MXLife 2012 GPs

FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
Edited Date/Time 3/17/2012 4:30pm
Seems like they've bumped up the price significantly this year, plus having to pay additional for the MXdN. It's 59.99 Euro w/o MXdN, 69.99 Euro with. That's a tad over $90 this year, and thought it was about $50. Not sure about that for this year. Bummer, was looking forward to mirroring the stream over AppleTV

Will probably swallow hard and do it, but anyone know if there's a promo code available to knock it down a bit?

http://www.mx-life.tv/portal
|
Factoryphoto
3/17/2012 8:20am
Michael,
I know this does not help you now but at the end of the 2011 mxgp season they had a deal for 2012 for $46 dollars including MXON. It was for a limited time. Im n ot sure if they emailed me or what, I go on there all the time and watch the archived races so maybe I saw it then but just letting you know for the end of this year to get it done while they have that promo going.
Hoss
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
3/17/2012 8:22am
Subscribed to the full works last year and never got that. Perhaps a victim of the spam filter.
jamma10
3/17/2012 8:25am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
3.75 euro per round seems pretty normal
Think it was 3.50 euros last year so it has crept up slightly.

I think from a marketing point of view it would make sense for them to offer a promotional code for US viewers.

The Shop

FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
3/17/2012 8:36am
Well, my recollection is that the full works was about $50 at the beginning of the season here in the US last year, so 75-80% more seems a little more than a creep for the same service. No alternative that I am aware of in the US
BAMX
3/17/2012 8:37am
Couldn't they get someone like Fuel TV to carry it and just sell some ads?
Hanaa80
3/17/2012 8:43am
BAMX wrote:
Couldn't they get someone like Fuel TV to carry it and just sell some ads?
Luongo is in the GP's only for the money and this must be the best way for him to get it. And sadly I already gave him my share.
jamma10
3/17/2012 8:45am
Well, my recollection is that the full works was about $50 at the beginning of the season here in the US last year, so 75-80% more...
Well, my recollection is that the full works was about $50 at the beginning of the season here in the US last year, so 75-80% more seems a little more than a creep for the same service. No alternative that I am aware of in the US
Yeah that is a steep rise, to be honest I only ever purchased the odd GP individually when I needed to as we get it on tv here.

Good old Youthstream and their 'canny' marketing ploys... Unsure I've always tried to maintain quite pragmatic when it comes to those guys but they could definitely do with addressing the general publics negative perception of them. You would hope they would try and do all they could to keep the fans on board instead of alienating them more each year.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
3/17/2012 8:46am Edited Date/Time 3/17/2012 8:48am
Bam, they could, but they have consistently refused to pay what it takes to put the GPs on any network with any coverage in the US, even for the last two MXdN's in the US. That's fine, they obviously don't think they get a return on having a US TV audience. There's nothing irrational about deciding you'll settle for 15,000 people paying $90 than paying one of the Fox channels to run the races for however many people would watch, especially if you're talking about running the full race program.
500guy
3/17/2012 9:03am Edited Date/Time 3/17/2012 9:04am
Bam, they could, but they have consistently refused to pay what it takes to put the GPs on any network with any coverage in the US...
Bam, they could, but they have consistently refused to pay what it takes to put the GPs on any network with any coverage in the US, even for the last two MXdN's in the US. That's fine, they obviously don't think they get a return on having a US TV audience. There's nothing irrational about deciding you'll settle for 15,000 people paying $90 than paying one of the Fox channels to run the races for however many people would watch, especially if you're talking about running the full race program.
Except for the fact they gouge the Teams , Don't have a prize fund and continually point and say look what we are doing for you.

it's a rip off, hopefully someone figures out how to stream it like they did the MXoN we can all watch it for free.
Mstock
3/17/2012 9:11am
For me it's still a great value. Hundreds of hours of live qualifying and live racing for $90 total. I utilize a media pc with a 52" LCD.

The only reason I have satelite is to watch US SX and MX and that is $90 PER MONTH.

Of course if you hate GP motocross then even $1 is to much.
stillwelding
3/17/2012 9:11am
Bam, they could, but they have consistently refused to pay what it takes to put the GPs on any network with any coverage in the US...
500guy wrote:
Except for the fact they gouge the Teams , Don't have a prize fund and continually point and say look what we are doing for you...
Except for the fact they gouge the Teams , Don't have a prize fund and continually point and say look what we are doing for you.

it's a rip off, hopefully someone figures out how to stream it like they did the MXoN we can all watch it for free.
Only a Crook would want to cheat someone out of the money they are selling their product for. Either Pay up or Shut up. Don't want the opinion of some asshole that won't pay, yet wants his opinion to count. Just sayin.
3/17/2012 9:12am Edited Date/Time 3/17/2012 9:19am
I bought every rd last year just for the qualifiers and to be fair, they were pretty good. But the main race is what matters and that's already live on Motorstv. This will be Britain's best chance for a world title (Tommy Searle MX2) since 2001 - so I'm definitely going to buy the first couple. Plus the MXDN, I couldn't bear to miss any of that.

Still waiting on my T - shirt from last year's deal. I'm sure it'll arrive any day now Whistling .
3/17/2012 9:15am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2012 11:51am
Michael, I know this does not help you now but at the end of the 2011 mxgp season they had a deal for 2012 for $46...
Michael,
I know this does not help you now but at the end of the 2011 mxgp season they had a deal for 2012 for $46 dollars including MXON. It was for a limited time. Im n ot sure if they emailed me or what, I go on there all the time and watch the archived races so maybe I saw it then but just letting you know for the end of this year to get it done while they have that promo going.
Hoss
3/17/2012 9:49am
I thought I got an email for discount to renew right after MXdN but cant find it. Im just splitting the cost with a buddy since we always watch together anyway. Share the login and pass info in a group. You can only be logged in to one IP at a time but its not hard to work out with todays methods of communication.
500guy
3/17/2012 9:49am
500guy wrote:
Except for the fact they gouge the Teams , Don't have a prize fund and continually point and say look what we are doing for you...

Only a Crook would want to cheat someone out of the money they are selling their product for. Either Pay up or Shut up. Don't want...
Only a Crook would want to cheat someone out of the money they are selling their product for. Either Pay up or Shut up. Don't want the opinion of some asshole that won't pay, yet wants his opinion to count. Just sayin.
Yup you caught me, I don't stream it someone else does, if it's free I will look

The package is a rip off, I don't need the opinion of a GP nut sucker either but I read it.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
3/17/2012 9:54am Edited Date/Time 3/17/2012 9:57am
Mstock wrote:
For me it's still a great value. Hundreds of hours of live qualifying and live racing for $90 total. I utilize a media pc with a...
For me it's still a great value. Hundreds of hours of live qualifying and live racing for $90 total. I utilize a media pc with a 52" LCD.

The only reason I have satelite is to watch US SX and MX and that is $90 PER MONTH.

Of course if you hate GP motocross then even $1 is to much.
Anytime someone decides to buy something, it has value to that person. And when they don't buy, it doesn't, but it doesn't mean the person doesn't like the product, just that what's offered is not worth the price being asked.

If I am honest with myself, I won't watch all the races and probably won't give 2-3 hours catching up afterwards if I know the results ahead of time. It's not because I don't love moto or the GPs; my life is pretty full. And sometimes that plays into the psychology of pricing. It's absolutely correct that a good presentation at $5 is less than a movie. But it's also true that people will balk when the price almost doubles even if the real dollar amount is relatively insignificant. I am a lot less likely to kid myself that I am going to get value out of every round by giving every one of the rounds six hours of attention over two days when having to decide whether to pay almost twice as much as last year. And once I decide to buy single rounds, I am pretty sure I am less likely to make a habit of it.

Everyone's lifestyle and budget has different variables. Way back in the day, a friend used to value everything in terms of how much a bottle of premix oil cost. He's look at a movie and say "that's a can of CastrolR." $90 is a big part of the weekend cost to shoot another national this summer toward pricelining a hotel room or a rental car.
jamma10
3/17/2012 10:33am Edited Date/Time 3/17/2012 10:43am
500guy wrote:
Yup you caught me, I don't stream it someone else does, if it's free I will look The package is a rip off, I don't need...
Yup you caught me, I don't stream it someone else does, if it's free I will look

The package is a rip off, I don't need the opinion of a GP nut sucker either but I read it.
Unless you're homeless roughly $6 for 2 days of live racing and extra footage is hardly a rip off.

It doesn't affect me because we get the racing live on satellite tv here, as I say I only purchase the odd GP if Im away for the weekend and have my lap top with me or whatever. But I can honestly say that I would happily pay $10 to watch a live National if I had to.

Ok you may argue that a National is better value for money but its not really that. It just comes down to how much I choose to prioritise my favourite sport over some of the more menial things in life such as a couple of beers one evening, or the odd magazine.
stillwelding
3/17/2012 10:51am
500guy wrote:

Only a Crook would want to cheat someone out of the money they are selling their product for. Either Pay up or Shut up. Don't want...
500guy wrote:
Yup you caught me, I don't stream it someone else does, if it's free I will look The package is a rip off, I don't need...

Just bustin yer nuts. I did hook up my computer to my TV and watch the MXof(gag)deN last year and it was well worth it. I'll probably buy the package this year just to watch Zach Oz..
500guy
3/17/2012 12:08pm
500guy wrote:

Just bustin yer nuts. I did hook up my computer to my TV and watch the MXof(gag)deN last year and it was well worth it. I'll...
Just bustin yer nuts. I did hook up my computer to my TV and watch the MXof(gag)deN last year and it was well worth it. I'll probably buy the package this year just to watch Zach Oz..
Me too, I probably won't go for the $90 package, mostly because I'm never home to see it live not to mention most of the races go off at about 3 AM here, I do think it's over priced.
St Ann More
3/17/2012 2:25pm
500guy wrote:

Just bustin yer nuts. I did hook up my computer to my TV and watch the MXof(gag)deN last year and it was well worth it. I'll...
500guy wrote:
Me too, I probably won't go for the $90 package, mostly because I'm never home to see it live not to mention most of the races...
Me too, I probably won't go for the $90 package, mostly because I'm never home to see it live not to mention most of the races go off at about 3 AM here, I do think it's over priced.
All the races are archived immediately for that reason Wink
3/17/2012 3:10pm
I agree, it is over priced. I enjoyed it last year and was looking forward to GP's but will have to find alternative method of watching.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
3/17/2012 4:30pm
I think the pricing is fair. There is alot of racing over the whole weekend, so you definitely get your moneys worth.

I'd happily pay the same if the AMA MX series would stream online with good quality (not just one moto)

Post a reply to: MXLife 2012 GPs

The Latest