MXGP of Turkey

9/2/2018 6:14am
Herlings has his floaties on again, must be something he does to combat the heat? Evidently it's been working.
9/2/2018 6:43am
looked like Gajser woke up herlings ... all of a sudden he was close behind
9/2/2018 7:10am
and a new record as he is the first to win 15 GP's in a season .. 2 more to go Wink
kkawboy14
9/2/2018 8:32am
Did Prado get docked points for crashing Jonas? And what happened to Cairoli the second moto?

The Shop

9/2/2018 11:30am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Did Prado get docked points for crashing Jonas? And what happened to Cairoli the second moto?
no , racing incident it was called and agreed on ..

Cairoli had a crash second moto , lapchart showed him in 18th after first lap and he struggled and got stuck at 15 th
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
9/2/2018 11:46am
and a new record as he is the first to win 15 GP's in a season .. 2 more to go Wink
Beast Wink
Brent
9/2/2018 11:53am
Robgvx wrote:
Looks like a California practice track.
Looks exactly like the main tracks at either Milestone or Pala, even the same dirt..

RG1
9/2/2018 12:06pm
Greubel not happy with Prado ..
RG1 wrote:
Prado had the move made really, Jonass should have backed out of that and had another go
Prado cut across him in the air, that's a no no in my book. You could tell Prado wasn't following the direction of the track as...
Prado cut across him in the air, that's a no no in my book. You could tell Prado wasn't following the direction of the track as he didn't make the turn when he landed. They should dock him for dangerous riding IMO.
He didn't make the turn because Jonass hit him. If you're Jonass you can't leave 12ft of track on the inside then swing all the way across and expect Prado not to be there. It was a racing incident but Prado was in front. Jonass was the one who came across
BMSOBx2
9/2/2018 3:01pm
pdub187 wrote:
What a beautiful location for a track.
LaughingLaughingLaughing

I kept looking for fans but didn't see any. Oh well Louongo got his.
9/2/2018 3:29pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2018 7:53pm
Damn even with missing a round Herlings has a 95 point lead over Cairoli.. that has to sting if you're Tony. Pretty much inevitable that Herlings will wrap it up at Assen in two weeks, if my math is correct he just has to not lose 20 points to Cairoli in the first moto and the title is his.
500guy
9/2/2018 5:03pm
Damn even with missing a round Herlings has a 95 point lead over Cairoli.. that has to sting if you're Tony. Pretty much inevitable that Herlings...
Damn even with missing a round Herlings has a 95 point lead over Cairoli.. that has to sting if you're Tony. Pretty much inevitable that Herlings will wrap it up at Assen in two weeks, if my math is correct he just has to not lose 20 points to Cairoli in the first moto and the title is his.
Cairoli has to score perfect 4 moto's Herlings could not race and still win the title if TC got 2nd or 3rd it's over.
9/2/2018 5:29pm
Damn even with missing a round Herlings has a 95 point lead over Cairoli.. that has to sting if you're Tony. Pretty much inevitable that Herlings...
He needs to score 5 points to seal the deal.
9/2/2018 7:30pm
What a piece of shit track. I don’t know if will ever go to a GP as long as there fucking signs line the track.Serioiusly viewing at MXGP’s must be shithouse. Look at the fucking size of these things.
Piece of shit tracks poor viewing and another round with both fields only fielding 23 ish riders.
MXGP slowly becoming a circus.

9/2/2018 7:56pm
109 wrote:
He needs to score 5 points to seal the deal.
Yeah that's one way to put it. I was just saying the only way for him not to win it after the first moto at Assen would be for him to lose 21 points to Cairoli.
500guy
9/2/2018 8:07pm
Yeah that's one way to put it. I was just saying the only way for him not to win it after the first moto at Assen...
Yeah that's one way to put it. I was just saying the only way for him not to win it after the first moto at Assen would be for him to lose 21 points to Cairoli.
it's just crazy how much faster he is at times, I think it's safe to say 5 points won't be much of a problem.
9/2/2018 9:23pm
RG1 wrote:
Prado had the move made really, Jonass should have backed out of that and had another go
Prado cut across him in the air, that's a no no in my book. You could tell Prado wasn't following the direction of the track as...
Prado cut across him in the air, that's a no no in my book. You could tell Prado wasn't following the direction of the track as he didn't make the turn when he landed. They should dock him for dangerous riding IMO.
RG1 wrote:
He didn't make the turn because Jonass hit him. If you're Jonass you can't leave 12ft of track on the inside then swing all the way...
He didn't make the turn because Jonass hit him. If you're Jonass you can't leave 12ft of track on the inside then swing all the way across and expect Prado not to be there. It was a racing incident but Prado was in front. Jonass was the one who came across

TDeath21
9/2/2018 10:50pm
It appears I’m in the minority on the Prado/Jonass incident. I put this on Jonass. Prado was close behind and scrubbed hard to pull even with Jonass. Meanwhile, Jonass went way wide to the edge of the track and then cut hard back toward the inside. Prado had the inside and controlled the line. Jonass saw this, but he tried to get there first and chop the line. Prado also saw this and didn’t back off. Result was a collision. In my opinion, if you’re even with someone and have the inside, you control the line. Jonass should have backed off or just stayed on the outside line instead of cutting across.
9/2/2018 11:09pm
TDeath21 wrote:
It appears I’m in the minority on the Prado/Jonass incident. I put this on Jonass. Prado was close behind and scrubbed hard to pull even with...
It appears I’m in the minority on the Prado/Jonass incident. I put this on Jonass. Prado was close behind and scrubbed hard to pull even with Jonass. Meanwhile, Jonass went way wide to the edge of the track and then cut hard back toward the inside. Prado had the inside and controlled the line. Jonass saw this, but he tried to get there first and chop the line. Prado also saw this and didn’t back off. Result was a collision. In my opinion, if you’re even with someone and have the inside, you control the line. Jonass should have backed off or just stayed on the outside line instead of cutting across.
I’m with you a 100% on this. It looked like Jonass was going to sweep the outside, which I guess is what Prado thought as well, and then he just cut over to take the jump on the inside.
roninho
9/3/2018 12:40am
I didnt get the impression from the pre moto 2 interview with Prado that he felt it was a mistake by Jonass. He looked like a kid that got caught. Not that the intended to take Jonass out, but more like "oops this was kind of agressive, way to early and not needed in that situation, and shit we both were warned before by KTM to keep it clean and now Jonass is on the ground''-kind of look. It was the first time in a long time where Prado didnt look confident. All imho off course.

Anyway, is there any info on why Prado was lacking pace in moto 2? Was it the heat or did he pick up an injury in the crash?
RDX
9/3/2018 12:52am
Jonass opens the door. Prado takes the inside. Then Jonass is coming on fire from the outside and doesn't back off.

Both are going for the same way out of the corner. Prado is in front. Can't see where is the controversy.
9/3/2018 1:00am
Just a racing incident, but you can tell Prado is a young guy without a lot of experience. It's just stupid to take these risks when your leading the championshp wit just a few GP's to go. If Jonass would win all the remaining heats, Prado would be good with just 3rd places, why the hell would you take such a risk?
drt410
9/3/2018 1:10am Edited Date/Time 9/3/2018 1:14am
What a piece of shit track. I don’t know if will ever go to a GP as long as there fucking signs line the track.Serioiusly viewing...
What a piece of shit track. I don’t know if will ever go to a GP as long as there fucking signs line the track.Serioiusly viewing at MXGP’s must be shithouse. Look at the fucking size of these things.
Piece of shit tracks poor viewing and another round with both fields only fielding 23 ish riders.
MXGP slowly becoming a circus.

Your just noticing this? Half the tracks are in the back of industrial zones with factories and warehouses that the tracks wind inbetween. Half the tracks are incredible half are complete garbage theres not really any middle ground and consistency. I guess that can be expected being a world championship going to some 3rd world countries, but then again its the world championship they should be at the best tracks that each country have to offer and if theyre not up to the standards dont go. A lot of the tracks seem to just have a bunch of table tops, are skinny as hell, and then are compacted almost blue groove with a layer of dust on top that sometimes kicks up really bad.

After Ironman JH84 was saying that he was blown away by how wide the tracks are, the ample places to pass, and the extremely high quality of the track prep. It was funny because the guy who was talking to him then brought up how our riders have a tendency to complain about places being 1 lined and then Musquin and Baggett chimed in and were like yea sometimes some of the tracks do get one lined but yea theyre pretty good. In their defense most of the 1 lined track complaints we hear come from supercross not motocross though. But anyways he had a lot of complaints about the gp tracks as well, but I think its a good thing for them because they become great passers when your on skinny tracks.
roninho
9/3/2018 2:33am
The boarding is bad, and the lack of spectators and remote locations they use for GP's like Turkey and Indonesia is insane, but i must admit i quite liked the track on tv. The racing was pretty interesting to me.
roninho
9/3/2018 2:35am
Just a racing incident, but you can tell Prado is a young guy without a lot of experience. It's just stupid to take these risks when...
Just a racing incident, but you can tell Prado is a young guy without a lot of experience. It's just stupid to take these risks when your leading the championshp wit just a few GP's to go. If Jonass would win all the remaining heats, Prado would be good with just 3rd places, why the hell would you take such a risk?
Regardless of who caused the incident, i fully agree it was a stupid move by Prado. He doesnt need to win, and if you even want to make a move there was no need at that time of the race and that spot. Still 20 minutes to go. Add to this that it looked like he was faster as well.
kkawboy14
9/3/2018 7:10am
He did the same thing in the first race around Covington, Covington realized he was coming and jump over, worked out perfectly for both of them
Eurobrah
9/3/2018 7:31am
MX2 qualifying race underway. Quite a lot of empty gates as expected. The track looks fun though!
It's just shocking to me how the Youthstream doesn't think the lack of riders is a problem. Don't get me wrong, the 20-ish regular guys are GOOD (with the exeption of the few local dudes in every round like there was in Turkey), but the field just screams for more riders to bring back the former glory of the GP's. In MotoGP or F1 you can have 20-ish riders/drivers on the track, but that just doesn't work in MX.

I've never heard an interview or a report where the head of the YS would be concerned about that the gates are almost always half empty. I remember reading that the big guys in the FIM were worried about the current state of the GP's (that was back in 2007 or so) but they said they couldn't comment it more because it was YS running the series, not them.

As long as there is as few guys on the races as there is now, I just cannot get into the GP's.
500guy
9/3/2018 7:32am
I would say they were both at fault but the real issue is that could have ended the season for both riders.

it was an unnecessary risk on Prado's part, shit happens. hopefully the KTM boss wasn't to hard on him, it seems like they want Jonus to win the title more than Prado.
9/3/2018 9:52am Edited Date/Time 9/3/2018 9:52am
500guy wrote:
I would say they were both at fault but the real issue is that could have ended the season for both riders. it was an unnecessary...
I would say they were both at fault but the real issue is that could have ended the season for both riders.

it was an unnecessary risk on Prado's part, shit happens. hopefully the KTM boss wasn't to hard on him, it seems like they want Jonus to win the title more than Prado.
If you're basing that on what you saw on replay -- Dirk Gruebel shaking his head in disapproval -- then it was a confusing/deceptive image. There are two KTM teams under one sponsor and, hence, two KTM bosses: Jonas rides for Gruebel (with Coldenhoff and Herlings); Prado rides for Claudio de Carli (with Cairoli).

JAFO92
9/4/2018 7:20am
500guy wrote:
I would say they were both at fault but the real issue is that could have ended the season for both riders. it was an unnecessary...

Jonass going to Husqvarna next year.

Post a reply to: MXGP of Turkey

The Latest