MXoN, Aust 4th ....... Chad who?

PJRAUS
10/8/2018 3:23am
CPR wrote:
Put Ferris or Reed in instead of Gibbs and we would have been on the box easy. Ferris would have been top 10 for sure and...
Put Ferris or Reed in instead of Gibbs and we would have been on the box easy. Ferris would have been top 10 for sure and Reed is good in the wet and consistent, smoking his clutch would have been the biggest worry. Either way they both would have finished higher than Gibbs. Gibbs did well last year but was a poor choice because of injury time off. Evans did awesome considering his lack of experience and Lawrence is world class all the way! Sadly MXdN always seems to be a 'what could have been' story for Aus.
PJRAUS wrote:
I just think it's a bit of a lottery in the, mud, with the exception of next level guys like Herlings...Coldenhoff too really. Ferris was our...
I just think it's a bit of a lottery in the, mud, with the exception of next level guys like Herlings...Coldenhoff too really.
Ferris was our worst performer with a totally shit day last year and Gibbs did great..who can really say we would have done better if we had Ferris rather than Gibbs?
I think Gibbs had enough training and riding in after injury...bet anything you like Gibbs wouldn't be using his injury as an excuse for a bad weekend, just how it went.
I feel sorry for the Netherlands, they deserved to win and were best on the day...just shitty luck again.
Really sick of the Reed fan boys and their shit...Reed was great...but they chose the team on who was doing well at the time...wasnt perhaps the best team possible due to injured riders, but a lot of teams were in that boat.
Congrats to France, congrats to goiter Paulan ..spelled wrong no doubt, what a great and gutsy team captain!
CPR wrote:
"but they chose the team on who was doing well at the time..." Then why did they choose Gibbs? He hadn't competed in the MX Nats...
"but they chose the team on who was doing well at the time..." Then why did they choose Gibbs? He hadn't competed in the MX Nats since May.
Yes, that's a fair call...I think probably 2 reasons for it. 1, Gibbs performed well in England , in the mud last year, that kind of experience is valuable. 2 , Gibbs and Evans, both ktm riders were able to access good equipment through the team manager, Michael Byrne and his BTO KTM team...that is super important.
I would not have been dissapointed if Metcalfe had been chosen over Gibbs, he rode great toward the end of the year, had a lot of mechanical early on, but he was racing and doing well...he deserved it more than Reed who expected to be chosen based on a performance record that has had nothing to grow about in the last 3 or 4 years.
Probably, Mettcalfe wasn't chosen because there was not much chance of getting him goid equipment over there...probably zero budget to ship his own penrite Honda over there..
10/8/2018 3:43am
Great result for Lawrence !! The kid hauls!
They needed a clutch ride in the last moto and Gibbs was never going to deliver.
Chad Reed would of made it happen !
PJRAUS
10/8/2018 4:14am
Great result for Lawrence !! The kid hauls! They needed a clutch ride in the last moto and Gibbs was never going to deliver. Chad Reed...
They needed a clutch ride in the last moto and Gibbs was never going to deliver.
I agree, great ride for Lawrence...
Much was said of Reed's overall finish in the mud at the iron man national..
He was 1min 23sec behind moto 1 winner Barcia in moto 1 and 2min 28 seconds behind him in moto 2..he very nearly go lapped! Barcia didn't set the world on fire this weekend in the mud. Would Reed have beaten Barcia in the mud this weekend when he was nowhere near him in the mud at Iron man? I dont know..do you?
I kind of fail to see your point? I think it's silly to say Gibbs was never going to deliver, Ferris was expected to last year but didn't...it was a nasty mud race, shit happened to a lot of riders, ruining the chances of a lot of teams...would Reed have done better than Gibbs? You think you know, but who really knows...?
What was confirmed was that the top gp guys, Lawrence included, shine in the slop!
22Ryann
Fantasy
4098th
10/8/2018 4:22am
Chad probably would have got us that podium tbh

The Shop

PJRAUS
10/8/2018 11:55am
What was Chad's beef?
He was pissed that he wasn't chosen for the team.
Even though he hadn't raced motocross at the time, for over 3 years, he said publicly that he is faster than anyone out of Australia...A lot of peopl e disagree...
cbuehler767
10/8/2018 12:01pm
Great result for Lawrence !! The kid hauls! They needed a clutch ride in the last moto and Gibbs was never going to deliver. Chad Reed...
PJRAUS wrote:
I agree, great ride for Lawrence... Much was said of Reed's overall finish in the mud at the iron man national.. He was 1min 23sec behind...
I agree, great ride for Lawrence...
Much was said of Reed's overall finish in the mud at the iron man national..
He was 1min 23sec behind moto 1 winner Barcia in moto 1 and 2min 28 seconds behind him in moto 2..he very nearly go lapped! Barcia didn't set the world on fire this weekend in the mud. Would Reed have beaten Barcia in the mud this weekend when he was nowhere near him in the mud at Iron man? I dont know..do you?
I kind of fail to see your point? I think it's silly to say Gibbs was never going to deliver, Ferris was expected to last year but didn't...it was a nasty mud race, shit happened to a lot of riders, ruining the chances of a lot of teams...would Reed have done better than Gibbs? You think you know, but who really knows...?
What was confirmed was that the top gp guys, Lawrence included, shine in the slop!
Barcia raced a mud race this weekend? When?
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2591st
10/8/2018 1:44pm
Reed and Metcalf where worked up because both have done so much for the sport for us Aussies. creating avenues for sponsors, teams, riders ect.. Both knew it was there last ever ride and to have Byrner as team manager who are all supposed to be close mates between the three and grew up racing each other..
between the 3, they have more experience then any other riders from Australia put together.
It was a chance for the 3 big names in motocross Australia to represent and give them a final send off, As well as Reed mentioned.. theirs sentimental value as well with the passing of sharky a few years ago and have the big 3 together to show respects at an amazing race would of been the icing on the cake.

They believed they deserved to represent there country one more time on the US soil where they created there careers.
I honestly think it was kinda wrong to have them two left out of this years des nations. honestly would of been amazing to have Metcalf, Byrner and Reed showing young Lawrence the ropes before he takes off where all 3 of them guys left off.

And between metcalf and reed... both are so unpredictable when racing.. they can show up and run dead last.. or they flick a switch and have amazing races.
Can never count them out.

jemcee
10/8/2018 5:02pm
Reed and Metcalf where worked up because both have done so much for the sport for us Aussies. creating avenues for sponsors, teams, riders ect.. Both...
Reed and Metcalf where worked up because both have done so much for the sport for us Aussies. creating avenues for sponsors, teams, riders ect.. Both knew it was there last ever ride and to have Byrner as team manager who are all supposed to be close mates between the three and grew up racing each other..
between the 3, they have more experience then any other riders from Australia put together.
It was a chance for the 3 big names in motocross Australia to represent and give them a final send off, As well as Reed mentioned.. theirs sentimental value as well with the passing of sharky a few years ago and have the big 3 together to show respects at an amazing race would of been the icing on the cake.

They believed they deserved to represent there country one more time on the US soil where they created there careers.
I honestly think it was kinda wrong to have them two left out of this years des nations. honestly would of been amazing to have Metcalf, Byrner and Reed showing young Lawrence the ropes before he takes off where all 3 of them guys left off.

And between metcalf and reed... both are so unpredictable when racing.. they can show up and run dead last.. or they flick a switch and have amazing races.
Can never count them out.

I think everyone in this conversation knows my view haha

But as you say it would've cool it may have been epic but my problem was the way he handled it after he wasn't picked! Cause the only reason he could've been picked was for sentimental reasons.. Ya can't do zero races and just say nah I'm in cause I'm goin fast trust me.. And as soon as he said he was faster than every other rider except Ferris it just put a shitty vibe into it.. From then it had the Reed fanboys (I'm a massive fan but I can see his negatives haha) all calling out the Aussie riders that were picked and prob just waiting for them to fail so they could hit us with the told ya so's!

I just wish Reed handled the rejection better

Post a reply to: MXoN, Aust 4th ....... Chad who?

The Latest