MXoN team USA who is getting Fu**ed

TommyLee93
8/4/2017 6:22am
Mit12 wrote:
And your statement adds nothing to this post. May be you do not know how to wright anything meaning full?
I'll try to do better. Dizzy
tcallahan707
8/4/2017 6:25am
It's not a terrible idea but I don't understand how J Mart isn't ahead of AP, AC, and JS. I'm sure those dudes can ride a...
It's not a terrible idea but I don't understand how J Mart isn't ahead of AP, AC, and JS. I'm sure those dudes can ride a 450 but I know J Mart can.

Also, Osborne should be on the team.
Ray_MXS wrote:
Yeah if you would go for the best team possible you'd obviously go for Jmart and Osborne but the idea was to send guys for the...
Yeah if you would go for the best team possible you'd obviously go for Jmart and Osborne but the idea was to send guys for the future.
Jmart is already a MXoN veteran and Osborne is hardly a guy to build for the future considering his age.
I'm on board with taking a bunch of 250 guys but we still need to try to win. We aren't like other countries who aren't competitive some years. Build for the future but don't toss away a chance to win. Osborne, J Mart, and any other guy that was mentioned would still be very competitive for the overall.

Also, I'd say getting J Mart 450 experience is building for the future and Osborne can easily help us win for 3 or 4 more years.
PRM31
8/4/2017 6:26am
Mit12 wrote:
Rant alert. Osborn is the one getting Fu**ed by Tomac and Anderson! Osborn has earned the right to be on a winning team and because Tomac...
Rant alert.

Osborn is the one getting Fu**ed by Tomac and Anderson! Osborn has earned the right to be on a winning team and because Tomac and Anderson can not bring themselves to go to ONE more race Osborn has no chance of winning the Chamberlain Trophy! I know that Anderson wants to get the plate taken out of his foot. He would still have plenty of time to have it removed and be ready for the SX season. As for Tomac, he just don't want to race one more race this year! Come on guys its one race, man up!

End of rant!
TommyLee93 wrote:
You are clueless.
Mit12 wrote:
And your statement adds nothing to this post. May be you do not know how to wright anything meaning full?
Says the guy who just demonstrated no knowledge of the English language.
agn5009
8/4/2017 6:41am
Mit12 wrote:
Rant alert. Osborn is the one getting Fu**ed by Tomac and Anderson! Osborn has earned the right to be on a winning team and because Tomac...
Rant alert.

Osborn is the one getting Fu**ed by Tomac and Anderson! Osborn has earned the right to be on a winning team and because Tomac and Anderson can not bring themselves to go to ONE more race Osborn has no chance of winning the Chamberlain Trophy! I know that Anderson wants to get the plate taken out of his foot. He would still have plenty of time to have it removed and be ready for the SX season. As for Tomac, he just don't want to race one more race this year! Come on guys its one race, man up!

End of rant!
mxjon454 wrote:
Anderson can race des nations, or get the plate out of his foot and try to be ready for monster cup where he can rake in...
Anderson can race des nations, or get the plate out of his foot and try to be ready for monster cup where he can rake in some serious coin. IMO we should boycott the race till the FIM moves the date up. For them to hold the race 5 or 6 weeks after our last national is bullshit. The FIM is probably doing it on purpose, knowing that our riders dont want to have to keep riding outdoors for anothsr 5-6 weeks just for 1 race. And monster obviously thinks a USGP os more important then des nations, or tomac and webb wouldn't be obligated to race the USGP.
You are not very intelligent, are you? The race is held at about the same time of the year every year. Look it up rather than just repeating what other dummies say. Everyone involved wants Team USA to be there. The money and interest brought in by them being there is exponentially higher.

Monster is NOT telling Tomac her can't race it. They want him there just as much as anyone. It's the one race that he's not contractually obligated to be at so they can't force him to do it. Tomac is making this decision all on his own.

The Shop

early
Fantasy
2231st
8/4/2017 6:57am
agn5009 wrote:
You are not very intelligent, are you? The race is held at about the same time of the year every year. Look it up rather than...
You are not very intelligent, are you? The race is held at about the same time of the year every year. Look it up rather than just repeating what other dummies say. Everyone involved wants Team USA to be there. The money and interest brought in by them being there is exponentially higher.

Monster is NOT telling Tomac her can't race it. They want him there just as much as anyone. It's the one race that he's not contractually obligated to be at so they can't force him to do it. Tomac is making this decision all on his own.
Its been at the same time and its been a big deal getting top riders to participate. Dungey didnt ride the last 2 years, last year he got hurt at Colorado but was at SMX cup 2 weeks after MXDN. Scheduling problem is not new this year. Move the race to beginning of September and a rider can ride for a team they are leaving at the beginning of October and also have surgery and recover after the race before sx.
agn5009
8/4/2017 7:02am
Plugga wrote:
I'm surprised every year the US doesn't win it.

You guys should be killing it regardless of who you send.
Ray_MXS wrote:
Fanboy much? ;) I'm not saying the US isn't a very good motocross country but the Americans seems to think they can send whatever b-team they...
Fanboy much? Wink

I'm not saying the US isn't a very good motocross country but the Americans seems to think they can send whatever b-team they want and they can win when that's just not the case right now. In the early 2000s USA was so dominant that they could afford to but the MXGP series is so stacked right now that even the best team the US could send would not by any means be a sure win.

You also need to remember that the race is on European ground and the tracks are much different from the US tracks.
EnvyMedia wrote:
Umm... It's kinda true though. France is the only country thats even close to having multiple fast riders to select. MXGP riders alone may be faster...
Umm... It's kinda true though. France is the only country thats even close to having multiple fast riders to select. MXGP riders alone may be faster or at the same level but as a nation it's a whole different story. The top 10 in MXGP have only four riders of the same nation, 2 belgian and 2 french riders. The americans can pick anyone in their top 10 with the exception of Musquin and Ferrandis.. They can pick anyone from Geico, Star, PC as a 250 rider and be competitive.
It's not true. France, Belgium, GB, Switzerland, Netherlands all have great teams that can win. It's more appropriate to say it's surprising when Team USA doesn't podium. A team comprised of Paulin/Febvre/Musquin/Ferrandis/Paturel is very hard for anyone to beat.

robkinuk
8/4/2017 7:05am
Perhaps it was too uncomfortable for Tomac to attend the post race press conference
knowing his scrub crash at Teutschenthal probably cost Team USA the victory?

Poor lad must have been scared for life!BlushDry

Bearuno
8/4/2017 7:14am
Crush wrote:
I don't think they're purposely doing it, but the reality is, the harder it is for USA to go/send/rationalise/justify (however your view frames it), if it...
I don't think they're purposely doing it, but the reality is, the harder it is for USA to go/send/rationalise/justify (however your view frames it), if it comes too it, and the USA doesn't go, the event isn't the same.

It's just not. No argument. Even DV doesn't count 01.

As for scheduling... The claw and SX are probably more the issue. I believe the nationals schedule was recently rejigged in an attempt to give the riders and team personnel more of an off-season. The Monster cup is in a weird time. They could feasibly kill two birds with one stone and bring it close to SX and make the opener a circus show with 17 normal races to follow. Either way, that event is now dictating Eli and other Monster athlete's preferences.
Seems you have bought into "they make it harder for the US Team by changing the dates", bullshit.

Here's what a fellow Australian, Jemcee, put up for dates in the other thread, perhaps you didn't see it :

Jemcee : "After some very quick web searching (Which may have some slight inaccuracies) and mainly cause I was just making sure
2000 Sept 24-25
2001 Sept 29-30
2002 Oct 20-21
2003 Oct 4-5
2004 Oct 2-3
2005 Sept 24-25
2006 Sept 23-24
2007 Sept 22-23
2008 Sept 27-28
2009 Oct 3-4
2010 Sept 25-26
2011 Sept 17-18
2012 Sept 29-30
2013 Sept 28-29
2014 Sept 27-28
2015 Sept 26-27
2016 Sept 24-25
2017 Sept 30- Oct 1

I think you'll find if you want to blame something for your top riders not representing, you'd be better blaming the SX with no whoops that for some reason is in October " End Jemcee quote.

The GPs finish 2 weeks before the MXDN. Yet, many seem to think the GPs should be interupted by the MXDN, to suit the US schedule. But, put it into the US Series, and the squealing would be unending. And, it's almost certain that you'd have No US Team at the MXDN.

The event has been run for decades. If riders and teams don't want to attend, well, it's their decision. It won't fail because of a few select riders, or a team not attending.

Me - I've said it before - Tomac made a decision to do the MEC over the MXDN.

Fair enough, he's a big boy, he signed a contract that obviously gives him some leeway to not do at least one of his Sponsors 'feature events', it's his life.

Others are injured / need operations - fair enough again. Take those that want to do it. It's as simple as that.

Or, not go at all - fair enough too.
mxb2
8/4/2017 7:19am
Mit12 wrote:
Rant alert.

End of rant!
mxjon454 wrote:
Anderson can race des nations, or get the plate out of his foot and try to be ready for monster cup where he can rake in...
Anderson can race des nations, or get the plate out of his foot and try to be ready for monster cup where he can rake in some serious coin. IMO we should boycott the race till the FIM moves the date up. For them to hold the race 5 or 6 weeks after our last national is bullshit. The FIM is probably doing it on purpose, knowing that our riders dont want to have to keep riding outdoors for anothsr 5-6 weeks just for 1 race. And monster obviously thinks a USGP os more important then des nations, or tomac and webb wouldn't be obligated to race the USGP.
agn5009 wrote:
You are not very intelligent, are you? The race is held at about the same time of the year every year. Look it up rather than...

Monster and kawy dictate what Eli races. They sign the checks and make the decisions
tingo
8/4/2017 7:26am
DeStouwer wrote:
Just let Starling, Covington and Sanayei (they're really motivated to be there) ride for USA and make Puerto Rico actually Puerto Rican.
Or just get rid of the Puerto Rican team since Puerto Rico is not a nation. But yeah no for sure, IF they are going to have a team at all, it should be comprised of Puerto Ricans.
agn5009
8/4/2017 7:37am
mxjon454 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
Monster and kawy dictate what Eli races. They sign the checks and make the decisions
They don't put it into his contract like the USGP and monster cup. If Eli told monster/kawi he wanted to race the MXDN I'm sure they would be more than happy to accommodate. Again, Eli is making this decision on his own
DP#201
8/4/2017 7:41am
IceMan446 wrote:
Take the Monster Cup out of it, still a month after our series which is stupid. Has to be some compromise made especially for the team...
Take the Monster Cup out of it, still a month after our series which is stupid.

Has to be some compromise made especially for the team who has had the least amount of events than any other team and is the biggest draw of the event.
So you are saying that Luongo should take all national series into account before setting the date for MXdN? Come on, it's a national serie with like 12 rounds. Dunno how the Australian series is run, but I guess it's not perfect for them either!

The world can't always align with you and your plans.. Man up and show up if you want to win it!
mxb2
8/4/2017 7:45am
agn5009 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
They don't put it into his contract like the USGP and monster cup. If Eli told monster/kawi he wanted to race the MXDN I'm sure they...
They don't put it into his contract like the USGP and monster cup. If Eli told monster/kawi he wanted to race the MXDN I'm sure they would be more than happy to accommodate. Again, Eli is making this decision on his own
I don't have access to his contract,. Whoever cuts the check. Makes the decision. Kenny got hurt in a one off race,. Mec, maybe Eli chose to ride what he is contracted for and not risk injury.
early
Fantasy
2231st
8/4/2017 7:45am
DP#201 wrote:
So you are saying that Luongo should take all national series into account before setting the date for MXdN? Come on, it's a national serie with...
So you are saying that Luongo should take all national series into account before setting the date for MXdN? Come on, it's a national serie with like 12 rounds. Dunno how the Australian series is run, but I guess it's not perfect for them either!

The world can't always align with you and your plans.. Man up and show up if you want to win it!
Take into account the series with the riders that matter.
8/4/2017 7:52am
If the US was on a 5 year winning streak instead of a 5 year losing streak, all the riders would be tripping over each other trying to get to the front of the line to tell Decoster why they should be they ones going.
DP#201
8/4/2017 7:53am
DP#201 wrote:
So you are saying that Luongo should take all national series into account before setting the date for MXdN? Come on, it's a national serie with...

early wrote:
Take into account the series with the riders that matter.
I shouldn't take this bait..

And i won't... There are so much wrong with what you just said there.
early
Fantasy
2231st
8/4/2017 8:04am Edited Date/Time 8/4/2017 8:15am
DP#201 wrote:
I shouldn't take this bait..

And i won't... There are so much wrong with what you just said there.
Not bait, truth.

Edit: mxdn in the middle of Australian SX series. Are there any major national mx series that are not done by the end of August?
mauidex
8/4/2017 8:09am
mxb2 wrote:
I don't have access to his contract,. Whoever cuts the check. Makes the decision. Kenny got hurt in a one off race,. Mec, maybe Eli chose...
I don't have access to his contract,. Whoever cuts the check. Makes the decision. Kenny got hurt in a one off race,. Mec, maybe Eli chose to ride what he is contracted for and not risk injury.
A2 wasn't a one off raceWhistlingWhistling
mxpimp
8/4/2017 8:12am
MX1=Dean Wilson
MX2=Zach Osborne
MX3=Joey Savatgy

This team has a chance to win.

Or if you want a true American team

MX1=Joey Savatgy
MX2= Zach Osburne
MX3=Adam Cianciarulo
mxb2
8/4/2017 8:18am
mxb2 wrote:
I don't have access to his contract,. Whoever cuts the check. Makes the decision. Kenny got hurt in a one off race,. Mec, maybe Eli chose...
mauidex wrote:
A2 wasn't a one off raceWhistlingWhistling
I meant risking injury on a non contracted race.
Yep
8/4/2017 8:19am
If the US was on a 5 year winning streak instead of a 5 year losing streak, all the riders would be tripping over each other...
If the US was on a 5 year winning streak instead of a 5 year losing streak, all the riders would be tripping over each other trying to get to the front of the line to tell Decoster why they should be they ones going.
This
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
8/4/2017 9:01am
If the US was on a 5 year winning streak instead of a 5 year losing streak, all the riders would be tripping over each other...
Yep wrote:
This
Wrong after 11 straight wins they were tripping over themselves not to attend the event.
8/4/2017 9:23am
agn5009 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
They don't put it into his contract like the USGP and monster cup. If Eli told monster/kawi he wanted to race the MXDN I'm sure they...
And you know this how exactly?

Care to elaborate?

RG1
8/4/2017 9:54am
agn5009 wrote:

early wrote:
Its been at the same time and its been a big deal getting top riders to participate. Dungey didnt ride the last 2 years, last year...
Its been at the same time and its been a big deal getting top riders to participate. Dungey didnt ride the last 2 years, last year he got hurt at Colorado but was at SMX cup 2 weeks after MXDN. Scheduling problem is not new this year. Move the race to beginning of September and a rider can ride for a team they are leaving at the beginning of October and also have surgery and recover after the race before sx.
And where does that leave everyone that rides in Europe that hasn't finished the series that they are committed to?
8/4/2017 11:03am
Choose to go to some foreign country purely based on "pride" or be one of very few with the potential to win a million dollars. But yet there's a 20 page thread about Tomac not going.. seems like a no brainer to me.
early
Fantasy
2231st
8/4/2017 11:07am
RG1 wrote:
And where does that leave everyone that rides in Europe that hasn't finished the series that they are committed to?
As i posted earlier what series are still running after the end of August? I looked for a minute and had a hard time finding schedules.
tcallahan707
8/4/2017 11:17am
mxpimp wrote:
MX1=Dean Wilson MX2=Zach Osborne MX3=Joey Savatgy This team has a chance to win. Or if you want a true American team MX1=Joey Savatgy MX2= Zach Osburne...
MX1=Dean Wilson
MX2=Zach Osborne
MX3=Joey Savatgy

This team has a chance to win.

Or if you want a true American team

MX1=Joey Savatgy
MX2= Zach Osburne
MX3=Adam Cianciarulo
I have no clue if Wilson is an American citizen or not but I just don't see him or Roger making the decision to ride for the US.

And your true American team is baffling. Savatgy against the best MX1 riders in the world? I'd take Craig, J Mart, Seely, AP, or maybe even A Mart over him. Then any of those guys and AC or Savatgy for MX3.
8/4/2017 11:32am
Ray_MXS wrote:
Fanboy much? ;) I'm not saying the US isn't a very good motocross country but the Americans seems to think they can send whatever b-team they...
Fanboy much? Wink

I'm not saying the US isn't a very good motocross country but the Americans seems to think they can send whatever b-team they want and they can win when that's just not the case right now. In the early 2000s USA was so dominant that they could afford to but the MXGP series is so stacked right now that even the best team the US could send would not by any means be a sure win.

You also need to remember that the race is on European ground and the tracks are much different from the US tracks.
EnvyMedia wrote:
Umm... It's kinda true though. France is the only country thats even close to having multiple fast riders to select. MXGP riders alone may be faster...
Umm... It's kinda true though. France is the only country thats even close to having multiple fast riders to select. MXGP riders alone may be faster or at the same level but as a nation it's a whole different story. The top 10 in MXGP have only four riders of the same nation, 2 belgian and 2 french riders. The americans can pick anyone in their top 10 with the exception of Musquin and Ferrandis.. They can pick anyone from Geico, Star, PC as a 250 rider and be competitive.
agn5009 wrote:
It's not true. France, Belgium, GB, Switzerland, Netherlands all have great teams that can win. It's more appropriate to say it's surprising when Team USA doesn't...
It's not true. France, Belgium, GB, Switzerland, Netherlands all have great teams that can win. It's more appropriate to say it's surprising when Team USA doesn't podium. A team comprised of Paulin/Febvre/Musquin/Ferrandis/Paturel is very hard for anyone to beat.

Ofcourse all the other countries have a chance to win. My point was: they have to rely on their top riders which are usually only 2 or 3 (except for France). No Herlings? Well The Netherlands would be fucked. No Cairoli? There goes a podium shot for italy. Slovenia? Gajser is basically a one-man-team. No Tomac? Anderson can do the job, or Baggett, or Webb.
Mit12
8/4/2017 11:47am
TommyLee93 wrote:
You are clueless.
Mit12 wrote:
PRM31 wrote:
Says the guy who just demonstrated no knowledge of the English language.
Thanks for your addition to this post. Hope you have more to say.

Post a reply to: MXoN team USA who is getting Fu**ed

The Latest