MXoN Drama - A possible fix?

8/7/2017 1:04pm
struth wrote:
Or just have bigger break between end of AMA sx n start of AMA mx season.

Give the teams so more time to test for outdoors...
I've always wondered what's the rush getting from SX to MX so quickly. Add another week or two for teams and riders to catch a breath and getvready for the outdoors, I doubt they would mind.

Then have someone tell Luongo to shorten his calendar with a week or two, shouldn't be too hard to make happen.

And oh my word look, then the two series would wrap up at the same time! We could have the MXoN the week after the conclusion of both series! Yayyy!
TDeath21
8/7/2017 1:04pm
TDeath21 wrote:
In the grand scheme of things, yes. They're both in the same time zone and they're both fly away races. The time zone is a big...
In the grand scheme of things, yes. They're both in the same time zone and they're both fly away races. The time zone is a big part of it. Traveling north and south is much easier than east to west. Having an extra week off between those two would complicate travel I'd think. Do they come home during that time or stay over in the Americas?
ayearinmx wrote:
ok, so you have obviously never had to fly from Bariloche to Leon.... there aren't any direct flights, in fact, i don't think even think you...
ok, so you have obviously never had to fly from Bariloche to Leon.... there aren't any direct flights, in fact, i don't think even think you can do it in 1-stop. It's usually Bariloche-Buenos Aires-USA-Leon.... and there is usually complications getting out of Bariloche because it's a small airport. Plus you have the extra PITA due to landing in the US. You are talking about over 24hrs of travelling, which certainly is not a walk in the park

either way, it's not "easy" as you suggest.... and the fact that they did them back to back in 2016 and then put a week in between in 2017 tells me that the people making the schedule know what they are talking about

and it's why in 2018 the preliminary schedule has the USA and Mexico back to back, and not Argentina/Mexico
Obviously I haven't. Which is why I stated in my original post that there are other factors. Such as the ones you mentioned.
struth
8/7/2017 1:58pm
struth wrote:

early wrote:
The teams asked for a longer break in the fall, not a longer break between SX and MX because the teams and the riders can actually...
The teams asked for a longer break in the fall, not a longer break between SX and MX because the teams and the riders can actually take time off then without another series looming in a few weeks. What is so hard about that to understand?
A break is a break .
Nationals need to be flexible.
Least stop the yanks from saying the break is to long from mx season to mxon
8/7/2017 1:59pm
struth wrote:

early wrote:
The teams asked for a longer break in the fall, not a longer break between SX and MX because the teams and the riders can actually...
The teams asked for a longer break in the fall, not a longer break between SX and MX because the teams and the riders can actually take time off then without another series looming in a few weeks. What is so hard about that to understand?
So they ask for a longer break in the fall so they can take time off. And yet they have MEC in the middle of their time off. Good logic.

The point is that if this MXoN schedule problem is going to be solved, both sides need to make small adjustments. I'm sure FIM wants the best possible US team at MXoN, and to make it happen they need to squeeze the GP calendar with a week or two so that the event can be held a bit earlier. On the other hand the AMA needs to add one or two weekends off (between SX and MX or in the middle of the MX season I don't care, just make it happen) to make their season end a bit later, and that way closer to the event and eliminate the excuse of there being a too long break inbetween. It's unreasonable to say that only one or the other of the two series has to make an adjustment of a pretty much a month to their schedule.

The Shop

seemoney49
8/7/2017 2:31pm
I don't give a shit if we go or not but I gotta say ssend god dam Weston peick he is as American as it gets he will slam heads off for breakfast and show why america is great
early
Fantasy
2231st
8/7/2017 2:38pm
So they ask for a longer break in the fall so they can take time off. And yet they have MEC in the middle of their...
So they ask for a longer break in the fall so they can take time off. And yet they have MEC in the middle of their time off. Good logic.

The point is that if this MXoN schedule problem is going to be solved, both sides need to make small adjustments. I'm sure FIM wants the best possible US team at MXoN, and to make it happen they need to squeeze the GP calendar with a week or two so that the event can be held a bit earlier. On the other hand the AMA needs to add one or two weekends off (between SX and MX or in the middle of the MX season I don't care, just make it happen) to make their season end a bit later, and that way closer to the event and eliminate the excuse of there being a too long break inbetween. It's unreasonable to say that only one or the other of the two series has to make an adjustment of a pretty much a month to their schedule.
Mxdn affects 3 US riders and teams per year.
MEC affect about 30 riders and about 10 teams per year.
US outdoors affect about 60 fulltime riders and probably 25 fulltime teams.

Having more time at the end of the season is better for more people.

75% of the gp schedule is in Europe which is easy to get around these days. If guys are racing national series on their off weekend, wtf is the point of an off weekend?
IceMan446
8/7/2017 3:03pm
USA should just not go until its back in the states.

It's a nothing race that does nothing for the riders other than help them puff their chests out.

You can talk about pride and riding for your country all you want. But that doesn't pay the bills. Supercross and Outdoor titles do.

Eli is doing what is going to pay him and keep him and his family set after racing. I don't blame him.

mccread
8/7/2017 3:27pm Edited Date/Time 8/7/2017 3:43pm
The bottom line is if America want to race the MXON they need to change their own schedule not Youthstream.

They have created their own problems with their own schedule changes and especially the bizarre timing of MEC and yet try to blame YS, when the facts show the date has been at the middle or end of September for nearly 20 years!

It also highlights the embarrassing bias and insular nature of certain sections of the US media. To not even know MXGP, the world championship of the sport they are supposed to love, didn't end until the middle of Sept for motocross media is ridiculous.

America aren't bigger than the world. Changing the date just to suit one country is ludicrous.

The bigger and more fundamental issue here is just how much supercross overshadows motocross in the USA. That is core of the problem.
DonM
8/7/2017 3:51pm
mccread wrote:
The bottom line is if America want to race the MXON they need to change their own schedule not Youthstream. They have created their own problems...
The bottom line is if America want to race the MXON they need to change their own schedule not Youthstream.

They have created their own problems with their own schedule changes and especially the bizarre timing of MEC and yet try to blame YS, when the facts show the date has been at the middle or end of September for nearly 20 years!

It also highlights the embarrassing bias and insular nature of certain sections of the US media. To not even know MXGP, the world championship of the sport they are supposed to love, didn't end until the middle of Sept for motocross media is ridiculous.

America aren't bigger than the world. Changing the date just to suit one country is ludicrous.

The bigger and more fundamental issue here is just how much supercross overshadows motocross in the USA. That is core of the problem.
Hahaha!!! You of all people talking about embarrassing bias and insular nature...how did that Roczen article work out for you?
Nobody is blaming anybody the US schedule the way it is for TV...the MEC is run by Feld...they don't give a shit about MX...but you already knew that but it doesn't fit your US vs GP agenda.
It's simple, if you want to have the best American based riders in the MXDN then the date is going to have to change otherwise you will see more of the same or none at all....then what are you and MXDouche going write about??
8/7/2017 11:57pm
So they ask for a longer break in the fall so they can take time off. And yet they have MEC in the middle of their...

early wrote:
Mxdn affects 3 US riders and teams per year. MEC affect about 30 riders and about 10 teams per year. US outdoors affect about 60 fulltime...
Mxdn affects 3 US riders and teams per year.
MEC affect about 30 riders and about 10 teams per year.
US outdoors affect about 60 fulltime riders and probably 25 fulltime teams.

Having more time at the end of the season is better for more people.

75% of the gp schedule is in Europe which is easy to get around these days. If guys are racing national series on their off weekend, wtf is the point of an off weekend?
Well you obviously haven't attended a GP race. There are 60-80 riders in the two main classes there also, and everyone isn't a factory rider that can just fly from race to race. Add the support classes that can be well over 150 riders over a weekend which of about 90% are privateers. These guys need a weekend at home now and then. Plus many of those privateer efforts need to ride their own national series because of local sponsors etc to make it through the season.

Again, both sides need to meet eachother halfway to get the MXoN to work for both sides. But if the AMA isn't ready to change anything on their side like you're saying, then screw them and stop complaining that riders decline the MXoN. The rest of the world can't and won't change just because of one national series won't.
Ray_MXS
8/8/2017 3:02am
Well you obviously haven't attended a GP race. There are 60-80 riders in the two main classes there also, and everyone isn't a factory rider that...
Well you obviously haven't attended a GP race. There are 60-80 riders in the two main classes there also, and everyone isn't a factory rider that can just fly from race to race. Add the support classes that can be well over 150 riders over a weekend which of about 90% are privateers. These guys need a weekend at home now and then. Plus many of those privateer efforts need to ride their own national series because of local sponsors etc to make it through the season.

Again, both sides need to meet eachother halfway to get the MXoN to work for both sides. But if the AMA isn't ready to change anything on their side like you're saying, then screw them and stop complaining that riders decline the MXoN. The rest of the world can't and won't change just because of one national series won't.
Listen to this guy.
I can't understand why it's so hard to understand that YS won't change a worldwide 19 race world championship series for just one country's 12 race national series. All this uproar basically just because a badly timed MEC.
Just push the entire national series back 3 weeks and everything is solved. Having MX start the week after the SX finale is just idiotic in the first place
philG
8/8/2017 3:23am
early wrote:
"And then, just as importantly..... you have the British, French, Belgian, German, Dutch, Italian national championships which all need to fit into the calendar and can't...
"And then, just as importantly..... you have the British, French, Belgian, German, Dutch, Italian national championships which all need to fit into the calendar and can't be all run on top of each other on the same weekend."

Sorry but this doesnt make any sense to me. Luongos vision of his series is that it becomes similar to motogp. Very professional with the teams running the show for the riders, he is squeezing out privateers for this reason. Im not going to argue that strategy. The idea that MXGP riders NEED to go ride national series is bullshit imo. Thise national series should be a stepping stone to the EMX series then the mxgp series not designated practice days for the best in the world. You dont see Marc Marquez running the CEV series on his off weekends.
You clearly no nothing about motocross and who pays for it. FIRSTLY.. the riders that come to GP do it through their own series .. from youth into EMX etc, and that needs money.. MX teams need to get their sponsors at the races to show them what their dollar is getting... in the national series you invite guests from the area you are racing in, for you sponsors... teams step up to do GP , and give sponsors more exposure, but what use is that to any UK company if they dont get to race at home.

SECONDLY.. Fans dont get to see the riders they support unless they visit a GP.. so riders lose support .. people dont go to the races, clubs have nothing to promote, and the sport dies a slow and lingering death.

THIRDLY... Manufacturers need importers to support the sport , so each country will have a team it supports in domestic championships , to promote its sales.

You just dont understand.
8/8/2017 3:39am
Ray_MXS wrote:
Listen to this guy. I can't understand why it's so hard to understand that YS won't change a worldwide 19 race world championship series for just...
Listen to this guy.
I can't understand why it's so hard to understand that YS won't change a worldwide 19 race world championship series for just one country's 12 race national series. All this uproar basically just because a badly timed MEC.
Just push the entire national series back 3 weeks and everything is solved. Having MX start the week after the SX finale is just idiotic in the first place
Actually there's no need to push it 3 weeks. A week could be enough.

I came up with this idea just looking at this years calendar. Let's say MXoN would be held two weeks earlier on the 17th of September. That would mean that AMA could end their season like they do now on August 26th and have two weeks off before MXoN or add another weekend off somewhere along the season and end it a week later and have one week off before coming to Europe. Seems reasonable to me. On the other hand FIM and Luongo would need to tighten up their calendar with a week or two depending on if the GP riders want to have a weekend off or not before MXoN. Again something that sounds reasonable atleast in my mind.
ns503
8/8/2017 4:09am
vandy509 wrote:
I'll throw my two cents into the ring - this goes along with what ayearinmx had to say earlier in the thread, and something I don't...
I'll throw my two cents into the ring - this goes along with what ayearinmx had to say earlier in the thread, and something I don't see mentioned anywhere in here. The US outdoor series use to run longer into September, usually ending the weekend after Labor Day. Now, the series ends the weekend before Labor Day - that's the major cause of the large gap between the end of our series and the MXoN. Take a look at this:

So, since 2012 the date for the MXoN hasn't really changed - it's been the last weekend in September. The real change has come from the US outdoor schedule, which now ends 2 weeks earlier than it used to.

^ Needed repeating...
Flip109
8/8/2017 4:54am
The whole schedule debacle is just bs. Either riders want to go (Zach Osborne) or prefer not to go (Tomac).

"The USA MXON of nations team is like a box of chocolaaates. Never know what you gonna get." Laughing
early
Fantasy
2231st
8/8/2017 6:10am
philG wrote:
You clearly no nothing about motocross and who pays for it. FIRSTLY.. the riders that come to GP do it through their own series .. from...
You clearly no nothing about motocross and who pays for it. FIRSTLY.. the riders that come to GP do it through their own series .. from youth into EMX etc, and that needs money.. MX teams need to get their sponsors at the races to show them what their dollar is getting... in the national series you invite guests from the area you are racing in, for you sponsors... teams step up to do GP , and give sponsors more exposure, but what use is that to any UK company if they dont get to race at home.

SECONDLY.. Fans dont get to see the riders they support unless they visit a GP.. so riders lose support .. people dont go to the races, clubs have nothing to promote, and the sport dies a slow and lingering death.

THIRDLY... Manufacturers need importers to support the sport , so each country will have a team it supports in domestic championships , to promote its sales.

You just dont understand.
I understand that it is more and focused exposure for team sponsors. However the idea of racing the mxgp series and a local series is directly at odds with the reasoning behind having so many off weekends in the gp schedule. The off weekends provide neither time off racing nor decreased travel.

Essentially you are saying there are events outside the normal schedule that are important to sponsors so they are given preferential treatment. Similar to the MEC.

Post a reply to: MXoN Drama - A possible fix?

The Latest