MXGP’s: MX2 age limit in 2021?

Cortami79
Edited Date/Time 3/24/2020 12:06pm
I was thinking ahead for 2021 with the entire corona virus situation. Let’s say that we will not (or barely) race anymore for this season. How will this have an effect for the riders required to go to the MXGP class next year? They barely had the possibility to prove themselves for the factory teams. Think of riders like Thomas Kjer Olsen, Ben Watson, Davy Pootjes..

We need races because this sounds like a off season question Grinning
|
Bidirella
3/23/2020 2:38pm
Pootjes barely got a ride this season, let’s stand a MXGP ride. Need to get real lucky or allot of cash for a ride IMO. Big bummer because looked like he could battle for world titles.

About TKO is a big in house Husky battle. Who will stay or go? Jonass? TKO? Or Jasikonis who is by far the hottest Husky guy at the moment.

Watson will land somewhere a solid MXGP ride same as TKO. But guys look more 450 guys with there height and weight.
Cortami79
3/24/2020 6:48am
Bidirella wrote:
Pootjes barely got a ride this season, let’s stand a MXGP ride. Need to get real lucky or allot of cash for a ride IMO. Big...
Pootjes barely got a ride this season, let’s stand a MXGP ride. Need to get real lucky or allot of cash for a ride IMO. Big bummer because looked like he could battle for world titles.

About TKO is a big in house Husky battle. Who will stay or go? Jonass? TKO? Or Jasikonis who is by far the hottest Husky guy at the moment.

Watson will land somewhere a solid MXGP ride same as TKO. But guys look more 450 guys with there height and weight.
Yeah that's why they maybe should get another year in MX2 perhaps.. If TKO could have battled for the mx2 title, it would have given him more options. Him and Watson will be solid for 450's I think
DC
3/24/2020 7:51am
Cortami79 wrote:
I was thinking ahead for 2021 with the entire corona virus situation. Let’s say that we will not (or barely) race anymore for this season. How...
I was thinking ahead for 2021 with the entire corona virus situation. Let’s say that we will not (or barely) race anymore for this season. How will this have an effect for the riders required to go to the MXGP class next year? They barely had the possibility to prove themselves for the factory teams. Think of riders like Thomas Kjer Olsen, Ben Watson, Davy Pootjes..

We need races because this sounds like a off season question Grinning
We have a similar conversation going here in the states, but with college athletes. With the spring-season sports all wiped out, there is a talk of adding a year of eligibility across the board...

DC
Racer X

DeStouwer
3/24/2020 9:47am
Cortami79 wrote:
Yeah that's why they maybe should get another year in MX2 perhaps.. If TKO could have battled for the mx2 title, it would have given him...
Yeah that's why they maybe should get another year in MX2 perhaps.. If TKO could have battled for the mx2 title, it would have given him more options. Him and Watson will be solid for 450's I think
It's a possibility, but if you do that, you're just moving the problem to 2022. Let's say that instead of 4 riders, 8 riders will have to move to MXGP at once. There's no way all of them can find a decent spot.

The Shop

Bearuno
3/24/2020 10:06am
Well, what better time than next season, to get rid of the age limit, altogether?

It's a dreadful rule, for a World Championship class.

Thank goodness DC and Co, have not enacted such idiocy.

The sport has never had a problem with having enough elite riders moving up to the 500 , and now, what is the 450 class. I see the '23 and your out rule', as doing immeasurable harm to the sport, and so many riders.
loftyair
3/24/2020 11:01am
Again a good example to get rid of 'bike-size' and age racing. Ride whats right for you, in the premier class, with most support and tv time. Otherwise you in 'support' class, again riding whatever best for you.
Arofin
3/24/2020 12:06pm
Bidirella wrote:
Pootjes barely got a ride this season, let’s stand a MXGP ride. Need to get real lucky or allot of cash for a ride IMO. Big...

Cortami79 wrote:
Yeah that's why they maybe should get another year in MX2 perhaps.. If TKO could have battled for the mx2 title, it would have given him...
If neccessary fh raceshop gives him a 450

Post a reply to: MXGP’s: MX2 age limit in 2021?

The Latest