MXON Team France (official)

RG1
8/8/2017 10:37am Edited Date/Time 8/8/2017 10:39am
Sodipop wrote:
When does Simpson come back. I'd rather have him than Searle
RG1 wrote:
Uddevalla, but team has to be picked by end of August so gives him 1 GP too get a spot on the team. Searle's ability on...
Uddevalla, but team has to be picked by end of August so gives him 1 GP too get a spot on the team. Searle's ability on a 250 makes him a much better pick IMO. We already have 2 solid 450 guys who have been riding all season and in good form
EnvyMedia wrote:
Searle's results have been lackluster the last couple of years, and been injured all this year. Has he ridden a 250 after 2012? What makes him...
Searle's results have been lackluster the last couple of years, and been injured all this year. Has he ridden a 250 after 2012? What makes him a better pick?
He dropped down to ride a 250 for team GB in Latvia and won the MX2 class overall. He's great at Matterley and is our best and most consistent performer at MXdN in recent memory. He has never once let us down, in fact if anything, he has deserved to be on the podium multiple times at this event and been let down by other riders on the team. Plus, he is desperate to ride this event in front of his home crowd, which is always good to have
RangerLee
8/8/2017 10:39am
Lets not also forget, just like when the MXoN is in the US and our team has hold track advantage from racing it every year. The track this year is part of the MXGP circuit so most of the NON-US riders have alot of experience on it. That experience makes a difference. Osborne has time on the track, though it has been several years.
Rowlands
8/8/2017 12:28pm
To they guys doubting Paulin and Febvre correct me if I'm wrong but these two have been part of the winning team the last to years.... both in similar form to last season

I'm hoping for Deano/Anstie/ Searle for GBR,

Reserve: Simpson in for Searle and put Anstie on the 250
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
8/8/2017 12:46pm
Rowlands wrote:
To they guys doubting Paulin and Febvre correct me if I'm wrong but these two have been part of the winning team the last to years...
To they guys doubting Paulin and Febvre correct me if I'm wrong but these two have been part of the winning team the last to years.... both in similar form to last season

I'm hoping for Deano/Anstie/ Searle for GBR,

Reserve: Simpson in for Searle and put Anstie on the 250
Yeah and they needed all sorts of luck to win it

The Shop

DeStouwer
8/8/2017 12:57pm
RangerLee wrote:
Lets not also forget, just like when the MXoN is in the US and our team has hold track advantage from racing it every year. The...
Lets not also forget, just like when the MXoN is in the US and our team has hold track advantage from racing it every year. The track this year is part of the MXGP circuit so most of the NON-US riders have alot of experience on it. That experience makes a difference. Osborne has time on the track, though it has been several years.
Yeah it's a regular GP track but I think it's the most US-like one can get on this side of the pond. Most GP fans said this track would've suited RV the best of the whole season.

And hey, these are top athletes, they should be able to perform on any track, right? Cool
St Ann More
8/8/2017 1:04pm
Sodipop wrote:
When does Simpson come back. I'd rather have him than Searle
RG1 wrote:
Uddevalla, but team has to be picked by end of August so gives him 1 GP too get a spot on the team. Searle's ability on...
Uddevalla, but team has to be picked by end of August so gives him 1 GP too get a spot on the team. Searle's ability on a 250 makes him a much better pick IMO. We already have 2 solid 450 guys who have been riding all season and in good form
EnvyMedia wrote:
Searle's results have been lackluster the last couple of years, and been injured all this year. Has he ridden a 250 after 2012? What makes him...
Searle's results have been lackluster the last couple of years, and been injured all this year. Has he ridden a 250 after 2012? What makes him a better pick?
He always performs at the MXdN, he's one of the first names on the roster in my book if fit.

I miss the days of him on the 250 going around Matterley, the dude was off the hook.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
8/8/2017 8:08pm
RangerLee wrote:
Lets not also forget, just like when the MXoN is in the US and our team has hold track advantage from racing it every year. The...
DeStouwer wrote:
Yeah it's a regular GP track but I think it's the most US-like one can get on this side of the pond. Most GP fans said...
Yeah it's a regular GP track but I think it's the most US-like one can get on this side of the pond. Most GP fans said this track would've suited RV the best of the whole season.

And hey, these are top athletes, they should be able to perform on any track, right? Cool
The MxDN is almost always a GP track. Easy to say your last statement when it is always someone else adjusting to your tracks and almost never the other way around. Only three times in the history of the event have the AMA riders held the advantage.
Xavier
8/8/2017 9:35pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2017 9:36pm
I think the 2017 MXDN winning team will score more points than usual.
To score very few points you need to have 2 potential race winners and a strong third man.
No nation seems to have that in stock for that edition.
France, Belgium and Holland and seem the closest from that criteria.
Out of these three, I see only Holland having a serious chance to score only two points win one of their riders (guess who).
USA still a question mark but one can see Osborne potentially scoring lowest in his class, although it will probably be substantially more than two points.
Switzerland would have been terrific with Seewer Tonus and Guillod (who is always good at Matterley) but Valentin is injured.
Brits at home : never to be discounted.
So all in all you have a good 5/6 teams competing for this thing and individuals like Cairoli who will be in the mix.
It is as un-predictible as it's been for many years, IMO.
France a contender, not a favorite (I see no favorite out there).

Post a reply to: MXON Team France (official)

The Latest