MXdN 2020 still scheduled for September?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/3/2020 12:34 AM

I apologize in advance if this has been covered elsewhere. Took a quick glance and didn’t see anything about it in here.

In the announcement about the US Nationals it looks like the series will extend into October. I have a hard time imagining any of our top guys willing to race the MXdN with multiple rounds of the US series remaining.

If it gets pushed back to take place a week or two after the US nationals wrap up, it’ll be interesting to see how the US guys stack up with the euros without a month and a half of rust on them. Since that’s kind of been our go-to excuse for their lackluster finishes the last few years.

|

6/3/2020 9:12 AM

I think this years MXdN is gonna be a wash. No one is gonna go in the middle of the season and the World Championship season ends late November. Even if they would have it right after the US Nationals the US guys probably won’t go because the offseason is shorter than usual already, and the GP guys would still have races to go.

|

6/3/2020 9:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/3/2020 9:54 AM

It might not happen anyway... the FIM have pulled the plug on the entire world sidecarcross series for 2020 this afternoon with one of the main reasons being different restrictions in different countries means it is not a level playing field with regards to testing and training etc... I know you can’t be socially distant on a sidecar so in the UK at least we can’t ride at all but taking the differing laws in each country regarding riding in general how can any sort of World Championship be considered fair??? Supercross and National Championships are different as it’s the same for everyone involved but it has to throw a World Series into question...

|

6/3/2020 9:57 AM

It just sucks... Wife and I had 2 weeks in France planned for vacation this year that included Ernee MXoN in the middle of it. The entire thing tossed...

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!