MXoN Red Bud advice please

Mucktub
2/7/2018 3:49pm
My mates and I are looking at making the usual pilgrimage to the Nation's and looking at booking everything soon.

What's your opinion on the best areas to stay? We would rather be within 30 mins of the track.
Should we consider hiring an RV and staying at the track?
We're all in our 40's, not necessarily bothered about full on night clubs, but we like a decent booze and enjoying our selves.
Give me your thoughts.
|
Frank
2/7/2018 4:09pm
Strongly recommend staying at the track. Loads more fun and you won't be fighting the daily lines to park and leave. Red Bud is the best track on the National circuit for camping.
MudPup545
2/7/2018 5:08pm
Holiday Inn Express in Niles. Decent hotel, close to restaurants and shopping for the stuff you forget to pack.
wiggins419
2/7/2018 6:17pm
If you want the full Redbud experience stay at the track. Some of my best memories at that place have been after hours.

The Shop

Chains
2/7/2018 8:02pm
I agree, stay at the track.
hyler199
2/7/2018 11:49pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2018 11:50pm
We rented @ the Motel 6 in South Bend (16.3 miles) for the weekend and sunday night. The population is a lot higher there than Niles and we have lots of places to eat and drink near by. We plan on staying at the track as late as possible on Fri & Sat though. Definately interested in what this thread has to say though
ehr400
2/8/2018 3:29am
Stay in Niles if there are any openings because convienence factor. If that fills up South Bend isnt much farther away. However to get the whole experience staying at the track is the way to go.
sixfiftythree
Fantasy
61st
2/8/2018 7:45am
You have to stay at the track! We will have a group coming from Ontario, Canada. This will be our third MXDN and we always rent an RV and stay at the track. I would recommend staying in Lot A and visiting lot B for beers and fun! We rented an rv from Krenek RV just 30 miles north of the track. Hope to see you there! We will probably have Canadian flags hanging from the rv, stop in for a beer!
Mucktub
2/8/2018 4:00pm
Thanks for the input, I agree with staying at the track to soak up the atmosphere and have beers with the international moto crowd if possible. Although we also had fantastic weekends in Latvia and Italy (Maggiora) when we stayed in hotels.

We could do with an RV rental company who is reasonably close to O'Hare airport or one that will allow us to pick up and drop off at the airport.

Niles or South bend, I'll look at vacancies in these areas also. You guys best put on a good show, you're going to have to go balls out to match the French and Italian fans when their on home soil.
2/8/2018 6:13pm
If you are getting hotels you better hurry. I got two rooms just the other day and it was starting to be slim pickins and the prices are going up.
oldandslow1
2/8/2018 6:53pm
if you decide to camp i recommend getting your spot asap, best spots already sold out. plenty of good spots left but probably not for long
Canadad
2/9/2018 6:39am
You have to stay at the track! We will have a group coming from Ontario, Canada. This will be our third MXDN and we always rent...
You have to stay at the track! We will have a group coming from Ontario, Canada. This will be our third MXDN and we always rent an RV and stay at the track. I would recommend staying in Lot A and visiting lot B for beers and fun! We rented an rv from Krenek RV just 30 miles north of the track. Hope to see you there! We will probably have Canadian flags hanging from the rv, stop in for a beer!
Coming from Ontario also with an RV and looking for some tips. I have been to the Red Bud national several times so familiar with the track, just never camped there. I hear crazy stories of partying going on at night and if it ain't tied down in your pit it will likely end up in the fire!! Is Lot A the family section and Lot B the party spot? Any help would be appreciated....btw I am looking for the family spot!
vosser130
2/9/2018 7:22am
Definitely stay at the track, in one of the A lots. You get a great experience and can watch the crazies. B lot is good for one year if you are 18 and can handle a week long hangover.
hyler199
2/9/2018 11:26am
You have to stay at the track! We will have a group coming from Ontario, Canada. This will be our third MXDN and we always rent...
Canadad wrote:
Coming from Ontario also with an RV and looking for some tips. I have been to the Red Bud national several times so familiar with the...
Coming from Ontario also with an RV and looking for some tips. I have been to the Red Bud national several times so familiar with the track, just never camped there. I hear crazy stories of partying going on at night and if it ain't tied down in your pit it will likely end up in the fire!! Is Lot A the family section and Lot B the party spot? Any help would be appreciated....btw I am looking for the family spot!
Everything youre saying about lot B is correct. I wouldnt stay at lot b overnight just because when i want to sleep, i want to sleep haha. Set your stuff up far far away and just walk over when its time to party haha.

None of the guys im going with have never been to a US National, let alone MXON so we are pumped. Although we are staying in a motel we do plan on staying at the track as late as possible.
Looks like you, sixfiftythree, and I are all comin down with a group from Ontario.
I just reached out to sixfiftythree to introduce myself on instagram and we have a few friends in common so thats cool. Cheers!

jpfiester82
Fantasy
33rd
2/9/2018 11:53am
We stayed in lot B this year for the national. Its not as bad as some make it out to be and I'm turning into an old bitchy man. We were pretty close to the entrance of the lot but the spot was perfect on the hill. The best part was watching all of the kids sneaking under the fence to get in, like the Mexican border. We could look out over most all of the lot and just follow the mobs or flashing lights to see what we wanted to check out. Definitely one of the best trips I have had there. My wife was a little curious on why I had a lot B sticker on the window of the truck when I got home though. Plan on staying in lot B for the national and MXON.
three9zero
2/9/2018 12:11pm Edited Date/Time 2/9/2018 12:13pm
I'd rent an RV, golf cart, buy like 50 beer for each person with you, and fireworks, 3 or 4 large coolers, a shit load of ice..., also get a cheap portable BBQ, lots of hot dogs/burgers, buns, chips, munchies, etc. Hopefully hook up with a local who can score you some good weed. Also get some Gatoraide and ibuprofin for hang overs. 100% stay on the grounds and party your ass off. YOLO. It's been a decade since I've gone as I live out west, but those were really good times. I'd get into the beer the 2nd we crossed the US border, and finish my last beer before getting into the Van to head back to Canada. Red Bud is AWESOME.
Jterry
2/9/2018 1:26pm
Coming up from Alabama and we are staying at the track in our toy hauler. Does anyone know if they will have amateur day? If not I'll find somewhere else to ride the day before.
vosser130
2/9/2018 2:20pm
Jterry wrote:
Coming up from Alabama and we are staying at the track in our toy hauler. Does anyone know if they will have amateur day? If not...
Coming up from Alabama and we are staying at the track in our toy hauler. Does anyone know if they will have amateur day? If not I'll find somewhere else to ride the day before.
Website says no amateur racing. Martin MX is a great track to the north of Red Bud and (usually) has open practice on Wednesdays.

Post a reply to: MXoN Red Bud advice please

The Latest