MXGP of Russia - June 8-9

KurtJ99
Fantasy
679th
6/8/2019 3:19pm
I believe Febvre has a Super Motard background. Might explain why he was so good on the dry slick track. Didn’t see much of him in the qualifier just checked out and cruised it in.
hamncheeze
6/8/2019 3:29pm
Man that crash from Watson was nasty AF. I missed the 250 Qualifying race, just watched it now. Amazing he's relatively unscathed.
philG
6/8/2019 3:57pm
KurtJ99 wrote:
I believe Febvre has a Super Motard background. Might explain why he was so good on the dry slick track. Didn’t see much of him in...
I believe Febvre has a Super Motard background. Might explain why he was so good on the dry slick track. Didn’t see much of him in the qualifier just checked out and cruised it in.
He rode SM for a few years, after injuring his knee at MX.. rode in French and German series. Has ridden the Superbiker event in Belgium a few times too and won. Contrary to popular opinion, he has never won a series , and went back to MX in the EMX 250 , his SM skills are on point though, thats for sure.

The Shop

Helda
6/8/2019 4:15pm
Imagine if it was actually 50 or 60 riders tryint to qualify and Tony didnt make the main race
2F4A
6/8/2019 4:31pm
Helda wrote:
Imagine if it was actually 50 or 60 riders tryint to qualify and Tony didnt make the main race
It could actually have been the case, in the two stroke era, without carbon fiber, without titanium, without David Luongo.
Helda
6/8/2019 6:16pm
Helda wrote:
2F4A wrote:
It could actually have been the case, in the two stroke era, without carbon fiber, without titanium, without David Luongo.
Yep!
JB479
6/8/2019 9:40pm
This track sucks. Its to high speed, barely any ruts. Everyone is very close in speed.
Bearuno
6/8/2019 10:42pm Edited Date/Time 6/8/2019 10:54pm
Helda wrote:
Well, if it were like it was many years ago, there would have been timed qualifying sessions, and not a Qualifying Moto for AC (and others) to axe themselves in

Someone like Robgvx would know - I think top ten (or some number) in the series at the time of a race event, or from the previous years results, had some sort of qualifying 'protection', at times
Bearuno
6/8/2019 10:54pm Edited Date/Time 6/8/2019 10:55pm
JB479 wrote:
This track sucks. Its to high speed, barely any ruts. Everyone is very close in speed.
It's a Great track.

Plenty of up and down, (scary) floater jumps, and hard, hard pack, with plenty of ruts.

Just look at (if you can see it - he didn't, the poor bastard) the miniature one that caught out Watson, on the face of that jump.

What do you want - tilled up ground, that ends up as a piss poor slot car track?

A hard pack track like this, with ruts that become rock hard wheel biters, would have so many riders that are now used to Chocolate Cake like surfaces, crying in their energy drinks, wondering how to find traction.

'Everyone' - well, not really - is close in speed because so many of them are blazingly fast, GP winners. You need to get over to the GPs, to see just how good these riders all are.
JB479
6/8/2019 11:44pm Edited Date/Time 6/8/2019 11:45pm
JB479 wrote:
Bearuno wrote:
It's a Great track. Plenty of up and down, (scary) floater jumps, and hard, hard pack, with plenty of ruts. Just look at (if you can...
It's a Great track.

Plenty of up and down, (scary) floater jumps, and hard, hard pack, with plenty of ruts.

Just look at (if you can see it - he didn't, the poor bastard) the miniature one that caught out Watson, on the face of that jump.

What do you want - tilled up ground, that ends up as a piss poor slot car track?

A hard pack track like this, with ruts that become rock hard wheel biters, would have so many riders that are now used to Chocolate Cake like surfaces, crying in their energy drinks, wondering how to find traction.

'Everyone' - well, not really - is close in speed because so many of them are blazingly fast, GP winners. You need to get over to the GPs, to see just how good these riders all are.
its dangerous, the riders have to go so fast, just look how easy it was to wash the front end like watson did. Sterry did the same thing in timed practice. Yeah id rather see a track thats tilled deep like teutschental which gets quite a few ruts/line. Tracks like this weekend make it alot easier for prado to win cause his bike is so much faster than everyone else’s in the field.
roninho
6/9/2019 12:22am
Helda wrote:
Bearuno wrote:
Well, if it were like it was many years ago, there would have been timed qualifying sessions, and not a Qualifying Moto for AC (and others)...
Well, if it were like it was many years ago, there would have been timed qualifying sessions, and not a Qualifying Moto for AC (and others) to axe themselves in

Someone like Robgvx would know - I think top ten (or some number) in the series at the time of a race event, or from the previous years results, had some sort of qualifying 'protection', at times
I think the top 8 or 10 from last year werd secured a spot in the race, untill mid season when it shifted to the current top8-10 in points.
The same applied to travel expenses compensation for the flyaway races.

It was something along these lines in the 80s
robkinuk
6/9/2019 2:29am Edited Date/Time 6/9/2019 2:30am
Top result for young Brit Todd Kellet wining the EMX2T GP of Russia as a total privateer, flying out there with just his girlfriend. His dad and mechanic Knibs couldn't afford to go!
6/9/2019 2:47am
robkinuk wrote:
Top result for young Brit Todd Kellet wining the EMX2T GP of Russia as a total privateer, flying out there with just his girlfriend. His dad...
Top result for young Brit Todd Kellet wining the EMX2T GP of Russia as a total privateer, flying out there with just his girlfriend. His dad and mechanic Knibs couldn't afford to go!
Yeah that was a stonking race. Track's a bit sketchy though, Tim Gajser needs to be careful.
St Ann More
6/9/2019 3:26am Edited Date/Time 6/9/2019 3:29am
This will be a test for Sanayei and the virus, what with the lead and heat!

His results have started to improve of late though!
Bearuno
6/9/2019 3:27am Edited Date/Time 6/9/2019 3:28am
JB479 wrote:
its dangerous, the riders have to go so fast, just look how easy it was to wash the front end like watson did. Sterry did the...
its dangerous, the riders have to go so fast, just look how easy it was to wash the front end like watson did. Sterry did the same thing in timed practice. Yeah id rather see a track thats tilled deep like teutschental which gets quite a few ruts/line. Tracks like this weekend make it alot easier for prado to win cause his bike is so much faster than everyone else’s in the field.
Have you been watching the GPs, or the US Nationals? Or are you still in SX (low) speed mode?

Outdoors racing is Fast .

And, dangerous.Well, all racing is.

Cute Lil Teut tilled deep?

Sport, I've been there at least 6 times, and it's not tilled deep. Nothing like say, what's been done to a fair few US tracks for years now. It's certainly a bit less hard packed than Orlyonok, but it's not soft and fluffy.

For an idea of what hard pack - and high speed - is like, go search for Carlsbad USGP footage, and Saddleback, Hangtown (way back, but, even now - and, do you think Pala and Colorado weren't fast tracks?) and quite a few older US tracks. Also, look up GPs of the past. A great boxed set to educate yourself on (incredibly) varied terrain Motocross tracks is the 86 to 90 500 GP series. Hell, you'll even see Leisks 2 years in the GPs.

There's plenty of ruts and lines at Orlyonok, it's up to the riders to use them, and, avoid them if needed.
Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
6/9/2019 3:45am
JB479 wrote:
its dangerous, the riders have to go so fast, just look how easy it was to wash the front end like watson did. Sterry did the...
Bearuno wrote:
Have you been watching the GPs, or the US Nationals? Or are you still in SX (low) speed mode? Outdoors racing is [i]Fast [/i]. And, dangerous.Well...
Have you been watching the GPs, or the US Nationals? Or are you still in SX (low) speed mode?

Outdoors racing is Fast .

And, dangerous.Well, all racing is.

Cute Lil Teut tilled deep?

Sport, I've been there at least 6 times, and it's not tilled deep. Nothing like say, what's been done to a fair few US tracks for years now. It's certainly a bit less hard packed than Orlyonok, but it's not soft and fluffy.

For an idea of what hard pack - and high speed - is like, go search for Carlsbad USGP footage, and Saddleback, Hangtown (way back, but, even now - and, do you think Pala and Colorado weren't fast tracks?) and quite a few older US tracks. Also, look up GPs of the past. A great boxed set to educate yourself on (incredibly) varied terrain Motocross tracks is the 86 to 90 500 GP series. Hell, you'll even see Leisks 2 years in the GPs.

There's plenty of ruts and lines at Orlyonok, it's up to the riders to use them, and, avoid them if needed.
Wow, this guy said he didn’t like the track and in your own way you turn it into a pissing match about AMA vs GPs. I’ll second his opinion, the track sucks.
Sideways
6/9/2019 4:02am
The track is not very good, but the racing in mx2 moto 1 was very good! Im excited for mxgp now. I think
1. Gajser
2.Cairoli
3.Febvre
4.Seewer
5. Herlings
Bearuno
6/9/2019 4:02am
Park Boys wrote:
Wow, this guy said he didn’t like the track and in your own way you turn it into a pissing match about AMA vs GPs. I’ll...
Wow, this guy said he didn’t like the track and in your own way you turn it into a pissing match about AMA vs GPs. I’ll second his opinion, the track sucks.
You read into that a 'pissing match'?

Well, you're entitled to your opinion, however off the mark it is.

Same as how you think the track sucks.

I, don't.

It's just different challenge, that all riders have to deal with.
Motofinne
6/9/2019 4:18am
Gajser could be the points leader when this moto is over!
Sideways
6/9/2019 4:28am
Wheres the fighting spirit from Cairoli? Feels like he's just been mailing it in the last couple of races. Hardly moving forward after bad starts.
Sideways
6/9/2019 4:30am
Tonus is very impressive! Keeping Gajser honest
6/9/2019 4:30am
How many more shots of riders crashed out are we going to see?
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
6/9/2019 4:31am
Tonus has been feisty lately!
Motofinne
6/9/2019 4:47am Edited Date/Time 6/9/2019 4:47am
Omg what an insane crash from Desalle. That is exactly the crash i've imagined in my mind looking at that stupid section.

Way, way too much speed. They need to fucking slow down this track if it stays on the schedule.

Sideways
6/9/2019 4:47am
That is a very very fast section. I hope everything is ok. That was nasty. This track takes alot of victims
jemcee
6/9/2019 4:50am
Mmmman that was horrible!
This track is taking it's toll
St Ann More
6/9/2019 4:56am Edited Date/Time 6/9/2019 5:02am
On the fastest lap track of the year; Gasjer lapped 7 riders, 5 were DNF's.

Post a reply to: MXGP of Russia - June 8-9

The Latest