure why it's so confusing... and it's nothing like china here... i'm sure you've been to china and to the u.s., right??? or are you forming your opinion from what someone else is feeding you? that documentary is showing how the chinese run their show and it shows just how different things are here... what i find "fascinating" is that you despise the u.s. so much, yet you spend so much time opining about it.
Sideways
9/15/2019 5:08am
slipdog wrote:
I don't buy China. Problem solved...
Im pretty sure you do. Its almost impossible to not buy anything produced in china.
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2067th
9/15/2019 7:02am
colintrax wrote:
Zacka 161 wrote:
Haha I mean yeah I’m sure most of the conditions are much shitter in China. My point is that with deregulation as the method used to...

SLAPAHO wrote:
yeah, you're pretty lost bud. you watched a documentary and you now think you know what's going on in the u.s. labor force.... please. globalization is...
yeah, you're pretty lost bud. you watched a documentary and you now think you know what's going on in the u.s. labor force.... please. globalization is to blame for a lot of the rust belt job losses, deregulation is an attempt to counter that, not sure why it's so confusing... and it's nothing like china here... i'm sure you've been to china and to the u.s., right??? or are you forming your opinion from what someone else is feeding you? that documentary is showing how the chinese run their show and it shows just how different things are here... what i find "fascinating" is that you despise the u.s. so much, yet you spend so much time opining about it.
Globalization is to blame for the rust belt losses and deregulation is an attempt to counter it.

The first part of that, I’m not sure it definitely could be the reason. The second part of that is 100% correct. It is an attempt to counter it. At the expense of the workers... to me that’s completely a wise decision for corporations that donate to politicians... At the expense of workers.

Unemployment is at record lows. The stock market is booming. But the middle class is dying and wealth gap is increasing. What’s that clearly say... lots more low paying jobs means that business looks good (the stock market is a reflection of the wealthy) and the rich are getting rich off it. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that that is 100% the aim of deregulation.

Why not focus on innovation. Exporting more cars than you import, not through blocking imports or tariffs but through nurturing innovation. Develop new technology you can sell to the world... Theres so much more you can do than say ‘well it’s China’s fault we are only paying 90% of the worker in this company $12 an hour, and it’s not illegal so deal with it‘.
9/15/2019 7:29am
It's crazy how so many economists and experts in government found their way to a motocross site.
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2067th
9/15/2019 7:32am
How to stop people buying from China. Ensure people have the economic stability to be able to make choices based on values and not just on price... those that are well off have the the luxury to choose, but when more and more Americans skirt the poverty line... China benefits...

Deregulation mainly helps China and helps the corporations that keep America money in the cayman island and pay minimal or no tax. But don’t worry the media will tell you it’s all about ‘freedom’ and ‘the free market’. Lol.
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2067th
9/15/2019 7:33am
It's crazy how so many economists and experts in government found their way to a motocross site.
Hahaha I love it.

Post a reply to: Made in China...

The Latest