MXGP of Switzerland- Weekend Discussion

ayearinmx
8/13/2017 12:35pm Edited Date/Time 8/13/2017 12:36pm
Moens_Andy wrote:
Sure let me be childish, you would not be talking that way if Ostlund was seriously injured. It's not that this race was a stand alone...
Sure let me be childish, you would not be talking that way if Ostlund was seriously injured. It's not that this race was a stand alone fact it has happend numerous times before and it will happen again. I'm the last too rant on a silly mistake because sometimes accidents happen but Seewer is doing it for years now and almost every race it's just dangerous as hell and this time i just had it with this guy.
Watch Ostlund's "incident" again..... Seewer jumped straight, Ostlund jumped straight.... the only thing that happened was that Ostlund bobbled right before the takeoff and hence why Seewer got so close

It's a 16:30 of the MX2 replay, if you want to go back and have a look at it again..... maybe open your eyes this time
Fiar
8/13/2017 12:43pm
Desalle on the kawasaki will never be the same as desalle on the suzuki
Bidirella
8/13/2017 1:23pm
Fiar wrote:
Desalle will be the same on every bike. He is having a good season i think. Bad race this weekend, if he can end the championship in P3 thats a great year for him! Cairoli and Herlings are a step above over a whole championship! Always have been and always will be..
8/13/2017 1:31pm
Moens_Andy wrote:
Sure let me be childish, you would not be talking that way if Ostlund was seriously injured. It's not that this race was a stand alone...
Sure let me be childish, you would not be talking that way if Ostlund was seriously injured. It's not that this race was a stand alone fact it has happend numerous times before and it will happen again. I'm the last too rant on a silly mistake because sometimes accidents happen but Seewer is doing it for years now and almost every race it's just dangerous as hell and this time i just had it with this guy.
ayearinmx wrote:
Watch Ostlund's "incident" again..... Seewer jumped straight, Ostlund jumped straight.... the only thing that happened was that Ostlund bobbled right before the takeoff and hence why...
Watch Ostlund's "incident" again..... Seewer jumped straight, Ostlund jumped straight.... the only thing that happened was that Ostlund bobbled right before the takeoff and hence why Seewer got so close

It's a 16:30 of the MX2 replay, if you want to go back and have a look at it again..... maybe open your eyes this time
You can't deny he was all over the place the second moto. Then proceeds to scrub a jump so hard, where he had multiple close calls on, while being on the tail of another rider, sending his bike straight into him.

https://youtu.be/W6z7fYsR9Bc

The Shop

Rowlands
8/13/2017 1:48pm
EnvyMedia wrote:
You can't deny he was all over the place the second moto. Then proceeds to scrub a jump so hard, where he had multiple close calls...
You can't deny he was all over the place the second moto. Then proceeds to scrub a jump so hard, where he had multiple close calls on, while being on the tail of another rider, sending his bike straight into him.

https://youtu.be/W6z7fYsR9Bc
That is Gnarly although I don't think it was intentional. I'm surprised that scrub crashes like that doesn't happen more often if I'm honest, I hope Lieber is OK.

Determination of Seewer was insane, I wounder what Everts had to say to him post race Laughing
ayearinmx
8/13/2017 1:54pm
He passed 25+ riders at his home GP that he desperately wanted to win, in the meanwhile keeping his mx2 world championship hopes alive. I should damn well hope he was on the edge... just like many riders before him who put on charges through the field.

And he didn't have "multiple close calls"... He had one, which as i explained (and video agrees with me) was actually down to Ostlund bobbling right before takeoff.

The Lieber incident is horrible and you could see it affect him on the track afterwards (when he made the mistakes) and he feels like shit that it happened... But this witch-hunt is pretty shitty when he's trying his hardest to win a world title, just like I'd hope any rider would be.
mxjon454
8/13/2017 2:08pm
Moens_Andy wrote:
I had to watch the 2nd race delayed but Seewer is an absolute idiot and a danger for anyone out there
DP#201 wrote:
He seems to be riding just beond his capability, he was lucky he came away unharmed today, he could just as well ended his day like...
He seems to be riding just beond his capability, he was lucky he came away unharmed today, he could just as well ended his day like Tonus or worse..
Seewer always rides like that, no surprise.
mxjon454
8/13/2017 2:11pm
Fiar wrote:
Bidirella wrote:
Desalle will be the same on every bike. He is having a good season i think. Bad race this weekend, if he can end the championship...
Desalle will be the same on every bike. He is having a good season i think. Bad race this weekend, if he can end the championship in P3 thats a great year for him! Cairoli and Herlings are a step above over a whole championship! Always have been and always will be..
Desalle will be the same on any brand i think. He will never win a world championship, but he'll always be top 5 and sometimes top 3 in points. His best shot at one was 2015. Not a knock on him, i wish i could have a career like him, but thats just what it is.
Aryen
8/13/2017 2:13pm
Moens_Andy wrote:
I had to watch the 2nd race delayed but Seewer is an absolute idiot and a danger for anyone out there
DP#201 wrote:
He seems to be riding just beond his capability, he was lucky he came away unharmed today, he could just as well ended his day like...
He seems to be riding just beond his capability, he was lucky he came away unharmed today, he could just as well ended his day like Tonus or worse..
mxjon454 wrote:
Seewer always rides like that, no surprise.
He has had the same shit for years, ask Herlings.
Sodipop
8/13/2017 2:17pm
Fiar wrote:
Bidirella wrote:
Desalle will be the same on every bike. He is having a good season i think. Bad race this weekend, if he can end the championship...
mxjon454 wrote:
Desalle will be the same on any brand i think. He will never win a world championship, but he'll always be top 5 and sometimes top...
Desalle will be the same on any brand i think. He will never win a world championship, but he'll always be top 5 and sometimes top 3 in points. His best shot at one was 2015. Not a knock on him, i wish i could have a career like him, but thats just what it is.
He got bad starts on a track that was incredibly one lined and he had a bad race. If he started in the top 5, he would have finished there
8/13/2017 2:21pm
ayearinmx wrote:
He passed 25+ riders at his home GP that he desperately wanted to win, in the meanwhile keeping his mx2 world championship hopes alive. I should...
He passed 25+ riders at his home GP that he desperately wanted to win, in the meanwhile keeping his mx2 world championship hopes alive. I should damn well hope he was on the edge... just like many riders before him who put on charges through the field.

And he didn't have "multiple close calls"... He had one, which as i explained (and video agrees with me) was actually down to Ostlund bobbling right before takeoff.

The Lieber incident is horrible and you could see it affect him on the track afterwards (when he made the mistakes) and he feels like shit that it happened... But this witch-hunt is pretty shitty when he's trying his hardest to win a world title, just like I'd hope any rider would be.
No witch hunt here man. He's the MX2 rider I'm rooting for. He rode great for his home fans. He just seems to ride like a mad man everytime he crashes early. I just hope he learns to keep his cool for his sake, because yes, he did have "multiple close calls" (solo, not with other riders) and it would be a bummer if he took himself out.
roninho
8/14/2017 12:59am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2017 1:00am
Fiar wrote:
Bidirella wrote:
The stats look different.

Desalle at Suzuki since 2010

3 wins and 18 total podiums (15 gp's)
7 wins and 12 total podiums (12 gp's)
3 wins and 18 total podiums (16 gp's)
6 wins and 26 total podiums (17 gp's)
7 wins and 14 total podiums (13 gp's)
1 win and 13 total podiums (9 gp's)

Desalle at Kawasaki:
0 wins and 5 total podiums (15 gp's)
2 wins and 9 total podiums (15 gp's)

His first season at Kawa he started injured, but this season Desalle is 100% fit. He always raced Cairoli so that shouldn't be an influence.
kongols
8/14/2017 1:17am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2017 1:19am
Moens_Andy wrote:
ayearinmx wrote:
Watch Ostlund's "incident" again..... Seewer jumped straight, Ostlund jumped straight.... the only thing that happened was that Ostlund bobbled right before the takeoff and hence why...

jamma10
8/14/2017 1:31am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2017 1:40am
ayearinmx wrote:
He passed 25+ riders at his home GP that he desperately wanted to win, in the meanwhile keeping his mx2 world championship hopes alive. I should...

Cant remember the Ostlund incident, but otherwise I agree with this.

I thought it was a fantastic and determined performance.
jemcee
8/14/2017 1:41am
I have no problem with that track
I have absolutely no problem with the way Seewer rode in the second race

In fact (this will prob prove unpopular haha) that might've been one of my favourite GPs of the year in a year full of incredible GPs..
3 awesome races full of everything I love about MX, sure it wasn't a traditional old school 'core' track but I honestly don't mind sprinkling in a few shiny new ones here and there.. advantages of SX without the SX
jamma10
8/14/2017 1:51am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2017 1:53am
I was very critical of the Swiss track when I saw the first images last year but I think they've actually managed to create a track with quite a traditional, old school feel.

I don't know if it's the the type of soil, way they prep the track, the lack of big generic jumps or all the grass - maybe it's all four elements combined. But for flat, man made track they've actually done a good job.
jemcee
8/14/2017 1:57am
jamma10 wrote:
I was very critical of the Swiss track when I saw the first images last year but I think they've actually managed to create a track...
I was very critical of the Swiss track when I saw the first images last year but I think they've actually managed to create a track with quite a traditional, old school feel.

I don't know if it's the the type of soil, way they prep the track, the lack of big generic jumps or all the grass - maybe it's all four elements combined. But for flat, man made track they've actually done a good job.
Yeah man I agree, and you can't argue with that atmosphere!
robkinuk
8/14/2017 2:13am
Seewer Lieber contact just a racing incident but was a mesmorising charge from last in first turn to second overall.
Swiss fans love their MX despite greenies trying to kill off any motorsport in Switzerland!SickEvil
RG1
8/14/2017 4:09am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2017 4:10am
Sodipop wrote:
He got bad starts on a track that was incredibly one lined and he had a bad race. If he started in the top 5, he...
He got bad starts on a track that was incredibly one lined and he had a bad race. If he started in the top 5, he would have finished there
I don't think Desalle will have had many more frustrating weekends than this weekend. His starts were just terrible, and he looked like he was hating every second of it
mxmasta
Fantasy
724th
8/14/2017 5:26am
jamma10 wrote:
I was very critical of the Swiss track when I saw the first images last year but I think they've actually managed to create a track...

Have to agree with you.
I was very skeptical last year when I saw the first pictures of the track. And not just because I've been to races in Frauenfeld which where held on their old track on natural terrain near the forest.

But after attending both races there in person, I must say, for the spectators and fans, it is an awesome track. You basically can see the whole track, then the stadium-feeling with the fans surrounding the infield produces a really great atmosphere. I guess I will go there next year too, it is just a great place to watch, and the racing on the track (for me) was just as spectacular than the races on some old-school tracks.
8/14/2017 6:35am
jamma10 wrote:

Yeah agreed. I'm still uneasy about going too much more in that direction but in terms of that layout they've really nailed it as much as they could. Great racing.
philG
8/15/2017 3:34am
It was a great weekend, considering the rain all of Friday, the track needs a few tweaks to open it up, like going straight down into the bottom corner after the Sidi wall jump, instead of turning straight after , and then shortening the waves , maybe make them bigger and a a bit closer together, that would help no end, as it was, it was a bit of a procession , guys not wanting to go off line to pass as they might leave a gap .

Certainly different after Lommel, Swiss fans were nuts for Seewer, Tonus , not so much, which was weird .

Post a reply to: MXGP of Switzerland- Weekend Discussion

The Latest