MXGP of Trentino - Race thread

4/8/2018 5:03pm
Herlings is in Cairollis head already. That amateur attempt and blocking Herlings so early in race 2 was silly.
Something tells me Jacobi owes Jonas one as well.
Is it just me or every time AC gets beat he has some sort of excuse.
RG1
4/8/2018 5:07pm
Cairoli knew he didn't have anything for Herlings today so he tried to disrupt his rythym. It didn't work and he came out looking silly. Herlings was incredible to watch this weekend. His corner speed was amazing and he was so smooth too. He's absolutely on fire at the minute but it's a long season and I'm sure Cairoli will have his dominant weekends too. It should be a great season
RG1
4/8/2018 5:09pm
Herlings is in Cairollis head already. That amateur attempt and blocking Herlings so early in race 2 was silly. Something tells me Jacobi owes Jonas one...
Herlings is in Cairollis head already. That amateur attempt and blocking Herlings so early in race 2 was silly.
I don't know I think it was a racing incident between Jonass and Jacobi. It looked to me like Vlaanderen went down, so Jacobi had to slow down and take evasive action and because of that Jonass ran into him
BMSOBx2
4/8/2018 5:11pm
Herlings + holeshot = win. And if he can do that the rest of the season nobody else has a chance.

The Shop

4/8/2018 7:25pm
Herlings is in Cairollis head already. That amateur attempt and blocking Herlings so early in race 2 was silly. Something tells me Jacobi owes Jonas one...
RG1 wrote:
I don't know I think it was a racing incident between Jonass and Jacobi. It looked to me like Vlaanderen went down, so Jacobi had to...
I don't know I think it was a racing incident between Jonass and Jacobi. It looked to me like Vlaanderen went down, so Jacobi had to slow down and take evasive action and because of that Jonass ran into him
Yeh i think ther only thing that i thought was questionable was the speed he came in at and faded out very quickly to Jacobi. By the looks of it you had to be very aggressive to pass on this track
Cortami79
4/8/2018 11:58pm
Awesome race again. Seems like Herlings is in Cairoli's head as Richard said. I just really hope those two keep healthy all season. Jacobi is surprise of the season so far for me.
Motofinne
4/9/2018 12:08am Edited Date/Time 4/9/2018 1:44am
The way Herlings completely outsmarts Cairoli in the second moto, pretty funny.

And i might agree with you guys. I would not say that Herlings is Cairolis head but i think it's undeniable that Cairoli is worried. 26 min + 2 laps left and you start the "slowing down in the corners"-move on your home soil? Not good, not good at all.
Sideways
4/9/2018 12:32am
I agree he often has an excuse, but to be fair AC said he didnt have anything for Herlings in the 2nd moto. Ha basically said the speed was very high and he would have made a mistake if he kept pushing like that.

The funny thing is like it doesnt look like Herlings was pushing, no mistakes just supersmooth riding. He is really something else to behold right know.
Tumic
4/9/2018 12:43am
Motofinne wrote:
The way Herlings completely outsmarts Cairoli in the second moto, pretty funny. And i might agree with you guys. I would not say that Herlings is...
The way Herlings completely outsmarts Cairoli in the second moto, pretty funny.

And i might agree with you guys. I would not say that Herlings is Cairolis head but i think it's undeniable that Cairoli is worried. 26 min + 2 laps left and you start the "slowing down in the corners"-move on your home soil? Not good, not good at all.
Cairoli always races JH like that and if he knows from quali and first moto that JH is on a nother level this weekend i guess he have to take all the chanses he can to mess with JH’s speed.

Its not like he can let a faster rider pass and then chase him down..
J2s
4/9/2018 1:57am
About time 84 moved up and stops sandbagging ....

4/9/2018 2:16am
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Herlings + holeshot = win. And if he can do that the rest of the season nobody else has a chance.
It seems like that could be the case, but let's hope not it would lead to a very boring season indeed.
4/9/2018 2:37am Edited Date/Time 4/9/2018 2:41am
Jeffrey had Tony's number completely this weekend, what that means long term is too early to say but AC has his hands full no doubt. As per once upon a time with Stewart in AMA we always wondered how frightening Herlings would be if he could translate his smaller class speed onto the bigger bikes.

Really difficulty and much too early to indicate which way it'll go, of course staying healthy is key. Speed wise you'd have to give it to Jeffrey right now, but again, Tony's proven a master at the long game hence a ridiculous number of titles.
Robgvx
4/9/2018 3:18am
Jeffrey had Tony's number completely this weekend, what that means long term is too early to say but AC has his hands full no doubt. As...
Jeffrey had Tony's number completely this weekend, what that means long term is too early to say but AC has his hands full no doubt. As per once upon a time with Stewart in AMA we always wondered how frightening Herlings would be if he could translate his smaller class speed onto the bigger bikes.

Really difficulty and much too early to indicate which way it'll go, of course staying healthy is key. Speed wise you'd have to give it to Jeffrey right now, but again, Tony's proven a master at the long game hence a ridiculous number of titles.
‘The long game’. That’s it right there. And AC has a far superior track record than JH in that respect.
Flip109
4/9/2018 3:23am
Jeffrey had Tony's number completely this weekend, what that means long term is too early to say but AC has his hands full no doubt. As...

Yep at this point TC just needs to keep JH honest and play the long game. Nobody has anything for Herlings at the moment. No use in wadding it up.
4/9/2018 3:35am

Robgvx wrote:
‘The long game’. That’s it right there. And AC has a far superior track record than JH in that respect.
That's true, but i would have normally expected Jeffrey to have imploded at some point by now , but..........
He seems to have matured a great deal and it might be AC who makes the mistakes with the pressure he's having to apply?
I just hope neither of them get hurt and we see a battle all the way to the last corner of the last lap at the last round for the over all.
ATKpilot99
4/9/2018 3:47am
Will anyone else be able to win a moto without Herlings and Cairoli having issues at the same time ?
Motofinne
4/9/2018 3:54am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Will anyone else be able to win a moto without Herlings and Cairoli having issues at the same time ?
A 100% Gajser is the only one.
roninho
4/9/2018 4:10am
Flip109 wrote:
Yep at this point TC just needs to keep JH honest and play the long game. Nobody has anything for Herlings at the moment. No use...
Yep at this point TC just needs to keep JH honest and play the long game. Nobody has anything for Herlings at the moment. No use in wadding it up.
Agreed.

I hope Herlings has realised from the 1st 4 gp's that if he has a bad start he will still finish 2nd and just lose 3 points. So don't panic and do stupid things but just take your time and take the points.

St Ann More
4/9/2018 5:07am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Simpson in Indonesia, stamp it!
Robgvx
4/9/2018 5:26am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
There will be mud races to come, at some point.
4/9/2018 5:52am
I dont know what race everyone was watching, yes Herlings won. Cairoli was right there with him until about 10 minutes left and seemed to back it off after making a few mistakes.

I see no one beating Cairoli over the long series.

Herlings riding at that speed will make a big mistake sooner or later.

He almost got kicked OTB going down one of those hills.

We will see!

4/9/2018 5:52am
The general consensus if all my riding buddies here in Switzerland is we all want Cairolli to pull off his 10th championship. It's too early to call as everyone above is pretty much agreeing, but it will be decided by who has the best long game. I was disappointed to see Herlings inch away from Antonio, but i think there will be some races where Antonio will have Herlings covered for speed. Who will make the first big mistake...crash?? I agree with above, Antonio was trying to block Herlings going into that corner....didnt pay off...and looked like he was too worried about Herlings rather than racing forward. I felt he stood a chance of holding him back for the whole race...
kongols
4/9/2018 6:12am Edited Date/Time 4/9/2018 6:14am
I dont know what race everyone was watching, yes Herlings won. Cairoli was right there with him until about 10 minutes left and seemed to back...
I dont know what race everyone was watching, yes Herlings won. Cairoli was right there with him until about 10 minutes left and seemed to back it off after making a few mistakes.

We will see!

I don`t know what race you were watching but Herlings was faster every lap except one and he completely broke Cairoli when he set the best lap of the day on lap 11. And folowed it up with another fast lap which was the same as Cairoli fastest, which Cairoli set on lap 4.
J2s
4/9/2018 6:33am
Jeffrey look so dam smooth yesterday pulling away
Ac is so good at running at qualifying speed for the first half of the race and that breaks the rest ,but now Jeffrey's
Come in with th e same if not faster speed ac starts making mistakes and don't like riding over his edge .

make1go
4/9/2018 8:31am

Robgvx wrote:
Pretty hard to rack up 9 450 titles in your second year if you do the maths, but dont let that get in the way of your strange mind set..
4/9/2018 8:37am Edited Date/Time 4/9/2018 8:38am
I dont know what race everyone was watching, yes Herlings won. Cairoli was right there with him until about 10 minutes left and seemed to back...

We will see!

Over the bars? Lol. That was just the rear wheel jumping up a little bit because of a braking bump. Not a lot you can do about that. Definitely wasn't a case of "almost over the bars"
Belg
4/9/2018 9:28am
and desalle is next best , when these two crashes out ..desalle will be ready
roninho
4/9/2018 10:45am
If there is one guy not able to play the 'long game' it is Desalle. He has missed gp's in each of the past 4 seasons, and in 6 of the past 8 seasons.
Aryen
4/9/2018 11:12am
make1go wrote:
Pretty hard to rack up 9 450 titles in your second year if you do the maths, but dont let that get in the way of...
Pretty hard to rack up 9 450 titles in your second year if you do the maths, but dont let that get in the way of your strange mind set..
You mean 9 GP’s/overalls not titles. Before the vitards eat you up...
4/9/2018 11:28am
make1go wrote:
Pretty hard to rack up 9 450 titles in your second year if you do the maths, but dont let that get in the way of...
Aryen wrote:
You mean 9 GP’s/overalls not titles. Before the vitards eat you up...
He’s talking bout hard for herlings to have matched cairolis record of 9 world titles in only his second year in mx1

Post a reply to: MXGP of Trentino - Race thread

The Latest