MXoN - Team Australia: Full Factory HRC?

deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
Edited Date/Time 8/10/2022 8:16pm

Very well could be a full factory HRC Team for Australia and with some good luck for once, Team Australia has a chance to Crack a podium once again!

Hunter Lawrence racing the 250 and knowing how well he performs during MXoN, It gives a lot of confidence for us aussie knowing we have a strong 250 rider.

Mitch Evans racing MXGP and when healthy is a consistent top 10 rider in MXGP, Top 5 finishes in previous years on MXoN it puts us in a good spot and gives us some experience within the team.

Jett Lawrence.. 1st ever 450 race and its on a world stage against the worlds best. I dont think any one expects him to put in an amazing result.. But also wouldnt be suprised if he come through with something. The kids a talented and all eyes on the young kid. Crazy part is this will be his first ever MXoN appareance for the Green & Gold!

All in all, Im curious to see where every one expect Australia to finish and what results each rider puts in?
Are we a podium threat? Is there other riders who deserve the spot?

|
J. Sloan
7/28/2022 8:56pm
Crack a podium? I think your team has a good chance at the top spot with Jett and Hunter. I'm rooting for Team U.S.A. along with Team Australia because it would be a first for another country to take the top spot. Ryan Dungey was a 250 rider in 2009, and won the 450 class at the MXdN. No way I will underestimate Jett just because he's on the bigger bike. He'll rise to the top, in my opinion.

tobz
7/28/2022 9:00pm
I’m scared of this.
I’m purposely keeping my expectations low. We’ve gone with great teams before and have just had heartbreaking terrible days.

Here’s hoping all 3 stay off the ground and free of bike troubles Pinch everything else will work itself out Woohoo
Sully
7/28/2022 9:07pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2022 11:13pm
I hate to agree with Sloan, but he's right, you guys have the most legit shot at the top step you've had in years. I think it's a toss up between the US, Australia and The Netherlands for the overall.

As far as Jett's first 450 ride, I wouldn't be surprised to see him finish in 5th - 10th, and I'd be equally as unsurprised to see him go out and win the entire thing.
jemcee
7/28/2022 9:14pm
tobz wrote:
I’m scared of this. I’m purposely keeping my expectations low. We’ve gone with great teams before and have just had heartbreaking terrible days. Here’s hoping all...
I’m scared of this.
I’m purposely keeping my expectations low. We’ve gone with great teams before and have just had heartbreaking terrible days.

Here’s hoping all 3 stay off the ground and free of bike troubles Pinch everything else will work itself out Woohoo
Haha I'm right there with ya! It's the promise that hurts the most when something shit happens haha

I'm a bundle of nerves before that last moto at the best of times

The Shop

MKMX
7/28/2022 9:42pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2022 2:32am
Fingers crossed Mitch Evans keeps it on two wheels - he’s had bloody horrible luck the last couple of seasons. This could be THE year for the Aussies!
7/28/2022 9:50pm
On paper USA look odds on, AUS next, who cares the rest! Sorry I’d like to see a miracle and the sheep-shaggers grab third.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
7/28/2022 9:57pm
On paper USA look odds on, AUS next, who cares the rest! Sorry I’d like to see a miracle and the sheep-shaggers grab third.
USA on paper doesnt give me confidence. tomac and sexton yes.. But the 250 department scares me and the 250 is what can win or lose the overall
ML512
Fantasy
45th
7/28/2022 9:58pm
Best part, the Lawrences and Evans will all be pitted together under Honda’s amateur support semi. Have their own space to work together. I’d say their chances are right up there with France, USA, Netherlands…etc
Bruce372
7/28/2022 10:16pm
If Jett wins the championship one round early, does he race the 450 at the last national?
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
7/28/2022 10:20pm
ML512 wrote:
Best part, the Lawrences and Evans will all be pitted together under Honda’s amateur support semi. Have their own space to work together. I’d say their...
Best part, the Lawrences and Evans will all be pitted together under Honda’s amateur support semi. Have their own space to work together. I’d say their chances are right up there with France, USA, Netherlands…etc
Id love to see the spy pics of Evens bike. Them HRC GP bikes are a work of art.
Be interesting to know the inside goss on settings and set ups the GP guys have to help Jett with his transition.
Sully
7/28/2022 11:15pm
ML512 wrote:
Best part, the Lawrences and Evans will all be pitted together under Honda’s amateur support semi. Have their own space to work together. I’d say their...
Has France announced their team yet? I know it'll be Febvre and Vialle, but who will be the third guy? Ferrandis?
Zack981
7/28/2022 11:43pm
ML512 wrote:
Sully wrote:
Has France announced their team yet? I know it'll be Febvre and Vialle, but who will be the third guy? Ferrandis?
I’m guessing Renaux.
J. Sloan
7/28/2022 11:49pm
"I hate to agree with Sloan, but he's right"

Congratulations, you just swallowed the red pill.
7/28/2022 11:53pm
Very well could be a full factory HRC Team for Australia and with some good luck for once, Team Australia has a chance to Crack a...

Very well could be a full factory HRC Team for Australia and with some good luck for once, Team Australia has a chance to Crack a podium once again!

Hunter Lawrence racing the 250 and knowing how well he performs during MXoN, It gives a lot of confidence for us aussie knowing we have a strong 250 rider.

Mitch Evans racing MXGP and when healthy is a consistent top 10 rider in MXGP, Top 5 finishes in previous years on MXoN it puts us in a good spot and gives us some experience within the team.

Jett Lawrence.. 1st ever 450 race and its on a world stage against the worlds best. I dont think any one expects him to put in an amazing result.. But also wouldnt be suprised if he come through with something. The kids a talented and all eyes on the young kid. Crazy part is this will be his first ever MXoN appareance for the Green & Gold!

All in all, Im curious to see where every one expect Australia to finish and what results each rider puts in?
Are we a podium threat? Is there other riders who deserve the spot?

Love this post mate 👍 I’m excited to see what happens this year at MXON what to you think of Luke clout or Aaron tanti? They are also both awesome riders. But I think you are on the money with the riders you have said. I truly believe Jett will be using this race to gauge his level on the big bike but as you said with the amount of talent he has anything is possible. I feel a podium is coming for the Aussies and as long as we stay on two wheels we will be in the mix. Can’t wait to see Hunter as well his MXON riding has always been solid and being at red budd will also play into the strength of the Lawrence’s. I think this years MXON will be a great one as the talent pool is so deep! Cannot wait! Go 🇦🇺 !!!
7/28/2022 11:58pm
USA on paper doesnt give me confidence. tomac and sexton yes.. But the 250 department scares me and the 250 is what can win or lose...
USA on paper doesnt give me confidence. tomac and sexton yes.. But the 250 department scares me and the 250 is what can win or lose the overall
I’d like to see Christian Craig get a shot he’s been ripping on that 450 but hey Justin cooper seems like he’s back on track with he’s performance at washougal I mean who else are they going to get RJ ? Lol I mean as long as he gets through one moto without crashing they can scrap he’s other one if he wrecks but I dunno or really care I want the aussies winning 😂
7/29/2022 12:03am
J. Sloan wrote:
Crack a podium? I think your team has a good chance at the top spot with Jett and Hunter. I'm rooting for Team U.S.A. along with...
Crack a podium? I think your team has a good chance at the top spot with Jett and Hunter. I'm rooting for Team U.S.A. along with Team Australia because it would be a first for another country to take the top spot. Ryan Dungey was a 250 rider in 2009, and won the 450 class at the MXdN. No way I will underestimate Jett just because he's on the bigger bike. He'll rise to the top, in my opinion.

If team Australia win every Aussie in the moto community will go clean out every bottle shop in there area and party for a week. Or maybe that will just be me 😂
Wil Denis
7/29/2022 12:07am
Is Mitch Evans the confirmed 3rd rider ?

I think Dean Ferris would make a great 3rd rider.
Even atm his winning Mx1 motos in Australia.
He has raced in America and MXON, he won’t get over whelmed by the occasion.
Also races a Honda, & through The Lawrence’s and HRC, plus Yarriv K, could have a very good bike over there.
He will make a great anchor for Australia, very experienced racer, he has nothing to prove he will be team first and get the job done.

jemcee
7/29/2022 12:25am
Wil Denis wrote:
Is Mitch Evans the confirmed 3rd rider ? I think Dean Ferris would make a great 3rd rider. Even atm his winning Mx1 motos in Australia...
Is Mitch Evans the confirmed 3rd rider ?

I think Dean Ferris would make a great 3rd rider.
Even atm his winning Mx1 motos in Australia.
He has raced in America and MXON, he won’t get over whelmed by the occasion.
Also races a Honda, & through The Lawrence’s and HRC, plus Yarriv K, could have a very good bike over there.
He will make a great anchor for Australia, very experienced racer, he has nothing to prove he will be team first and get the job done.

I think Ferris and Waters have pretty much pulled out of des Nations contention and leaving it for the younger kids to experience.. Depending on how Mitch is feeling after his crash at Lommel I think he should definitely be the guy he's been a pretty consistent 6th place guy lately and I don't think anyone else would beat that
Motofinne
7/29/2022 1:22am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2022 1:22am
ML512 wrote:
Sully wrote:
What i have heard is that it will be Renaux, Vialle and then either Febvre or Ferrandis.
7/29/2022 3:28am
tobz wrote:
I’m scared of this. I’m purposely keeping my expectations low. We’ve gone with great teams before and have just had heartbreaking terrible days. Here’s hoping all...
I’m scared of this.

You have to like your chances. I see Jett as a special rider who rises to the occasion. We could see an all time ride from him. Look at his Red Bud riding this year too, by the way. Would have won the first moto, if not for a dnf. Then he yarded the field by 20sec without even getting the start 2nd moto. Aussie team is scary this year
7/29/2022 3:55am
ML512 wrote:
Sully wrote:
No Vialle for France
RG1
7/29/2022 4:45am
ML512 wrote:
Sully wrote:
No Vialle for France
If that’s true, Renaux on a 250 with Febvre and Ferrandis is a ridiculously good team. Something tells me that Renaux won’t want to drop back down though
RG1
7/29/2022 4:51am
Australia is a strong favourite this year. They will have probably the best guy in the MX2 class and one of the best guys in MX1. Mitch Evans is riding great at the moment, but he seems to crash a lot. So remains to be seen if he can A) stay in one piece until the event, Cool hold it together enough on the day to back up the Lawrence brothers
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
7/29/2022 5:04am
Sully wrote:
No Vialle for France
RG1 wrote:
If that’s true, Renaux on a 250 with Febvre and Ferrandis is a ridiculously good team. Something tells me that Renaux won’t want to drop back...
If that’s true, Renaux on a 250 with Febvre and Ferrandis is a ridiculously good team. Something tells me that Renaux won’t want to drop back down though
Or Benistant. He hasn't been far off Vialle's pace on hardpack recently
bowl
7/29/2022 6:29am
France bat deep , could easily win again.
CPR
7/29/2022 7:05am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2022 7:32am
I’m so looking forward to this year’s MXdN for many reasons, but I think it’s probably Team Oz’s best chance to win, ever. I’ll actually be disappointed with anything less than a podium.

I see Jett on a 450 as our biggest variable/ unknown.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
7/29/2022 7:06am
Of course I'll be rooting for USA, but if Australia wins, could you imagine the party?

Post a reply to: MXoN - Team Australia: Full Factory HRC?

The Latest