MXGP silly season18/19

themrtoad
7/4/2018 1:30am
Bidirella wrote:
Does Lieber have a contract for next year with kawa? Otherwise would be a good fit for JVH, next to Desalle at kawa
He only had a one year deal with Kawasaki. He did really well so I can see them go for another year. He is also not in need of a big salary.
Cortami79
7/4/2018 2:41am
roninho wrote:
Coldenhoff to Standing Construct for '19 and '20 according to motocross nederland. Good deal for both imo, Coldenhoff has the certainty of 2 years on a...
Coldenhoff to Standing Construct for '19 and '20 according to motocross nederland.

Good deal for both imo, Coldenhoff has the certainty of 2 years on a bike he is familiar with, and GC is an upgrade for Standin Construct to Strijbos and Guillod.

They will get a bunch of top 10's, some top 5's and if they have some luck a podium. Imo the best you can hope for as a non-factory team.
Well they are factory supported now, so it seems like he has the same equipments, just another tent and structure. I think it is a good thing for him!
Dougy1
7/4/2018 2:57am
Musquin wins out doors, and is runner-up in 19 SX season.
After constant booing fades Merica and leaves with his Billions.
Buys a chalet in the South of France and baths in a bath tab of 1986 Merlo From Bordeaux .
roninho
7/4/2018 5:28am
roninho wrote:
Coldenhoff to Standing Construct for '19 and '20 according to motocross nederland. Good deal for both imo, Coldenhoff has the certainty of 2 years on a...
Coldenhoff to Standing Construct for '19 and '20 according to motocross nederland.

Good deal for both imo, Coldenhoff has the certainty of 2 years on a bike he is familiar with, and GC is an upgrade for Standin Construct to Strijbos and Guillod.

They will get a bunch of top 10's, some top 5's and if they have some luck a podium. Imo the best you can hope for as a non-factory team.
Cortami79 wrote:
Well they are factory supported now, so it seems like he has the same equipments, just another tent and structure. I think it is a good...
Well they are factory supported now, so it seems like he has the same equipments, just another tent and structure. I think it is a good thing for him!
Yeah i know they have factory support. However, they still are not a factory team and in a perfect world you would expect the best riders to be on factory teams and have a non-factory team like Standing finish behind the 10 to 12 factory rides from KTM, Husqvarna, Honda, Kawasaki and Yamaha.

I can see why a factory team does not sign Coldenhoff since i don't think he will ever be a consistent podium finisher in MXGP, but at the same time i expect him to score more points in 2019 then a bunch of guys on a factory ride (Bogers, Lieber, Seewer, Jasikonis, Nagl, potentially Anstie and van Horebeek).

So yeah, good deal for him to get a 2 year deal on a good team with good support. And good for Standing that without injuries they will be in top 10 next year.

The Shop

Bidirella
7/4/2018 6:16am
Who will be leaving Standing then? Strijbos or Guillod? Cant see them running 3 guys..
roninho
7/4/2018 7:19am
Bidirella wrote:
Does Lieber have a contract for next year with kawa? Otherwise would be a good fit for JVH, next to Desalle at kawa
themrtoad wrote:
He only had a one year deal with Kawasaki. He did really well so I can see them go for another year. He is also not...
He only had a one year deal with Kawasaki. He did really well so I can see them go for another year. He is also not in need of a big salary.
To be honest i think Lieber offers a bit more then 'not in need of a big salary'. His family set up a private team in MX2 just for him to have a good ride. He had a good final season in MX2 but nothing special to warrant a ride for a factory team in MXGP. Those 2 things combined makes me think (speculate) that Lieber brings significant sponsorship to Kawasaki that is tied up to him getting a ride (with salary).

Van Horebeek has 3 top 5 finishes, Lieber 1. Van Horebeek has 14 top 10 finishes, Lieber 10. And Lieber missed 2 GP's due to injury. Jvh is the better rider, but Lieber bringing sponsorship vs. van Horebeek demanding a nice salary is a hard choice if funds are limited for Kawasaki.
roninho
7/4/2018 7:33am
Bidirella wrote:
Who will be leaving Standing then? Strijbos or Guillod? Cant see them running 3 guys..
My first response was going to be why would they keep either Strijbos or Guillod.
But then i looked up Guillod's results and saw that he actually finished 9th in points in MXGP in '16 including a 3rd in a moto. That actually is something Standing Construct would be very happy with.

Anyway looking at the available riders i would prefer Jvh, Anstie or Jasikonis as the 2nd rider. The 2nd group would be the vets (Bobry, Nagl, Simpson). If they are all unavailable (or to expensive) i'd look into Guillod.

Strijbos is imo done for a factory supported team, due to age i can only see him slow down even further.

PastranaWho
7/4/2018 9:23am
Bidirella wrote:
roninho wrote:
My first response was going to be why would they keep either Strijbos or Guillod. But then i looked up Guillod's results and saw that he...
My first response was going to be why would they keep either Strijbos or Guillod.
But then i looked up Guillod's results and saw that he actually finished 9th in points in MXGP in '16 including a 3rd in a moto. That actually is something Standing Construct would be very happy with.

Anyway looking at the available riders i would prefer Jvh, Anstie or Jasikonis as the 2nd rider. The 2nd group would be the vets (Bobry, Nagl, Simpson). If they are all unavailable (or to expensive) i'd look into Guillod.

Strijbos is imo done for a factory supported team, due to age i can only see him slow down even further.

I read strijbos is done after this year. Guillod is coming back from a broken leg and has done pretty good, he had some good/decent results last year.
keinz
7/4/2018 9:56am

roninho
7/4/2018 10:34am
Bidirella wrote:
roninho wrote:
My first response was going to be why would they keep either Strijbos or Guillod. But then i looked up Guillod's results and saw that he...

I read strijbos is done after this year. Guillod is coming back from a broken leg and has done pretty good, he had some good/decent results...
I read strijbos is done after this year. Guillod is coming back from a broken leg and has done pretty good, he had some good/decent results last year.
Actually 2 years ago. A 3rd and 9th overall. Last year was half a season on a honda always out of top 10
themrtoad
7/4/2018 12:49pm
roninho wrote:
To be honest i think Lieber offers a bit more then 'not in need of a big salary'. His family set up a private team in...
To be honest i think Lieber offers a bit more then 'not in need of a big salary'. His family set up a private team in MX2 just for him to have a good ride. He had a good final season in MX2 but nothing special to warrant a ride for a factory team in MXGP. Those 2 things combined makes me think (speculate) that Lieber brings significant sponsorship to Kawasaki that is tied up to him getting a ride (with salary).

Van Horebeek has 3 top 5 finishes, Lieber 1. Van Horebeek has 14 top 10 finishes, Lieber 10. And Lieber missed 2 GP's due to injury. Jvh is the better rider, but Lieber bringing sponsorship vs. van Horebeek demanding a nice salary is a hard choice if funds are limited for Kawasaki.
I agree. He is great rider and does better than I expected on the 450. I saw it as a bought ride at first, but his results shows he deserved it.
themrtoad
7/4/2018 2:28pm
roninho wrote:
To be honest i think Lieber offers a bit more then 'not in need of a big salary'. His family set up a private team in...

To be honest a lot of the riders comes from familys that are quite wealthy. Regarding Lieber I’m sure they are not in need of 100-300k Euro to survive. This doesn’t make him or any of the other riders less of an athlete. MXGP like most motorsports is a rich mens game. Lieber for example might race for bonuses only, which is s good deal for both parts.
7/5/2018 1:38am
Apparently I was wrong, Coldenhoff is going back to Standing KTM... Didin't expect that to happen, but good for him that he has a ride for the coming two seasons.
SD15
8/13/2018 4:37am
Seewer confirmed at Factory Yamaha.
Tonus has re-signed with Wilvo.
Simpson is out at Wilvo.

Will JVH or Anstie get the 3rd ride?

Heard a rumour that Paulin is also searching for a new ride? I thought that he will stay by Husky.
Motofinne
8/13/2018 5:06am Edited Date/Time 8/13/2018 5:07am
Paulin, Jasikonis and Philty Phil on the factory Husqvarna team. Make it happen, please.
Cortami79
8/13/2018 5:47am
Seewer confirmed to be 2nd factory Yamaha rider. Good one, he has a good rookie year. Really curious if Van Horebeek ends up with a good team. If paulin leaves, maybe it should open doors for him? I know Lieber is a great rider (and i respect him after coming back after such injuries), but I think some more consistent riders should've deserved that second spot.
SD15
8/13/2018 6:00am
Lieber has already signed a contract extension with Factory Kawasaki for 2019.
bret191
8/13/2018 6:04am
Lawrence is in his final year in MX2, as he signed a multi-year deal with GECIO Honda in October that will see him compete in Monster Energy Supercross and Lucas Oil Pro Motocross beginning in 2019.
Bidirella
8/14/2018 1:17am
What are the options for Paulin? Wilvo? Standing construct? Everything would be a step back for him when he leaves Ice One..

On the other hand who is Ice One hiring then? Van Horebeek is the only Free guy who could match Paulin..

I guess Jasikonis to Ice one is done deal.

Looks like Wilvo also have 2 Free spots at the end of the year.

What will Jonass do? Still move up when he gets beat by Prado?
roninho
8/14/2018 2:05am
I think Wilvo will only have 2 spots & 1 is taken by Tonus. The 3rd spot was only created to give Seewer a spot, dont think it was permanent.
roninho
8/14/2018 2:08am
Cortami79 wrote:
Seewer confirmed to be 2nd factory Yamaha rider. Good one, he has a good rookie year. Really curious if Van Horebeek ends up with a good...
Seewer confirmed to be 2nd factory Yamaha rider. Good one, he has a good rookie year. Really curious if Van Horebeek ends up with a good team. If paulin leaves, maybe it should open doors for him? I know Lieber is a great rider (and i respect him after coming back after such injuries), but I think some more consistent riders should've deserved that second spot.
Cant see any other reason then money if you pick Lieber over JvH, Coldenhoff, Paulin or Anstie.

It would be a shame if JvH or Anstie end up without a good ride.
themrtoad
8/14/2018 2:57am
They keep saying Anstie to HRC could happen. Van Gebbenroy Kawasaki has a place open next to Lupino as well. Maybe Strijbos there?

I think Simpson and Searle will end up in brittish teams, but still racing MXGP hopefully.

I'm curious who will race next to Jasikonis on the Husky. Dean Wilson is out of a ride...?
SD15
8/14/2018 4:02am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2018 4:02am
Searle said that he wants to stay with Kawasaki - I would say he will stay at DRT.

Paulin is linked with Wilvo.

Can't see a 3rd bike at HRC for Anstie.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
8/14/2018 4:33am
themrtoad wrote:
They keep saying Anstie to HRC could happen. Van Gebbenroy Kawasaki has a place open next to Lupino as well. Maybe Strijbos there? I think Simpson...
They keep saying Anstie to HRC could happen. Van Gebbenroy Kawasaki has a place open next to Lupino as well. Maybe Strijbos there?

I think Simpson and Searle will end up in brittish teams, but still racing MXGP hopefully.

I'm curious who will race next to Jasikonis on the Husky. Dean Wilson is out of a ride...?
Looks like Dean will be staying put at Husky next to Anderson and Osborne.
8/14/2018 4:35am
No, indeed, Bogers and Gajser have deals for 2019 and there won't be a 3rd rider there.

My guess is that Paulin will go to Wilvo Yamaha and Van Horebeek goes to Ice One Husqvarna
themrtoad
8/14/2018 12:58pm
No, indeed, Bogers and Gajser have deals for 2019 and there won't be a 3rd rider there. My guess is that Paulin will go to Wilvo...
No, indeed, Bogers and Gajser have deals for 2019 and there won't be a 3rd rider there.

My guess is that Paulin will go to Wilvo Yamaha and Van Horebeek goes to Ice One Husqvarna
What about Anstie then...?
8/14/2018 2:01pm
Bidirella wrote:
What are the options for Paulin? Wilvo? Standing construct? Everything would be a step back for him when he leaves Ice One.. On the other hand...
What are the options for Paulin? Wilvo? Standing construct? Everything would be a step back for him when he leaves Ice One..

On the other hand who is Ice One hiring then? Van Horebeek is the only Free guy who could match Paulin..

I guess Jasikonis to Ice one is done deal.

Looks like Wilvo also have 2 Free spots at the end of the year.

What will Jonass do? Still move up when he gets beat by Prado?
Paulin's demands are always high. Think he turned down a more bonus related contract and is now in no mans land.

Cannot see Wilvo paying his rates...................
8/15/2018 2:42am
Geerts might be best KTM can get, but he has a deal with Yamaha for 2019... If Anstie goes to Assimoto Honda that would be horrible
Lieber another year at KRT and Seewer to factory Yamaha is already confirmed ;-)
roninho
8/15/2018 3:10am Edited Date/Time 8/15/2018 3:15am
No, indeed, Bogers and Gajser have deals for 2019 and there won't be a 3rd rider there. My guess is that Paulin will go to Wilvo...

Damn the quality of the Husqvarna factory team lineup is not moving upwards.

In 2017 they had 3 riders: the 2015 vice worldchamp (Paulin), the 2016 #3 (Nagl) and the MX2 #2 of '15&'16 (Anstie) under contract.
In 2018 they downgraded from 3 to 2 bikes and have Paulin and Anstie under contract.
In 2019 they downgrade again by possible siging Jasikonis and van Horebeek. JvH has had 1 podium finish in the last 50 motos and Jasikonis 2.

Post a reply to: MXGP silly season18/19

The Latest