MXON 2020 - Will it be going ahead?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/19/2020 10:21 AM

Don't jump on me here, but i heard a fable about it being changed to the UK. Anyone any more info yet?

|

Never give up on Anyone

7/19/2020 10:29 AM

Too early at this moment, can’t see the government allowing mass gatherings as early as September. For the promoter to make money, they need ticket sales.

|

7/19/2020 11:41 AM

This is how the MXGP remaining schedule is being shown on the MXGP web site. With the season possibly extending into December? But they still show the Motocross des Nations on September 27th at Matterley Basin UK (To Be Confirmed). Would they hold an MXdN before the MXGP season is over? That does not make sense to me.

One thing for sure, if the MXGP's start up again in August I will be subscribing to the MXGP-TV coverage. I am really feeling moto-depleted right about now and I need my fix of moto.

Photo

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

7/19/2020 1:25 PM

Reese95w wrote:

This is how the MXGP remaining schedule is being shown on the MXGP web site. With the season possibly extending into December? But they still show the Motocross des Nations on September 27th at Matterley Basin UK (To Be Confirmed). Would they hold an MXdN before the MXGP season is over? That does not make sense to me.

One thing for sure, if the MXGP's start up again in August I will be subscribing to the MXGP-TV coverage. I am really feeling moto-depleted right about now and I need my fix of moto.

Photo

I hear ya on feeling depleted of racing, don’t jump so quick on the TV package though, they have massive sales typically about halfway through the season and you can go back and watch what you missed.

|

7/19/2020 1:38 PM

https://www.mxgp.com/news/racing-racing-finally-racing-mxgp-unveil-updated-2020-calendar

the Monster Energy FIM Motocross of Nations in Ernée, France has been postponed to 2023 due to the high restrictions for COVID-19 which forbid mass public gatherings in France. Infront Moto Racing are now working with Steve Dixon to bring the 2020 Monster Energy FIM MXoN to Matterley Basin (UK); the event, which is nearly 3 months away will conform to the outdoor event guidance regulations.

At the Monster Energy FIM MXoN the participants will take points for the MXGP and MX2 World Championships, Infront Moto Racing and FIM are working on the regulations keeping in mind the format, the principle and the soul of the MXoN to be maintained.

|

7/19/2020 3:11 PM

Hoks wrote:

I hear ya on feeling depleted of racing, don’t jump so quick on the TV package though, they have massive sales typically about halfway through the season and you can go back and watch what you missed.

I would only subscribe to one race at a time. That is how MXGP-TV use to work. Although it's been a few years since I did that. Maybe they have changed that,

No they have not, you can still subscribe to individual races thru the MXGP-TV web site.

Photo

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

7/20/2020 2:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/20/2020 2:49 AM

The MX of European Nations has already been definitively canceled, I don’t think the MXON took long to announce it.

Without the USA team, and with top riders from Europe who wouldn’t participate if they still have the MXGP title for decided..

Regarding the possibility of doing a GP, and scoring for MXON... That’s not a GP. And that’s not a MXON. So, sorry, don't count on me.

|