MXdN winner not in GP's or AMA

Edited Date/Time 9/30/2012 1:09pm
I read something interesting on a Belgian forum. Marcus Schiffer who won todays MXdN isn't riding GP's, is not riding in the USA but just races the german Championship.
You know why? Because this 'great' World Championship only has place for a few topriders and the rest are slow guys who pay a lot of money to race GP's. Since you don't have to qualify that is possible. Schiffer and alot more of these guys don't have the money to do so, so they have to leave the series for pathetic wankers who pay for their spot.

But shouldn't a guy like Schiffer race the GP's? I really, really would like to hear what MXgeoff has to say about this?
IMO alot of things in the MXA article are very close to reality and this is a very good example.
|
pawsan
9/30/2012 12:35pm
i made this point in a post during the week. i think it might've been the post that ended up in the dumgeon with all the journalist meltdowns in it lol
kongols
9/30/2012 12:38pm
It hurts me to say that we (Latvia) are ones of the biggest contributors to this nonsense. We have two teams willing to pay that ridiculous money to Luongo with riders who rarely get in to top5 in Latvian championship.
pawsan
9/30/2012 12:40pm
my post from the other thread.

lungo and his crooked cronies have ruined gp motocross! yes the racing might be close for the first 6/8 in each class, but after that it's pish, there are far to many really fast guys, and i mean faster that most of the current 10th to 20th place that just cant afford to race gp motocross anymore and that imo is no reflection on a true world championship, i mean how can it when all of the fastest 40 in europe/the world cant make it on to the grid just because of the monetary situation, yet the average local pro rich kid makes up the gate because daddy can afford to buy a ride.

and as for all the elitist , we wanna be like f1, the pinicle of the sport bollox, well it's exactly that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, BOLLOX.

motocross is and always will be a grass roots sport, where a kid can dream and with a bit of luck, alot of talent, and as far a motorsport goes, a little cash, can, sorry could have had a chance at achieving those dreams.

i remember going to killinchy in the late 80S early 90S and friends i raced with showed up in their transits, paid their entry and had a shot at qualifying. and a few even picked up sponsors and rides because of that opertunity, with the current structure, doesn't look like thats going to happen again anytime soon
9/30/2012 12:57pm
kongols wrote:
It hurts me to say that we (Latvia) are ones of the biggest contributors to this nonsense. We have two teams willing to pay that ridiculous...
It hurts me to say that we (Latvia) are ones of the biggest contributors to this nonsense. We have two teams willing to pay that ridiculous money to Luongo with riders who rarely get in to top5 in Latvian championship.
Yeah,I know who you mean. There is also a Dutch guy involved in 1 of those teams.

But still, Schiffer just won the fokkin MXdN and doesn't have a ride besides a bike for his local races..... It's just another poof of a stupid championship.
MXGeoff where are you?????

The Shop

Mondamx
9/30/2012 1:09pm
The hard fact is Snr Luongo has raped so much from the GP's that decent racers cannot afford his price. Only 20 can and the rest can go f*** their selves as far as he concerned because his championship is for the elite only, (the rest have to pay and pay big).

Post a reply to: MXdN winner not in GP's or AMA

The Latest