MXON Ernee 2020

Edited Date/Time 10/12/2018 4:11pm
Was anyone surprised as much as I was when Ernee was announced that they was hosting the Nations there in 2020? I mean it's a great facility but they only had it 2015, plenty of other great tracks that can host it surely?
|
Ray_MXS
10/10/2018 10:33am
Yeah I thought exactly the same thing.
10/10/2018 10:34am
it seems like they visit France WAY too much for this race.. just my opinion
500guy
10/10/2018 10:36am
they have the facility and the crowd supports it financially

No surprise to me, The event is no small feat to pull off.
10/10/2018 10:37am
I'm not worried about the country so much, it's about using the same track again in such a short time period plus France has plenty of decent tracks to choose from.

The Shop

Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
10/10/2018 10:55am
Ernee itself by the end of 2020 will have hosted the MxDN 3 times from 05 to 20. Asia, North America, South America, Africa and Australia and the oceanic countries will have hosted it 3 times in total during the same time frame.
ga_pike
10/10/2018 10:55am
It is a pretty awesome track. At least it's a real track and not loads of sand dumped on an asphalt race car track
RG1
10/10/2018 10:56am
I'm not surprised. They said at the MXdN in 2015 that it would be back in 2020. I can understand why it is there, but for me I would rather it was somewhere else, cos it feels like we were just there. It was an incredible event there though. I strongly urge everyone to try and get there
vschaik141
10/10/2018 11:11am
I'm not familiar with their tracks but it would be cool to have one in Australia. Or at least have a GP there.
loftyair
10/10/2018 11:20am
Whatever banks luongo the most...
zehn
10/10/2018 11:29am
Makes sense really. Centrally located to where basically all of Europe can get their cheaply, and Americans can go fairly easily as well without the 20+ hour flights to a place like Australia. Combine that with the natural layout of the track, the incredible atmosphere, and facilities, it just makes sense. Plus I really like that track.
keinz
10/10/2018 12:41pm
Why you are complaining about that.If I remember US performed quite well when they last time raced MXDN there. Much better than this year
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
10/10/2018 12:42pm
keinz wrote:
Why you are complaining about that.If I remember US performed quite well when they last time raced MXDN there. Much better than this year
You know the OP is British ya dink.
10/10/2018 2:41pm
I'm good with that. Have to start planning the family vacation now. Wanted to do South of France anyway. "Wonder what's happening in this area today honey? Oh wow, there's a motocross race on. What are the chances?" Whistling
philG
10/10/2018 2:59pm
Ernee is a fantastic track, awesome atmosphere, and has all you need . No 'camping is sold out ' shit, just miles and miles of fields that they just open up . I would rather go to St Jean, even though i hate travelling in France.

Not many tracks that can pull it off, Matterley, Teuschenthal, St Jean, Lommel.. Kegums was OK , but it was a pan to get to,it was too far to drive for a lot of folk, so while it was a good weekend, it wasnt rammed.

Not keen on Assen next year , but i wont miss it.
AB#81
10/10/2018 2:59pm
I'm good with that. Have to start planning the family vacation now. Wanted to do South of France anyway. "Wonder what's happening in this area today...
I'm good with that. Have to start planning the family vacation now. Wanted to do South of France anyway. "Wonder what's happening in this area today honey? Oh wow, there's a motocross race on. What are the chances?" Whistling
It's in north of france
10/10/2018 3:41pm
I'm good with that. Have to start planning the family vacation now. Wanted to do South of France anyway. "Wonder what's happening in this area today...
AB#81 wrote:
It's in north of france
Yes. And I'll be able to see the South as well which I have a preference for. Sorry for the confusion
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
10/10/2018 3:55pm
vschaik141 wrote:
I'm not familiar with their tracks but it would be cool to have one in Australia. Or at least have a GP there.
Our tracks are terrible and we are to far away. We just don't have the permanent facilities that the US and Euros do. Maybe a purpose built track somewhere would be the only option but its just not going to happen.

New Zealand on the other hand has some amazing looking tracks, not sure on the facilities to go along with those tracks though.

Neither NZ or Aus are pulling the kind of numbers that we saw at Red Bud or the Euro des nations. We dont have the population and people arent travelling 20 hours on a bird to watch it in the numbers it would need to make it worthwhile.
10/10/2018 4:09pm
vschaik141 wrote:
haydos25 wrote:
Our tracks are terrible and we are to far away. We just don't have the permanent facilities that the US and Euros do. Maybe a purpose...
Our tracks are terrible and we are to far away. We just don't have the permanent facilities that the US and Euros do. Maybe a purpose built track somewhere would be the only option but its just not going to happen.

New Zealand on the other hand has some amazing looking tracks, not sure on the facilities to go along with those tracks though.

Neither NZ or Aus are pulling the kind of numbers that we saw at Red Bud or the Euro des nations. We dont have the population and people arent travelling 20 hours on a bird to watch it in the numbers it would need to make it worthwhile.
Goanna tracks, Monza Park, Ravenswood (Bendigo) etc (off the top of my head) we have great classic tracks just need the infastructure. QMP in Qld would be good plenty of space and elevation in a nice part of the world close to a capital city and yes they have the money as well. Manjimup still could do it just to far away to travel.
Conondale would be the ultimate heaps of space located in gods country amazing track with untapped potential just a fuckwit mentality of some of the locals there (greenies and do gooders)
I bet by the time Ernee comes around they will have modified that track to 1m30s lap times
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
10/10/2018 4:29pm
Goanna tracks, Monza Park, Ravenswood (Bendigo) etc (off the top of my head) we have great classic tracks just need the infastructure. QMP in Qld would...
Goanna tracks, Monza Park, Ravenswood (Bendigo) etc (off the top of my head) we have great classic tracks just need the infastructure. QMP in Qld would be good plenty of space and elevation in a nice part of the world close to a capital city and yes they have the money as well. Manjimup still could do it just to far away to travel.
Conondale would be the ultimate heaps of space located in gods country amazing track with untapped potential just a fuckwit mentality of some of the locals there (greenies and do gooders)
I bet by the time Ernee comes around they will have modified that track to 1m30s lap times
All of those tracks may be good enough race tracks, Goanna tracks particularly. They just don't have the infrastructure around them. On top of that its a 6 hour drive away and i dont think anybody has been able to make a phone call from Goanna tracks since it opened thats how bad the reception is. Then you throw in the drought we've had and they just shut the joint down entirely due to lack of water. Same deal at Ranch MX.

They're moving away from dirt pits in the middle of nowhere for these events which is evidenced by the pop up track they're going to at Assen. Seems like they want a motogp/formula 1 type professionally run event. We can't do that down here, its way out of our league i think.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
10/10/2018 5:11pm
Nz or Aussie can not get the money together for a gp, let alone a des nations
Whitey
10/10/2018 6:44pm
Im not too bummed my plans have already started, was hoping Teutchenthal (sp?) was going to get it though. As someone else said at least it isn't something like Assen.
10/10/2018 11:16pm
Isn’t there only like one huge grandstand at Assen and then the rest of the track isn’t visible for the most part?

I really have no clue, someone please enlighten me
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/11/2018 12:22am
Isn’t there only like one huge grandstand at Assen and then the rest of the track isn’t visible for the most part? I really have no...
Isn’t there only like one huge grandstand at Assen and then the rest of the track isn’t visible for the most part?

DeStouwer
10/11/2018 1:45am
There are not much venues left that can handle the invasion of trucks, hospitality tents, parking and camping areas, spectators, journalists from all over the world, etc.

I would've like next year to be at Valkenswaard instead of Assen if it has to be in the Netherlands, but that place couldn't manage it I'm afraid. Ernée is a great track and facility, but I'd like to see it elsewhere aswell. In France I believe Ernée and St-Jean d'Angély are the only two places that can handle this organisation.

Germany only has Teutschenthal, Belgium only has Lommel, Britain has Matterley, and that's about it... Águeda, Loket, Uddevalla and Sevlievo are way too small. Maybe somewhere in Italy again, but Trentino for example already is way too narrow for a normal GP. Ottobiano or Imola could be options. Maybe Switzerland.

Argentina could be an option outside of Europe, but it's a long travel. I don't know what happened to Belo Horizonte in Brazil? Had a Nations back in 1999. USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Sugo in Japan...

If the Nations stay that much in Europe in the future years we're going to get a lot of the same venues I'm afraid.
10/11/2018 2:15am
Isn’t there only like one huge grandstand at Assen and then the rest of the track isn’t visible for the most part? I really have no...

Yep. They have to figure out something to get more people around the track. Probably bring in some huge stands for the race or something. The grandstand and the building in the middle of the track opposite of the grandstand have been packed at the GP’s and obviously there will be more people at MXoN than a GP. Other than that, it is a MotoGP facility so getting people in and out, camping, parking etc won’t be a problem.
10/11/2018 2:16am
For Switzerland why not back to Rogenbourg?? Oh yeah they don't have the space for all the hospitality....

Two tracks ide love to see are Desert Martin in Ireland i think its called...and Red Sand in Spain. Both look amazing! No clue on the space for hospitality media and camping...

Ide personally consider making the travel to Unadilla...it's in a beautiful area...ive heard amazing things about the finger lakes. If my wife n I decide to leave Switzerland, it would be for upstate new york. She's from Nebraska but...yeah....not for me. Too flat, no trees, weather too extreme...oh and too close to the parents in law ? Although for having kids ive heard it's very practical being close to the parents in law.
Ewan49
10/11/2018 2:24am
Goanna tracks, Monza Park, Ravenswood (Bendigo) etc (off the top of my head) we have great classic tracks just need the infastructure. QMP in Qld would...
haydos25 wrote:
All of those tracks may be good enough race tracks, Goanna tracks particularly. They just don't have the infrastructure around them. On top of that its...
All of those tracks may be good enough race tracks, Goanna tracks particularly. They just don't have the infrastructure around them. On top of that its a 6 hour drive away and i dont think anybody has been able to make a phone call from Goanna tracks since it opened thats how bad the reception is. Then you throw in the drought we've had and they just shut the joint down entirely due to lack of water. Same deal at Ranch MX.

They're moving away from dirt pits in the middle of nowhere for these events which is evidenced by the pop up track they're going to at Assen. Seems like they want a motogp/formula 1 type professionally run event. We can't do that down here, its way out of our league i think.
I don't think Australia has a chance anytime soon and I hate pop-up tracks, but.....
Phillip Island would be pretty epic!!

Post a reply to: MXON Ernee 2020

The Latest