MXGP of Sweden cancelled

DeStouwer
MONACO (Principality of Monaco), 16 January 2018 – Due to last minute changes, Youthstream regretfully informs that the organizer of the MXGP of Sweden, in Uddevalla, had to cancel the FIM Motocross World Championship event scheduled for the 12th of August 2018.

Unfortunately as a result Youthstream has no choice but to also cancel the EMX125 Presented by FMF racing and EMX250 races that were foreseen at this event.

Any Swedes around here that have more info? Looks like they're not going to replace the event either.
|
1/16/2018 3:01am
BMK Uddevalla has today decided to withdraw from the 2018 World Cup calendar! No World Cup Motocross in Uddevalla. Since the World Championships in August, negotiations have been ongoing with Youthstream and Uddevalla Municipality. With Youthstream, we completely agree on how the contract would look like in the next three years, the cooperation that we have had over the years with Youthstream has, as usual, worked very well. However, we have been informed by Uddevalla Municipality that we reduce the financial support we have previously received, between 50-60% depending on which of the last two races we count. This has forced us to make the decision not to sign a new contract so as not to jeopardize the club's activities. We at BMK Uddevalla think Uddevallas biggest recurrence and Scandinavia's only World Cup motocross arrangement is important not only for us but also many others, including. The visiting industry gets a big supplement and Uddevalla is put on the map. BMK Uddevalla
Crush
1/16/2018 3:55am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
What does Youthstream charge to get a GP ?
Too much.

The Shop

themrtoad
1/16/2018 4:56am
I'm not surprised at all. Most cities and villages in Sweden will have difficult years ahead...I think most Swedes here can think of the reason, perhaps people from other countries as well?

Remember what Trump said? Lats night in Sweden...

themrtoad
1/16/2018 4:57am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
They charge different from different promotors. Uddevalla had a decent deal...
1/16/2018 5:53am
themrtoad wrote:
I'm not surprised at all. Most cities and villages in Sweden will have difficult years ahead...I think most Swedes here can think of the reason, perhaps...
I'm not surprised at all. Most cities and villages in Sweden will have difficult years ahead...I think most Swedes here can think of the reason, perhaps people from other countries as well?

Hopefully they vote better in september, but thats Another topic..
kongols
1/16/2018 6:34am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Around 400G just for license.
gt80rider
1/16/2018 7:55am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Isn't it around 20-50 million just for the privilege of putting on an F1 race? No idea in moto, but kongols just put up 400k, sounds less than I expected (but still a crazy high amount).
RCB33
Fantasy
118th
1/16/2018 9:08am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
gt80rider wrote:
Isn't it around 20-50 million just for the privilege of putting on an F1 race? No idea in moto, but kongols just put up 400k, sounds...
Isn't it around 20-50 million just for the privilege of putting on an F1 race? No idea in moto, but kongols just put up 400k, sounds less than I expected (but still a crazy high amount).
I believe Kongols is referring to the license alone, so the actual cost could be double that trying to get all the needed structural​ stuff. In a previous thread I believe they had estimated it at more like 650,000 - 800,000. Either way, not F1 money but nothing in the sport draws F1 money anyway.
Motofinne
1/16/2018 9:11am
I think it's around 300k€ for the license. Then add all the other costs that involves in having a race.

This is not surprise since they went away for 1 year because of funding problems. But it is a shame.
Frank
1/16/2018 10:59am
Very sad day as Uddevalla is a world class motocross venue compared to the man made flat venues like Indonesia, Switzerland, Mexico, Assen and Imola.
David934
1/16/2018 3:03pm
Maybe this is good for something. If it cancels more organizers, Youthstream starts to have problems with locations and will have to change something. Feel bad for Sweden GP, but I personally hate system, where organisers and racers (teams) must pay for GP.
Ray_MXS
1/16/2018 3:20pm
themrtoad wrote:
I'm not surprised at all. Most cities and villages in Sweden will have difficult years ahead...I think most Swedes here can think of the reason, perhaps...

This was probably the dumbest thing I've read in a while. Also extremely inaccurate and quoting a mis-facted statement from Trump to top it off
Musky
1/16/2018 9:33pm
David934 wrote:
Maybe this is good for something. If it cancels more organizers, Youthstream starts to have problems with locations and will have to change something. Feel bad...
Maybe this is good for something. If it cancels more organizers, Youthstream starts to have problems with locations and will have to change something. Feel bad for Sweden GP, but I personally hate system, where organisers and racers (teams) must pay for GP.
True but sad would love to see one in Canada, Then again we do have a pretty good outdoor serie's here.
themrtoad
1/17/2018 1:19am
Ray_MXS wrote:
This was probably the dumbest thing I've read in a while. Also extremely inaccurate and quoting a mis-facted statement from Trump to top it off
A lot of the costs now starts to shift from the government to the municipalities, this will effect their budgets regardless of what you think. I have no inside info regarding this particular decision, but it will make it harder to receive financial support for different events.

The quote about Trump was just a way to put non swedes on track...

Sensitive subject for you?

mpy
1/17/2018 1:58am
Ray_MXS wrote:
themrtoad wrote:
A lot of the costs now starts to shift from the government to the municipalities, this will effect their budgets regardless of what you think. I...
A lot of the costs now starts to shift from the government to the municipalities, this will effect their budgets regardless of what you think. I have no inside info regarding this particular decision, but it will make it harder to receive financial support for different events.

The quote about Trump was just a way to put non swedes on track...

Sensitive subject for you?

Non-Swedes on track?
themrtoad
1/17/2018 2:44am
It seems Trumps quotes isn't as famous outside of Sweden. Some of the politicians and media in Sweden do all they can to hide any problems related to all the immigrants. They were very upset when Trump used Sweden as an example of a country that has big problems related to immigration. I guess he used us a an example to justify some of his own political moves.

If you google "last night in sweden" you'll get the picture.
mpy
1/17/2018 2:49am Edited Date/Time 1/17/2018 2:50am
themrtoad wrote:
It seems Trumps quotes isn't as famous outside of Sweden. Some of the politicians and media in Sweden do all they can to hide any problems...
It seems Trumps quotes isn't as famous outside of Sweden. Some of the politicians and media in Sweden do all they can to hide any problems related to all the immigrants. They were very upset when Trump used Sweden as an example of a country that has big problems related to immigration. I guess he used us a an example to justify some of his own political moves.

So you're blaming the loss of the GP on immigration? Wow.

Ray_MXS
1/17/2018 3:37am
themrtoad wrote:
It seems Trumps quotes isn't as famous outside of Sweden. Some of the politicians and media in Sweden do all they can to hide any problems...

mpy wrote:

Yeah he's trying to. We shouldn't feed the troll though so shhhhh Smile
rmoto003
1/17/2018 3:54am
mpy wrote:

Shhhh goy, there are no problems with immigration in Sweden.

Now, back to your cuck shed
themrtoad
1/17/2018 4:38am
mpy wrote:

Not really( I'm aware of what I wrote of course though) But more than anything I was claiming that events can't count on financial support like they used to in the future. There are no funds for it.

Some cities need to raise their taxes with 6 % just to keep the same welfare we have today in the near future. I blame political decisions regarding immigration for a lot of this.

It's a quite polarising subject, so let's just leave it there and hopefully we can see a GP in Denmark instead in the future. Interest should be high with TKO and Haarup.

Post a reply to: MXGP of Sweden cancelled

The Latest