MXGP4 is comin!

zookrider62!
Fantasy
975th
3/17/2018 9:21am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
They went backwards with Supercross/Supercross Encore but that's about it. No denying that. In my opinion the MX vs ATV series deserves a little more credit...
They went backwards with Supercross/Supercross Encore but that's about it. No denying that.

In my opinion the MX vs ATV series deserves a little more credit than it's been given.

Introduced terrain deformation
Introduced dual stick controls
MX and SX in a single game is a great thing to have
Authentic replica tracks (older gen games)

What has Milestone done thus far that was so innovative and ground breaking?

I'm not trying to start a debate on which series is better. I enjoy playing both but it seems like some people are quick to forget what Rainbow Studios has brought to MX/SX games.

And I know replica tracks have been done in other games that weren't done by Rainbow Studios but most of those studios no longer exist.
They havent done anything innovative, but they have done all the things people complained about with mxatv

Real tracks
Real bikes
Real (ish) career mode

-MAVERICK- wrote:
All things previously done by Rainbow Studios. Real bikes are still available they're just part of the DLC model now. I've explained it before why DLC...
All things previously done by Rainbow Studios. Real bikes are still available they're just part of the DLC model now. I've explained it before why DLC shouldn't be that big of a deal. In short you don't have to purchase them, DLC is nothing new, practically all the games on the market have DLC content, if it helps a smaller studio stay in business and producing MX/SX games how is that a bad thing?

In the MES thread I mentioned how MES is no different. They have a 5 DLC planned/out now that could of easily been part of the game but no one seems to complain about them having DLC.

Again, what has Milestone brought to the MX/SX gaming table? Prettier graphics is not really a thing. Track editor was done back in the Motocross Madness days as well.
As i said, no innovation but doing what mxatv stopped doing. The series gets more and more unrealistic and people complained .Thats where milestone stepped in
4/7/2018 10:04am Edited Date/Time 4/7/2018 10:06am
New game coming out June 29!
GD2
Fantasy
854th
4/7/2018 10:14am
Cool.

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
4/7/2018 10:27am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
When can I pre order?
Probably anytime now but Gamestop will probably have no clue what you're talking about as usual so wait a few weeks.

I wonder why they moved away from calling it MXGP 4 and went with MXGP Pro? It might have to do with the "more novelties" that was shown in the OP's first post. Says it will feature the 2017 season with more novelties. Novelties as in track editor? No idea but that would be cool especially if you can add a bunch of different elevations.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
4/7/2018 10:39am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
When can I pre order?
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Probably anytime now but Gamestop will probably have no clue what you're talking about as usual so wait a few weeks. I wonder why they moved...
Probably anytime now but Gamestop will probably have no clue what you're talking about as usual so wait a few weeks.

I wonder why they moved away from calling it MXGP 4 and went with MXGP Pro? It might have to do with the "more novelties" that was shown in the OP's first post. Says it will feature the 2017 season with more novelties. Novelties as in track editor? No idea but that would be cool especially if you can add a bunch of different elevations.
That would be awesome! I'd be ok with it being MES but outdoors and a few little tweaks here and there.

I'd really like to see Milestone come out with a Pro Motocross game. Then we'd have everything
1-forty-8
4/7/2018 11:20am
If you go on the games website and read about what they’re doing with the new game it sounds promising.
Joe512
4/7/2018 11:41am
Definitely appears to carry over the MES feel, which I'm ok with and you can sign me up for a copy.
4/7/2018 11:52am
this is gonna be so sick. this game is gonna change the game.

what “showtimemx” quoted above shows that they know exactly what we want.

and the game comes out in a little over two months!
1-forty-8
4/7/2018 11:55am
Shame we’re gonna have to wait till next years edition to rip around RedBudd though.. if they nail this one gameplay wise I’d be totally fine with just downloading new skins and tracks each year.
GD2
Fantasy
854th
4/7/2018 12:13pm

4/7/2018 12:20pm Edited Date/Time 4/7/2018 12:21pm
If what they say about the whips and the way ruts are going to be is true, this game could be amazing.
Shaned9326
4/7/2018 12:32pm
Damn looks like it’s gonna be good!! More and more moto!!
flatout111
4/7/2018 12:59pm
Damn, I love Milestone. Thanks so much from this moto geek for all they are doing for MX/SX gaming!

MES is, by far, my all time favorite game. (All Out is an improvement from Encore but still no where near MES, imo.) This, too, looks promising. If we get a track editor we may can finally get some AMA replicas!
flatout111
4/7/2018 3:39pm Edited Date/Time 4/7/2018 3:59pm
Totally cool we get yet ANOTHER MX game in like two months. One that seems to up the realism even more for this simcade series.

I've been accused of being on the payroll...which im not. But man, you got to hand it to Milestone. Since 2011 they've given us a lot of Moto goodness.:

MUD
MXGP
MXGP 2
MXGP 3
Monster Energy Supercross
MXGP Pro....coming soon.

And honestly I've enjoyed them all a lot, save one. Yes, i even liked MUD. I enjoyed MXGP 3 the least...just too fast... with Monster Energy Supercross being my favorite MX/SX game.

6 Moto games in 7 years. Pretty darn impressive. All fully licensed which you guys know I love. #authenticity lol. Good stuff. Glad to have them in our sport.

1-forty-8
4/7/2018 3:45pm
flatout111 wrote:
Totally cool we get yet ANOTHER MX game in like two months. One that seems to up the realism even more for this simcade series. I've...
Totally cool we get yet ANOTHER MX game in like two months. One that seems to up the realism even more for this simcade series.

I've been accused of being on the payroll...which im not. But man, you got to hand it to Milestone. Since 2011 they've given us a lot of Moto goodness.:

MUD
MXGP
MXGP 2
MXGP 3
MXGP Pro....coming soon.

And honestly I've enjoyed them all a lot, save one. Yes, i even liked MUD. I enjoyed MXGP 3 the least...just too fast... with Monster Energy Supercross being my favorite MX/SX game.

6 Moto games in 7 years. Pretty darn impressive. All fully licensed which you guys know I love. #authenticity lol. Good stuff. Glad to have them in our sport.

Hey tell us about the time you enjoyed the JS7 stuff on Alive!

Laughing just kidding.

I read in the other thread you’ve met Danny Carey. What the guy can do is unbelievable. I’m pretty damn jealous. Next time you see him tell him it’s about time his band pulled their collective fingers out and gave us some new shit. Been waiting forever. Even Axel didn’t take this long did he..?
4/7/2018 3:53pm
does anyone know how many new tracks the gp series raced last year compared to 16?

since it will be a replica of 17 race series, how many new tracks will be in the game from mxgp3

racing some of the same tracks on gp3 as i did on gp2, although an improved game, still felt a little stale since i had raced them on gp2.

would be cool to figure out how many new tracks were getting from the 17 series that weren’t raced in 16
flatout111
4/7/2018 4:01pm
flatout111 wrote:
Totally cool we get yet ANOTHER MX game in like two months. One that seems to up the realism even more for this simcade series. I've...

MUD
MXGP
MXGP 2
MXGP 3
MXGP Pro....coming soon.

1-forty-8 wrote:
Hey tell us about the time you enjoyed the JS7 stuff on Alive! :laugh: just kidding. I read in the other thread you’ve met Danny Carey...

Laughing just kidding.

I read in the other thread you’ve met Danny Carey. What the guy can do is unbelievable. I’m pretty damn jealous. Next time you see him tell him it’s about time his band pulled their collective fingers out and gave us some new shit. Been waiting forever. Even Axel didn’t take this long did he..?
I refuse to speak of that again. Lol.

I've met Danny a couple of times. Really nice dude. Never wants to talk music but dude loves his basketball!

Also met Steve Smith a few times, famous from Journey and Samantha Maloney from Hole/Motley Crue. She was picking up her pink sparkle kit the same day I was picking up one of my kits.
flatout111
4/7/2018 4:42pm
flatout111 wrote:

MUD
MXGP
MXGP 2
MXGP 3
MXGP Pro....coming soon.

1-forty-8 wrote:
Hey tell us about the time you enjoyed the JS7 stuff on Alive! :laugh: just kidding. I read in the other thread you’ve met Danny Carey...

Laughing just kidding.

To you, zehn and a few others who requested it. I put some pics of my touring and recording drum kits in the non Moto page. Enjoy!
smoothies862
Fantasy
745th
4/7/2018 6:23pm
suspension that matters and ruts.mmmmmmmmmm
clutch that actually works. track breaking down. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
improved ai.... I need a cigWink

yes make it hard and real. we are moto heads. we don't like everyone gets a trophy. we don't like easy. it should take an awesome ride to podium etc..
MW19
4/7/2018 11:58pm
Sounds super rad!! The pro physics thing is very exciting for me... I’m just thankful to have all these games that have come out or will come out for motocross. There was a time there for a bit where there was almost nothing. I’ll preorder! ...on amazon.
billyp330
4/9/2018 6:33am
I have about 5 hrs on All Out, IDK how any one can say its better then MES. MES is way more realistic and actually feels like a dirt bike. In All Out it feels like I'm on a damn Harely on the ground and then a BMX bike in the air, its horrible IMO. Better then Supercross Encore? Yea, I'll give them that, they are better then one of the worst moto games ever made, good for them. Also want to add that All Out it is way glitchier then MES (I'm on PC).

Really looking forward to MXGP Pro. Milestone has my money with every moto game they make. (Full disclosure: Rainbow has too though since I'm just a sucker for anything moto, addiction is a disease...lol)

Wishlist:
-MES physics with maybe a bit more freedom in air (though id be fine with it as is)
-Track Editor
-Split Screen or at minium LAN play (Please, please, pretty please!!!)
-More in depth sponsorship offers
-Very competitive AI
-Please make sure the game is as bug free as possible before release!!! (I'm ok with waiting longer for game release and I believe most would agree)
4/9/2018 6:51am
holy..............this is it.............we are finally getting what we want..........did anyone notice the insane track soil? it looks crazy real rut wise! and those whips were so smooth........I thought I was watching a real race.....im so impressed I continue to use dots...............smartest idea they ever had was making a complete pro style game.....THANK GOD FOR MILESTONE WE LOVE YOU
4/9/2018 7:17am
We did not want to just do MXGP 4. We have chosen a new path and direction, which is towards realism. We basically added a new layer to the game that will allow players to experience the life of motocross as a pro rider. We have rewritten the physics of the bike and behavior for the riders. For the first time, the gamer will be able to set up the bike as a real mechanic does and see how that changes when it comes to the track
greenmx5
4/9/2018 7:21am
I personally cannot wait for this. I've put all my chips in on Milestone at this point. The day they replicate the US nationals is the day they become Gods of the genre in the gaming community.
greenmx5
4/9/2018 7:25am
billyp330 wrote:
I have about 5 hrs on All Out, IDK how any one can say its better then MES. MES is way more realistic and actually feels...
I have about 5 hrs on All Out, IDK how any one can say its better then MES. MES is way more realistic and actually feels like a dirt bike. In All Out it feels like I'm on a damn Harely on the ground and then a BMX bike in the air, its horrible IMO. Better then Supercross Encore? Yea, I'll give them that, they are better then one of the worst moto games ever made, good for them. Also want to add that All Out it is way glitchier then MES (I'm on PC).

Really looking forward to MXGP Pro. Milestone has my money with every moto game they make. (Full disclosure: Rainbow has too though since I'm just a sucker for anything moto, addiction is a disease...lol)

Wishlist:
-MES physics with maybe a bit more freedom in air (though id be fine with it as is)
-Track Editor
-Split Screen or at minium LAN play (Please, please, pretty please!!!)
-More in depth sponsorship offers
-Very competitive AI
-Please make sure the game is as bug free as possible before release!!! (I'm ok with waiting longer for game release and I believe most would agree)
The explanation of feeling like you're riding a harley on the ground and bmx in the air is perfect. I was trying to find the best way to describe it and that is pretty damn close. I said before All Out that I was done with them.... then went and bought All Out. Regretted it almost immediately. Still do. I am 99.9999% positive that this is it for me with them. I just don't think I can fork out any more money to them.

If Milestone can make a game with more freedom in the air, split screen, and competitive AI, that would be huge. I know most people go for online play, but I still think split screen local multiplayer is a must still. The AI was VERY hit and miss with MES. Between Atlanta lapping the field 3 times in a 20 minute main to A2 where you have to be on your A game the whole race, had me scratching my head on how they pulled that off.
potatoflake
4/9/2018 8:11am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Man those games were awesome weren't they??? We had some awesome games growing up.
Even had Loretta Lynn's in Superfly
I remember the mx2002 version of Loretta’s like yesterday, seemed like you could always find a lil more speed on that track
4/9/2018 8:27am
That trailer didn't look like anything special to me and with it coming out so soon I'm really skeptical.

Post a reply to: MXGP4 is comin!

The Latest