Mad Skills Motocross 3 - pre release version for download

mx617
Edited Date/Time 9/19/2022 12:03pm
Just saw an ad on Facebook for it, downloaded and going to take it for a spin! So far, graphics are a bit better, different angle to the view, and things seem a bit... smoother?

Oh and there's 5 bikes in the race!
|
RandyS
5/18/2020 4:16pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2020 4:17pm
Canada and Philippines only WTF? I could understand if it was Sweden, and I understand Canada because it's probably a much smaller market than the US, but Philippines?
SEE ARE125
5/18/2020 5:27pm
Can that view be changed? I get they’re trying to add some depth, but that’s gonna take some getting used to. Everything else looks great!
mx617
5/18/2020 5:45pm
Didn't realize it was geographically restricted, thought it was more of a general soft launch.

I'll check if the view can change, maybe try and get some screen shots up later to.

The Shop

Motodave15
5/18/2020 5:50pm
Does anybody know if they got rid of the rocket bike bs and that stuff? I loved every other aspect of the game until i got to a rocketbike / kitebike stuff and it made me hate the game.
mxbrian15
5/18/2020 7:14pm
Looks like they went and implemented a lot from their BMX game with the view angle and movements. Should be interesting.
tobz
5/18/2020 7:33pm
Have you guys seen “this is motocross” or timx? Check it out
SEE ARE125
5/18/2020 8:41pm
tobz wrote:
Have you guys seen “this is motocross” or timx? Check it out
Just downloaded it and played it for a minute. Seems decent, scrubbing and whips are a REALLY cool feature. I don’t like the gyro that forces me to lift my thumb from the screen. I have to let off the gas in the air or else I do a backflip. I prefer the ability to slide my thumb from gas to brake, like on Mad Skills, because having to lift your thumb from the screen over every jump is an inconvenience that makes it difficult to make sure your thumb goes back to the right spot. The dealbreaker was the inability to play multiplayer without a Facebook. I know I’m in the minority, but I don’t have one. Overall though it would be a really cool game with some tweaks.
bigk218
Fantasy
3155th
5/18/2020 9:05pm
Looks like they fixed something that wasn’t broken.
jemcee
5/19/2020 3:39am
I see they've run the milestone approach of having someone really shit play the game in their preview..
Could be good though and I'm hoping the further you get through the game the better your bike will look, cause that bike does not look great
DiddyDaddy
Fantasy
1324th
5/19/2020 3:44am Edited Date/Time 5/19/2020 3:46am
Is it available for ios yet? I just went into the apple store and didn't see anything for MSM3
5/19/2020 7:42am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Can that view be changed? I get they’re trying to add some depth, but that’s gonna take some getting used to. Everything else looks great!
Hey, I'm one of the Game Designers for MSM3. You cannot change the angle. This does take some getting used to but after a while, most of our tester prefer it as you can see more of the upcoming track. We also switched to all 3D models which is part of the reason for the change.

5/19/2020 7:43am
Motodave15 wrote:
Does anybody know if they got rid of the rocket bike bs and that stuff? I loved every other aspect of the game until i got...
Does anybody know if they got rid of the rocket bike bs and that stuff? I loved every other aspect of the game until i got to a rocketbike / kitebike stuff and it made me hate the game.
Yes, we got rid of rockets. There are no boost or rockets or weird things.
5/19/2020 7:46am
bigk218 wrote:
Looks like they fixed something that wasn’t broken.
There is a lot broken with MSM2. Maybe not on the gameplay side, but in everything else. We wanted to add a more robust live ops section with more interesting events instead of just the same weekly Jam. We are adding teams, a ranked Versus mode, and much more. We are using the same physics engine we have always used with just some small tweaks. The biggest change is the addition of sand as a track material.

(I can't figure out how to quote multiple posts on here so forgive me for making a ton of posts in a row)
5/19/2020 7:50am
jemcee wrote:
I see they've run the milestone approach of having someone really shit play the game in their preview.. Could be good though and I'm hoping the...
I see they've run the milestone approach of having someone really shit play the game in their preview..
Could be good though and I'm hoping the further you get through the game the better your bike will look, cause that bike does not look great
Are you referring to the video that was posted on here? We have yet to release any official trailers or gameplay footage. All the stuff out there is from those crappy Android YouTube channels that post the first 15 minutes of gameplay.

The later bikes look way better. Early ones are based on older, slower bikes. Similar to how MSM2 is. At launch, there will be 6 or 7 bike tiers. Eventually, we will have at least 10.
Hoseclamp
Fantasy
617th
5/19/2020 7:51am
Im excited to try it. I love 2 and have very high hopes for 3. I hope you guys nailed it!
5/19/2020 7:53am
DiddyDaddy wrote:
Is it available for ios yet? I just went into the apple store and didn't see anything for MSM3
It isn't on iOS yet. Just soft-launched on Android in a couple countries. We have a new beta coming out soon. Maybe I'll post a link here once it is out.

If anyone has any other questions just let me know. I'll answer anything I can. We have been working hard on this game for years and really hope everyone loves it! No release date yet. Hoping to launch the trailer and more info on release date here soon!
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
5/19/2020 8:58am
The time I spent playing this game over the last 8 years is embarrassing.
Mace-x
5/19/2020 9:14am
Really excited about it, i hope it takes a little bit more of a sim approach respecting rythm sections and over jumping or lsnding short.
Cant wait!
5/19/2020 9:39am
Mace-x wrote:
Really excited about it, i hope it takes a little bit more of a sim approach respecting rythm sections and over jumping or lsnding short. Cant...
Really excited about it, i hope it takes a little bit more of a sim approach respecting rythm sections and over jumping or lsnding short.
Cant wait!
The physics and tracks feel more realistic in MSM3 compared to MSM2. For example the big stretched out outdoor style tracks have always been boring in MSM2 (which is why we almost never make them). In MSM3 they are actually fun. MSM3 takes more speed control. Not all tracks are flat out 100% throttle.

I think it is a bit more towards the sim side than MSM2, but still has that classic Mad Skills arcade feel.
danzig138
Fantasy
4063rd
5/19/2020 9:45am
Im in! This looks like so much potential! Its about time we got this!

Alabamagoon
5/19/2020 9:58am
Pumped for this! I read there will be a track editor, is that true joe?
SPODEBOY
5/19/2020 10:03am

To me this looks way better. Love the updated sounds, Love the 3D angle, Looking forward to it. My potty time will be even better now.

Love to see you guys come out with technical SX tracks too!

Thanks Turborilla!
tcannon521
Fantasy
1417th
5/19/2020 10:35am
The physics and tracks feel more realistic in MSM3 compared to MSM2. For example the big stretched out outdoor style tracks have always been boring in...
The physics and tracks feel more realistic in MSM3 compared to MSM2. For example the big stretched out outdoor style tracks have always been boring in MSM2 (which is why we almost never make them). In MSM3 they are actually fun. MSM3 takes more speed control. Not all tracks are flat out 100% throttle.

I think it is a bit more towards the sim side than MSM2, but still has that classic Mad Skills arcade feel.
Any thoughts on adding a speedo? I enjoy the challenge of timing stuff correctly but there are times I really wish I knew I was going to over jump the last section and ruin a perfect run.

5/19/2020 12:08pm
Pumped for this! I read there will be a track editor, is that true joe?
The track editor has been a debate internally. At the end of the day if enough players ask for it then we will release it. So make your voice heard! If I get my way there will be a public editor at some point. Won't be in there at launch but hopefully down the road. We plan to update and keep this game alive for a long long time! Some big updates already in the plans.
5/19/2020 12:10pm
The physics and tracks feel more realistic in MSM3 compared to MSM2. For example the big stretched out outdoor style tracks have always been boring in...

tcannon521 wrote:
Any thoughts on adding a speedo? I enjoy the challenge of timing stuff correctly but there are times I really wish I knew I was going...
Any thoughts on adding a speedo? I enjoy the challenge of timing stuff correctly but there are times I really wish I knew I was going to over jump the last section and ruin a perfect run.

No plans at the moment. Interesting thought. I could see how that could be useful. However, I do think it is pretty easy to get a feel for speed after a few runs on a track. Plus speed isn't everything. If you scrub a jump you can carry much higher speeds while landing sooner, so not sure how helpful it would be in the end.
mx617
5/19/2020 12:50pm Edited Date/Time 5/19/2020 12:51pm
Played a bunch last night, here's some thoughts:

1) More bikes on the track, I already mentioned 5 bikes on the track.

2) You can also swap out individual parts likes bars, ECU, or suspension to improve your bike. Still hoping to get that factory ECUWink

3) Each race comes with 2 or 3 extra goals besides just winning. Example, do a backflip, wheelie a specific section, win by 3 seconds, etc. And you have to finish on the podium for it to count. Adds a nice extra layer, I'm a fan.

4) Daily goals - in addition to the race goals, there's different things to be accomplished from a day of racing. Win a certain # of races, do a certain # of backflips, open a bag. No idea what that last one is, haven't checked it out yet lol.

5) Race feel - seems quite easy, maybe that's due to using the same physics engine that Joe mentioned? Combined with the ridiculous number of hours I'm sure we've all spent playing MSM2. Joe, is it safe to assume it will get more challenging later on? I'm just starting zone 2, and havne't upgraded anything on the bike yet. I want to wait to do any upgrades until it starts to get harder.

6) Bike feel - seems like I am better able to perceive the motion of the bike. Not sure if this is due to better graphics, the physics, or just that the bike is so much slower than the one I'm coming off of from MSM2.

7) Looks - As i just alluded to, the graphics I think are great. Still arcadey, but seems more zoomed in and I feel like I can see a lot more going on with the bike.

8) Multiplayer - haven't tried Versus or the new Events tab yet. Joe, the only options for login are Facebook or Google Play Games. Will the Twitter login come back or should I just link up one of those options?

More to come later I'm sure, but general impressions are good. If it was my first moto game I'd be stoked, but having it be so easy takes just a little of the shine off. Great work overall though.
5/19/2020 1:48pm
mx617 wrote:
Played a bunch last night, here's some thoughts: 1) More bikes on the track, I already mentioned 5 bikes on the track. 2) You can also...

2) You can also swap out individual parts likes bars, ECU, or suspension to improve your bike. Still hoping to get that factory ECUWink

3) Each race comes with 2 or 3 extra goals besides just winning. Example, do a backflip, wheelie a specific section, win by 3 seconds, etc. And you have to finish on the podium for it to count. Adds a nice extra layer, I'm a fan.

4) Daily goals - in addition to the race goals, there's different things to be accomplished from a day of racing. Win a certain # of races, do a certain # of backflips, open a bag. No idea what that last one is, haven't checked it out yet lol.

5) Race feel - seems quite easy, maybe that's due to using the same physics engine that Joe mentioned? Combined with the ridiculous number of hours I'm sure we've all spent playing MSM2. Joe, is it safe to assume it will get more challenging later on? I'm just starting zone 2, and havne't upgraded anything on the bike yet. I want to wait to do any upgrades until it starts to get harder.

6) Bike feel - seems like I am better able to perceive the motion of the bike. Not sure if this is due to better graphics, the physics, or just that the bike is so much slower than the one I'm coming off of from MSM2.

7) Looks - As i just alluded to, the graphics I think are great. Still arcadey, but seems more zoomed in and I feel like I can see a lot more going on with the bike.

8) Multiplayer - haven't tried Versus or the new Events tab yet. Joe, the only options for login are Facebook or Google Play Games. Will the Twitter login come back or should I just link up one of those options?

More to come later I'm sure, but general impressions are good. If it was my first moto game I'd be stoked, but having it be so easy takes just a little of the shine off. Great work overall though.
I'll touch on a couple of your points.

4. You get gear bags for winning a VS race. They include new parts, coins, skins, etc.

5. Career in MSM3 is MUCH easier to start than MSM2. If you're a hardcore Mad Skills player the first 3 zones will be a breeze. It starts getting tough around zone 5. Eventually, we will have a total of 8 zones. The last couple will be tough even for our core players. The bikes also get harder to control the faster they get, the same as in MSM2.

The idea here was to ease the more casual players in and not scare them off. We lost a bunch of players in MSM2 since the first few tracks were a bit tough for them.

8. I don't think we will have Twitter log in this time around. Check your MSM2 account first. Go to settings and hit the globe icon and make sure you've logged in with either Facebook or Google Play. Once you do that you can connect the same way in MSM3 and it will keep your same Mad Skills account.
SEE ARE125
5/19/2020 1:58pm
mx617 wrote:
Played a bunch last night, here's some thoughts: 1) More bikes on the track, I already mentioned 5 bikes on the track. 2) You can also...

I'll touch on a couple of your points. 4. You get gear bags for winning a VS race. They include new parts, coins, skins, etc. 5...
I'll touch on a couple of your points.

4. You get gear bags for winning a VS race. They include new parts, coins, skins, etc.

5. Career in MSM3 is MUCH easier to start than MSM2. If you're a hardcore Mad Skills player the first 3 zones will be a breeze. It starts getting tough around zone 5. Eventually, we will have a total of 8 zones. The last couple will be tough even for our core players. The bikes also get harder to control the faster they get, the same as in MSM2.

The idea here was to ease the more casual players in and not scare them off. We lost a bunch of players in MSM2 since the first few tracks were a bit tough for them.

8. I don't think we will have Twitter log in this time around. Check your MSM2 account first. Go to settings and hit the globe icon and make sure you've logged in with either Facebook or Google Play. Once you do that you can connect the same way in MSM3 and it will keep your same Mad Skills account.
#8: So can I play VS without FB or Google account? On iOS here, and have an Apple Game Center account that works with MSM2, can I use that? I know it’s only on Android now, but asking in regards to the final release.

Post a reply to: Mad Skills Motocross 3 - pre release version for download

The Latest