MXGP of Sweden - Uddevalla, Weekend Discussion

Edited Date/Time 8/21/2017 2:29pm
All info and links can be found here

MX 2 at the line for the Qualifying race!
|
Rowlands
8/19/2017 8:06am
How's the track looking MXGP-TV folks ?

Looks like the tops MXGP guys are all on it going off practice results.
8/19/2017 8:12am
Rowlands wrote:

Track honestly looks pretty good. A little rutted and some dangers for rain but everything good so far.

---

MXGP Quali race now out on track!
Rowlands
8/19/2017 8:14am
This should be good, Febvre, Gajser,Herlings and Cairoli all in the top 5

The Shop

steed 2.0
8/19/2017 8:19am
Rowlands wrote:

Track honestly looks pretty good. A little rutted and some dangers for rain but everything good so far.

---

Yes, big improvement...
Rowlands
8/19/2017 8:19am
Herlings seems to be fastest man on track.

What happens to Anstie and Van hoorebeek ? Sorry folks I've only got live timing.
ayearinmx
8/19/2017 8:21am
Anstie snapped a chain.... vHorebeek crashed in the same place with Coldenhoff going into him
8/19/2017 8:21am
Rowlands wrote:
Herlings seems to be fastest man on track.

What happens to Anstie and Van hoorebeek ? Sorry folks I've only got live timing.
Anstie his chain broke, JVH & Coldenhoff went down together pretty hard but looked allright.
Motofinne
8/19/2017 8:33am
Those ruts in the uphill roller section are absolutely mental, especially when they seem to be firm.

8/19/2017 8:39am
Motofinne wrote:
Those ruts in the uphill roller section are absolutely mental, especially when they seem to be firm.

Yes, and cool by Herlings taking the inside with more or less zero run-in on the ruts.
Motofinne
8/19/2017 8:40am
Rowlands wrote:

---

steed 2.0 wrote:
Yes, big improvement...
The track looked way better than be years before!
Rowlands
8/19/2017 8:44am
Herlings is really getting some good momentum now I would say fastest rider just needs a start and he's likely to win.
Sodipop
8/19/2017 9:05am
Rowlands wrote:
Herlings is really getting some good momentum now I would say fastest rider just needs a start and he's likely to win.
He's been the fastest rider for two months. Cairoli has been beating him because he always starts ahead of him
Rowlands
8/19/2017 9:11am
Rowlands wrote:
Sodipop wrote:
He's been the fastest rider for two months. Cairoli has been beating him because he always starts ahead of him
Do you think so consistently ?

Having said that Cairoli has always been tactical brilliant and a master of winning GP's and championship.
8/19/2017 9:45am
Febvre is back it seems, Gajser is taking it easy you can see it on track, what happened to Covington? He was in 4th then disappeared........
ATKpilot99
8/19/2017 9:58am
Rowlands wrote:
Sodipop wrote:
They all start at the same gate. There have been motos Herlings has gotten into second behind Cairoli with plenty of time to close the gap and hasn't been able to do it. At this point with a close to 100 point lead Cairoli can afford to just manage the championship. I am looking forward to next season though. I hope Cairoli , Gajser and Herlings all go in healthy.
8/19/2017 10:12am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
They all start at the same gate. There have been motos Herlings has gotten into second behind Cairoli with plenty of time to close the gap...
They all start at the same gate. There have been motos Herlings has gotten into second behind Cairoli with plenty of time to close the gap and hasn't been able to do it. At this point with a close to 100 point lead Cairoli can afford to just manage the championship. I am looking forward to next season though. I hope Cairoli , Gajser and Herlings all go in healthy.
how many times ? maybe 2 times ? he usually is around top 10 and Cairoli takes the holeshot 9 out of 10
ATKpilot99
8/19/2017 10:33am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2017 10:34am
how many times ? maybe 2 times ? he usually is around top 10 and Cairoli takes the holeshot 9 out of 10
As I said they all start on the same gate. Maybe he needs to translate some of that otherworldy speed you guys are always talking about to the start straight, or maybe Tony will be a nice guy and wait up for him Wink . Next season will be interesting. I think Herlings will be the favorite, but a fit Gajser and of course Tony I'm sure will be right there with him.
63mark
8/19/2017 11:13am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
As I said they all start on the same gate. Maybe he needs to translate some of that otherworldy speed you guys are always talking about...
As I said they all start on the same gate. Maybe he needs to translate some of that otherworldy speed you guys are always talking about to the start straight, or maybe Tony will be a nice guy and wait up for him Wink . Next season will be interesting. I think Herlings will be the favorite, but a fit Gajser and of course Tony I'm sure will be right there with him.
If you count out the first 5 GP's, i think Herlings would be leading this championship over Cairoli Tongue
themrtoad
8/19/2017 11:16am
Febvre is back it seems, Gajser is taking it easy you can see it on track, what happened to Covington? He was in 4th then disappeared........
Covington lost the frontwheel after 1 lap. Had to wait for everyone to pass before he could get his bike to not get hit by someone. I was there today and the track has an improved surface, but some other changes was not for the better imho. The wall jump after the plateau makes passing even harder. The steep jump in the 180 two corners after the wawes sucked as well. Herlings looked great. 461 looked better than in a long time. 222 looked uninspired. Seewer was fast but needs a better start as always. Quite a lot of rain was actually just the right amount for the track today
8/19/2017 12:12pm
themrtoad wrote:
Covington lost the frontwheel after 1 lap. Had to wait for everyone to pass before he could get his bike to not get hit by someone...
Covington lost the frontwheel after 1 lap. Had to wait for everyone to pass before he could get his bike to not get hit by someone. I was there today and the track has an improved surface, but some other changes was not for the better imho. The wall jump after the plateau makes passing even harder. The steep jump in the 180 two corners after the wawes sucked as well. Herlings looked great. 461 looked better than in a long time. 222 looked uninspired. Seewer was fast but needs a better start as always. Quite a lot of rain was actually just the right amount for the track today
Thanks!!!
Yep
8/19/2017 12:17pm
What's up with those steep jumps in the fast downhill and backside hairpin area?
themrtoad
8/19/2017 1:27pm
Yep wrote:
What's up with those steep jumps in the fast downhill and backside hairpin area?
I have no idea!!! Weird shit
agn5009
8/19/2017 2:41pm
Today is why I'm concerned with Covington on Team MXDN. He's so inconsistent.
Aryen
8/20/2017 2:16am
themrtoad wrote:
Covington lost the frontwheel after 1 lap. Had to wait for everyone to pass before he could get his bike to not get hit by someone...
Probably not uninspired, he just does the bare minimum to get a good gate pick. Herlings even wants to dominate qualifying. Cairoli clearly more mature.
Rowlands
8/20/2017 3:48am
Febvre is going to podium this weekend.

I'm going

Herlings, Febvre, Cairoli for overall podium.

Post a reply to: MXGP of Sweden - Uddevalla, Weekend Discussion

The Latest