MXGP silly season18/19

Cortami79
8/15/2018 3:58am
I just don't understand why Anstie should move when he has had a few podium spots this year + the potential to ride top 5 every moto. He just had a really rough start of the season following that hard crash at Spain that bothered him troughout the year.
themrtoad
8/15/2018 5:59am Edited Date/Time 8/15/2018 6:00am
Cortami79 wrote:
I just don't understand why Anstie should move when he has had a few podium spots this year + the potential to ride top 5 every...
I just don't understand why Anstie should move when he has had a few podium spots this year + the potential to ride top 5 every moto. He just had a really rough start of the season following that hard crash at Spain that bothered him troughout the year.
I also think it's a strange move. He is the best rider out there without a contract.

Will Nagl stay at TM? Bobryshev?

Assimotor Honda hasn't done any good for any riders career really. I'm sure they do as good as they can with a limited budget, but Anstie is worth a factory ride.

If Searle can't stay at DRT I guess he will end up at Hitachi KTM UK?
8/19/2018 6:49am
Searle to BOS Kawasaki, can't help but think he had a bit of luck with the new manager being his old one from CLS.
RG1
8/19/2018 10:27am
It's crazy to me that Anstie could end up at Assomotor. That team has pretty much been a disaster for everyone who as gone there. He has 2 podiums this year. Another Top 5 overall again today. He's way better than that

The Shop

philG
8/19/2018 10:59am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2018 11:16am
I can still see Anstie at HRC.. Bogers got the ride because he bought £££ , and then hasnt done a moto in 2018.. we still dont know if he will be fit enough, and if he will be fast enough... my money would sign Anstie on a one year deal and put Bogers into Assomotor.

Jasikonis is still young, straight into 450 with no MX2 career, much the same as Desalle, was fast on the Suzuki, will be fast again.

From what i heard in the MXVice podcast , the second DRT 250 rider may be Mewse, as Dixon likes to have a british rider , if they are worthy.

The Searle to BOS deal would also explain Tixier arriving at Frauenfeld and spitting the dummy.
themrtoad
8/19/2018 11:02am
philG wrote:
I can still see Anstie at HRC.. Bogers got the ride because he bought £££ , and then hasnt done a moto in 2018.. we still...
I can still see Anstie at HRC.. Bogers got the ride because he bought £££ , and then hasnt done a moto in 2018.. we still dont know if he will be fit enough, and if he will be fast enough... my money would sign Anstie on a one year deal and put Bogers into Assomotor.

Jasikonis is still young, straight into 450 with no MX2 career, much the same as Desalle, was fast on the Suzuki, will be fast again.

From what i heard in the MXVice podcast , the second DRT 250 rider may be Mewse, as Dixon likes to have a british rider , if they are worthy.

The Searle to BOS deal would also explain Tixier arriving at Frauenfeld and spitting the dummy.
Spitting the dummy? What does that mean?
8/19/2018 11:13am
philG wrote:
I can still see Anstie at HRC.. Bogers got the ride because he bought £££ , and then hasnt done a moto in 2018.. we still...

The owner of HSF, where Bogers rode the last years, pretty much bought half the HRC team. Bogers and Vlaanderen are part of that deal. Getting rid of Bogers is getting rid of your biggest sponsor. Not gonna happen.
philG
8/19/2018 11:18am
philG wrote:

themrtoad wrote:
Spitting the dummy? What does that mean?
Its what a baby does when they are upset..
PastranaWho
8/19/2018 11:19am
EMX boisrame is very impressive, anybody knows if he moves up to mx2 next year?
philG
8/19/2018 11:23am
philG wrote:

The owner of HSF, where Bogers rode the last years, pretty much bought half the HRC team. Bogers and Vlaanderen are part of that deal. Getting...
The owner of HSF, where Bogers rode the last years, pretty much bought half the HRC team. Bogers and Vlaanderen are part of that deal. Getting rid of Bogers is getting rid of your biggest sponsor. Not gonna happen.
We were in Switzerland last year , HSF had a huge paddock presence with riders in EMX 125, EMX 250 and MX2.. their colours were distinctive and they were a solid outfit, you couldnt not see them who know who they were,

So he bought half of HRC and disappeared?? They get little or no mention on the TV, and apart from a badge on Gajers shirt , not much visual either. They dont even have HSF colours on the bikes at all.

Makes no sense.

Motofinne
8/19/2018 11:37am
It was pretty cool to drop the Searle to BOS news in mid moto.

The HSF deal with Honda has to be the worst deal that has been done in many, many years. At least that is how i see it from the outside. Like PhilG says, they were a stable brand when they had their own KTM effort. Everyone knew the white/blue KTM team named HSF. Now they have basically disappeared.
ayearinmx
8/19/2018 11:48am
yes sir, he does.... and yes, he is very impressive
RG1
8/19/2018 12:10pm
ayearinmx wrote:
Where is he going? Not really any spaces in MX2 on a Honda. Can he stay with same team and move up?
philG
8/19/2018 12:15pm
ayearinmx wrote:
Impressive between crashes.. i guess you can work with speed , and stop him crashing, but EMX 250 is a graveyard for some riders, its so tight, they are all one bad start away from not scoring points.

If i have a rider that is fast enough, im sticking him in the back of MX2 and letting him get dragged on and learn,

I know the track conditions were changeable, but i would say EMX 250 race one late saturday, and MX2 race 2 were the most similar, with regards ruts, dryness etc, 9 guys in EMX did laps under 2 minutes, that would have them in the points in MX2, and when the guys on the bigger teams have no EMX round and wild card, they usually do real well, when they might have had a 15-4 day in EMX. I love that its so competitive, but as a team owner it must be a nightmare.
ayearinmx
8/19/2018 12:28pm
philG wrote:
Impressive between crashes.. i guess you can work with speed , and stop him crashing, but EMX 250 is a graveyard for some riders, its so...
Impressive between crashes.. i guess you can work with speed , and stop him crashing, but EMX 250 is a graveyard for some riders, its so tight, they are all one bad start away from not scoring points.

If i have a rider that is fast enough, im sticking him in the back of MX2 and letting him get dragged on and learn,

I know the track conditions were changeable, but i would say EMX 250 race one late saturday, and MX2 race 2 were the most similar, with regards ruts, dryness etc, 9 guys in EMX did laps under 2 minutes, that would have them in the points in MX2, and when the guys on the bigger teams have no EMX round and wild card, they usually do real well, when they might have had a 15-4 day in EMX. I love that its so competitive, but as a team owner it must be a nightmare.
I think Mathys has proved on a whole range of surfaces that he has the speed to win (and come through the pack)..... Portugal, Latvia, France and Switzerland.... and in Lommel he was leading race 1 (until he crashed).

i'd say the only reason he is crashing now (lommel and switzerland) is because of the pressure of the championship, which he just isn't used to having.

either way.... he'll be competitive in MX2 when he does move up
philG
8/19/2018 12:44pm
ayearinmx wrote:
I think Mathys has proved on a whole range of surfaces that he has the speed to win (and come through the pack)..... Portugal, Latvia, France...
I think Mathys has proved on a whole range of surfaces that he has the speed to win (and come through the pack)..... Portugal, Latvia, France and Switzerland.... and in Lommel he was leading race 1 (until he crashed).

i'd say the only reason he is crashing now (lommel and switzerland) is because of the pressure of the championship, which he just isn't used to having.

either way.... he'll be competitive in MX2 when he does move up
No doubt, i dont think he will make the splash that TKO did, but relieved of the pressure to win, he should be better.

I think its good that ex champions like Clarke and Pocock are in there , it gives an idea of where everyone is.
Bearuno
8/19/2018 1:47pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2018 2:04pm
Something for people to watch is the Studio / Pre-race show(s) on MXGP TV.

I think it's free to watch, but, perhaps only after it's 'live' broadcast.

This last weekend, one of the guests was Steve Dixon. His comments on Kawasaki's (or at least Kawi Britain's / Europe) commitment / backing of Searle, shows something many just don't take in. With the GPs, contracts can be Very different to National level racing. In revealing he'd ( the Dixon Team) have no 450 rider for next year, he said he was pretty sure he / Kawasaki would place Searle in a ride.

BOS, appears to be that placement.

With that, he also revealed that he had signed Sanyai ( I hope I remember right - I've been as crook as a Chook, and have been somewhat 'out of it') for 2 years. Next year MX2, 2020 he's to have him on a 450.
8/19/2018 1:53pm
No, indeed, Bogers and Gajser have deals for 2019 and there won't be a 3rd rider there. My guess is that Paulin will go to Wilvo...
No, indeed, Bogers and Gajser have deals for 2019 and there won't be a 3rd rider there.

My guess is that Paulin will go to Wilvo Yamaha and Van Horebeek goes to Ice One Husqvarna
roninho wrote:
Damn the quality of the Husqvarna factory team lineup is not moving upwards. In 2017 they had 3 riders: the 2015 vice worldchamp (Paulin), the 2016...
Damn the quality of the Husqvarna factory team lineup is not moving upwards.

In 2017 they had 3 riders: the 2015 vice worldchamp (Paulin), the 2016 #3 (Nagl) and the MX2 #2 of '15&'16 (Anstie) under contract.
In 2018 they downgraded from 3 to 2 bikes and have Paulin and Anstie under contract.
In 2019 they downgrade again by possible siging Jasikonis and van Horebeek. JvH has had 1 podium finish in the last 50 motos and Jasikonis 2.
To be fair JvH looked really good at the begining of the season before getting banged up.
Anstie has speed and talent etc, but it has always been like that. He has also bounced between teams earlier during his career. It’s not always about what we see on the TV on the weekends.
Jasikonis and JvH imo would be a solid team when the guys are healthy.
Robgvx
8/19/2018 1:54pm
ayearinmx wrote:
philG wrote:
Impressive between crashes.. i guess you can work with speed , and stop him crashing, but EMX 250 is a graveyard for some riders, its so...

Makes a mockery of the system. How are there faster guys in the feeder class than the GP class? GP is supposed to be the top level.

Put the age rule in EMX, not MX2.
Bearuno
8/19/2018 1:55pm
philG wrote:
No doubt, i dont think he will make the splash that TKO did, but relieved of the pressure to win, he should be better. I think...
No doubt, i dont think he will make the splash that TKO did, but relieved of the pressure to win, he should be better.

I think its good that ex champions like Clarke and Pocock are in there , it gives an idea of where everyone is.
How Pocock has made a comeback, after those Horrendous hand injuries ( a rear sprocket and chain to the hand was pretty effing fearful), is amazing to me.

I was a follower of his before the injury, and really felt he could go very far at World level. But, I think the injuries have put paid to that. Clawing ( pun semi intended) his way back to Brit National level, and EMX250 level, is pretty bloody impressive, I reckon. One very tough Ranga, is Mel!
philG
8/19/2018 1:56pm
ayearinmx wrote:
RG1 wrote:
Where is he going? Not really any spaces in MX2 on a Honda. Can he stay with same team and move up?
He is on with Assomotor, so they would step him up , i imagine.
8/19/2018 1:57pm
Bearuno wrote:
Something for people to watch is the Studio / Pre-race show(s) on MXGP TV. I think it's free to watch, but, perhaps only after it's 'live'...
Something for people to watch is the Studio / Pre-race show(s) on MXGP TV.

I think it's free to watch, but, perhaps only after it's 'live' broadcast.

This last weekend, one of the guests was Steve Dixon. His comments on Kawasaki's (or at least Kawi Britain's / Europe) commitment / backing of Searle, shows something many just don't take in. With the GPs, contracts can be Very different to National level racing. In revealing he'd ( the Dixon Team) have no 450 rider for next year, he said he was pretty sure he / Kawasaki would place Searle in a ride.

BOS, appears to be that placement.

With that, he also revealed that he had signed Sanyai ( I hope I remember right - I've been as crook as a Chook, and have been somewhat 'out of it') for 2 years. Next year MX2, 2020 he's to have him on a 450.
philG
8/19/2018 2:13pm
I think Geerts will be staying put.. Hofer is still EMX125 and will be going up to EMX250, If Jonass moves up there is a seat , but nobody to fill it . Or not at the level they need.

Covington is to US, Vlanderen is HRC, Watson and Geerts under contact, A Rod aged out, and Tonkov aged out too, they already had Pootjes and Mewse and dropped them both, Lawrence is off to the US , Horgmo and Fachetti arent setting the world alight in EMX , so who do you choose? Bearing in mind you want them for at least 2 years. Of those that are left , possibly Jacobi, but will he go to Husky ?

Paul333
8/19/2018 2:33pm
Cortami79 wrote:
I just don't understand why Anstie should move when he has had a few podium spots this year + the potential to ride top 5 every...
Good question. He is undoubtedly the better and more consistent rider of the three.,
8/20/2018 2:43am
I said it here before, I think Boisrame would be a perfect replacement for Jonass at factory KTM MX2. Otherwise I don't see who they should (can) get. Can't be that difficult to take him away from Honda.
roninho
8/20/2018 3:25am
To be fair JvH looked really good at the begining of the season before getting banged up. Anstie has speed and talent etc, but it has...
To be fair JvH looked really good at the begining of the season before getting banged up.
Anstie has speed and talent etc, but it has always been like that. He has also bounced between teams earlier during his career. It’s not always about what we see on the TV on the weekends.
Jasikonis and JvH imo would be a solid team when the guys are healthy.
Hmmm, i'm just not sold on the combination, and find 2 guys that are likely not going to end up in top 5 in points in 2019 not a solid pairing for a factory team.

JvH looked good at early season but i feel he does every year and ends up with limited results at years end to actually match that early season 'hype'. Imo he has proven he doesnt have the upside. Something Jasikonis might have (imo a better signing).
Bidirella
8/21/2018 3:24am
There are some rumors going Vlaanderen is taking the spot off Jonass next year..

Would be a good move for both if that happens.
8/21/2018 4:06am
Bidirella wrote:
There are some rumors going Vlaanderen is taking the spot off Jonass next year..

Would be a good move for both if that happens.
I thought he was on a 2 year deal with Honda?

Post a reply to: MXGP silly season18/19

The Latest