MXoN - Maggiora, Italy - Bench Racing: The Motos

Gukamonster
9/25/2016 8:59am
brewrabb wrote:
Kaven Benoit 6th in class - whooooot!
three9zero wrote:
I think we have seen the changing of the guard for the king of Canadian motocross. Killer starts and holding his own out there. He battled...
I think we have seen the changing of the guard for the king of Canadian motocross. Killer starts and holding his own out there. He battled some of the best riders in the world today and killed it. Only JSR and the Rollerball have done that. Why did Colton and Cole not ride for our country ?
Benoit was damn good, he had been stepping it uup the last few CDN nationals also. Fat Yotes has a baby coming I think and Cole Thompson was contracted to race in Costa Rica by a team down there he also rides for.
YamahaJT1
9/25/2016 9:01am
ocscottie wrote:
Thanks all for a great weekend of bench racing, damn that was intense!!!!! Next stop, MEC? or is the Straight Rhythm before that? Either way, we...
Thanks all for a great weekend of bench racing, damn that was intense!!!!!

Next stop, MEC? or is the Straight Rhythm before that? Either way, we are here for every event.

Time for breakfast and try to stay awake watching football today.

Did anyone else pull all nighters both days for this event? Im gonna be so thrashed the next couple days, lots of sleep to catch up on.
EST dude here...

Watched the qualifiers live yesterday...

I rode for about 4 hours yesterday, went to a pig roast/skin fry, drank a lot of beer.

Got home at about 3am. Left the bike in the truck, and came to on my couch at 6:30am.

Cracked a Bud Light and joined the thread. Moto is hard Smile

Time for a nap? Nope. Gotta unload/clean the bike and keep on keepin' on.

plowboy
9/25/2016 9:02am
ocscottie wrote:
ohhh check out this pic, imagine what is going through Coopers head..... Anderson won't be racing this race. @cooperwebb2 will fly the flag for the USA...
ohhh check out this pic, imagine what is going through Coopers head.....

Your mission Mr. Webb is damn near impossible. This message will self destruction in 5, 4,....

The Shop

three9zero
9/25/2016 9:08am
brewrabb wrote:
three9zero wrote:
I think we have seen the changing of the guard for the king of Canadian motocross. Killer starts and holding his own out there. He battled...
I think we have seen the changing of the guard for the king of Canadian motocross. Killer starts and holding his own out there. He battled some of the best riders in the world today and killed it. Only JSR and the Rollerball have done that. Why did Colton and Cole not ride for our country ?
Benoit was damn good, he had been stepping it uup the last few CDN nationals also. Fat Yotes has a baby coming I think and Cole...
Benoit was damn good, he had been stepping it uup the last few CDN nationals also. Fat Yotes has a baby coming I think and Cole Thompson was contracted to race in Costa Rica by a team down there he also rides for.
I think being around Davi this summer has brought Kaven's confidence up a notch. Man if we could have had Colton and Cole there I'm thinking top 10 was possible. I forgot that Colton and Jocelyn we having another little one, sounds like Cole has picked up a pretty cool off season gig down there, Costa Rica is amazing, I was down there for 2 weeks this summer.
ocscottie
9/25/2016 9:10am
UNBELIEVABLE! Stuart Edmonds mxon helmet has been stolen!! Keep all eyes peeled please

greg570
9/25/2016 9:16am
Usa only had 1 podium finish out of 3 races...and still almost won....strange world...
9/25/2016 9:16am
Wow just WOW this has been one of the craziest MXON's I've seen.
Congratz to France on there 3th straight MXON win

Damn those Dutches sure surprised me they were winning until the last lap

USA man can it get any worse they have been true some real diversity this weekend and have made me jump up and down on my seat all weekend long Webb's tip over cost them the W and by saying that it just shows how strong this team really was with Ando out of it in the 3th moto HUGE CONGRATS to all of them as they showed some true grit and heart

Belgium missed a 3th high level rider JVH was an absolute beast, Strijbos was Strijbos consistent and smart, Van Doninck very good kid and for sure can ride a bike but its just to much to soon for him he's in his 2nd PRO year and stepped up to the 450 for this event.

Next year in Glen Helen we just need to sort out who is getting 2nd because all euro's r going to play catch up all weekend long. Only Herlings can run that speed stateside if he is healthy.

Germany could field a strong team next year because its in the USA so i assume that Kenny is gonna ride it just because he's living there, Iff he's not taken on the USA Nationality by then off course

People i missed this race
Tonkov , Jonas, Ferrandis, Hsu, Gajser , Desalle

PressPassP
9/25/2016 9:45am
PressPassP wrote:
Incredible race,down to the wire yet again!

Herlings mistake trying get Anderson actually cost them the win
Jasper125 wrote:
How can you think that?? If Herlings would've won Anderson would not have rolled the finish jump celebrating and would not have been hurt that would...
How can you think that?? If Herlings would've won Anderson would not have rolled the finish jump celebrating and would not have been hurt that would have changed the whole race so nobody knows what would have happend in that situation.

So would'a should'a could'a it is what it is....
Hey calm down I'm just saying,of course it would,like a ton of posts on here,yet again the whole weekend was another nail biter, anything can happen and often does.
YamahaJT1
9/25/2016 10:18am
An American on home soil is usually in a different league. Certainly at GH.
And the U.S.A. has taken the rest of the field/planet to task how many times regardless of location?

Y'all got a gift in Italy this weekend. Freak incident. Savor it.
YamahaJT1
9/25/2016 10:28am
Park Boys wrote:
If MM25 is there this race is not close.
I agree... While he'll never win another title in the U.S.A. since rising into the 450's he would have been a nail in the heart.
kongols
9/25/2016 10:34am
YamahaJT1 wrote:
And the U.S.A. has taken the rest of the field/planet to task how many times regardless of location? Y'all got a gift in Italy this weekend...
And the U.S.A. has taken the rest of the field/planet to task how many times regardless of location?

I was in Italy in 2009. USA got a major gift there. This was paying back the debt, lol.
Adam43
9/25/2016 10:48am
Park Boys wrote:
If MM25 is there this race is not close.
Agreed.

I have been a huge fan of Paulin, on the Kawi he was the best rider in the world on a given day. He has been completely uninspired on the Honda. He blew it for France today, Cooper gave them a gift.

With Marvin this wouldn't have been close.
St Ann More
9/25/2016 11:03am
To Mac should have attended THIS Monster event
Tomac has been a 6th place moto finisher on average in the MXdN, wouldn't have mattered!
PressPassP
9/25/2016 11:03am
YamahaJT1 wrote:
And the U.S.A. has taken the rest of the field/planet to task how many times regardless of location? Y'all got a gift in Italy this weekend...

kongols wrote:
I was in Italy in 2009. USA got a major gift there. This was paying back the debt, lol.
They were both racing incidents,always a shame what might have been.

You could say the first US race win for years was a gift from Herlings,luck swings both ways as does racing on different sides of the pond
ATKpilot99
9/25/2016 11:10am
Tomac has been a 6th place moto finisher on average in the MXdN, wouldn't have mattered!
Congrats on your team's 7th place finish....Pretty damn good considering.
YamahaJT1
9/25/2016 11:19am
Fair Play...

Transitive Property resignation to doom isn't valid.

I saw him live three times this year and I wager I am keen in the eye. Current. You know what happened recently.

Trust when we folks say "EEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIII".

I'd take Tomac over Webb and Anderson at present. Obvious to the casual observer.

Can't wait until 2017 outdoors.
Sideways
9/25/2016 12:57pm
Adam43 wrote:
Agreed. I have been a huge fan of Paulin, on the Kawi he was the best rider in the world on a given day. He has...
Agreed.

I have been a huge fan of Paulin, on the Kawi he was the best rider in the world on a given day. He has been completely uninspired on the Honda. He blew it for France today, Cooper gave them a gift.

With Marvin this wouldn't have been close.
He blew it for france? He came in 3rd place in one moto. His last moto was not great because he crashed. But they can take that moto out.

All this talk about this talk that webb cost the us the win. Febvre would most likely have passed him and also passed searle (which he did) and france would have won anyway. This was by far the most exciting mxon i can remember seeing. Great effort by all the top 3 teams. Soooo close! Holland lost the win with like 5 corners to go. Insane!
rutsmash
9/25/2016 1:05pm
Webb will walk his life with that mistake it will haunt him forever
Let's hope not because he didn't kill anyone and who knows what successes will wipe this moment away.
rutsmash
9/25/2016 1:11pm
RandyS wrote:
Looks to me like the one who blew it was Herlings.
Good point, if that was the last race, that would be the talk.
curmudgeon
9/25/2016 2:14pm
brewrabb wrote:
Impressive ride indeed. Glad to have something to really cheer for in the finals than just being an observer.

Post a reply to: MXoN - Maggiora, Italy - Bench Racing: The Motos

The Latest