MXON Team France ? (update)

Related:
Create New Tag

8/24/2017 11:35 PM

So the original team was :

MXGP : Gautier Paulin
MX2 : Dylan Ferrandis
OPEN : Romain Febvre
Reserve rider : Benoit Paturel

Now we heard Ferrandis is out of it with a broken scaphoid. He's been replaced by Paturel in MX2.

BUT... we now heard Paturel crashed while training at Villars Sous Ecots and has to stay at the hospital for a few days.

IF (and that is still a big if) Paturel can't race, who goes to Des Nations for team France ?

|

8/24/2017 11:49 PM

Only a few days so I guess nothing too bad to race in a month's time.

But indeed, if.

- If you guys want to win Musquin will have to postpone his knee operation (what I can't see happening).
- Try and get Tixier fit and put him on the MX2.
- You could put a young gun on the bike to get some experience (Rubini, Herbreteau, Boisramé, Goupillon...)

I wouldn't panic yet though wink

|

8/24/2017 11:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/24/2017 11:51 PM

Now that sucks if Paturel is out.
No way Marvin is riding MXDN so we are left with Tixier and after that veteran french championship riders or young riders from EMX250.
No matter which one is picked, we're screwed.

Non exhaustive list of filling up riders :

Tixier
Boog
Teillet
Soubeyras
Desprey
Boisramé
Rubini
Goupillon
Pichon

|

8/25/2017 12:07 AM

Neek wrote:

Now that sucks if Paturel is out.
No way Marvin is riding MXDN so we are left with Tixier and after that veteran french championship riders or young riders from EMX250.
No matter which one is picked, we're screwed.

Non exhaustive list of filling up riders :

Tixier
Boog
Teillet
Soubeyras
Desprey
Boisramé
Rubini
Goupillon
Pichon

I forgot Pichon's kid races, so I had to do a double take on that one.

|

8/25/2017 12:11 AM

It does affect the chances of the team if Paturel can't race.

|

8/25/2017 12:12 AM

Yeah that would suck for France who had such a great pool with good backups to end up without a top 3rd rider.
We all know Tixier have the talent but his last few years has been horrible. Dont know who would be the best fill-in. Rubini or Teillet?

|

8/25/2017 12:15 AM

I'd obviously go with the canadian vice-champion.

|

8/25/2017 12:21 AM

DRAGONBACK wrote:

I'd obviously go with the canadian vice-champion.

Amazing how quickly one forgets!

Yes of course. Even though Pourcel hasnt been himself all year, I´d pick him over all those guys in a heartbeat.
Tons of MXoN experience as well.

|

8/25/2017 12:24 AM

It is an MX2 bike we need. So I guess Tixier would be the best choice as he's been world champion on the 250.

|

8/25/2017 12:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2017 12:24 AM

DRAGONBACK wrote:

I'd obviously go with the canadian vice-champion.

Your favourite rider!

|

Jeff Emigs Keys to the Race:
1. Get a good start
2. Don't crash

8/25/2017 12:28 AM

kaidoddragon wrote:

It is an MX2 bike we need. So I guess Tixier would be the best choice as he's been world champion on the 250.

So has Christophe Pourcel

|

8/25/2017 12:39 AM

kaidoddragon wrote:

It is an MX2 bike we need. So I guess Tixier would be the best choice as he's been world champion on the 250.

Agree.
Tixier on a Bud Racing Kawasaki 250f.

|

8/25/2017 12:49 AM

Have disagree big time with those picking Tixier. Pourcel is by far the best choice. I actually completely forgot about him too. Ide rate him over Paturel, just cause of his starting skills alone! Wow even im surprised i completely forgot about him.

|

8/25/2017 12:53 AM

But Tixier and the French Motorcyclist association don't really get along well, I believe. Not sure they will think of him.

|

8/25/2017 12:54 AM

MCarthur wrote:

But Tixier and the French Motorcyclist association don't really get along well, I believe. Not sure they will think of him.

That s right. Unfortunately.

|

8/25/2017 12:57 AM

Langston_fan wrote:

Have disagree big time with those picking Tixier. Pourcel is by far the best choice. I actually completely forgot about him too. Ide rate him over Paturel, just cause of his starting skills alone! Wow even im surprised i completely forgot about him.

French fédération doesn t want to work with him anymore, and for many years now.
So does Pourcel.

No way it could happen in those conditions.

|

8/25/2017 1:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2017 1:02 AM

MCarthur wrote:

But Tixier and the French Motorcyclist association don't really get along well, I believe. Not sure they will think of him.

THE mx addict wrote:

That s right. Unfortunately.

So does Pourcel and French Federation...
As long as FFM doesn't give big big check, he will stay home jetskiing.

|

8/25/2017 1:02 AM

Ray_MXS wrote:

Yeah that would suck for France who had such a great pool with good backups to end up without a top 3rd rider.
We all know Tixier have the talent but his last few years has been horrible. Dont know who would be the best fill-in. Rubini or Teillet?

Maybe Rubini since he's more acclimated to 250f than Teillet who's been riding 450F for many years now.

|

8/25/2017 1:03 AM

Rubini?
Are you really serious?

|

8/25/2017 1:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2017 1:09 AM

THE mx addict wrote:

Rubini?
Are you really serious?

Unfortunately yes...

Teillet will be in mode checkers or wreckers going from 450 to 250 and if we look at last few years, he's beeing better at rising his bike than trophies...

I've absolutely no beef against the guy, he's one of the smartest and interesting guy (with Boog) from the french championship and very skilled on the bike.

|

8/25/2017 1:10 AM

THE mx addict wrote:

Rubini?
Are you really serious?

He´s the best placing french MX2 rider after Paturel and if Tixier and Pourcel is no-go´s...

|

8/25/2017 1:20 AM

How willing would Pourcel be to do it? If I remember there's a bit of animosity between him and the french manager?

|

8/25/2017 1:23 AM

jorgechavez wrote:

How willing would Pourcel be to do it? If I remember there's a bit of animosity between him and the french manager?

There is a lot of animosity towards Pourcel from many many people actually.

|

8/25/2017 1:28 AM

THE mx addict wrote:

Rubini?
Are you really serious?

Ray_MXS wrote:

He´s the best placing french MX2 rider after Paturel and if Tixier and Pourcel is no-go´s...

It won t happen.
French federation would rather pick Boisrame instead.

|

8/25/2017 1:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2017 1:35 AM

THE mx addict wrote:

Rubini?
Are you really serious?

Ray_MXS wrote:

He´s the best placing french MX2 rider after Paturel and if Tixier and Pourcel is no-go´s...

THE mx addict wrote:

It won t happen.
French federation would rather pick Boisrame instead.

And with reason. I think Boisramé is a better rider.

|

8/25/2017 1:35 AM

Bring Demaria back!

|

Jeff Emigs Keys to the Race:
1. Get a good start
2. Don't crash

8/25/2017 1:40 AM

DeStouwer wrote:

And with reason. I think Boisramé is a better rider.

Actually, yes.

|

8/25/2017 1:41 AM

jamma10 wrote:

Bring Demaria back!

Good idea.
With the Pepsi 500CR "courtesy of JMB".
wink

|

8/25/2017 2:41 AM

wow that sucks , first Musquin , Ferrandis and now Paturel .. the 3rd rider this year is so important to get a possible win

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

8/25/2017 4:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2017 4:02 AM

Actually, outside of Tixier/Pourcel, our best and fastest 250 choices are Boisrame and Moreau.

Brian is very fast on a 250 (set the fastest lap of his group at the opening round of the French championship ahead of guys like Charbonneau, Malaval and Renaux) but he is a little too inconsistent.

Boisrame on the other hand is fast, smooth and a good starter. He just need to get a little stronger physically. Next to those two we got:

Desprey
Teillet
Herbreteau
Goupillon
Malaval
Dercourt

|