MXGP of Trentino practice and quali discussion

Related:
Create New Tag

4/7/2018 3:05 AM

|

Power is nothing without control

4/7/2018 3:07 AM

Photo

|

Power is nothing without control

4/7/2018 3:30 AM

Herlings raw speed is absolutely frightening

|

4/7/2018 3:34 AM

Photo

|

Power is nothing without control

4/7/2018 3:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/7/2018 3:50 AM

RG1 wrote:

Herlings raw speed is absolutely frightening

Some may think you're being overly dramatic - but not Me - you've got it in one.

Over the years, it's how I've looked at his riding. Often, through my fingers covering my face like a little kid.

Gobsmaking, fearful stuff, even with how smooth he is. More than most riders, I brace for what I call the "Airline Disaster' prang from him.

I favour AC over him (but do think Herlings is going to be very hard to top this year) , but hope He - well all others - stay safe and healthy in this years racing. The pace is just amazing - well, it always has been in The World Championships.


PS - 2nd round of the World Sidecarcross Championships is on this weekend, in France.
https://www.fimsidecarcross.com/download/3/3/0/WSC-UP-R2-FRA.mp4

|

4/7/2018 3:54 AM

Bearuno wrote:

Some may think you're being overly dramatic - but not Me - you've got it in one.

Over the years, it's how I've looked at his riding. Often, through my fingers covering my face like a little kid.

Gobsmaking, fearful stuff, even with how smooth he is. More than most riders, I brace for what I call the "Airline Disaster' prang from him.

I favour AC over him (but do think Herlings is going to be very hard to top this year) , but hope He - well all others - stay safe and healthy in this years racing. The pace is just amazing - well, it always has been in The World Championships.


PS - 2nd round of the World Sidecarcross Championships is on this weekend, in France.
https://www.fimsidecarcross.com/download/3/3/0/WSC-UP-R2-FRA.mp4

|

Power is nothing without control

4/7/2018 3:58 AM

Damn, MX2 group is tight as well. Top 20 in 2 seconds.

Am I the only one that expected a little more from Weltin? I don't know how that honda is compared to the BUD kawasaki from last year, but it seems like the step to mx2 is big for him. Hopefully he grows more to the top 20 into the season

|

4/7/2018 4:20 AM

Cortami79 wrote:

Damn, MX2 group is tight as well. Top 20 in 2 seconds.

Am I the only one that expected a little more from Weltin? I don't know how that honda is compared to the BUD kawasaki from last year, but it seems like the step to mx2 is big for him. Hopefully he grows more to the top 20 into the season

That's a stacked field. Was looking for Lawrence and when I didn't see him near the top was starting to think the worst the further down I went. 24th sounds bad on paper, and while it isn't great news, he's only 2.2 seconds off. There's only 4 seconds between 1st and 37th !!!!
Yeah nah, the nationals are the premier class in MX

|

4/7/2018 4:21 AM

Cortami79 wrote:

Damn, MX2 group is tight as well. Top 20 in 2 seconds.

Am I the only one that expected a little more from Weltin? I don't know how that honda is compared to the BUD kawasaki from last year, but it seems like the step to mx2 is big for him. Hopefully he grows more to the top 20 into the season

Underground wrote:

That's a stacked field. Was looking for Lawrence and when I didn't see him near the top was starting to think the worst the further down I went. 24th sounds bad on paper, and while it isn't great news, he's only 2.2 seconds off. There's only 4 seconds between 1st and 37th !!!!
Yeah nah, the nationals are the premier class in MX

Free practice. Relax.

|

4/7/2018 4:48 AM

Yeah just saying.

|

4/7/2018 4:49 AM

What a track!

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


4/7/2018 4:58 AM

RG1 wrote:

Herlings raw speed is absolutely frightening

Bearuno wrote:

Some may think you're being overly dramatic - but not Me - you've got it in one.

Over the years, it's how I've looked at his riding. Often, through my fingers covering my face like a little kid.

Gobsmaking, fearful stuff, even with how smooth he is. More than most riders, I brace for what I call the "Airline Disaster' prang from him.

I favour AC over him (but do think Herlings is going to be very hard to top this year) , but hope He - well all others - stay safe and healthy in this years racing. The pace is just amazing - well, it always has been in The World Championships.


PS - 2nd round of the World Sidecarcross Championships is on this weekend, in France.
https://www.fimsidecarcross.com/download/3/3/0/WSC-UP-R2-FRA.mp4

I remember watching him in practice at the MXdN last year and just being amazed at how fast he was going and how smooth he was. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it before

|

4/7/2018 5:07 AM

Photo

|

Power is nothing without control

4/7/2018 5:07 AM

Photo

|

Power is nothing without control

4/7/2018 5:11 AM

Photo

|

Power is nothing without control

4/7/2018 5:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/7/2018 5:31 AM

MX2 Time practice


Photo

|

Power is nothing without control

4/7/2018 5:49 AM

Any idea where Sanyaei is? I see only a few laps in free practice. Not on the timed practice? Bike issues again?

|

4/7/2018 6:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/7/2018 6:29 AM

ehr400 wrote:

Any idea where Sanyaei is? I see only a few laps in free practice. Not on the timed practice? Bike issues again?

Injured his knee in a British national race last weekend. Looks like he gave it a try but can't go.

|

4/7/2018 6:21 AM

ehr400 wrote:

Any idea where Sanyaei is? I see only a few laps in free practice. Not on the timed practice? Bike issues again?

ATKpilot99 wrote:

Injured his knee in a British national race last weekend. Looks like he gave it a try but can't go.

I'm gutted and frustrated for him, because the British Championship isn't even worth doing and he got injured there and it's ruined the momentum he had going

|

4/7/2018 6:23 AM

Photo

|

Power is nothing without control

4/7/2018 6:25 AM

Yeeehaaaa! Stream is live for WMX Moto 1 of the year!

http://www.mxgp-tv.com/videos/1171092/mxgp-of-trentino-2018-live

|

4/7/2018 6:26 AM

RG1 wrote:

I'm gutted and frustrated for him, because the British Championship isn't even worth doing and he got injured there and it's ruined the momentum he had going

Then again, he has to train! And racing is the best training, realy frustrating he got injured though.

|

4/7/2018 6:27 AM

ehr400 wrote:

Any idea where Sanyaei is? I see only a few laps in free practice. Not on the timed practice? Bike issues again?

ATKpilot99 wrote:

Injured his knee in a British national race last weekend. Looks like he gave it a try but can't go.

RG1 wrote:

I'm gutted and frustrated for him, because the British Championship isn't even worth doing and he got injured there and it's ruined the momentum he had going

Dammit. I did not know that. Fuck.

|

4/7/2018 6:55 AM

time practice MXGP

Photo

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

4/7/2018 6:55 AM

Photo

WMX Moto 1 results.

Pretty fun last few laps there with Fontanesi charging hard till she crashed.
|

4/7/2018 7:00 AM

van de Ven with a great result ... amazing , just a month back on the bike and cant walk properly but look at her ..

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

4/7/2018 7:23 AM

Anyone else finding Paul's mic real quiet?

|

4/7/2018 7:28 AM

RG1 wrote:

I'm gutted and frustrated for him, because the British Championship isn't even worth doing and he got injured there and it's ruined the momentum he had going

It's worth doing for the Team he rides for - And him through that. It's how he makes a living.

There's 2 American Champions that got their first Adult Championships through the winning of the British Championships - and it was big part of their ongoing success. That's Mike Brown( I think he won a British title, and got 3rd in the World in 99 and 2000 to then get his US Championships in 2001) and Zach Osborne.

Why belittle your Championships? Heck, Mike and Zach, without the Brit Championships (and British Teams that employed them) and World Championships to give them another chance, probably would have 'disappeared'. Especially Zach - and he really got a huge amount of help through Steve Dixon's Team, for quite a few years, and in getting back to the USA.

Fug me, I think you blokes - and most other countries MX 'fans', could do with a tiny percentage of the self confidence / braggadocio that Americans have with regards to their racing. I follow the Brit Championships, spend the money on the season DVDs (where I don't for the US) and you've got Great Racing, Riders and Teams.

|

4/7/2018 7:33 AM

RichardLoots wrote:

van de Ven with a great result ... amazing , just a month back on the bike and cant walk properly but look at her ..

Good racing in the few laps I saw!

Larrisa Papenmeir is so bloody tiny - I don't know how she hangs on at times.

Anyone know what happened with Duncan? I missed most of that Moto

|

4/7/2018 7:33 AM

Robgvx wrote:

Anyone else finding Paul's mic real quiet?

Yep. Glad it’s not my tv lol

|