MXON practice not streamed?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/5/2018 7:36 AM

Anyone know where to watch the practice sessions Saturday morning live? Does not look like mxgptv streams it?

|

10/5/2018 7:45 AM

There's never a live stream for practice sessions on MXGP-TV, just live timing.

|

www.90smotocross.com

Instagram - @90sMotocross
Facebook - 90s Motocross

10/5/2018 7:55 AM

chuckdavies wrote:

Correct, with one exception that I know: In 2016, the Friday qualifying races at Charlotte were washed out by Hurricane Hermine, so the event was compressed to a single day. Saturday's timed practice was carried by MXGP-TV, but of course the session counted as qualifying.

Anyway, I think timed practice should be streamed, especially for the MXoN.

|

10/5/2018 8:05 AM

chuckdavies wrote:

Yea i have the streaming package, but just thought for something like MXON they would also bring in something like Nationals timed practice streamed free.

|

10/5/2018 9:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/5/2018 9:04 AM

as far as i know there is no timed practice at MXON ... just practice , as if there were timed practice there would not be the need for a ballot for the qualirace gate picks

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

10/5/2018 9:34 AM

RichardLoots wrote:

as far as i know there is no timed practice at MXON ... just practice , as if there were timed practice there would not be the ...more

Free practice is always timed at MXGP events, including the MXoN. Last year Herlings was fastest overall in free practice. Shocker.

It'd be cool if we got to watch free practice, just for reference, same as P1, P2 and P3 in F1.

|

10/5/2018 9:46 AM

RichardLoots wrote:

as far as i know there is no timed practice at MXON ... just practice , as if there were timed practice there would not be the ...more

Saturday free practice times from Matterly last year. Photo

|

10/5/2018 10:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/5/2018 10:50 AM

RichardLoots wrote:

early wrote:

its free practice ... like in MXGP and its timed i know , but in MXGP there is a difference in free and timed and the purpose of both practice sessions

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

10/5/2018 11:01 AM

Will the qualifying races be streamed somewhere besides mxgp.com ? (online free stream?)

|

10/5/2018 11:03 AM

Rocket-Z wrote:

Will the qualifying races be streamed somewhere besides mxgp.com ? (online free stream?)

not if luongo isnt getting his cut..

|

10/5/2018 11:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/5/2018 11:04 AM

RichardLoots wrote:

its free practice ... like in MXGP and its timed i know , but in MXGP there is a difference in free and timed and the purpose ...more

Yes but the only thing keeping "free practice" from being "timed practice" is the name, the laptumes are recorded regardless.

|

10/6/2018 12:23 AM

So when does practice start?

|

10/6/2018 12:34 AM

Sideways wrote:

This is local time, so in about 6 and a half hours.

Photo

|

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

10/6/2018 12:45 AM

Sideways wrote:

Edge-Of-Adhesion wrote:

This is local time, so in about 6 and a half hours.

Photo

Thank you!

|

10/6/2018 2:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/6/2018 2:19 AM

early wrote:

RichardLoots wrote:

its free practice ... like in MXGP and its timed i know , but in MXGP there is a difference in free and timed and the purpose ...more

early wrote:

Yes but the only thing keeping "free practice" from being "timed practice" is the name, the laptumes are recorded regardless.

Timed Practice determines the gate position for the qualifying race in MXGP.

Free Practice doesn't, it is ultimately practice (which is timed but means nothing) much like 'Warm-up' on Sunday.

MXoN doesn't have Timed Practice, they use a 'ping pong ball' lottery to decide gate position for the Qualifying Races.

Whilst relatively minor, there's a difference between Free and Timed Practice.

|

10/6/2018 7:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/6/2018 7:21 AM

early wrote:

RichardLoots wrote:

early wrote:

Seriously lay off the beer. Timed is used for running order in qualifying, free is used for nothing but lame ass pussies calling their favorite rider fast while half of the riders is still holding back.

|

10/6/2018 7:25 AM

63mark wrote:

Seriously lay off the beer. Timed is used for running order in qualifying, free is used for nothing but lame ass pussies ...more

laughing laughing
|

10/6/2018 8:13 AM

63mark wrote:

Seriously lay off the beer. Timed is used for running order in qualifying, free is used for nothing but lame ass pussies ...more

Everyone else in the world including MotoGP calla that Qualifying Practice. Doesn't even matter because USA drew 2nd gate in the lottery. laughing

|

10/6/2018 9:17 AM

early wrote:

63mark wrote:

early wrote:

Everyone else in the world including MotoGP calla that Qualifying Practice. Doesn't even matter because USA drew 2nd gate in ...more

So? If everyone in the world starts wearing pink thongs, i should do that aswell? Just say we should call it like that, cuz thats how you call it in america.....
Thats just for quali, we still have the fastest man in the field....

|

10/6/2018 10:36 AM

Stream should start at 2:30 Eastern or do they not stream the qualifiers?

|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

10/6/2018 10:49 AM

Moto96 wrote:

Stream should start at 2:30 Eastern or do they not stream the qualifiers?

Qualifiers are streamed if you have the MXoN pass on the mxgp-tv.com.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."