MXGP of USA?

Edited Date/Time 7/2/2022 4:30am
It’s been 5 years now since we’ve had one here. Watching Prime Cairolli/Herlings/Tomac go at it. Wish there’d be another. So many guys I think we’d all love to see race each other again. Why doesn’t MXGP have a race here consistently?
|
7/1/2022 10:38am
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, that’s why.
ATKpilot99
7/1/2022 10:43am
1911 wrote:
Yep . Luongo charges an exorbitant amount to have a GP then about 5 people show up to watch .
swe292
7/1/2022 10:44am
Gatorback would be perfect. Make it a dual ama-gp round that hands out points.
7/1/2022 10:47am
1911 wrote:
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Yep . Luongo charges an exorbitant amount to have a GP then about 5 people show up to watch .
Everytime I see that dudes name come up it’s in such a bad light. Sounds like a real clown.

The Shop

Press516
Fantasy
90th
7/1/2022 12:32pm
swe292 wrote:
That is just so unlikely.... but so desirable.

Man, the qualifiers become crazy important, because points scorers on both sides are not going to qualify. Maybe offer a top 5 exemption, if in top 5 in points but don't qualify, you get in... (flat tire - mechanical, etc)

We fans would be crazy for it... I wonder if the riders would be??
KlockreN
7/1/2022 1:41pm
swe292 wrote:
Press516 wrote:
That is just so unlikely.... but so desirable. Man, the qualifiers become crazy important, because points scorers on both sides are not going to qualify. Maybe...

Man, the qualifiers become crazy important, because points scorers on both sides are not going to qualify. Maybe offer a top 5 exemption, if in top 5 in points but don't qualify, you get in... (flat tire - mechanical, etc)

This have been my wet dream to have a AMA outdoor round and MXGP round be on the same weekend and points are scored for both championships. Can you imagine the hype it would bring.
Rickyisms
7/1/2022 1:45pm
Fans- We want a US GP!

Luongo- Best I can do is Indonesia where most riders can’t afford to show up
swe292
7/1/2022 1:51pm
swe292 wrote:
Press516 wrote:
That is just so unlikely.... but so desirable. Man, the qualifiers become crazy important, because points scorers on both sides are not going to qualify. Maybe...

KlockreN wrote:
This have been my wet dream to have a AMA outdoor round and MXGP round be on the same weekend and points are scored for both...
This have been my wet dream to have a AMA outdoor round and MXGP round be on the same weekend and points are scored for both championships. Can you imagine the hype it would bring.
do it like first or second weekend of september and make it the last round of ama and one of the last for mxgp. absolute carnage and wouldn't be as hot.
ayearinmx
7/1/2022 10:09pm
If this were true, and the US promoter (whoever that would be) knew he'd make his money back because thousands upon thousands of fans would show up and attend... Then there would be a USGP

But the fact is, more people attended the parade on the streets of Indonesia, than the last few (all) USGPs combined, so it just isn't as popular in America as it needs to be, in order to host an event

7/2/2022 1:34am
Man most of you lot can’t see the woods through the trees when it comes to this subject.

If there were an top US rider competing at the sharp end of an MXGP championship, then of course the US MXGP were be well Attended, your the most patriotic country in the world right ?

As is stands there isn’t any, so there is little relevance for the fans. Also the factory’s have good exposure in states already from Sx & Nats. So from a FIM - Factory perspective marketing in Indonesia makes more sense, this is all about selling bikes remember. Not just dirt bikes..
ktm 125
7/2/2022 4:30am
i would love to see 2 us rounds. it have to be back to back though because of the travel costs or at least usa round-argentina round-usa round or something like that

Post a reply to: MXGP of USA?

The Latest