MXON Team France ? (update)

8/25/2017 5:09am
Actually, outside of Tixier/Pourcel, our best and fastest 250 choices are Boisrame and Moreau. Brian is very fast on a 250 (set the fastest lap of...
Actually, outside of Tixier/Pourcel, our best and fastest 250 choices are Boisrame and Moreau.

Brian is very fast on a 250 (set the fastest lap of his group at the opening round of the French championship ahead of guys like Charbonneau, Malaval and Renaux) but he is a little too inconsistent.

Boisrame on the other hand is fast, smooth and a good starter. He just need to get a little stronger physically. Next to those two we got:

Desprey
Teillet
Herbreteau
Goupillon
Malaval
Dercourt
Now that would be interesting! Has Brian ridden the 250 much in France? How has he done outside of that one result you mentioned? He was...
Now that would be interesting! Has Brian ridden the 250 much in France? How has he done outside of that one result you mentioned? He was the only consistent guy this year in EMX125. I love his technique and smooth riding style, I've always thought it would suit a four stroke really well. Would be a pretty big spot to put the kid in though.
This is the only race he has done on the 250 and his results in both motos were very bad due to a couple crashes.

But I remember an interview of Tristan Charbonneau saying that Brian was fast as he is when he was racing the 250 last winter.
DeStouwer
8/25/2017 5:24am
This is the only race he has done on the 250 and his results in both motos were very bad due to a couple crashes. But...
This is the only race he has done on the 250 and his results in both motos were very bad due to a couple crashes.

But I remember an interview of Tristan Charbonneau saying that Brian was fast as he is when he was racing the 250 last winter.
Training is not racing. By the way, I think we're all jumping to conclusions here, it's not even known if Paturel will have to sit it out.
Neek
8/25/2017 5:42am
This is the only race he has done on the 250 and his results in both motos were very bad due to a couple crashes. But...

DeStouwer wrote:
Training is not racing. By the way, I think we're all jumping to conclusions here, it's not even known if Paturel will have to sit it...
Training is not racing. By the way, I think we're all jumping to conclusions here, it's not even known if Paturel will have to sit it out.
According to the Facebook account from the club managing track of the French GP mid September, Paturel should be OK for the next GP (USA)... It was posted on wednesday though...

ayearinmx
8/25/2017 7:44am
Tixier doesn't get on with people, and people don't get on with him....

Shocker

Whistling

The Shop

8/25/2017 8:08am
ayearinmx wrote:

Shocker

Whistling
Main relationships problem is with his father, not with him.
8/25/2017 10:20am
Man what a bummer for both Ferrandis and Paturel, I hope Paturel can still recover for mxon, at certain moments he can be blazingly fast (gp of Swizz for example)

I guess a good move right now would be to get Pourcell involved, he had a good season in Canada this summer so there's that. Maybye look for an option who will / can ride a 250f.

Motofinne
8/25/2017 10:33am Edited Date/Time 8/25/2017 10:35am
If Paturel can't race, put Brian Moreau on the 250.

I assume that CP isn't an option, although it would be awesome to see!
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/25/2017 12:31pm
I'd like to see Richier, not gonna happen though
So I go with Boisrame
RangerLee
8/25/2017 5:56pm
Neek wrote:
Now that sucks if Paturel is out. No way Marvin is riding MXDN so we are left with Tixier and after that veteran french championship riders...
Now that sucks if Paturel is out.
No way Marvin is riding MXDN so we are left with Tixier and after that veteran french championship riders or young riders from EMX250.
No matter which one is picked, we're screwed.

Non exhaustive list of filling up riders :

Tixier
Boog
Teillet
Soubeyras
Desprey
Boisramé
Rubini
Goupillon
Pichon

Honestly, it is not IDEAL for France, but fortunately this year the team has some depth, which is nice because very few teams can go a few riders in and still be a Win contender. Sucks that Ferrandis is out (where did the injury come from anyway?) but team France will still have a good team.
8/26/2017 3:48am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2017 3:49am
Last update we've had from Benoit Paturel saying that he is out for USGP and still unsure for MXON. We heard that his liver was bleeding so the hospital is gonna keep him to check it out next week. We will have more news then.
Rowlands
8/26/2017 4:21am
I hope Benoit is ok and is able to ride, would be a real bummer for him and team France if he was unable to make it.

Good news for the other teams though and I don't mean that as a disrespect to guys injured. It's wide open.
MXMattii
8/27/2017 3:22pm
Last update we've had from Benoit Paturel saying that he is out for USGP and still unsure for MXON. We heard that his liver was bleeding...
Last update we've had from Benoit Paturel saying that he is out for USGP and still unsure for MXON. We heard that his liver was bleeding so the hospital is gonna keep him to check it out next week. We will have more news then.
That sucks for him. Lets hope he can recover fast and race the MXON!

Otherwise put Christophe Pourcel on a Jacky Martens 250cc Husqvarna and make him race for his country! Lots of fans will love that. Boisrame is a great choice too, he was really good at the EMX250 races! Someone like Valentin Teillet would be a option too but he got injured in a supercross crash, isn't it? I thought I saw that on his FB.
philG
8/28/2017 2:47am
ayearinmx wrote:

Shocker

Whistling
French guy in 'attitude problem ' shocker. The FFM is a bunch of asshats , and they get back what they give out, IMO, and considering the popularity of MX in france, they still manage to alienate the fans at every opportunity.
MXMattii
9/1/2017 11:01am Edited Date/Time 9/1/2017 11:02am
Paturel is out.
9/1/2017 11:36am
Yup, Benoit Paturel is out. Heard Boisrame, Rubini and Herbreteau were contacted by the French Federation.
Rowlands
9/1/2017 12:07pm
Yup, Benoit Paturel is out. Heard Boisrame, Rubini and Herbreteau were contacted by the French Federation.
This is good news for the other teams. Leaves the door wide open for the win.

Youthstream still have Dylan Ferrandis on the entry list. I'm guessing he is he totally ruled out ?
Question
9/1/2017 4:33pm
Ouch. Sketchy. These young riders are good and can get a top 10 in their category, but i am afraid one of the main missing links is the equipment. None are factory riders yet. Until they get a top 5 in mx2, I think it is way too early. Or they need to find a bike. The mxdn pace is no joke. Even Boog had difficulties to crack the top 10 in both motos on a factory kawi while scoring 7th in the mxgp championship. CP, well here the 250 husky could podium or at least top 10 1 moto but i don't know if everyone involved would be interested.
MXMattii
9/1/2017 4:37pm
Boisrame is a good call. That keeps the team in contention. A other possibility would be to put Paulin on the 250 Husqvarna and race with Febvre and Boog, Teillet, Aransas,... or a other good rider for the MX Open class. Someone who can claim one good finish.
Rowlands
9/2/2017 4:36am
Tixier I back on the bike, is there really that much bitterness between the federation and him for him not to be able to ride ?
F.B
9/2/2017 4:40am
Rowlands wrote:
Tixier I back on the bike, is there really that much bitterness between the federation and him for him not to be able to ride ?
Yes. Grinning
Rowlands
9/2/2017 5:10am
Rowlands wrote:
F.B wrote:
Yes. Grinning
Oh dear Laughing
Question
9/2/2017 6:02am
On motoverte.com, they list all the potential riders, CP and Tixier seem to be a "no no", and logically they put Musquin back as the best pick if he chooses to postpone his surgery. Based on how much money is up for grabs next year, plus the pressure as the team leader, I don't see that happening.
"So do you think there is chance?"

Otherwise sending a rookie with like 5 GPS in the points, or a very good ex gp rider that both don't have a bike to be upfront is crazy.

Could Musquin ask Ktm a favor? Like "please don't let france force me to race, let us just send them a factory 250 and let me do the surgery so we can perform next year."
RG1
9/2/2017 9:29am
Looks as though Brian Moreau got the call. Unless he's just joking, which would be odd

crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
9/2/2017 9:32am
RG1 wrote:
Looks as though Brian Moreau got the call. Unless he's just joking, which would be odd [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/09/02/212571/s1200_Screenshot_20170902_172727.jpg[/img]
Looks as though Brian Moreau got the call. Unless he's just joking, which would be odd

Just saw that too.
Not sure he's the best pick but he does deserve it, had a great EMX season as well
MXMattii
9/2/2017 9:42am
OMFG! Really? He scored 18 points in the French 250 championship! Mathys Boisramé would be the best choice if you ask me. He won races in the very competitive EMX250 class and also won races in the French 250 Championship.

Also a team with: Romain Febvre (MX1), Gautier Paulin (MX2) and Valentin Teillet/ Maxime Desprey/ Xavier Boog (MX Open) Would be stronger. Nothing against Brian neither against Pascal but this will make a lot of people pissed.
DeStouwer
9/2/2017 10:11am
MXMattii wrote:
OMFG! Really? He scored 18 points in the French 250 championship! Mathys Boisramé would be the best choice if you ask me. He won races in...
OMFG! Really? He scored 18 points in the French 250 championship! Mathys Boisramé would be the best choice if you ask me. He won races in the very competitive EMX250 class and also won races in the French 250 Championship.

Also a team with: Romain Febvre (MX1), Gautier Paulin (MX2) and Valentin Teillet/ Maxime Desprey/ Xavier Boog (MX Open) Would be stronger. Nothing against Brian neither against Pascal but this will make a lot of people pissed.
Paulin is way too big for an MX2. Teillet never showed what he was capable of, Boog isn't fast enough anymore and Desprey has difficulties getting inside top 15. They should've just picked Boisramé. But Moreau is a good choice for the future too.
MXMattii
9/2/2017 10:32am
MXMattii wrote:
OMFG! Really? He scored 18 points in the French 250 championship! Mathys Boisramé would be the best choice if you ask me. He won races in...

DeStouwer wrote:
Paulin is way too big for an MX2. Teillet never showed what he was capable of, Boog isn't fast enough anymore and Desprey has difficulties getting...
Paulin is way too big for an MX2. Teillet never showed what he was capable of, Boog isn't fast enough anymore and Desprey has difficulties getting inside top 15. They should've just picked Boisramé. But Moreau is a good choice for the future too.
Oh please: to big for MX2. That is a excuses used by chikendipshits that can't win anyway. In the past you got grown men battling each other on 125cc bikes. The 250 4stroke can handle Paulin.

Teillet was very good in the French Championship and in 2016 he showed his real skill in the qualification race at the French GP. Flashes of briliancy. Boog isn't fast enough but can claim one top ten with a good start and same goes for Desprey if you ask me. But like you say Boisramé should always be there first pick! If Pourcel on JM Racing Husqvarna or Tixier on Bud Racing/Factory Racing 250 isn't your first pick.

Who's happy with this pick?! The competition!

Post a reply to: MXON Team France ? (update)

The Latest