MXdN, RBSR or MEC, who gets the most exposure?

WoodsRacer
Fantasy
2893rd
10/11/2019 3:22pm
WoodsRacer wrote:
MXdN by a mile.
seventeen wrote:
How? Quantify you're assesment.
Fair enough, and I'll even start with admitting my bias. I love the MXdN, I buy it every year, up at 2 am watching qualifying and the races each day, went to Redbud last year for my first ever real event MXdN, and plan to head to my first oversees MXdN next year in Ernee. Its been my favorite event for years, win lose or draw by the USA.

Anyways onto my point, the MXdN is covered by everyone, all moto media outlets, US and abroad, its talked about for months leading up to the event and dissected for months afterwards.

One quick example is ElHombres own team fried Youtube channel, before the MXdN he was getting on average around 12k views a video and at most 16k. His MXdN videos jumped the average around 50k and the highest coming in at 121k.

Another quick check is google trends, it shows how often a term is searched for, not in the link I only compared MXdN and RBSR, MEC was left out because the same name is shared with car races meaning its hard to separate the two.

SoCalMX70
10/11/2019 3:32pm Edited Date/Time 10/11/2019 3:38pm
Some top notch analysts in here... Comparing an event's 2018 total YouTube views to a different event that happened 5 days ago.

I'll check back in later...
10/11/2019 3:34pm
I get to watch MEC and RBSR for free. I do not get to watch the MXdN for free. Easy pick for me
zehn
10/11/2019 3:44pm
SoCalMX70 wrote:
Some top notch analysts in here... Comparing an event's 2018 total YouTube views to a different event that happened 5 days ago. I'll check back in...
Some top notch analysts in here... Comparing an event's 2018 total YouTube views to a different event that happened 5 days ago.

I'll check back in later...
Was thinking the same thing

The Shop

10/11/2019 4:31pm
Hammer, Red Bull 100% blocked/hid/deleted a bunch of 2018 RBSR vids, especially the final runs of McElrath/Dungey which I had bookmarked.

BTW, this event is my #1 to see in real life by far.
Even if I couldn't go live, I wouldn't miss it on the net live.
All the others = just not as cool.
BikeGuy321
10/11/2019 4:34pm
RBSR by a large margin I'd say. MXdN and Monster Cup you need cable, and or, a special app to watch them. Straight Rhythm is free and other people watching Rally, or MTB, or skateboarding may end up watching RBSR if Redbull TV suggests it to them.
kkawboy14
10/12/2019 2:31am Edited Date/Time 10/12/2019 2:32am
Zaugg wrote:
I'm so glad most, if not all of you, are not responsible for reporting the success of these events. With the exception of Jeremy aka therealhammer...
I'm so glad most, if not all of you, are not responsible for reporting the success of these events. With the exception of Jeremy aka therealhammer, the lot of you have absolutely no idea how to:

1. Ask a question (500Guy - your question was vague - we have no idea how you define "exposure" and as a result, everyone decided to define it for you.)

2. Answer a question (Most of you are answering based on your person experience and bias, backed by little, to no, data)

3. Use data correctly (Including partial data from one data source - Youtube - does not indicate exposure.)

You have the opportunity to ask the person responsible for 1 of the 3 events mentioned to define what success looks like for his event. Instead you argue based on bias and personal opinion.

You're so concerned with being right and pushing your opinion that you're not willing listen and learn something.

Classic Vital...
kkawboy14 wrote:
So far my opinion has been based on this definition [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/10/11/379014/s1200_FCD22989_DF1E_4F70_9DC3_3AC5D86071A5.jpg[/img]
So far my opinion has been based on this definition

Zaugg wrote:
This is like having a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. Let me break it down for you... Here's the stated OPINION by 500guy [i]"After...
This is like having a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

Let me break it down for you...

Here's the stated OPINION by 500guy
"After last weekend, it just seems to me like everyone who rode RBSR got way more exposure than anyone did at MXoN.

Maybe I'm wrong but between the horrible weather and terrible view from wet cameras.

When talking value, maybe there really is not much value in MXoN"

Instead of asking the TYPE of exposure, everyone just jumped in and puked their opinion all over this thread.

How do you measure and define exposure relative to this statement? (I'm not looking for the textbook definition.)

For example...is it defined using:

Live Attendance Numbers
Live Show Ratings
Paid Subscriptions
Youtube Views
Unique Visitors
Shares
Social Mentions
Engagement
Session Duration
Etc...

Help me...I don't see that in your google dictionary definition. haha

My point is that most of you don't know how to accurately calculate exposure because you haven't defined what successful exposure looks like.

Instead you use this as an opportunity to provide an OPINION...just close enough to what the OP asked. In your case you moved outside the limitations of the original post to include SX and MX. (Further proving my point.)

My opinion...I think having 3 different events showcasing three different types of riding is good for the sport.
Also the reason I gave you the google definition of opinion is because your implying that we needed to ask more questions to get a better understanding of the question before we offered up answers.

My point is we don’t need anything other than a question to offer up our opinion as an answer to his opinion! Neither one of those opinions by the very definition need facts or knowledge to draw any conclusions.

smee113
10/12/2019 5:15pm
According to google trends, the MEC is a bigger deal in US, while MXdN is a bigger deal worldwide.

IMO, des Nations is he biggest race of the year; it's the oldest international race, draws the best riders from all four corners of the world, and I love the patriotic flare.

To me, the MEC is just another Supercross race, except it only draws half the talent.
therealhammer
10/12/2019 6:10pm
Hammer, Red Bull 100% blocked/hid/deleted a bunch of 2018 RBSR vids, especially the final runs of McElrath/Dungey which I had bookmarked. BTW, this event is my...
Hammer, Red Bull 100% blocked/hid/deleted a bunch of 2018 RBSR vids, especially the final runs of McElrath/Dungey which I had bookmarked.

BTW, this event is my #1 to see in real life by far.
Even if I couldn't go live, I wouldn't miss it on the net live.
All the others = just not as cool.
Yeah there is an issue with a sponsor from last year event which bubbled up last week so they had to put all the 2018 RBSR videos on private until it’s resolved ... unfortunate timing as I pointed to those videos as evidence to sustain us until all the 2019 off season races had happened and ratings/impressions began to trickle in . Oh well .. but I stand by the 4.8 million views on the main broadcast until then ( will provide proof sooner or later )
BobbyM
10/12/2019 8:35pm Edited Date/Time 10/12/2019 8:36pm
500guy wrote:
After last weekend, it just seems to me like everyone who rode RBSR got way more exposure than anyone did at MXoN. Maybe I'm wrong but...
After last weekend, it just seems to me like everyone who rode RBSR got way more exposure than anyone did at MXoN.

Maybe I'm wrong but between the horrible weather and terrible view from wet cameras.

When talking value, maybe there really is not much value in MXoN
RBSR got more exposure than all the 3rd graders in that school across the street from yer house.

🚸😁
chump6784
10/12/2019 11:30pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/10/11/378958/s1200_99F71A5A_4510_4514_A7F4_16755C6F9764.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/10/11/378959/s1200_7842EF26_58DC_4FFF_B3F3_B2F8A1EA4FF3.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/10/11/378960/s1200_511F48CB_BAFD_4926_BF83_437BCF7BB5D5.jpg[/img]

Look what happens when you compare highlights vs highlights and from the same year: 2019 A1 Highlights - 293k (250 and 450). 2019 MXoN Highlights -...
Look what happens when you compare highlights vs highlights and from the same year:

2019 A1 Highlights - 293k (250 and 450).
2019 MXoN Highlights - 271k (Qualifying and Race day).
2019 RBSR Highlights - 34k
2019 MEC Highlights - Time will tell

2018 MXoN Highlights - 386k (Qualifying and Race day).
2018 A1 Highlights - 270k (250 & 450)
2018 MEC Highlights - 226k
2018 RBSR Highlights - Lacking a highlight video.

Not that YouTube numbers are the be all and end all, but you're more twister of facts, than observer of, using your example above!

Who’s looking for highlights ? Looking for the whole event .. look for RBSR 2018 event ..
I don't think you can go off those numbers simply because RBSR was free to watch on redbull tv. I wasn't home to watch it live but I got home just after the event finished. I jumped on redbull tv and watched the whole event for free on their site.
Compare that with sx, unless it's included in your pay tv package or a subscription package you watch highlights on youtube, full event on daily motion before it gets pulled down or download a torrent. Same goes for the outdoors and MXoN.
I'd heard of Brendan Hartranft through Racetrack Supercross but because he wasn't a front runner at sx never really saw much of him.
I think RBSR let's teams see who has the skill to lay down a quick time where fitness and racecraft don't really come into it. As the saying goes "we can work with speed" and RBSR let's you see who has speed.
As a fan, my interest of the 3 is MXoN and RBSR tied, with MEC trailing due to the lack of star power this year. As for actually being able to watch them RBSR shits all over the other 2
kkawboy14
10/13/2019 7:52am Edited Date/Time 10/13/2019 7:53am
Has this been figured out yet or are we still in the world of feelings and opinions from a bunch of guys that watched all 3 events?
10/14/2019 10:02am
Yeah there is an issue with a sponsor from last year event which bubbled up last week so they had to put all the 2018 RBSR...
Yeah there is an issue with a sponsor from last year event which bubbled up last week so they had to put all the 2018 RBSR videos on private until it’s resolved ... unfortunate timing as I pointed to those videos as evidence to sustain us until all the 2019 off season races had happened and ratings/impressions began to trickle in . Oh well .. but I stand by the 4.8 million views on the main broadcast until then ( will provide proof sooner or later )
Interesting. The final runs of McElratch and Dungey are the best 2 stroke music ever. Well, except some 125 videos too.

Post a reply to: MXdN, RBSR or MEC, who gets the most exposure?

The Latest