MXsponsor.com- worth it?

motoman998
Only after filling out the 8 pages of personal info did I realize that it's $50/year to apply for sponsors.

For the average racer (B class racer going for it at local races, areas and regionals, etc), have other people seen a rate of return on that investment? Not trying to sound like a tight a--, but if guys aren't seeing results in the form of sponsorship worth equal to or more than that $50 per year, I would think that money is better put in the gas tank for the next race.

Thanks guys!
|
Hrvat Moto
7/29/2022 7:05pm
You can pretty much just send out your own “resume” to any company in the industry and expect to get 30-60% off retail price as a support rider. If you want to get a deeper discount you should detail your results for the year and the races you attended / planned to attend.

My .02 . . . Mxsponsor.com is going to generically spam you to companies who automatically reply with a 20% discount. I highly doubt any of those companies will offer deep discounts (+40%) or product to anyone using “mxsponsor.com”

That being said, you only have a short window to get sponsorship from these companies for the upcoming year. You have to apply in the first through third week of August i believe
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
7/29/2022 7:58pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2022 8:37am
I can suggest a very cool program that gives some great discounts on some of the popular brands. It’s definitely saved me many hundreds of dollars.
www.sgpracing.org

https://instagram.com/sgpracing?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

The membership comes with all the sponsors for all members, you do not need to be a racer.
These are the current 2022 sponsors-

EVS
Asterisk
EKS brand
O’Neal
Flow Vision
Ethos goggles
All Balks
Pivot Works
Maxima
DT1
IMS
Tusk
LA Sleeve
AHM
Vertex
Hot Rod Cranks
Hot Cams
Mototool
Mika Metals
Tag Metals
Supersprox
Acerbis
Guts Racing
Moto Master
Torc 1
Tag Metals
ASV levers
Works Connection
Ride Engineering
Matrix
1.7 lubricants
Next
Scar Racing
Risk Racing
Arma

There are some other perks, which include
RMATV discounts
Partzilla OEM Parts discounts

If you have any questions, fell free to reach out and I can try and answer them.
ElliotB16
7/30/2022 2:54am
Hook it is the same way. You get a lot of 20% offers that get canceled out by the high shipping. Try going directly to the companies website and look for rider support.

The Shop

Cokeham23
7/30/2022 3:53am
Used MXsponsor in the past, it was worth it to me back then. I had gotten 50% off Scott, that alone saved me $50 per set of goggles. There’s cheaper options and different routes like mentioned above, but I was never into racing enough to make an actual résumé and didn’t want to email companies hoping for a reply, so MXsponsor was the route for me.
Bromley686
7/30/2022 5:34am Edited Date/Time 7/30/2022 5:36am
Wait until a holiday to sign up for mxsponsor. They always email me about 50% off the signup fee. I would guess the next one will be Labor Day or not until thanksgiving. Like mentioned above, you’ll get offers of 30-60% off. I will say, if you are super picky of only wanting to wear a certain brand, don’t sign up. From what I have seen back when I stopped using it, it’s mostly O’Neal, gaerne and I think spy for your main gear needs. You probably won’t be landing discounts from fox, tld, seven or so on.
Spooner
7/30/2022 8:06am
With a lot of these ‘discounts’ the shipping is super high which can kill any potential savings too.
7/30/2022 10:13am Edited Date/Time 7/30/2022 10:29am
Go find your local shop first.
Spend your money with them first.
Then speak with them about how you can help promote them.
Ya, that model is about dead. At least here in DFW. There were two shops I asked about a "racers discount" for running their stickers on the bike/truck. Was promptly met with "nah, we don't do any type of discounts"

Luckily the shop I ride for (Adventure Moto) is still very focused on the racing community.

DFW Honda wouldn't even throw in a pair of tie downs when I bought a bike from them. 0% chance I would represent their dealership in any capacity nor will I spend another dime there.
motoman998
7/30/2022 10:21am
Go find your local shop first.
Spend your money with them first.
Then speak with them about how you can help promote them.
Ya, that model is about dead. At least here in DFW. There were two shops I asked about a "racers discount" for running their stickers on...
Ya, that model is about dead. At least here in DFW. There were two shops I asked about a "racers discount" for running their stickers on the bike/truck. Was promptly met with "nah, we don't do any type of discounts"

Luckily the shop I ride for (Adventure Moto) is still very focused on the racing community.

DFW Honda wouldn't even throw in a pair of tie downs when I bought a bike from them. 0% chance I would represent their dealership in any capacity nor will I spend another dime there.
It's sad/refreshing/frustrating/*insert similar words* that attempting to gain sponsors through this method isn't working. I'm probably 200 instagram DM's into trying to find local shops, restaurants, businesses to just get some gas money in exchange for doing anything I can to get them a return on their investment, and literally 0 results. Hand written letters, taking my resume in to try and show how I can get them more exposure and customers through racing, absolutely nothing.

I'm sure it's a lot more complicated from their perspective, but if I tell local car dealer "If you sponsor me and I bring you even 1 or 2 car buyers you'll have your investment back", I never get anywhere.

Just have to keep pushing. The only guaranteed way to not have any support is to stop trying, so on we go.
moto469
7/30/2022 12:00pm
How many of you lyin mfers used sponsorhouse 😂
Sponsorhouse was the bees knees

Post a reply to: MXsponsor.com- worth it?

The Latest