MXdN and the mental game

Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2447th
I dont really want to another huge thread to beat up the US riders but felt strong enough to chime in.

After hearing every media outlet and bench racing with my circle a few things stood out that lead to the loss and even simply not even making the podium.

The biggest excuse i head that everyone points out is the track conditions. I know our guys have for the last many year have not been getting exposed to shitty tracks. They've been greeted with chocolate cake at every track instead of using the natural dirt each region has to offer. Apparently people dont like hard clay at Hangtown??

I dont know how much weight this carries into the loss but I think with the history of Des nations being held more over seas and our guys never seeing them I think this is minimal. The fastest guys will always rise to the top and our guys finished way too far back to say it was track conditions.

I think a bigger factor is the break from end of the series to the Des nations. The GP's ended the week before, so these guys didnt miss a step and didnt lose anything from a weeks difference, where as AMA ended a month ago and any trainer will tell you things start dropping a week out if you dont stay on top of a program. I guarantee our guys started some supercross prep or even some time off to recover.

I have also heard that our guys are more focused on SX prep and Monster Cup and i think this theory has a bigger play.

While i believe our guys were set on doing the event and were 'all in' but I know that its impossible to not have these other factors in the back of your head. The growing trend is these guys starting SX prep now just to get ready for Monster Cup as its a high dollar event and sets the tone coming into A1.

AP is prepping for his rookie 450 year and has a lot of testing to do, Eli has the stigma of losing the SX titles due to mistakes the past few years and is anxious to redeem and I feel Eli finally agreed to race due the immense backlash he would have faced with the race being on us soil. Barcia out of all of them i feel was the strongest based on his clutch qualifier

My honest take is these guys were not 100% mentally ready for des nations. National pride, 1000's of fans cant compensate for doubts that sit in the back of your mind. Someone not 100% mentally can go from podiums to top 10's.

with the terrible conditions, pressure to get ready for SX/ Cup, and pressure to perform on home turf, trouble on saturdays i dont see how they could have won. and truthfully when someone wants to win bad enough, they make it happen,

|
63mark
10/11/2018 11:50am Edited Date/Time 10/11/2018 11:50am
Pfff, I mean. Come onnnnn, they were just slower then the other guys. And maybe some bad luck. All these excuses, just let them practice the shit out of the roughest tracks all year long. Cuz that's what our guys do, they ride and ride and ride, the rougher the track, the better.
Frank
10/11/2018 11:53am Edited Date/Time 10/11/2018 12:12pm
1. The conditions were good. It was not a mudder. You had to be there to know this.
2. The MEC means nothing. American Honda is not even showing up. Maybe they will use social media to hype up the font they use on the starting gates or something mind blowing like that. bwahahhahahaha
3. If SX prep/money is your reason for not trying to win stay home. Many things in life mean more than money in every country in the world except the usa. Yes I know this concept will be lost on most of Vital/usa.
4. Keefer saying the mxon does not mean much to the riders. Ok stop sending a team. Be the laughing stock of the rest of the motocross world. Hell we already are for politics, crime, health care, wages, education, etc. America the great my ass. USA, USA, USA chest pounding......please. Exactly what the fuck are you proud of?

The USA will never win a MXoN again and there is no other game in town to showcase country vs country in the sport of Motocross. (not supercross)

Enjoy your stadiums and artificial light. The rest of the world is pounding out moto's in the sunshine, rain and snow on un-groomed bomb crater tracks 365. Go ahead and try to take a swing at them. 7 years since we won. Pathetic.

Change the name of this board to VitalSX if need be. It's over folks.

10/11/2018 12:24pm Edited Date/Time 10/11/2018 12:27pm
Frank wrote:
1. The conditions were good. It was not a mudder. You had to be there to know this. 2. The MEC means nothing. American Honda is...
1. The conditions were good. It was not a mudder. You had to be there to know this.
2. The MEC means nothing. American Honda is not even showing up. Maybe they will use social media to hype up the font they use on the starting gates or something mind blowing like that. bwahahhahahaha
3. If SX prep/money is your reason for not trying to win stay home. Many things in life mean more than money in every country in the world except the usa. Yes I know this concept will be lost on most of Vital/usa.
4. Keefer saying the mxon does not mean much to the riders. Ok stop sending a team. Be the laughing stock of the rest of the motocross world. Hell we already are for politics, crime, health care, wages, education, etc. America the great my ass. USA, USA, USA chest pounding......please. Exactly what the fuck are you proud of?

The USA will never win a MXoN again and there is no other game in town to showcase country vs country in the sport of Motocross. (not supercross)

Enjoy your stadiums and artificial light. The rest of the world is pounding out moto's in the sunshine, rain and snow on un-groomed bomb crater tracks 365. Go ahead and try to take a swing at them. 7 years since we won. Pathetic.

You keep using your example of Honda not going to MEC to display it's irrelevance but I'll take the other five manufacturers who are all spending quite a bit of money to be represented there, but I guess that means absolutely nothing.

I'm not a fan of SX either but give it up, you're starting to sound desperate and just down right dumb.

The Shop

DPR250R
10/11/2018 12:27pm
Frank wrote:
1. The conditions were good. It was not a mudder. You had to be there to know this. 2. The MEC means nothing. American Honda is...

Other countries have dealt with longer droughts then that and I wouldn’t consider thier riders pathetic.
Frank
10/11/2018 12:45pm
ZERO dig on the riders. They rode their asses off with every once of American pride they had every single lap. I went to the pits and thanked Plessinger and Barcia personally. Couldn't find Tomac or would have also. Never asked for a signature.
lestat
10/11/2018 1:00pm
I agree with the OP . Mentally weak riders .

Post a reply to: MXdN and the mental game

The Latest