MXON getting across the border with a criminal record

Related:
Create New Tag

7/26/2018 1:44 PM

just how strict is America these days? It's been 9 years since I came. I want to make the trip but have assault on my record ( stopping a bully get to my friend).

Do I declare this and risk getting denied or do I fill out a green card and risk it.

|

Never give up on Anyone

7/26/2018 1:46 PM

I'm pretty sure you can just cruise right over with zero issues

|

7/26/2018 1:52 PM

I live in Washington state and my kids race bmx and the have a lot of nationals in British Columbia but have a felony from 88 and been told by others dads if you even have a dwi they won’t let you in so I have yet to try. But have no clue getting into USA

|

7/26/2018 1:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/26/2018 1:59 PM

If you have a passport just send it. Don't say anything incriminating unless asked lol

|

Race Bike: 2018 KTM 350SXF

Other Bikes: 1985 CR80R, 1990 CR250R, 1998 PW80, Specialized Fuse Comp 29.

Sold: 2016 YZ250F, 2012 CRF250R

7/26/2018 2:15 PM

Generally anything with a criminal conviction is a instant 'do not pass' when it comes to getting into Canada. I've heard of a few hit/miss cases where people have made it through but seems to depend on history, and how our tin soldier border guard is feeling that day...

|

7/26/2018 2:34 PM

travis-grant wrote:

just how strict is America these days? It's been 9 years since I came. I want to make the trip but have assault on my record ( stopping a bully get to my friend).

Do I declare this and risk getting denied or do I fill out a green card and risk it.

you will be able to preapply for a visa if you are worried, i know of people that have been turned back, but the guys i know that have preapplied have got in,

and you will have to apply for an ESTA before you leave,

|

7/26/2018 2:35 PM

Are you Mexican or Cuban?

|

7/26/2018 2:54 PM

Based on his location in his bio, he is in Great Britain and will be trying to get into USA for MXON.

Not sure why people are mentioning Canada?

|

7/26/2018 3:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/26/2018 3:24 PM

travis-grant wrote:

scott_nz wrote:

you will be able to preapply for a visa if you are worried, i know of people that have been turned back, but the guys i know that have preapplied have got in,

and you will have to apply for an ESTA before you leave,

Indeed I am surprised why you would need to apply for a VISA. Maybe since the Brexit ?

For all Schengen space and I think the UK it is just the ESTA. You just declare you are travelling (and the address where you are staying).

I still managed to get refused the ESTA whereas I had an interview with the CFO of ConEdison. blink w00t laughing

|

7/26/2018 5:41 PM

Dunno if you are eligible for an ESTA but if you are just fill it out online with all correct info and you'll have an answer really quickly if you'll be able to enter USA or not. Worked for me with dutch nationality.

|

7/26/2018 5:48 PM

If you don’t need to provide any supporting paperwork then deny it, easier.. they aren’t going to look you up at the airport.

|

7/26/2018 7:03 PM

Not intending to get political here but if I was a foreigner planning on travel to the USA...I'd have to have second thoughts because of the constantly changing policies. What a mess.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

7/26/2018 7:08 PM

plowboy wrote:

Not intending to get political here but if I was a foreigner planning on travel to the USA...I'd have to have second thoughts because of the constantly changing policies. What a mess.

Visa policy is still the same. Unless your from the 7 countries banned

|

7/26/2018 7:10 PM

plowboy wrote:

Explain constantly changing?

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

7/26/2018 7:13 PM

travis-grant wrote:

Travis,

Here is some good info for you

http://www.esta.us/uk.html

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

7/26/2018 9:45 PM

You can get into Mexico I bet. And from there it’s wide open spaces to get up north. Easy Pickens.

|

A 350 is always the solution.
My favorite time of year is when the biblical rains come to Southern California

7/26/2018 10:47 PM

We went in 16... had to get an esta... some of us had to go to U.S embassy as had convictions for drugs etc... we all were aloud in though... I would not risk it.. the people at the gate when u get off the plane ante super diligent.. ask all sort of questions... if you’re serious , get an esta buddy

|

7/27/2018 3:50 AM

Doubt you’ll even get on the plane without an an ESTA.

|

7/27/2018 3:55 AM

A British friend of mine overstayed his permitted 6 months on a US trip. He went back to the UK after about 8 months. Nothing was said. However next time he went back to America they pulled him at US immigration, strip-searched him and threw him in jail. He can never go back.

They don’t fuck around over there.

|