MXGP viewing?

St Ann More
3/1/2019 4:53pm
RandyS wrote:
$147.83 showed as the US dollar price. It went up a penny when I checked the cart.
Paul333 wrote:
Seriously? Wow. Youthstream is nuts. I've purchased this every single year its been offered. I have not missed a single GP, but no way am I...
Seriously?

Wow. Youthstream is nuts. I've purchased this every single year its been offered. I have not missed a single GP, but no way am I paying basically $150 for it.

Is that double or more of a price increase from last year?
Press516 wrote:
I don't know what last year was... But I'm with you. I can see maybe $60-$75 for it. Otherwise I'll just watch the CBSSN moto 2's...
Anyone outside of the USA:

SX pass $129.99
Nationals: $60-70

Meanwhile, 19 GP's (with MXGP, MX2, EMX250, EMX125) and the MXoN you think is worth $60-75?

Paul333
3/1/2019 4:58pm
Paul333 wrote:
Seriously? Wow. Youthstream is nuts. I've purchased this every single year its been offered. I have not missed a single GP, but no way am I...
Seriously?

Wow. Youthstream is nuts. I've purchased this every single year its been offered. I have not missed a single GP, but no way am I paying basically $150 for it.

Press516 wrote:
I don't know what last year was... But I'm with you. I can see maybe $60-$75 for it. Otherwise I'll just watch the CBSSN moto 2's...

SX pass $129.99

Meanwhile, 19 GP's (with MXGP, MX2, EMX250, EMX125) and the MXoN you think is worth $60-75?

Hint; I paid roughly half that for the complete U.S. Supercross & National series.

I won’t pay roughly double for the GP’s. Sorry
Paul333
3/1/2019 5:00pm
RandyS wrote:
$147.83 showed as the US dollar price. It went up a penny when I checked the cart.
Paul333 wrote:
Seriously?

No, it's definitely not anywhere near double or more of a price increase! It's generally been around this price in recent years. Perhaps there's been a...
No, it's definitely not anywhere near double or more of a price increase!

It's generally been around this price in recent years. Perhaps there's been a slight increase/decrease over the years depending on your currency, but nothing major! There's plenty of 'early bird' offers if you want a deal but if you leave subscription until the day before the season starts, it is what it is!

I beg to disagree.

Like I said before I have bought this every year it’s been offered. Never missed a single GP.

This seems like 2x or more from past prices.
stillwelding
3/1/2019 5:02pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2019 5:05pm
rp031x wrote:
That's how much it cost??
RandyS wrote:
Paul333 wrote:
Seriously?

I don’t think so. If I remember correctly, it’s about the same. It’s great for me. I have a 32 inch monitor on my tool box, next to my weld table, I watch qualifying at work and the races on Sunday on Apple TV. During the week, I watch them over and over again, until I feel like I just rode the GP ?.

The Shop

Shaned9326
3/1/2019 5:12pm
I buy the package every year and it’s night and day difference from the nbc gold package as I swear those guys really know how to do it!!! No bs cameras showing 12 place for four laps as Paul mailin will call camera crew out if they aren’t up there where the racing is going on!! I buy both series every year and love all racing but I swear the Mxgp deal is far better for true motocross period!!
3/1/2019 5:29pm

SX pass $129.99

With minimal knowledge of the internet you can access the NBC stream from anywhere with an internet connection. I live outside the US and watch SX from NBC every week, for about $100 CAD for every US SX and MX race.

The MXGP-TV package is about $200 CAD for 8 less events. I'm not saying whether it's worth it or not but that's just the facts.
Thelen20
3/1/2019 5:31pm
DPR250R wrote:
My DVR says its on at 12am Monday... CBS Sports
Mine too! Heck ya! Can't wait!
Paul333
3/1/2019 5:45pm
RandyS wrote:
Paul333 wrote:
Seriously?

I don’t think so. If I remember correctly, it’s about the same. It’s great for me. I have a 32 inch monitor on my tool box...
I don’t think so. If I remember correctly, it’s about the same. It’s great for me. I have a 32 inch monitor on my tool box, next to my weld table, I watch qualifying at work and the races on Sunday on Apple TV. During the week, I watch them over and over again, until I feel like I just rode the GP ?.
I remember it being $80 for so.

I would not have paid $150, trust me.
ayearinmx
3/1/2019 5:53pm
With minimal knowledge of the internet you can access the NBC stream from anywhere with an internet connection. I live outside the US and watch SX...
With minimal knowledge of the internet you can access the NBC stream from anywhere with an internet connection. I live outside the US and watch SX from NBC every week, for about $100 CAD for every US SX and MX race.

The MXGP-TV package is about $200 CAD for 8 less events. I'm not saying whether it's worth it or not but that's just the facts.
Facts also say that you're only paying for 29 days of racing with the SX / MX deal, compared with 40 days for the MXGP + MXON... so there's that

Fact is also that you're the one missing out if you choose not to buy it. So do, or don't. It's entirely up to you
3/1/2019 6:51pm
ayearinmx wrote:
Facts also say that you're only paying for 29 days of racing with the SX / MX deal, compared with 40 days for the MXGP +...
Facts also say that you're only paying for 29 days of racing with the SX / MX deal, compared with 40 days for the MXGP + MXON... so there's that

Fact is also that you're the one missing out if you choose not to buy it. So do, or don't. It's entirely up to you
I'll only miss out if no one uploads the races which hasn't been the case the past few years. I wouldn't mind watching the EMX classes but can live without.
Paul333
3/1/2019 6:59pm
ayearinmx wrote:
Facts also say that you're only paying for 29 days of racing with the SX / MX deal, compared with 40 days for the MXGP +...

?

Are you counting the Saturday qualification races?

If so, nobody actually watches them...
steed 2.0
3/1/2019 8:38pm
Paul333 wrote:
I remember it being $80 for so.

I would not have paid $150, trust me.
It’s possible that you bought a discount package… they are offered later on in the season… des Nations + remaining / archived races etc.
hamncheeze
3/1/2019 9:18pm
I bought the package again this year. In Canadian dollars it is spendy, but I just checked my receipts from 2018 and 2019 and they are both pretty much the same at ~ $130 Euro (via PayPal). As I said, spendy but the coverage is really good and there is a lot of racing to watch if you tune in for the qualifiers, the EMX stuff, and the 125 class in the Euro rounds.

I just turned 50 a few months ago, and it seems for most of my life I've never had the opportunity to watch the sports I want to watch live (MX, MotoGP, cycling) outside of the Tour de France and a few years of SX and MotoGP on the now dead Speed channel (remember, most of Canada lost out when SX went to FOX). I'm at the point now where I just suck it up and pay to watch this stuff online. I've wanted it for so long....seems foolish to pass it up and in the big picture (for me) the money is not going to make or break me. But is it expensive? For sure. I just try to enjoy the content and not think about it though.

This time of year is pretty awesome. SX is in full swing, MXGP starts, MotoGP starts and cycling moves into the "real" racing season. Good times!
3/1/2019 9:36pm
EnvyMedia wrote:
Some of the best racing happen in the EMX races, especially in the EMX250 class. I'm also keen to seeing the new two stroke class. It's...
Some of the best racing happen in the EMX races, especially in the EMX250 class. I'm also keen to seeing the new two stroke class. It's worth every penny. On demand on infinite devices at a time.
What do you mean infinite devices? As far as I’m aware you can only log into one device at a time. Shame there wasn’t an app.
No you can watch on as many devices as you want on 1 account.
3/1/2019 10:16pm
ayearinmx wrote:

Paul333 wrote:
?

Are you counting the Saturday qualification races?

If so, nobody actually watches them...
I think most people who have the package watch Saturday qualification races. Why wouldn't they? The first EMX motos are held on Saturdays too.

I could choose to watch just the GP races on Eurosport 2 for free but I'd much rather pay to get extensive and quality coverage to watch the sport I love and in the great scheme of things $150 or whatever the cost is not an obstacle that I would allow myself to prevent me from my enjoyment of it.

3/1/2019 10:55pm
EnvyMedia wrote:
Some of the best racing happen in the EMX races, especially in the EMX250 class. I'm also keen to seeing the new two stroke class. It's...
Some of the best racing happen in the EMX races, especially in the EMX250 class. I'm also keen to seeing the new two stroke class. It's worth every penny. On demand on infinite devices at a time.
What do you mean infinite devices? As far as I’m aware you can only log into one device at a time. Shame there wasn’t an app.
EnvyMedia wrote:
Doesn’t for me, my gf logged into my account on her phone & it logs me out on mine. Comes up with, you’re logged into another device, this session has ended.
3/2/2019 12:57am
EnvyMedia wrote:
Doesn’t for me, my gf logged into my account on her phone & it logs me out on mine. Comes up with, you’re logged into another...
Doesn’t for me, my gf logged into my account on her phone & it logs me out on mine. Comes up with, you’re logged into another device, this session has ended.
That's strange. I did it the entire season last year. My parents watching at their home and me watching somewhere else, never had issues.
3/2/2019 2:30am
EnvyMedia wrote:
Doesn’t for me, my gf logged into my account on her phone & it logs me out on mine. Comes up with, you’re logged into another...
EnvyMedia wrote:
That's strange. I did it the entire season last year. My parents watching at their home and me watching somewhere else, never had issues.
I’ve always had that issue.

Can anyone else log in on multiple devices at the same time?
Paul333
3/2/2019 8:08am
Can anybody post a copy of my their receipt from last year showing it was $150+?

drt410
3/2/2019 8:09am
I get it free on youtubetv. Already been scheduled to record for a month too.
3/2/2019 2:43pm
DPR250R wrote:
My DVR says its on at 12am Monday... CBS Sports
Me too
philG
3/2/2019 4:06pm
EnvyMedia wrote:
I’ve always had that issue.

Can anyone else log in on multiple devices at the same time?
It lets you watch on both.. well ours does. If you log out, then it tells you someone else has logged in, but doesnt kick them out when you log in.
St Ann More
3/2/2019 4:14pm Edited Date/Time 3/2/2019 4:24pm
Paul333 wrote:
Seriously?

No, it's definitely not anywhere near double or more of a price increase! It's generally been around this price in recent years. Perhaps there's been a...

It's generally been around this price in recent years. Perhaps there's been a slight increase/decrease over the years depending on your currency, but nothing major! There's plenty of 'early bird' offers if you want a deal but if you leave subscription until the day before the season starts, it is what it is!

Paul333 wrote:
I beg to disagree. Like I said before I have bought this every year it’s been offered. Never missed a single GP. This seems like 2x...
I beg to disagree.

Like I said before I have bought this every year it’s been offered. Never missed a single GP.

You can beg to disagree, but...

2018 before MXGP season kicks off:

2019 before MXGP season kicks off:

Bearuno
3/2/2019 8:33pm
I don’t think so. If I remember correctly, it’s about the same. It’s great for me. I have a 32 inch monitor on my tool box...
So, tell me, Stillwelding, how many TV's / Monitors have you killed?

Me, I'm up to 4 (or, perhaps 5), when I (stupidly) forget to turn the TV / 'Puter off, or shield it, and I start a bead with High Frequency on .....................Blush I am, at times, dumber than a Post........

As for the cost of MXGP coverage - I just make sure I get in with the 'early bird' price, and enjoy the racing. And hell, ain't it a (pleasant) shock to the system after watching SX for a couple of months, and you see the speed between that and Outdoors. Woohoo
ayearinmx
3/3/2019 4:09am
You can beg to disagree, but... 2018 before MXGP season kicks off: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/03/02/329132/s1200_2018.jpg[/img] 2019 before MXGP season kicks off: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/03/02/329133/s1200_2019.jpg[/img]

haha..... guess this will be ignored, but well done for proving that some people are talking out of their ass (as per)
Paul333
3/3/2019 5:01am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2019 5:03am

Paul333 wrote:
I beg to disagree. Like I said before I have bought this every year it’s been offered. Never missed a single GP. This seems like 2x...
I beg to disagree.

You can beg to disagree, but... 2018 before MXGP season kicks off: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/03/02/329132/s1200_2018.jpg[/img] 2019 before MXGP season kicks off: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/03/02/329133/s1200_2019.jpg[/img]

I still don’t believe I paid $150 in the United States. If you paid that much that sucks. You didn’t get charged any taxes either?

I searched through my account and could not find anything referencing my past purchases.
St Ann More
3/3/2019 8:05am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2019 8:10am
Paul333 wrote:
I beg to disagree.

Paul333 wrote:
I still don’t believe I paid $150 in the United States. If you paid that much that sucks. You didn’t get charged any taxes either? I...
I still don’t believe I paid $150 in the United States. If you paid that much that sucks. You didn’t get charged any taxes either?

I searched through my account and could not find anything referencing my past purchases.
Bro, I'm no shrink, I can't help you with denial.

There's no 'if' about it, I 'paid that much'. I'll do the same next year, as I have since MX-Life.tv. I dig the MXGP and will pay for the coverage and convenience. Consumer choice!

Unless you got a pre-season early bird (circa 25% off) or discounted mid-season pass (circa 50% off), you're paying $130-150 in recent years!
3/3/2019 1:05pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2019 1:30pm
philG wrote:
It lets you watch on both.. well ours does. If you log out, then it tells you someone else has logged in, but doesnt kick them...
It lets you watch on both.. well ours does. If you log out, then it tells you someone else has logged in, but doesnt kick them out when you log in.
I had my phone logged in, my gf logged into her phone then when I refreshed my browser, it says, you've signed into another device, your session has ended.

Edit: Tried again & it does work, when I go back to the previous page after watching a race it logs out but I can log straight back in again.
KDXGarage
3/4/2019 10:37am
It was on CBS Sports Network at 11:30 PM Central time for MXGP and 12:30 AM Central time for MXGP2.

CBSSN shows moto 2. They give a highlight of moto 1 at the start of the show.
3/4/2019 11:30am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2019 1:35pm
Paul333 wrote:
I beg to disagree.

Nonsense. If there's a thing I don't like about the Internet, it's the myth-making. The price actually went down this year in real dollars.

Last year I bought MXGP-TV at full price (the basic package, no archives, after the early-bird period), and I paid as follows (in US dollars):

$161.22 (subscription)
$ 4.83 (foreign transaction fee)
----------

$166.05 (total)

This year:

$149.41 (subscription)
$ 4.48 (estimated foreign transaction fee; not posted yet)
________

$153.89 (total)

I suspect the difference lies in the exchange rate, not an actual price cut.

By the way, if anyone doesn't believe me, I'll show you screen shots of my MasterCard statements.

Post a reply to: MXGP viewing?

The Latest