MXdN ON A BUDGET...

Related:
Create New Tag

6/19/2018 9:19 PM

Alright guys. I’m ready to sell my soul to make it to MXdN. I know it’s gonna be expensive, but I’m going to try my best to make it not be.

I would be flying from Oregon, not sure where I’m gonna stay or how I’m gonna get to the track. I’m only 20 so I don’t think I can rent a car in Michigan.

Any suggestions on how to make it cheap as f*ckin possible?

I know it’s gonna cost an arm and a leg but this event will probably be the biggest in american MX history so I’m willing to make it happen.

|

6/19/2018 9:54 PM

Well, I don't have many money saving suggestions other than trying to find or bring another buddy to split a car, hotel, etc.... Flying into Chicago will likely be the cheapest option, maybe you can catch a bus to South Bend and find people driving up to snag rides with? We will be there from California making it a 3 week camping trip, hauling dirt bikes and what not. Do it though, you only live once and MX of nations only comes to the US every decade or so!

|

6/20/2018 4:09 AM

I’ve never been but I already bought my GA and camping ticket for the party lot! Taking as many friends I can that are willing to go to help split fuel and everything. 16 hour drive for me. Last time I was at red bud was for a regional in 2011. Can’t wait, have a feeling the camper is gonna be trashed being in lot B but oh well! MERICA!!

|

6/20/2018 8:35 AM

Start calling all the rental car places you can to try and get a rental.

Maybe try to split a hotel with someone?

Another idea is to try and rent a camper but DONT camp in Lot B although I suspect every lot will be the same: a big ass moto party.

|

6/20/2018 9:03 AM

nascarnate326 wrote:

Start calling all the rental car places you can to try and get a rental.

Maybe try to split a hotel with someone?

Another ...more

Why not camp in lot B? Lol

|

6/20/2018 9:17 AM

Problem is guys, none of my friends are crazy enough (or smart enough?) to come with and spend the money. So unfortunately it seems it will be a solo effort.

|

6/20/2018 11:49 AM

shane509 wrote:

I am gonna have the wife and some smaller kids (they will be hitting the pumpkin farms and apple orchards while the boys are the race). No way in heck we are camping onsite! Already secured camping spots nearby for Friday through Sunday, though I am guessing this campground will be full of MX of Nations folks. A month ago it was almost full for that weekend already and they have over 200 spaces!

|

6/20/2018 11:55 AM

we might be loading up the motorhome and heading east, my brother is going for sure, I am working on me and my kid going

|

kcco

6/20/2018 11:59 AM

“God I know it cost a rib to get a wife, but how much will it cost for a friend and a ride to the MXGP?”.....”that will cost you an arm and a leg!”

|

6/20/2018 12:51 PM

Hop a freight train east and stop each night and motel 6 and shower and sleep. Pay a truck driver to drop you off after getting off freight train and then sleep on one of the fields nearby. And volunteer to pick up trash or flag and watch the race for free and then reverse it to get home.

|

6/20/2018 1:45 PM

craigathan404 wrote:

Alright guys. I’m ready to sell my soul to make it to MXdN. I know it’s gonna be expensive, but I’m going to try my best to ...more

I’ve already booked my room & bought my ticket. If you need a ride to the track I don’t mind offer helping you out. I won’t know till closer to October but I can often get fairly cheap hotel rooms with employee or family discount. I can book 2 rooms at once. I know that’s kinda late notice thou.

|

6/20/2018 4:45 PM

Fly into midway, get on the orange line (I think), go to oglevee transportation center, take the south shore to south bend,.......then, um....hitch hike I guess.

|

6/20/2018 5:29 PM

Amtrak runs from Chicago to Niles, Michigan. It's only about 10 miles from Red Bud. Uber.

|

You kids get off my lawn!

2013 KTM450 Factory Edition
Projects......lots of projects!

6/20/2018 5:44 PM

if you get to the track i will set you up with a tent, bedding, food and beer. i have a spot in prime 2 camping and will have my rig there for friday sat and sunday (maybe even sunday night) .

|

6/20/2018 6:19 PM

Take a spirit flight into Chicago, bus into Niles and buy a shitty wal mart tent, a cooler, and beer. Uber to B lot

|

6/21/2018 8:44 AM

You can get a motel in Benton harbor for like $15 dollars a night or $2 dollars a hour. You conceal carry right?

|

6/21/2018 6:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/22/2018 4:16 AM

There will still be some corn standing in October; sleep in the fields. Just remember some of that farm equipment gets up to go to work early.

|

6/21/2018 8:20 PM

shane509 wrote:

Asks the guy who's clearly never camped in lot B at Red Bud. Best hope that camper isn't burnt to the ground by Monday. Can only imagine the rowdiness that will ensue with the crazy Euro boys that will be in attendance.

|

6/22/2018 8:46 AM

Rent an SUV, buy some cheap air beds or air pads, park in a lot to camp and have at it by folding seats down and sleeping in the back. Sure, you might be a little dirty for 2 days, but who cares.

|

6/22/2018 10:59 AM

racerx217 wrote:

You can get a motel in Benton harbor for like $15 dollars a night or $2 dollars a hour. You conceal carry right?

May as well stay in Gary! Smells a lot nicer and the food is a lot better.

|

6/22/2018 2:28 PM

DavetheVintageGuy wrote:

Amtrak runs from Chicago to Niles, Michigan. It's only about 10 miles from Red Bud. Uber.

and that runs out of oglevee or union station? any way you can get there on an L right?

|

6/22/2018 2:46 PM

Union Station. Don't know about the L. It's about a 2 hour ride on Amtrak.

I took a similar ride a couple years ago to do a Fly N Ride purchase of a street bike in Elkhart, IN which is about 30 minutes south of Red Bud.

BTW, the people watching on the train is worth the fare.cool

|

You kids get off my lawn!

2013 KTM450 Factory Edition
Projects......lots of projects!

6/22/2018 2:56 PM

Is it viable to get an uber from a local hotel/motel to the track? I’m under 25 so car rental is gonna be ridiculous, and I’d like to partake in the festivities.

I don’t think my girlfriend is going to want to camp, especially around a bunch of rowdies

|

Greg D.
2018 yz250f

6/22/2018 3:40 PM

GregDVT wrote:

Is it viable to get an uber from a local hotel/motel to the track? I’m under 25 so car rental is gonna be ridiculous, and I’d ...more

For sure, you could even go to the Uber website site to get an estimate of the cost.... Looks like about $30 one way

https://www.uber.com/fare-estimate/

I would sure think you could get a ride back to town from someone at the race

|

6/22/2018 3:54 PM

GregDVT wrote:

Is it viable to get an uber from a local hotel/motel to the track? I’m under 25 so car rental is gonna be ridiculous, and I’d ...more

Just south of Paradise... wrote:

For sure, you could even go to the Uber website site to get an estimate of the cost.... Looks like about $30 one way

...more

If I could manage to get rides to and from airport/track/hotel I’d be down. Renting a car when you aren’t 25 or whatever age it is will end up costing more than the rest of the trip.

|

6/22/2018 6:22 PM

I'm staying at the Baymont Inn in Mishawaka. It's just outside of South Bend about 30 minutes or so from the track. As of now, I am rolling out solo, but that may change. A few friends want to go but aren't sure if they can get off of work yet. I am going no matter what. I'm driving out from PA on Wednesday and heading home on Monday. Depending on if anyone ends up going with me (from PA), I may have room if you are staying in the area

|

6/23/2018 3:48 AM

oldandslow1 wrote:

if you get to the track i will set you up with a tent, bedding, food and beer. i have a spot in prime 2 camping and will have ...more

moto is strong in this one - dude, just dude cool

|