MXdN hotels

If you plan to attend MXdN next year, book your room now! I just scored a room nearby dirt cheap. You snooze, you lose.
|
TheRookie
11/18/2021 3:57am
Rent a camper then light it on fire in Lot B. That's my recommendation
mh226
11/18/2021 4:02am
Cant believe how fast some of the rates have spiked from yesterday to today. Still some deals out there. See y'all at the races!

The Shop

Bearuno
11/18/2021 4:41am Edited Date/Time 11/18/2021 4:44am
I've made a promise to my little 85 ( by then) year old Mum, to take her to the USA next year.

The rough plan is to go from LA, up the west coast, then across the northern states, or maybe part of Canukia, to New York, where she wants to stay for 2 to 3 weeks.

So, I'm thinking of an RV, and, a stop at the MXDN on the way to New York. Now, I love my Mum, but, she does drive me nuts - it's fair to say, I don't particularly like her - I'm the only son who has time for her, and, I had to take her in.

It will be, if it happens, an 'interesting' trip. She Is a seasoned traveler, at least. The 'rowdiness' of camping at the event itself, might be a bit much for her - or, more likely, she'll be the one causing trouble..... Dizzy

Do they have designated quiet / civilized conduct areas for Camping / RVs at Red Bud?

If not, I think I might just camp away from the track, and hopefully be able to get parking, then a shuttle bus to the event each day.

So, if you see and old man that looks like a slightly (barely, nowadays) slimmer Santa, on a walking stick or crutches, with a very hyper , little old lady glued to him, It will probably be me.....
TheRookie
11/18/2021 5:02am
Bearuno wrote:
I've made a promise to my little 85 ( by then) year old Mum, to take her to the USA next year. The rough plan is...
I've made a promise to my little 85 ( by then) year old Mum, to take her to the USA next year.

The rough plan is to go from LA, up the west coast, then across the northern states, or maybe part of Canukia, to New York, where she wants to stay for 2 to 3 weeks.

So, I'm thinking of an RV, and, a stop at the MXDN on the way to New York. Now, I love my Mum, but, she does drive me nuts - it's fair to say, I don't particularly like her - I'm the only son who has time for her, and, I had to take her in.

It will be, if it happens, an 'interesting' trip. She Is a seasoned traveler, at least. The 'rowdiness' of camping at the event itself, might be a bit much for her - or, more likely, she'll be the one causing trouble..... Dizzy

Do they have designated quiet / civilized conduct areas for Camping / RVs at Red Bud?

If not, I think I might just camp away from the track, and hopefully be able to get parking, then a shuttle bus to the event each day.

So, if you see and old man that looks like a slightly (barely, nowadays) slimmer Santa, on a walking stick or crutches, with a very hyper , little old lady glued to him, It will probably be me.....
Lot B is the party lot. I don't know if any are necessarily "quiet" areas but if you are not in Lot B it should be more civilized lol
toddh
11/18/2021 5:38am
I just got a Hampton in Niles for 185.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
11/18/2021 7:02am
I'm booked in Benton Harbour, can't wait.

Last Mxon there was epic but I hope they get normal good weather conditions to show off this place in all its' glory. It's a bit of heaven of earth to moto for sure.
11/18/2021 9:16am
I know not everyone can, but if it’s possible I’d highly recommend camping. By far was the funnest event I’ve ever been to, so much going on all the time. If you’re making the effort to go all the way there, I’d rent a camper and be able to stay there all weekend and take in everything!
AZ35
Fantasy
550th
11/18/2021 4:02pm
I checked into renting an RV out of Chicago, rates are reasonable (for now).

But I saw that tickets for the race and camping spots go on sale December 1st.

Do the camping spots sell out pretty quickly, or do I have a chance of reserving one as long as I reserve it sometime that day? I have never been there so no idea how many spots they have for RV camping. Don't want to get stuck with an RV but no spot.

Also, from what I have read lot B is the party spot, which I am sure is fun to visit. But we are not 25 anymore, so I don't want to be kept awake all night by the parties and music. What other "lot" is a safer bet for the go to bed before midnight crowd?
11/19/2021 5:00pm
Bearuno wrote:
I've made a promise to my little 85 ( by then) year old Mum, to take her to the USA next year. The rough plan is...

Sounds like a interesting road right there. 30 to 90 mi north of red Bud on 11-2 it was snowing parallel for 20 min or so then freezing rain. Lake Michigan creates some crazy weather. Sept 25th you won’t see snow but if the winds blow off the lake and you get a hard rain it can be cold.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
11/19/2021 6:05pm
Bearuno wrote:

“ it's fair to say, I don't particularly like her -”
😂😂😂
Damn. Well at least you’re honest with yourself. (And all of us)
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
11/19/2021 6:45pm
What are yall paying?
I paid 105 a night for a hotel just over the border in Indiana. Google maps says it's a ~20 minute drive.

Will cops be enforcing laws on lane filtering? Whistling
JMR1976
11/20/2021 12:10am
Got a 2 bedroom 2 bath house on Airbnb $120 a night in Berrien Springs. Never been out east for a national.
Bearuno
11/20/2021 6:47am Edited Date/Time 11/20/2021 6:51am
langhammx wrote:
“ it's fair to say, I don't particularly like her -”
😂😂😂
Damn. Well at least you’re honest with yourself. (And all of us)
It's a pretty common thing, Loving your Family, whilst not Liking some of them.

She's been a particularly Nasty piece of work, to most of the family over the years, but, she is my Mum, so, I've got to take care of her / tolerate her ....... She's out in my yard, right now, at 2am, putting up Xmas decorations ( that I really, Really HATE - Bah Bloody Humbug EvilEvilEvilEvil ) throughout the yard , and will probably be out there every night overdoing it until I begrudgingly let her turn the lights on. Xmas lights being put up in bloody November.......Sick

And, as I said, she's a (very) experienced traveler, as I am. She's a brave and hardy old B**ch, nothing generally fazes her. I think she'll enjoy a change from her usual trips, if we indeed do it. I'll just have to Harden the F**k Up, and deal with her lunacy.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
11/20/2021 7:22am
Bearuno wrote:
It's a pretty common thing, Loving your Family, whilst not Liking some of them. She's been a particularly Nasty piece of work, to most of the...
It's a pretty common thing, Loving your Family, whilst not Liking some of them.

She's been a particularly Nasty piece of work, to most of the family over the years, but, she is my Mum, so, I've got to take care of her / tolerate her ....... She's out in my yard, right now, at 2am, putting up Xmas decorations ( that I really, Really HATE - Bah Bloody Humbug EvilEvilEvilEvil ) throughout the yard , and will probably be out there every night overdoing it until I begrudgingly let her turn the lights on. Xmas lights being put up in bloody November.......Sick

And, as I said, she's a (very) experienced traveler, as I am. She's a brave and hardy old B**ch, nothing generally fazes her. I think she'll enjoy a change from her usual trips, if we indeed do it. I'll just have to Harden the F**k Up, and deal with her lunacy.
I got a good laugh reading your post. I feel like you’re talking about my aunt Lethia, her kids feel about the same way. Tongue
I’m lucky that my mom has been the ideal mom in my opinion. But if my aunt was my mom, I’d be able to relate.
But in all seriousness, I’m glad that you are able to look past her actions of the past and be there for her. None of us would be on this earth, without our moms !!
I hope you guys have a great trip and can tolerate each other throughout your trip, it’s apparent that she has a great man as her son.
pummel
Fantasy
370th
11/22/2021 4:39pm
Hotel?? If you’re going to the Des why not get the full experience? “Camped” in our rental car in ‘18 and would definitely do it again.
11/22/2021 5:20pm
pummel wrote:
Hotel?? If you’re going to the Des why not get the full experience? “Camped” in our rental car in ‘18 and would definitely do it again.
Because I’m in my late 40s and a sit down dinner, a shower, and a king size bed will feel really nice after schlepping my old ass around Red Bud all day.

Post a reply to: MXdN hotels

The Latest