MXoN team USA who is getting Fu**ed

8/4/2017 12:06pm
EnvyMedia wrote:
Ofcourse all the other countries have a chance to win. My point was: they have to rely on their top riders which are usually only 2...
Ofcourse all the other countries have a chance to win. My point was: they have to rely on their top riders which are usually only 2 or 3 (except for France). No Herlings? Well The Netherlands would be fucked. No Cairoli? There goes a podium shot for italy. Slovenia? Gajser is basically a one-man-team. No Tomac? Anderson can do the job, or Baggett, or Webb.
Yeah, you're right about this. The US is the largest country in the fray, and (usually) it has the most good riders to choose among. It's pretty simple math. What's been going on in France lately is kind of amazing, though. I don't think the USA could beat them even if they sent a willing A-Team, meaning Tomac/Baggett/Osborne (or something like that).

You hit on a greater point. When the USA does win, some people (somehow) want to declare that "the USA is better than Europe" or "the AMA is better than the FIM." It doesn't tell us any such thing. It's the USA (a big nation) against a fractured European field. The USA should win a lot. And this makes the current French talent pool all the more impressive.

Hman144
Fantasy
713th
8/4/2017 12:46pm
You two should be ashamed of yourselves. Bringing logical arguments and articulate explanation to this thread.

For Shame.
jamma10
8/4/2017 1:41pm
RG1 wrote:
And where does that leave everyone that rides in Europe that hasn't finished the series that they are committed to?
early wrote:
As i posted earlier what series are still running after the end of August? I looked for a minute and had a hard time finding schedules.
Thd Belgium series ends the week after the MXdN, not sure if any others do?

Both main British championship series finish at the end of August.
Plugga
8/4/2017 2:33pm
EnvyMedia wrote:
Ofcourse all the other countries have a chance to win. My point was: they have to rely on their top riders which are usually only 2...
Ofcourse all the other countries have a chance to win. My point was: they have to rely on their top riders which are usually only 2 or 3 (except for France). No Herlings? Well The Netherlands would be fucked. No Cairoli? There goes a podium shot for italy. Slovenia? Gajser is basically a one-man-team. No Tomac? Anderson can do the job, or Baggett, or Webb.
Dead right. We are talking about rider depth here. Only the US and more recently France have it.

The Shop

mxpimp
8/4/2017 3:02pm
mxpimp wrote:
MX1=Dean Wilson MX2=Zach Osborne MX3=Joey Savatgy This team has a chance to win. Or if you want a true American team MX1=Joey Savatgy MX2= Zach Osburne...
MX1=Dean Wilson
MX2=Zach Osborne
MX3=Joey Savatgy

This team has a chance to win.

Or if you want a true American team

MX1=Joey Savatgy
MX2= Zach Osburne
MX3=Adam Cianciarulo
I have no clue if Wilson is an American citizen or not but I just don't see him or Roger making the decision to ride for...
I have no clue if Wilson is an American citizen or not but I just don't see him or Roger making the decision to ride for the US.

And your true American team is baffling. Savatgy against the best MX1 riders in the world? I'd take Craig, J Mart, Seely, AP, or maybe even A Mart over him. Then any of those guys and AC or Savatgy for MX3.
Wilson is not from America, but he still can race for us. Why not Savatgy for MX1? When on, he's on!

We don't have to win MX1, just place well. At this point I'll take the gamble on a young team.
downard254
8/4/2017 3:34pm
Guys, (and gals for those on this site),
There's nothing I'd like to see more than an unproven B team sent in to do battle. No pressure, if you don't win it, no harm as you were the B team, if you win it, then he'll yea, you overcame the odds and the naysayers and pulled it off. I like the team mentioned on page one or two of JMart MX1, ZO16 MX2, and perhaps Plessy in the Open class. I remember last year reading that Aaron was throwing down faster lap times at the test track than Webb was. I really want to see AP on a 450 soon.
Barrzy256
8/4/2017 5:57pm
You know what, I do feel kind of bad for Osbourne. Worked his ass off to get to this position, will probably be supported by third/fourth pick riders
PressPassP
8/5/2017 4:47am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2017 4:50am
Dirt_Dawg wrote:
Tomac has said no 2 years in a row now so he should not be asked for next years US mxon. Its clear the guy doesn't...
Tomac has said no 2 years in a row now so he should not be asked for next years US mxon. Its clear the guy doesn't care for racing in the mxon and representing his country. Lets pick the best team and riders that want to go.

MX2 Osborne
MX1 JMart
MX open Webb ? or seely? peick?
Agreed,the MXdN used to be an event that held so much pride,not just for the riders that were picked to race but on this very message board too.Anderson gets more of a pass imo but others not so much,Zach returning to Europe will mean so to him,I have a lot of sympathy as wish him all the best,watching him at many of the British Championship rounds was a pleasure.

What's the betting riders will be gagging to race the event next year in front of home fans and obviously doesn't involve a couple of plane trips?

Reading through some pretty 2012 MXdN threads,that race changed so much
8/5/2017 7:43am
Mit12 wrote:
Rant alert. Osborn is the one getting Fu**ed by Tomac and Anderson! Osborn has earned the right to be on a winning team and because Tomac...
Rant alert.

Osborn is the one getting Fu**ed by Tomac and Anderson! Osborn has earned the right to be on a winning team and because Tomac and Anderson can not bring themselves to go to ONE more race Osborn has no chance of winning the Chamberlain Trophy! I know that Anderson wants to get the plate taken out of his foot. He would still have plenty of time to have it removed and be ready for the SX season. As for Tomac, he just don't want to race one more race this year! Come on guys its one race, man up!

End of rant!
So Ozborn should feel that he is getting f??kd because he isnt getting the team he might wantl? Damn, sounds like a good way to start a self pitty trip over just about anything if you allow yourself to think like that. Can you imagine that in the post race interview? "They f?:KD me because they fell down and our team didnt get the points!!!! I deserved that trophy!! Where's my sippy cup?"
early
Fantasy
2231st
8/5/2017 7:47am
So Ozborn should feel that he is getting f??kd because he isnt getting the team he might wantl? Damn, sounds like a good way to start...
So Ozborn should feel that he is getting f??kd because he isnt getting the team he might wantl? Damn, sounds like a good way to start a self pitty trip over just about anything if you allow yourself to think like that. Can you imagine that in the post race interview? "They f?:KD me because they fell down and our team didnt get the points!!!! I deserved that trophy!! Where's my sippy cup?"
Osborne never said anything, Mit12 did.
8/5/2017 7:55am
EnvyMedia wrote:
Yeah, you're right about this. The US is the largest country in the fray, and (usually) it has the most good riders to choose among. It's...
Yeah, you're right about this. The US is the largest country in the fray, and (usually) it has the most good riders to choose among. It's pretty simple math. What's been going on in France lately is kind of amazing, though. I don't think the USA could beat them even if they sent a willing A-Team, meaning Tomac/Baggett/Osborne (or something like that).

You hit on a greater point. When the USA does win, some people (somehow) want to declare that "the USA is better than Europe" or "the AMA is better than the FIM." It doesn't tell us any such thing. It's the USA (a big nation) against a fractured European field. The USA should win a lot. And this makes the current French talent pool all the more impressive.

If you think Febvre, Paulin and Ferrandis are better than Tomac, Baggett and Osborne this year then you haven't been watching.
oshow
8/5/2017 9:23am
Mit12 wrote:
Rant alert. Osborn is the one getting Fu**ed by Tomac and Anderson! Osborn has earned the right to be on a winning team and because Tomac...
Rant alert.

Osborn is the one getting Fu**ed by Tomac and Anderson! Osborn has earned the right to be on a winning team and because Tomac and Anderson can not bring themselves to go to ONE more race Osborn has no chance of winning the Chamberlain Trophy! I know that Anderson wants to get the plate taken out of his foot. He would still have plenty of time to have it removed and be ready for the SX season. As for Tomac, he just don't want to race one more race this year! Come on guys its one race, man up!

End of rant!
He can go over and win then.

I'm sure Anderson's foot gives a shit about your opinion
8/5/2017 9:48am
So Ozborn should feel that he is getting f??kd because he isnt getting the team he might wantl? Damn, sounds like a good way to start...
early wrote:
Osborne never said anything, Mit12 did.
Thats right, Mit12 did. Mit 12 suggested Ozborn is getting f??kd. I asked Mit12 after quoting Mit12 if Ozborn should feel like he is getting f??kd and therefore have a chip on his shoulder. I did so sarcasticly because champs like Ozborn tend to look for ways to make good things happen despite the circumstances, like when their bike is smoking and about to blow, they go for it and dont feel like they are getting f??kd. Try and keep up will you?

Whoever goes to the race for the USA will go to ride their ass off and win, and if they dont get the team points they need, they are not likely to feel f??kd because they know there are no gauruntees in racing or in life for that matter.

Post a reply to: MXoN team USA who is getting Fu**ed

The Latest